RESULTS: 2012 Ruby 7

Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Ruby 7

Post by Jack_Rav » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Shana lost; Yuki lost. Take one, lose one, I guess. (Although, just to say re: Mikoto's loss it was clearly apparent Yuki had a massive boost for Amethyst - she was at her most dangerous then and Mikoto drew the short straw)

The only thing I'm really waiting for now is for Taiga to lose; the day will come.
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:53 pm

We can also make this kind of comparison based on the division's competitiveness :

Nova - Scottish Premier League, since Celtic will now win the league for the next 4 years UNCONTESTED, with Rangers demoted to Scottish football league 3 ( bottom tier ) because of the fracas the old-co did. ( yep i am a semi-Rangers fan -_- ). Without the Old firm derbies, Celtic will just walk the league by January -_- .
Stellar - Proper leagues like Barclays Premier League where u have Man United FC, Man City FC, Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC and on their days, Liverpool FC and Totenham Hotspurs mounting genuine title challenge. Walking the league? No chance in hell. Or Italian Serie A with Juve, AC Milan and Internazionale Milano or German Bundes League ( With FC Bayern Munchen, Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen being the powerhouses ).

Which league will u want to see? A stagnating Scottish league with everyone knowing that Celtic will win in the foreseeable future, or the other leagues i've mentioned where the outcome is still far from certain?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm

chan12 wrote:Well maybe everyone in here are shock after Shana loss by Misaka
A lot of us know that she will lose, just by not this much and we thought she will make it hard for Mikoto to score an easy victory. Considering that Mikoto already beat Shana before, Mikoto is the one with the upper hand. 1000+ VD is a tough task and Mikoto just did that. Can you say Shana had a bad night?
Jack_Rav wrote:Shana lost; Yuki lost. Take one, lose one, I guess. (Although, just to say re: Mikoto's loss it was clearly apparent Yuki had a massive boost for Amethyst - she was at her most dangerous then and Mikoto drew the short straw)

The only thing I'm really waiting for now is for Taiga to lose; the day will come.
Mikoto got caught by surprise and she only lost by less than 300 to Yuki.

Mikoto hasn't fought Taiga afaik. If Mikoto wins that, she'll definitely secure the 1st seed. That's one of the possibilities, since you want Taiga to lose.

I thought Scottish Premier League was always between Celtic and Rangers.
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Congrats to Hitagi, Saber, Taiga and Hei winning their respective matches. :)
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Congratulations to Misaka Mikoto for winning the Ruby necklace. I expected a fight, but you made it look easy in the long run. At least, I can support Shana for Topaz.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:18 pm

some good, some bad results.
sad to see how close some of the matches were pulling when I thought a certain girl would have the upper hand by a fair margin
spoiler alert :3
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:21 pm

also- why is everyone so quick to hand Mikoto the necklace?

I mean- Taiga pulled some rabbits out of her hat the past 2 periods even with the shana split.
and who knows where the rest of the voters from those who missed the cut (ie: Euu, Yuri) will sway if they aren't KanaHana fans
spoiler alert :3
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm

It may be possible that some voters might decide to give another challenger a chance to win a necklace. The problem is they would have to vote the same way to even have a chance at passing Mikoto.

Shana lost to Yuki in Ruby 2011, but was able to overcome a decent lead by Hinagiku (SDO 63-51=12) to win the Ruby necklace.
I don't think Taiga can overcome almost double the SDO difference against an opponent who is most likely stronger than Hinagiku at the moment (SDO 97-74=23)

I would really be surprised if Hanazawa supporters would stay and vote for Kobato. Doesn't help that she has to contend with a series split from Sena.

The closest possible competition for Mikoto would be Azusa. (SDO 97-81=16) The gap may still be tought to overcome, but Azusa's advantage is she is the lone K-on rep in the necklace round (Thanks to Inori earning more points for a close match). Also the VD in her last match against Mikoto (Aquamarine 7 2011) was only 8 votes, so she is competitive against Mikoto.
Deathscyther
Space pirate
Space pirate

Post by Deathscyther » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Jack_Rav wrote:Shana lost; Yuki lost. Take one, lose one, I guess. (Although, just to say re: Mikoto's loss it was clearly apparent Yuki had a massive boost for Amethyst - she was at her most dangerous then and Mikoto drew the short straw)
With the new necklace system in play (every girl is able to obtain only one necklace) I guess some voters have specific goals in mind when voting this year.

I think that Yuki managed to defeat Mikoto because a lot of voters think that Amethyst fits Yuki perfectly (even people who usually choose Mikoto over Yuki). This gave Yuki enough of a boost to beat someone like Mikoto with room to spare.

And I think that Mikoto destroyed Shana this time, because many people want Shana to get all the necklaces. Shana would almost certainly have won the ruby necklace if she had won this match. Since Shana already has ruby,I guess the people who want her to get all the necklaces voted against her this time, so that she'll be able to try to get Topaz. I'm expecting a boost for Shana during Topaz, just like Yuki got hers during Amethyst.
Shana actually got a small boost during the necklace match of Amethyst as well. Most people expected Taiga to get the necklace, but because Shana 'overperformed', Kuroneko managed to win the necklace. This is probably because of the same reason as above. Shana doesn't have Amethyst in her collection yet either and a lot of people wanted her to get a new necklace (and I guess they sacrificed Taiga...).
Jack_Rav wrote:The only thing I'm really waiting for now is for Taiga to lose; the day will come.
In a direct confrontation I think Tenshi will beat Taiga with room to spare, although I think that Taiga will manage to get at least 45% of the votes. Shana will probably beat Taiga in a direct confrontation as well (especially if they have to fight in Topaz), since I still think that a big chunk of the people who vote for Taiga are Shana/Taiga fans who'll pick Shana over Taiga. I think Taiga will beat Mikoto if she doesn't lose any strenght.
xcrossfacekillahx wrote: A lot of us know that she will lose, just by not this much and we thought she will make it hard for Mikoto to score an easy victory. Considering that Mikoto already beat Shana before, Mikoto is the one with the upper hand. 1000+ VD is a tough task and Mikoto just did that. Can you say Shana had a bad night?
I still think that a big part of the Shana fanbase decided to vote against Shana this time in order for her to win all the necklaces. I guess they want her to take Topaz this year. Mikoto and Shana have always been really close in strenght. Although Mikoto usually ends up being just a little bit stronger in their direct confrontations, I believe that 56.5% is too much of a difference for Shana to have really tried, especially since Shana was performing pretty good in her other matches. Even in the 2011 final Mikoto only won with 53%.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:52 pm

kanohistorm wrote:also- why is everyone so quick to hand Mikoto the necklace?

I mean- Taiga pulled some rabbits out of her hat the past 2 periods even with the shana split.
and who knows where the rest of the voters from those who missed the cut (ie: Euu, Yuri) will sway if they aren't KanaHana fans
Maybe if Kanade was here in Azusa's position with the same SDO she could try and brute force a win. Her chance of being successful would be very low, though. If Kanade barely has a chance to pull it off, no one else has any chance at all. The SDO advantage is just too big.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 am

Deathscyther wrote:In a direct confrontation I think Tenshi will beat Taiga with room to spare, although I think that Taiga will manage to get at least 45% of the votes. Shana will probably beat Taiga in a direct confrontation as well (especially if they have to fight in Topaz), since I still think that a big chunk of the people who vote for Taiga are Shana/Taiga fans who'll pick Shana over Taiga. I think Taiga will beat Mikoto if she doesn't lose any strength.
I still think Mikoto can win her match against Taiga. Also people would vote Shana over Taiga.
Tim
Befriender
Befriender
Wish: Shana be one of the happiest girls in the world.

Post by Tim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

Deathscyther wrote:Wow, the Shana fanbase actually threw the match. It was very possible for Shana to lose against Mikoto in a 'fair' match, but not by this much. I guess they want her to get Topaz this year. I hope they won't regret this decision.

More close matches than I expected.
Yay for Taiga easily winning and for Nagisa winning! And wow, Inori came so close...
Do you really think so?
Shana fanbase were not silly as you think to throw out Ruby for Tapaz.

On the other hand,I doubted at this match's votes again.
The result like the champion match last year,and more serious.
Shana can win Yuki ,but lose to Mikoto by 1200 votes ? No kidding.
If You wants ISML to become better, more valueable and respected,
please make the vote counting system fair, equitable and public.
If the officials can make this,
I think winners' or loser's fanbase can accept it whatever the result was.
How can't you like this girl?Image
YagamiHayate
Combat butler
Combat butler
Badges:

Post by YagamiHayate » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 am

Tim wrote:Shana fanbase were not silly as you think to throw out Ruby for Tapaz.
Shana already has a Ruby necklace, but she doesn't have Topaz. I don't find it that hard to believe that some Shana fans would prefer her to get closer to having won all 7 necklaces (something which is 'literally impossible' now for anyone else), ahead of a repeat Ruby necklace.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Tim wrote:If You wants ISML to become better, more valueable and respected,
fair & equitable: What's not fair and equitable about the current vote counting system? One vote per person (IP) with multiple votes removed—I don't see how that can be improved.
public: I'm going to assume here that you mean show the vote counts as each ballot is submitted. If you think about it, this idea brings a tons of problems. But before that, let me ask you this: Do you think there's a reason why the results to political elections aren't "public" until the time period of voting ends? Showing the votes as they are submitted can result in:
1) Voters being swayed
2) Site needs to constantly refresh the vote totals, possibly making it slower
3) Strategical/Anti voting will increase now that people know roughly how much a character needs to win or lose
There are probably more, but the bottom line is, making vote counting public is something that should never happen.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm

I think partial results should be released a few hours after the voting period and then reload for the full results at the 12th hour. But if that would bother much then disregard my suggestion.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Gah Kotomi lost by a mere 60 votes. A painful loss considering it could have made 3 in a row.
Fire Sisters!Show
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
Tim wrote:If You wants ISML to become better, more valueable and respected,
fair & equitable: What's not fair and equitable about the current vote counting system? One vote per person (IP) with multiple votes removed—I don't see how that can be improved.
public: I'm going to assume here that you mean show the vote counts as each ballot is submitted. If you think about it, this idea brings a tons of problems. But before that, let me ask you this: Do you think there's a reason why the results to political elections aren't "public" until the time period of voting ends? Showing the votes as they are submitted can result in:
1) Voters being swayed
2) Site needs to constantly refresh the vote totals, possibly making it slower
3) Strategical/Anti voting will increase now that people know roughly how much a character needs to win or lose
There are probably more, but the bottom line is, making vote counting public is something that should never happen.
4) I believe part of ensuring that there aren't any fake votes is keeping the vote checking method a secret. IP is part of it but I'm sure there's more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 am

loudmouth is entirely correct.

There's one key reason why we can't give vote counts publicly. Unlike other saimoe contests, we have no codes or huge waiting time, so multivoting attempts are a big problem given the simplicity of the voting process. If we show which votes get in and which ones do not, then it's a multivoter's paradise. They know specifically if their "methods" are blocked and try to find better ways to get past our system. As you can imagine no one wants this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Deathscyther
Space pirate
Space pirate

Post by Deathscyther » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am

Tim wrote:Do you really think so?
Shana fanbase were not silly as you think to throw out Ruby for Tapaz.
I really think so, yeah. I can't be certain of course.

Nothing indicated that Mikoto was that much stronger than Shana, so I expected the match to be really close. That's why I think that tactical voting was involved. Shana only needs two more necklaces to complete her collection (Amethyst and Topaz). There are people who will vote for and against Shana to make this happen (including Shana fans). Since Shana failed to get Amethyst this year, these people will probably try to make her win Topaz. Because of the new rule (each girl can only win one necklace) Shana can't win Topaz if she already wins Ruby. Since Shana probably would have won the necklace if she had beaten Mikoto here, these people voted against Shana this time, while they might have chosen Shana over Mikoto under normal circumstances.
Tim wrote: On the other hand,I doubted at this match's votes again.
The result like the champion match last year,and more serious.
Shana can win Yuki ,but lose to Mikoto by 1200 votes ? No kidding.
If You wants ISML to become better, more valueable and respected,
If the officials can make this,
I think winners' or loser's fanbase can accept it whatever the result was.
It's not the counting system that causes these upsets/overperformances/underperformances. I'm sure the vote counting system is fair.There are many factors that can play a role, like: strategic voting, the anime of the girl starts or stops airing; something big happens to the character in the anime; etc. Then there are people who don't care about both girls. These people might vote for the one girl the first time and then for the other girl the second time.

I wouldn't make it public either, because this would influence the voting too much.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:01 am

We don't release these stats often, but for Ruby 6 we had 8341 voters, and for Ruby 7 we had 9782. If a good amount of these 1400 voters gained has never voted in ISML before, then they could tip the balance drastically.

And now you can figure out how many voters abstained Shana vs. Mikoto because they hate tsunderes. X)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.