Ahasuerus
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Oshino Shinobu
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Among Angels

Re: Ruby 4 - 27 July

Post by Ahasuerus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 am

Hetaliafan09 wrote:I really just vote on who I like better as a character. Voting for the most "moe" in my mind would mean Mikuru winning every round and every necklace since her whole creation was to pander to every type of moe there is. I mean if you find someone extreamely moe but don't even like them as a character then what's the point? There would be no satisfaction in seeing them win.
I'd say then that if you simply don't like a moe-licious character, then she isn't moe to you since such a large part of moe is "appeal". I just prefer putting both girls on a balance-beam-scale and determining who's more moe by the weight (as it were). Take Shiki for example. I totally love her character; she's awesome, and one of my favorites. But compared to Mikuru, whom I like less, Shiki's moe pales in comparison. Since this is a moe contest (as opposed to a popularity contest), Mikuru must get my vote. And I am sad :(

But ZETSUBOU is a major part of ISML too; so I guess it can't be helped ^^;

And I'll go against the trend and grain to add that Mikuru, while being a "moe-blob," is still moe. I mean, so what if she was created to elicit feelings of moe? Are her creators supposed to tone down her appeal in order to not be thought of as being manipulative by otaku? If that were the case, then a LOT of characters wouldn't be as appealing as they are.

I have a hard time envisioning the animators at KyoAni huddling together around their meeting-table and conspiring to create Mikuru or Tsukasa in just such a way just so that they'll be seen as super-moe :lol: But it wouldn't surprise me, given their trollin' ways ^.^
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Ahasuerus wrote:And I'll go against the trend and grain to add that Mikuru, while being a "moe-blob," is still moe. I mean, so what if she was created to elicit feelings of moe? Are her creators supposed to tone down her appeal in order to not be thought of as being manipulative by otaku? If that were the case, then a LOT of characters wouldn't be as appealing as they are.
Moeblobs aren't just characters that were made with a lot of moe characteritics but with a lot of a certain characteristics that many find moe like being easily embarassed and/or teased, between others (but I think that being easily embarassed is the iconcharacteristic of a moe blob). So if you're not fond of it/ don't find it moe, then a lot of the character moe is lost to you (which is my case too).

Well but like some already mentioned what makes you think a character is moe varies a lot between each person. I, for example, am a firm believer of "Badass moe", or should I call it "Badass Moe coefficient" which doesn't seems to matter to many others when regarding moe.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:42 pm

I am not too fond of moe-blobs, but I also think Mikuru is moe, and I'm not sure why. There's not much of a difference between Haruhi-Mikuru and Konata-Miyuki, but I like the former more, even though Mikuru doesn't have pink hair. I guess one reason is I was never fond of the teasing portion of anime, but for some reason, Haruhi made it funnier than it should be.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Hetaliafan09
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Gilgamesh
2017 Female Favorite: C.C.
2017 Male Favorite: Monkey D. Luffy
Wish: Become a member of the Straw Hat crew.

Post by Hetaliafan09 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:11 am

Maybe me being a girl has to do with it. ._. My sense of other girls being moe is most definitely different from a male I'm sure.