Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

RESULTS - Ruby 4

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 am

Post your discussions about results here. This post will be updated with graphics when they become available. Results are released 12 hours after the end of these match, which is at 0300 GMT on 29 July (or 8 PM PDT, 11 PM EDT on 28 July). For more time translations, please refer to this thread.

By PercentageShow
Cumulative StatisticsShow
Performance RatingsShow
Statistics
-The total valid votes for Ruby 4 is 3723, 86.5% accepted.

Get this: Shana currently has the highest SDO and VD/VF. This means that while having the strongest opponents, she has pulled in the most votes and highest vote differential. That's impressive, isn't it?

Shana is on top of period performances of Amethyst, Sapphire, and Emerald, while the RM faction is wreaking havoc on the other top players. That's impressive, isn't it?

But in Ruby, she is 5th in period performance.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Re: RESULTS - Ruby 4

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:31 am

SDO? But there is only one other character tied with her in number of wins. :roll:
Naturally, the fewest losses usually means the highest SDO, so I call unfair comparison! Nothing would stop her from having the highest VD at this point, but there are character who have had a tougher schedule.

Tomoyo's would be higher if she didn't lose to Yuki.(3344)

If you said she has defeated the strongest opponents, then yeah, I couldn't really argue that.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 am

Demi. wrote:SDO? But there is only one other character tied with her in number of wins. :roll:
Naturally, the fewest losses usually means the highest SDO, so I call unfair comparison! Nothing would stop her from having the highest VD at this point, but there are character who have had a tougher schedule.

Tomoyo's would be higher if she didn't lose to Yuki.(3344)

If you said she has defeated the strongest opponents, then yeah, I couldn't really argue that.
Yeah, a better comparison would be SAO. But in a straight up comparison to Haruhi, Shana's opponents are ranked about 2.5 spots higher per match, and she's winning by nearly 90 more votes than Haruhi is.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 am

I think Tomoyo is the closest resemblance to Shana at this point. She has a much tougher schedule than Haruhi and has around the same VD...Sure, she has one more loss, but losses can be a unpredictable thing. Had she won the match, her and Haruhi's VD would be just about identical. And she was the character who handed Shana her loss. Come to think of it, looking at Tomoyo's schedule, she's Shana's greatest threat to the #1 seed too...Assuming she can avoid a loss to Suisei, the other matchups are pretty much in her favor.
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:56 am

I expect the winning results from Fate's untainted & pure side.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:00 am

Demi. wrote:I think Tomoyo is the closest resemblance to Shana at this point. She has a much tougher schedule than Haruhi and has around the same VD...Sure, she has one more loss, but losses can be a unpredictable thing. Had she won the match, her and Haruhi's VD would be just about identical. And she was the character who handed Shana her loss. Come to think of it, looking at Tomoyo's schedule, she's Shana's greatest threat to the #1 seed too...Assuming she can avoid a loss to Suisei, the other matchups are pretty much in her favor.
I don't think Tomoyo's gonna do it. I think both her and Shana will lose to Suisei, and Haruhi will lose to Yuki. I still think that the Haruhi/Shana winner takes the top spot.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 am

Yup, once again, Demi. missed the point then restates my point.

It doesn't look like RM knows how to play the SDO game--at all.

But Shana is falling, rapidly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 am

YAAAY FATE! ^_^;
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:06 am

Also, watch out the Hayate no Gotoku "faction" that is present recently in ISML and Saimoe. At least I don't mind such a thing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 am

amdrag wrote:
Demi. wrote:I think Tomoyo is the closest resemblance to Shana at this point. She has a much tougher schedule than Haruhi and has around the same VD...Sure, she has one more loss, but losses can be a unpredictable thing. Had she won the match, her and Haruhi's VD would be just about identical. And she was the character who handed Shana her loss. Come to think of it, looking at Tomoyo's schedule, she's Shana's greatest threat to the #1 seed too...Assuming she can avoid a loss to Suisei, the other matchups are pretty much in her favor.
I don't think Tomoyo's gonna do it. I think both her and Shana will lose to Suisei, and Haruhi will lose to Yuki. I still think that the Haruhi/Shana winner takes the top spot.
Suigintou was unable to to defeat Shana. Suiseseki is going to have a very hard time beating Shana. With that said, Suigintou underperformed by quite a bit relative to my expectations against Shana. Perhaps they just weren't trying that day?
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:11 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Also, watch out the Hayate no Gotoku "faction" that is present recently in ISML and Saimoe. At least I don't mind such a thing.
*cough* Horo > Maria. If the same group voted for Maria as they did Hinagiku and Nagi, no doubt Maria would have won with ease.

I'm sure I'll come up with some logic you'll be highly anticipating to why Nagi and Hinagiku have been raping these past two matches...But unlike the dolls, not all three are consistently being supported.

...And I'm always missing the *point*

yay for Nanoha.
Suigintou was unable to to defeat Shana. Suiseseki is going to have a very hard time beating Shana. With that said, Suigintou underperformed by quite a bit relative to my expectations against Shana. Perhaps they just weren't trying that day?
Well, their performance is a very mysterious thing. It's possible they were not up to standards when Gin faced Shana...Although the match was still fairly close.
Last edited by Demi. on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Yup, once again, Demi. missed the point then restates my point.

I don't know about that. It looks like Suisei's the girl of choice this round.

Total SAO/Potential SDO through Ruby 4:
Suiseiseki - 72
Haruhi - 57
Shana - 51
Yuki - 45
Suigintou - 42
Shinku - 42
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:18 am

You mean you haven't noticed both Holo and Maria winning more recently? If you look at Maria's last rapes and coming too close to Shana, HnG is consistently being supported. You can't say "Maria would have won with ease" to someone who just took down Kyou the previous match.

If you look at Saimoe, it's even clearer. Of course the "Saimoe doesn't care about ISML" theory was reasonable when ISML had 400 votes total. Now, there has to be some cross-over.
amdrag wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:Yup, once again, Demi. missed the point then restates my point.

I don't know about that. It looks like Suisei's the girl of choice this round.

Total SAO/Potential SDO through Ruby 4:
Suiseiseki - 72
Haruhi - 57
Shana - 51
Yuki - 45
Suigintou - 42
Shinku - 42
If your point is that the RM faction is trying to make Suiseiseki win Ruby, then you're also missing the point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 am

Also, right now, I am still predicting that Suiseiseki lose in Ruby 6 and 9. Of course, I could be wrong. But the chance that Suiseiseki will win both matches are pretty slim, and if she loses one of them, then she's not going to win Ruby.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:34 am

What, Hanyuu beats Konata?
What a day, what a day!
I must celebrate this.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 am

KholdStare88 wrote:You mean you haven't noticed both Holo and Maria winning more recently? If you look at Maria's last rapes and coming too close to Shana, HnG is consistently being supported. You can't say "Maria would have won with ease" to someone who just took down Kyou the previous match.

If you look at Saimoe, it's even clearer. Of course the "Saimoe doesn't care about ISML" theory was reasonable when ISML had 400 votes total. Now, there has to be some cross-over.
It was a 300 vote difference. Certainly something that would not have happened if all three HnG characters were recieving equal support from this 'faction'.
Perhaps they're done with necklace wins and are just aiming for a better seeding before It's too late. Especially for Shinku who hasn't broke the top 16 barrier yet.

Considering Illya is performing better than Saber atm, I wouldn't rule it out.

I'll call it your win if Nagi and Hina manage good runs all the way through Ruby, but I'm pretty certain It's not going to happen.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 am

It doesn't matter who wins in the future because all it matters is what happened. And for the last few matches, there was some HnG support. People get tired of voting, etc... Aside from the RM faction, which was special because of the Suigintou/Shinku support, I know of no other faction who supports all characters in a series equally. All I can say is that there is consistent HnG support.

If I recall, someone who is #23 losing by 300 to #1 would be considered "something." Shana beat Fate by 478.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 am

Problem is, vote totals are not increasing when this HnG support appears, so I'm bucking It's the same faction supporting the RM characters. You can say what happens in the future doesn't matter...all you want, but it matters to me. Demographics don't change from one match to the next.

Uh, Fate losing to Shana means nothing. They simply did not support Fate. If they supported her, it would of been a total reversal. I consider this faction about as 'all powerful' as one can get in a moe contest, and considering I think they pull more than 500 votes - The fact Maria managed a closer win on Shana than Fate did...Is simply because they supported Maria to some extent, while failing to support Fate...Or perhaps they even voted against her.
Juice
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: To successfully guide students on their path.

Post by Juice » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:00 am

well, we had 200+ more vote than usual for a Period Round 4.
New Saimoe Podcast!
GTO--an inspiration to my next stage in life.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 am

Last monday had more votes than this monday. And apprently they were around for the Friday match as well, considering Hina and Nagi raped back then as well. The Friday match was average in terms of vote number.
Last edited by Demi. on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.