Page 4 of 8

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:01 am
by CureRainbow
Only good result was Hime getting the necklace... Erza you were so close ;_;

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:12 am
by Hachiko
NewsShow
ISML 2014: Kuroyukihime finally wins a necklace!
Tokisaki wins Ruby match but loses out, Shokuhou takes Medallion

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue
June 27, 2014


Umesato Junior High in Tokyo was full of excitement, joy and relief when they found out Kuroyukihime, a student from the future, won the 2014 International Saimoe League Ruby Necklace despite losing out in a closely contested Necklace Match. Kuroyukihime finished fourth in the match with 1424 votes and a calculation of 129.712.

"I came from the future to take part in this tournament, and I can finally say I won one of these," Hime said with Haruyuki Arita at her side. "Well. I knew that I needed to hang tough with the best of them and I did. So I would like to finally thank everyone for their support and hope they continue to support me the rest of this season, and seasons to come, if I qualify."

Kurumi Tokisaki won the necklace match with 1461 votes but only had a necklace score calculation of 125.198. "This was a wide-open match with no clear-cut favorite, so I am not surprised that I fell short," Tokisaki said. "I am confident that I can finally pull through in the next period but Asuna and Shana are no slouches, either."

Speaking of Asuna Yuuki, she earned 1428 votes and had a necklace score calculation of 110.546. "It was going to be an uphill battle with my record and SDO number, but at least I gave it a good try," Yuuki said. "I'll try to win a necklace next time, but it won't be easy."

Kotori Itsuka was fourth after garnering just 957 votes for a calculation of 109.265. "This is a result that I am certainly not happy with," Itsuka said. "We seem to look like an overrated series when it comes to winning these necklaces. At this rate, we could be shut out. Completely unhappy with the lack of support."

Shana had 1429 votes, but was behind the 8-ball already with the low SDO and settled for a necklace score of 106.895. "The newer faces have been stealing the spotlight, but when you've been as long as I have at this tournament, I can deal with the lack of support," Shana said. "I put up a good fight, and that's what really matters."

Mashiro Shiina was sixth, winning 1013 votes for a necklace score calculation of 97.779. "I faced long odds to win a necklace, but I know that I have two more chances to win one," Shiina said. "I'll try to win the next one up for grabs; I have a strong voter base to turn to." Eucliwood Hellscythe was last, with 757 votes and a score calculation of 83.719. Hellscythe, understandably, was unable for comment.

Misaki Shokuhou won the Ruby Medallion, winning 1521 votes. Azusa Azuki was second with 1423 votes, Yui Hirasawa was third with 1201 votes, Hitagi Senjougahara earned 1192 votes, Kirino Kousaka earned 1132 votes, Nyarathotep earned 907 votes and Sanae Dekomori earned 717 votes.

"It's nice to win this, but it's been a tough season for me," said Shokuhou at Tokiwadai Middle School in Academy City. "I don't know if I will be able to qualify for the postseason, but then again, just to participate in a tournament like this is good enough for me."

Sahoto Ashisu won the first of two other exhibitions going on, with 1805 votes. Erza Scarlet was second with 1797 votes, Nagisa Momoe was third with 1299 votes, Tsugumi Harudori had 719 votes, Hana Mutou earned 577 votes, Yukari Takeba had 499 votes and Mineva Lao Zabi held up the rear with 358 votes.

Chiammy Zell won the other exhibition with 1389 votes. Mato Kuroi was second with 1346 votes, Leticia Dracular was third with 1308 votes, Yui Yuigahama had 1213 votes, Mitsuki Nase had 1088 votes, Akatsuki had 1080 votes and Haruki Sagae held up the rear with 629 votes.

TOP 16, Nova Division
1. Kotori Itsuka
2. Kurumi Tokisaki
3. Yoshino
4. Kuroyukihime (RUB)
5. Rikka Takanashi
6. Asuna Yuuki
7. Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi
8. Eru Chitanda
9. Nanami Aoyama
10. Tohka Yatogami
11. Shinka Nibutani
12. Yaya
13. Azusa Azuki
14. Kurousagi
15. Yukino Yukinoshita
16. Touka Takanashi

TOP 16, Stella Division
1. Kanade Tachibana (AM)
2. Mikoto Misaka (AQ)
3. Ruri Gokou (C)
4. Mashiro Shiina
5. Taiga Aisaka
6. Eucliwood Hellscythe
7. Ayase Aragaki
8. Shana
9. Azusa Nakano
10. Mio Akiyama
11. Yui-nyan
12. Saber
13. Yuri Nakamura
14. Kobato Hasegawa
15. Inori Yuzuriha
16. Konjiki no Yami

Match Day 1 of the 2014 International Saimoe League Emerald Period is scheduled for July 6, 2014. Vote for your favorite candidates at InternationalSaimoe.com and join the ongoing debate. And be sure to keep tabs on the Bedlam on Baltic Avenue for continuing coverage of the world's premier anime character competition, the International Saimoe League!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 am
by Crisu
Kholdy wrote:I will keep voting for Tsumiki.

oh wait
You can vote for me any day of the week, nya~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:20 am
by kanohistorm
Crisu wrote:
Kholdy wrote:I will keep voting for Tsumiki.

oh wait
You can vote for me any day of the week, nya~
you're being out of charcter.
Tsumiki is not so direct
:<

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:23 am
by smartboyhw
Crisu wrote:
Kholdy wrote:I will keep voting for Tsumiki.

oh wait
You can vote for me any day of the week, nya~
All ballots with the word "Crisu" or "Tsumiki" are invalid.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:26 am
by maglor
Ah! love is in the air! For all those who don't give up, here is a song for you.


Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:30 am
by Desufire
Woah! That KYH poster is amazing! I don't even know KYH since I haven't seen the anime, but that is one of my favorite posters ever! I have to say, first the Kanade Amethyst poster, and now this KYH Ruby poster, this year is shaping up to have some really awesome necklace/circlet/tiara posters.

It's a shame I don't care much for Mikoto's Aqua poster.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 am
by BugH
maglor wrote:Ah! love is in the air! For all those who don't give up, here is a song for you.

ahh
the memory of my childhood when my mother used to playing this song from cassette
George Benson wrote: Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You oughta know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:07 am
by Kordosa
And so, it turns out Eucliwood was just a tool to fill the last spot in as unthreatening a manner as possible. Ayase definitely would have been a more interesting choice. -_-

And from this post:
Kordosa wrote:
houreki wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
houreki wrote:The number of voters is getting lower.
Everything back to normal, I think.
Don't worry, we'll have 6500 for round 7 and 7300 for the necklace match. Then they will all disappear again.
You know, I was simply throwing random numbers around when I posted this back after Ruby 3. But in fact, there were at least 6393 votes in the Mikoto-Mashiro match....
lol when I saw the number of votes it came to my mind that.
If we get an additional 700 or so voters for the necklace match, I should totally become maglor's slave apprentice.*

*Joking here, math involving stats makes my head hurt.
As it turns out, screw 700 votes. We got over 2000 more, for a total of 8469. But once again, the numbers will likely drop by about 4000 when Emerald starts again. I don't mind having a large number of voters in ISML, but can they at least decide to stay around during the entire tournament instead of simply being lapdog* voters for the regulars?!

* The second definition.
Kholdy wrote:Have fun following the lines on Chart 1 cuz I sure can't.
Just a suggestion, but might it be a good idea to change the line colors for the 7-way matches, because the different shapes/line bullets aren't cutting it. I'd recommend red, yellow, green, blue, orange, purple, and pink (which I just noticed happens to be the same colors used on the map).
LOveLive! wrote:What the f*** is that? How SuckShokuhou won? :evil:
Fuijiwara wrote:Misaki winning was certainly something else.
akumaxx wrote:Epic fail: Misaki gets the trinket.
houreki wrote:What really disappointed me was Misaki winning, seriously from all those 7 girls.
Translation: Overzealous Raildex fans have shit taste. (Edited for Zefyris.)
Team Rocket Elite wrote:I don't really know anything about Sahoto but even so I didn't expect her to be able to beat Erza. I guess Erza isn't that high a mark to beat.
To be fair, I'm not sure if Fairy Tail's fanbase has a lot of overlap with the general tastes of ISML voters to begin with.
Team Rocket Elite wrote:An okay showing by Nagisa. The Puella Magi aren't really that strong in ISML to begin with.
What's worse is that Nagisa's only appearance is from the third movie, and in addition her alternate form is
Character reveal; spoiler for third movieShow
Charlotte with an alternate personality.
kanohistorm wrote:Numph for tiara!
This is like the best idea ever! :bigsmile:

#EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:14 am
by smartboyhw
Kordosa wrote:#EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!
Yeah, give us back your Yuyuko avatar.

And she still has to face Kanade and Mashiro. Good luck with that.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 am
by BugH
Hachiko wrote: "It's nice to win this, but it's been a tough season for me," said Shokuhou at Tokiwadai Middle School in Academy City. "I don't know if I will be able to qualify for the postseason, but then again, just to participate in a tournament like this is good enough for me."
Kordosa wrote:
LOveLive! wrote:What the f*** is that? How SuckShokuhou won? :evil:
Fuijiwara wrote:Misaki winning was certainly something else.
akumaxx wrote:Epic fail: Misaki gets the trinket.
houreki wrote:What really disappointed me was Misaki winning, seriously from all those 7 girls.
Translation: Overzealous Raildex fans are shit.
It's not like they jealous or something
they never know the true Misaki
Kordosa wrote: #EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!
Kordosa, BugH, tehyc

CureRainbow ? counted ?
we need more supports !

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:21 am
by tehyc
Since KYH already got Ruby Necklace, so...
Kordosa wrote:#EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 am
by CureRainbow
tehyc wrote:Since KYH already got Ruby Necklace, so...
Kordosa wrote:#EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!
I'm super all for this woop woop
Azunyan~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:03 am
by kanohistorm
I vote who I want. I don't pay attention to anything else.

So I guess I'm not in, though I probably voted for azusa on most match days(?)

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:23 am
by Umi
Congrats Hime~ So happy she finally won a necklace! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:58 am
by Zefyris
So as I thought Kurumi only got that much votes last time because she was the main chalenger facing hanakana girls, not because she had that mpuch dedicated fans for herself.

Really happy to see KYH getting finally a necklace for her last chance to get one. She won't be a new Azusa now o/
The poster is nice, good job to the artist who did it.

BugH wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
LOveLive! wrote:What the f*** is that? How SuckShokuhou won? :evil:
Fuijiwara wrote:Misaki winning was certainly something else.
akumaxx wrote:Epic fail: Misaki gets the trinket.
houreki wrote:What really disappointed me was Misaki winning, seriously from all those 7 girls.
Translation: Overzealous Raildex fans are shit.
It's not like they jealous or something
they never know the true Misaki
I would have liked senjougahara for the trinket, but shoukuhou is ImO a far better result than some of the other contestant. Complaining about Misaka winning is like you're complaining about a character from a show you haven't seen winning. You don't know about the character, so how can you judge.
I know that depending on how you interpret the ISML rules she doesn't have her place here, so what. She's here, and she's liked for good reason, so how about dealing with it already after 3 months.
BTW, calling fans "shit" is going seriously overboard. Please refrain from that kind of behavior.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:02 am
by Fuijiwara
Zefyris wrote:So as I thought Kurumi only got that much votes last time because she was the main chalenger facing hanakana girls, not because she had that mpuch dedicated fans for herself.

Really happy to see KYH getting finally a necklace for her last chance to get one. She won't be a new Azusa now o/
The poster is nice, good job to the artist who did it.

BugH wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
LOveLive! wrote:What the f*** is that? How SuckShokuhou won? :evil:
Fuijiwara wrote:Misaki winning was certainly something else.
akumaxx wrote:Epic fail: Misaki gets the trinket.
houreki wrote:What really disappointed me was Misaki winning, seriously from all those 7 girls.
Translation: Overzealous Raildex fans are shit.
It's not like they jealous or something
they never know the true Misaki
I would have liked senjougahara for the trinket, but shoukuhou is ImO a far better result than some of the other contestant. Complaining about Misaka winning is like you're complaining about a character from a show you haven't seen winning. You don't know about the character, so how can you judge.
I know that depending on how you interpret the ISML rules she doesn't have her place here, so what. She's here, and she's liked for good reason, so how about dealing with it already after 3 months.
BTW, calling fans "shit" is going seriously overboard. Please refrain from that kind of behavior.

Except my words were literally what they meant. Misaki winning was a surprise, since Azuki seemed like the confirmed winner here. Moreover, I'm generally OK with Misaki though the lack of screen time is bad though

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:09 am
by Zefyris
Sorry, I just took what was previously quoted without removing something. I was talking to kordosa mainly, not to you that Kordosa simply quoted.


Adding to my previous post/

Always nice to see all the dedicated shana fans voting for her even with SDO being that low.
+The charts are seriously impressive this time around.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:30 am
by maglor
Is Kuroyukihime's path to 2014 Ruby necklace the most dramatic ever?

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Ruby 8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:00 am
by Kordosa
smartboyhw wrote:
Kordosa wrote:#EmeraldForAzu-nyan!

The Azu-nyan faction has awoken!
And she still has to face Kanade and Mashiro. Good luck with that.
Is it confirmed that she'll face them both next period? Or even worse, one in Emerald and one in Topaz? Because depending on which it is, it will be either hard or harder to gather support (gathering support to overcome two matches in one period is definitely harder than gathering support to overcome one match).
Zefyris wrote:Complaining about Misaka winning is like you're complaining about a character from a show you haven't seen winning. You don't know about the character, so how can you judge.
I know that depending on how you interpret the ISML rules she doesn't have her place here, so what. She's here, and she's liked for good reason, so how about dealing with it already after 3 months.
BTW, calling fans "shit" is going seriously overboard. Please refrain from that kind of behavior.
I "know" Shokuhou from the 3 and a half minutes she showed up in Railgun S. And I'll preempt your reply for me to read the light novels since I have no intention on doing that for anything unless I make an exception based on my own reasons. I am, for the most part, an anime-only fan, and for the time being, that won't change. And once again, the only reason Shokuhou is here is because Raildex fans (most likely a varied combination of the series' fans in general plus the series' light novel fans) voted her in; it definitely wasn't due to her 3 and a half minutes of screen time. So yes, since I don't know Shokuhou beyond that, of course I'm going to be bitter about it. If Railgun gets another anime season AND Shokuhou gets more screen time AND I end up liking her character development, sure I will reverse my opinion on her, just like I did for Ayase after watching OreImo 2. But not before.

Calling fans "shit" for liking a series is just like calling a person's tastes "shit" for the same reason. While there is definitely a perceived difference between the two (attacking a person rather than simply their tastes), the underlying reason for doing so is the same: raging at results you don't like. It's not something anyone needs to take seriously, because it is only just raging, nothing more. The people who are being attacked should be smart enough to know this and not be bothered by it and simply ignore it. But if you still prefer, I can edit my post to change it to "tastes" instead.

Edit:
maglor wrote:Is Kuroyukihime's path to 2014 Ruby necklace the most dramatic ever?
Well, it certainly feels like something has changed since last year. I'm not sure if has to do with the new scheduling algorithm, the moe math captchas, or what, but things don't feel as lopsided or as predictable as before.