The Games Forum: General Discussion

Are you bored waiting for results or that next match day? Start or play a game here! Note that your post count will not increase in this forum.
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.

Re: A New discussion

Post by Dusk252 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 am

superunature wrote:lol, we found the shana killer^ xD
And I guess I recently found myself an accomplice. (yukiTomoyo)
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

HeartClover wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
superunature wrote:how she get jabbed so many times in the first place anyways :P
Easy target? I'm not acquainted with every girl in ISML, but I think I'd be pretty accurate in saying she is the one with the least.. existence, for lack of a better word. She has very little screentime/development in AB! (hell, she has about 4 lines) so few people actively support her, most are only active AB! supporters so they'll passively support her as a side char to Kanade/Yuri.
Dr. HeartClover (PhD) says:

that`s right. shiina`s a minor character in AB! so people are probably thinking she only got in because of the AB! faction`s support. she does have some moe aspects, just not enough development. therefore people who think she shouldn`t have gotten in use hurt and heal as a way to vent their frustration.

while i don`t condone a character`s entering regular season because of other characters from their show, the real problem is sora. as many people have mentioned in other posts, she only got in because people picture voted for her and therefore does not deserve to be in this competion, competing with characters who are actually moe.
lol Shiina hardly qualifies for even a minor character... Most of the SSS, including her, are hardly more than extras. Nevertheless, I still like her :P and her Scarf of Ass-Kicking is even more of an up lol
I personally thought they rushed the series too much, especially the last few eps where they essentially bussed everyone. A grand total of about 3 characters were given some development (and even then, hardly any, and what little there was was rushed) and of the "ensemble cast" only 4 were given a backstory (Yuri, Yui, Otanashi, Iwasawa; Kanade's 'oh I got your heart, that's why I'm here' doesn't count. tbh, I thought that was a lousy reason for her to have gone there and a bit anti-climatic if it were the only reason, though it worked perfectly with their dynamic). They could have easily stretched the concept (which is a very good one) over at least another season and fleshed out the characters a lot more, including Kanade.
All that said, I do like the series and the characters. I don't love-love them, there wasn't enough dev etc. for that (for me, personally) but nevertheless I like them well enough, and a lot more than some others x3 tbh though, it was really Kanade's scenes with Otanashi that won me over to her, if it weren't for that, I'd be as apathetic to her as to Yui..

I don't think that characters enter reg season because of other characters as much as because of their show. (Generalization warning:) Typically, in any given show, people are more likely to favor one character well over another, particularly if they're rivals and/or contrast. However, I think people are more likely to favor one particular show over another, whether it be for genre, art, plot/lack thereof, etc. (end generalizations) Like, 'I like Angel Beats! more than OreImo, so I'll vote the AB! chars into reg season over the OreImo girls' rather than, with Korezon, 'oh, I'll vote Haruna in even though I don't like her because I like Yuu/Sera etc.'
I don't mind chars being voted in because their show is good, since they make up part of the show and without them, it wouldn't be the same. I'm much more irritated (albeit only mildly) at how people vote based on solely seiyuu, and automatically assume that a character is awesome because she's voiced by the same person as this other character they like, without even watching the show/knowing anything else about the char. (I've actually seen someone say this >.> it made me facepalm..) Yes, seiyuu does make up part of a character, but that doesn't mean that the character is by default epicly awesome... I mean, no one seems to give a damn that Mio Akayama shares the same seiyuu as Houki Shinonono and Seraphim, do they? >.>

Don't even get me started on Sora...
Dusk252 wrote:And I guess I recently found myself an accomplice. (yukiTomoyo)
Lol I'm all good with him/her xD Anyone who ups Shiina and Kanade is good in my books :P

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 am

no wonder Shana sinking like a ship, after i stopped healing her 2/3 days ago ( after i got her to mid 350s >< ).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm

shana is as good as dead, might as well focus on someone else~
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I guess next to go down = Shiina or Sora ( after Shana ... ) ? Frankly speaking, i dont have ANYTHING against Shiina, her screen time was a tad too little, consisting a few lines. If i remember, the only time she talked was when she with Yuri + Otonashi were going to the guild to get some ammunition or somesort. I guess, she passed the prelims due to a lot of AB! fans voting for almost every AB! chars. It is fine by me, but in the ISML proper, her lack of screen time et all is really showing.

That CANNOT be said for Kasugano "INCEST-CHAN" Sora. I admit that i was one of the people voting for her in Prelims 2 due to her avatar being very moe. After i watched the aberration known as Yasuga No Sora, i really regretted my vote. At least, Ui ( the one she defeated in the finals of prelims 2 ) managed to get in ISML proper and actually IS DOING BETTER than her.

Lets all "hurt" Kasugano Sora and eliminate her from the "heal and hurt ISML 2011" .
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Eclairs wrote:I guess next to go down = Shiina or Sora ( after Shana ... ) ? Frankly speaking, i dont have ANYTHING against Shiina, her screen time was a tad too little, consisting a few lines. If i remember, the only time she talked was when she with Yuri + Otonashi were going to the guild to get some ammunition or somesort. I guess, she passed the prelims due to a lot of AB! fans voting for almost every AB! chars. It is fine by me, but in the ISML proper, her lack of screen time et all is really showing.

That CANNOT be said for Kasugano "INCEST-CHAN" Sora. I admit that i was one of the people voting for her in Prelims 2 due to her avatar being very moe. After i watched the aberration known as Yasuga No Sora, i really regretted my vote. At least, Ui ( the one she defeated in the finals of prelims 2 ) managed to get in ISML proper and actually IS DOING BETTER than her.

Lets all "hurt" Kasugano Sora and eliminate her from the "heal and hurt ISML 2011" .
Yknow, if we work work together, it's very possible to kill Sora first lol. That's how Nymph went down X)

I like Shiina cuz she's a badass motherfuckfreaking ninja whose Achilles' Heel is (of all things) cute things. How epicly awesome it that?? Moe-wise there's very little there (due to her lack of anything in AB!) but I can appreciate her asskicking awesomeness through Hurt & Heal, can't I? XP

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by superunature » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm

surprised not many people is touching Azunyan yet :P
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:22 am

As in healing her or hurting her? :P
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:59 am

azu-nyan isn't a priority for me right now. she's pretty popular, so i don't have to worry about her. yurippe is like that too. she's popular, but no one's heaing her (i did a few times) because it's annoying to go out my way to a place in the list where nothing much happens.
most of the actions happens around the top and bottom.

AND:

okay, i know i should post this on the angel beats thread under general anime, but i'm more likely to get an answer here, so...

why did PA Works make Angel Beats! a 13 episode anime instead of 24-26? the concept had so much potential, plus it was Key, so i'm kind of confused as to why the series was so short. if it were longer, it could have been brilliant.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by superunature » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:51 am

usually first season of Anime gets 12-13 episodes.
could be because the material is enough for a solid 12-13ep season without over filling filler.
or could be that they don't want to make it long before they are sure it is profitable. Because each episode costs hundreds of thousands $, and a disappointment (like Mayoi Neko Overrun) in sales could be a big loss.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Eclairs » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:59 am

Well anime Bigwigs also do 2 / 4 cours animes from season one. Look at Bandai/Sunrise and their Gundam franchises. Most of them are FOUR cours anime even when they have season 2. Gundam 00 was a 2X 2 cours anime. I think most animes which starts season 1 with only 1 cours are from relatively "smaller" studios or big studios but the AIRING time for the anime is past 24:00 ( late night anime ).
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by superunature » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 am

what sha'll we talk about now :P
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 am

i'm procrastinating on on my final project.
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 am

We all do that :P
ImageImage
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by superunature » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 am

hurt and heal 2011 officially died, now someone come up with a less tedious game :P
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Alexander » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 am

It died hard.
ImageImage
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:13 am

^ people that weren't there to see it will probably be confused when they come back. XP

i saw on a different website, people were playing a game called "my anime vs. your anime".

basically, you have to come up with 2 animes and the next person will say which of them is better. then they have to come up with 2 animes, but one of them has to be the one they thought was better (from the options the first people gave).

ex.

person 1: k-on! vs. haruhi
person 2: haruhi vs. hayate
person 3: hayate vs. clannad
etc.

does anyone want to try that? because i have no other ideas...
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Alexander » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 am

That could work.
I'm going to make another game in a while too.
Need to write the rules though (which are not a lot).
ImageImage
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:17 am

Don't know what will happen, but I'll see how it works out
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 am

^ okay then, i'll make a new thread for that game. but someone else can to, if they want, because i decided to start my project.