Players will be divided into two teams: Red and Black. The players will not be told who their allies are.
Each team member will receive a unique class at random. Each class has a different ability, listed below.
The goal of the game is to kill all players of the opposing team. This will occur as follows: at the end of each round, all players still alive are to PM me with the name of a player they wish to vote off. These votes will be sent to the Assassins. Assassin may choose between one of the top two voted players, and that player will be killed. Note that because players do not know their teammates, the killed off player may be a team member. For this reason, Assassin may elect to take no action if he does not trust the vote.
Note that Assassin is a bonus role assigned to a player in addition to a normal class role. If Assassin is killed, the role is transferred to a different member of the team.
Each round lasts 24 hours. The rounds will be followed by an intermediate Assassin Phase, where the Assassins choose their targets. Abilities may only be used during the main rounds (they may not be used in the Assassin Phase). Abilities take effect in the next round. Unless otherwise stated, abilities may be used each round.
The classes and their respective ability are as follows:
- Saber - This player starts with two lives. As long as Saber has two lives and has not yet been identified by Ruler or Caster, Saber may choose to reveal his/her identity to everyone and sacrifice one life to reveal the identity of a random enemy. The enemy's identity will be sent to Saber via PM.
- Archer - This player may cast two votes. Additionally, Archer may PM me the name of a player. The declared player has his/her ability sealed for the current round.
- Lancer - This player has the option to PM me with the following message: "I think I will be killed." If this prediction is correct, his assailant is killed instead. If this prediction is wrong, Lancer loses this ability for the next three rounds of the game.
- Rider - If this player has a plurality of the vote, his vote count will be reduced by 50% (rounded up). These votes are redistributed to the second and third place players. Additionally, if Rider accumulates 6 vote reductions, the identity of the player with the most votes will be revealed to Rider.
- Caster - This player may PM me with the name of a class. If Caster is killed, all players of that class are revealed. This includes your teammate, if applicable. The Assassin role may be declared. Caster may change the class selection as many times as he/she wishes. The latest selection will be used.
- Berserker - If Berserker is killed, the opposing Assassin is also killed. This occurs regardless of who kills Berserker. Additionally, Berserker may choose to willingly reveal his/her identity. In this case, the field becomes "frozen with fear": all votes in the current round are discarded, and Assassin will get a free choice of who to kill.
- Ruler - This player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. That player's identity is then revealed to everyone.
- Shielder - This player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. If that player was targeted by Assassin, that player will not die. This occurs even if that player was targeted by Shielder's own Assassin. Shielder may not defend him/herself more than twice in a row. This limit does not apply to defending other players.
- Saver - Once per game, this player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. The declared player is then revived. Saver may not revive him/herself.
- Avenger - At the start of the game, this player will PM me with the name of a player. Avenger may then PM me with the name of one other player. If the first player dies, the second player will also die. Avenger may change his second selection as many times as he wishes, but the first selection is permanent.
- Faker - At the start of the game, Faker will be assigned a role from one of the opposing team's unused classes. Faker does not possess the ability of that class. If Ruler declares Faker's name, Faker will be revealed as the dummy role as well as a member of the opposing team. For example, Faker of Red with the Saver role will be revealed as Saver of Black. Additionally, if Caster declares "Saver," Faker will be identified.
- Watcher - This player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. The player's identity will be revealed to Watcher via PM. Watcher can bypass Faker's ability. For fear of imbalance, both teams are guaranteed a Watcher (Or, neither will possess a Watcher).
A few notes on abilities:
- If Archer targets Saber, Saber's life is reduced to 1 until the end of the following round.
- Archer cannot seal Assassin's ability to kill someone.
- Regarding Saver's ability: Saber is revived with 2 life and is considered "unidentified." Once-per-game abilities are reset to zero. Faker is revived as his dummy class. Lancer may use his ability immediately if it would otherwise have been on cooldown.
- If Berserker is killed by an opposing Saber with the Assassin role, the opposing Saber loses both lives. In any other case, the opposing Saber loses 1 life.
- If Archer's ability is sealed and Archer had already cast his two votes, the vote will go to the first person Archer named.