3rd Holy Grail War [Round 3 Assassination]

Are you bored waiting for results or that next match day? Start or play a game here! Note that your post count will not increase in this forum.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

3rd Holy Grail War [Round 3 Assassination]

Post by Reverend » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Rules:
Players will be divided into two teams: Red and Black. Under normal circumstances, the players will not be told who their allies are.

Each team member will receive a unique class at random. Each class has a different ability, listed below.

The goal of the game is to kill all players of the opposing team. This will occur as follows: at each voting round, all players still alive are to PM GM with the name of a player they wish to vote off. GM will PM the two Assassins of the top three of the result of the voting and the amount of votes they get, but both Assassin(s) may only choose to kill one of the top two person Note that because players do not know their teammates, the killed off player may be a team member. For this reason, Assassin may elect to take no action if he/she does not trust the vote.

Note that Assassin is a bonus role assigned to a player in addition to a normal class role. Each round, Assassins for both teams will be randomized. GM will PM the elect Assassin of the round for both teams at the beginning of the round.

Each voting round normally lasts 24 hours, counted from GM's notification post regarding the start of the round. In a voting round, players may elect who they hope to kill & use their abilities if available, which will take effect in the following round, unless stated otherwise. In case of tardiness, the GM may elect to include or not include the late vote/change of vote. The GM will notify should he/she decides to end a voting round & discard a vote/change of vote due to tardiness.

The rounds will be followed by an intermediate Assassin Phase, where the Assassins choose their targets. GM will also reconfirm each Assassins' choice before closing the phase. In case of slow PM/no PM, GM has the right to assume that the person in question is abstain. (But please do reply if you choose not to kill. Don't drag out the game.)

The classes and their respective ability are as follows:
  • Saber - This player starts with two lives (this is not an ability, so it cannot be sealed.) Once per game, and only as long as his/her true name isn’t officially declared via Ruler or Caster ability, Saber may choose to sacrifice one life and reveal his/her identity to public officially to reveal another player of Saber's choice's identity. The enemy's identity will be sent to Saber via PM. Additionally, if an Assassin successfully kills a Saber, his/her true name and allegiance will be announced officially. (The announcement be like: "Reverend is the Assassin of Black" for example. The main role will not be revealed.)
  • Archer - This player may cast two votes. Additionally, Archer may PM me the name of a player. The declared player has his/her ability sealed for the current round. Archer Seal has 1 round cooldown. (You cannot seal again for one round after you use Seal, if anyone doesn't get what cooldown is.) Archer may not seal the same person consecutively. Additionally, if elected Assassin, an Archer may ask GM about one of the top two's allegiance. Each team are guaranteed an Archer.
  • Lancer - This player has the option to PM me with the following message: "I think I will be killed." If this prediction is correct, his assailant is killed instead. If this prediction is wrong, Lancer loses this ability for the next 2 rounds of the game. Lancer's ability will not be announced when used.
  • Rider - If this player has a plurality of the vote, his vote count will be reduced by 50% (rounded up). These votes are redistributed to the second and third place players, In case of odd number, the third player will get the extra 1 vote. Additionally, Rider will dodge the very first ability casted upon him/her during the whole course of the game, in accordance of the ability priority list below. Assassination excluded.
  • Caster - Caster gets to know what roles are in play before the start of the game. Caster may PM GM with the name of a class at any time as long as he/she’s alive. If Caster is killed, all players of that class are revealed. This includes your teammate, if applicable. The Assassin role may be declared. Caster may change the class selection as many times as he/she wishes. The latest selection will be used.
  • Berserker - If Berserker is killed, the killer is also killed. This occurs regardless of who kills Berserker. Additionally, Berserker may choose to willingly reveal his/her identity to public. In this case, the field becomes "frozen with fear": all votes in the current round are discarded, and Assassin will get a free choice of who to kill.
  • Ruler - 1. This player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. That player's allegiance is then revealed to everyone. 2 rounds cooldown.
    2. Once per game, as long as Ruler's true name is not known to public, Ruler may choose to reveal herself and sacrifice her ability #1, in return of protecting herself & all allies from all kinds of ability the other team casts on them (excluding Assassination) and ensuring success in all abilities her teammates uses (bypassing Rider's Dodge) for that round.
    This ability can only be used when ability #1 is not on cooldown.
  • Shielder - Shield: This player may or may not PM GM with the name of a player.
    1. If that player was targeted by Assassins of any team, that player will not die.
    2. Shielder is invulnerable the next round if he/she successfully protect a player & can protect another person.
    3. But if the person Shielder chose to protect is not attacked that round, then Shielder will not be able to generate enough adrenaline to lift that heavy shield of hers, so Shielder will have to rest and are not be able to protect someone the next round. (but Shielder can still vote or kill if elected Assassin, ofc.)
    4. Fortunately, due to the power of science, humanity has created hormone shots. These hormone shot will provide Shielder with the necessary energy in a short time, bypassing her cooldown penalty. But unfortunately these shots are very expensive, especially for someone who barely lives out of the money she earns working at Lawson. So Shielder can only afford one.
    5. Shielder cannot protect herself, and cannot protect the same person consecutively.
  • Saver - Once per game, this player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. The declared player is then revived.
    1. Once Saver used successfully used his/her ability, his/her true identity will be declared to public.
    2. The player revived has his/her ability cooldown refreshed, though once per game ability can still only be used once (means if you used it before, you can't used it again.)
    3. Saver may not revive him/herself.
    4. Due to the complex preparation of the ritual, and of the toll it takes to actually bring someone back from the death, Saver cannot vote for 4 rounds whenever he/she uses its ability, starting from the very round Revive is used.

For the sake of fairness, Saver will only appear on 5 v 5 or more, and both teams are guaranteed a Saver/no Saver at all.
  • Avenger - At the start of the game, this player will PM me with the name of a player. Avenger may then PM me with the name of one other player.
    1. If the first player dies, Avenger will attack (and kill, if successful) the second player on the round after the first person was killed/whenever Avenger's ability becomes available.
    2. Avenger may change his second selection as many times as he/she wishes as long as the first player is still alive, but the first selection is permanent.
    3. Avenger may not choose him/herself, both as first person and second person.

For the sake of fairness, Avenger will only appear on a 5v5 game, and both teams are guaranteed an Avenger/no Avenger at all.
  • Faker - At the start of the game, Faker will be assigned a role from one of the opposing team's unused classes. Faker does not possess the ability of that class. If someone attempts to reveal Faker's identity, Faker will be revealed as the dummy role as well as a member of the opposing team. For example, Faker of Red with the Saver role will be revealed as Saver of Black. Exception of Caster's Reveal. (see note)
  • Watcher - This player has the option to PM me with the name of a player. The player's identity will be revealed to Watcher via PM. Watcher can bypass Faker's ability. For fear of imbalance, both teams are guaranteed a Watcher (Or, neither will possess a Watcher). For now this is scratched.
  • Assassin - A bonus role for each team, in which every round, GM will randomize who will get the role. Each team is guaranteed an Assassin. The ability to Assassinate cannot be sealed, stunned, whatever.
  • Game Master - Game Master is an entity in the game responsible for collecting the votes, sending the voting result to Assassin of each team each round, and notifying players of information he/she gains due to the usage of an ability. GM has the right to make every call, solve every dispute, and declare result of each round/win/lose. GM is obliged to not take side, and cannot vote.
Ability order of execution (First > Last): Ruler 2nd Ability - Rider Dodge (if still available) > Archer > Avenger > Shielder & Lancer > Ruler > Saber > Berserker freeze > [Voting] > Rider passive > [Result sent to Assassin & Assassination] > Berserker passive > Saver > Caster > GM announcement

A few notes:
  • If a person is ruled out of the round/game due to death, his/her identity will be revealed officially.
  • Allegiance = your team only. Role = what you are, but not your team. True name = your true name in this forum. Identity = everything.
  • Sealed = you haven't use your ability. Failed = you used it, it fails. You get the penalty of cooldown/lose the ability completely if it's once per game, but you are exempt from all other penalties. (means if a Saber fails to use its ability on Rider, it won't lose one of its health.)
  • In case of a tie in voting result, the one who gets voted earlier will be ranked higher. (In case of Rider's ability causing Rider to tie for second and third, then Rider is treated as the earliest.)
  • Saber's two health doesn't spare him/her from Lancer & Berserker's ability. But it spares Saber from Avenger.
  • Rider's Dodge is so OP it includes everything: Archer's Seal, Berserker Passive Curse, Final Dead Lancer, Avenger's Vendetta, Saber's, Ruler's, and Caster's Reveal, Shielder's Shield, and even Saver's Revive. Also you can't turn it off. GM will announce it to public when Rider's Dodge is used, role and allegiance only. So yeah, pay attention lol.
  • Caster will not be notified of a Faker's existence. But if Caster happens to reveal the class which Faker is hiding as, Faker's true identity will be revealed, as Faker.
  • Also, yeah, Faker dies as Faker. Note #1.
  • If a Ruler uses her 2nd ability on the same time as an opponent's Berserker's Freeze, then the her team's vote survives (basically making Berserker's Freeze backfires.) But if it's a friend Berserker who uses them, then the ability succeeds.
  • Same can be said for all other classes: so if your friend Assassin accidentally kills your friend Saber, then the Assassin will still have to reveal his/her identity, but if it's an opponent's Saber, then the Assassin is spared.
  • But I'd like to make an exception here (I don't know how to write it on the ability priority list without making some stupid coding shit): if Archer happens to seal Ruler when she uses her 2nd ability, then the ability is delayed. But only if Archer happens to seal Ruler. If Archer seals her friend, instead... well, then the Seal will fail.
  • So, I fcked up. I originally wanted Archer's 2 votes to be un-seal-able, but since I forgot to write it down here, I'm going to follow the first game rule and say it can be sealed. (well, not that it would have changed things.)

I made important changes regarding Assassin role. See red-colored text.
Also, if you think Lancer was troll, see the new Rider.

Btw, gomen Momo, I cannot find a way to put your suggestion without making sure the game doesn't get out of balance due to somebody being unlucky.

Just a final check before I officially start this game in the next 36 hours or so. I will PM you guys when it starts. Also, I will lengthen Round 1 to make due for my mistake for keeping this delayed for too long.
Registered participant, so far:

- shadowhunter
- Momo
- Chibasa
- Corni
- Toady
- Homura
- houreki
- ezethan97
- RailWarrior are you going to play?
- Should we get WankoMC back bcs that way we can get 5 v 5?
- anyone else?

To the names mentioned, I will appreciate it if you can reply here before I PM you guys tomorrow. I'm dead rn.
Last edited by Reverend on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 63

Re: 3rd Holy Grail War [Gauge]

Post by shadowhunter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:15 pm

I`m dumb a bit, but is there any reason for Ruler to use his 2nd ability?
ezethan97
Season faery
Season faery
Worships: Megumin
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin

Post by ezethan97 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Its ezethan97 not 87. But yes I'll play.
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
2017 Female Favorite: Kasumigaoka Utaha
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: Creating the best card game

Post by Chibasa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:51 pm

ezethan97 wrote:Its ezethan97 not 87. But yes I'll play.
What a Baka Revvie. Corrected.
Also, I'll play :3
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 am

shadowhunter wrote:I`m dumb a bit, but is there any reason for Ruler to use his 2nd ability?
3 rounds of cooldown is a long long time, dude.
if you reveal an enemy first, they would be able to connect to each other with much more security bcs GM has confirmed their identity.
while you'll still be put under confusion of who's who.

I can put back the "one last reveal" cooldown refresh, if you think it's still too weak.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:47 am

Reverend wrote:
shadowhunter wrote:I`m dumb a bit, but is there any reason for Ruler to use his 2nd ability?
if you reveal an enemy first, they would be able to connect to each other with much more security bcs GM has confirmed their identity.

I can put back the "one last reveal" cooldown refresh, if you think it's still too weak.
As it's wrote it seems like you just reveal yourself and destroy your power at same time, instead of refreshing cd.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 63

Post by shadowhunter » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:34 am

Chibasa wrote:
Reverend wrote:

As it's wrote it seems like you just reveal yourself and destroy your power at same time, instead of refreshing cd.
Yeah, that's what I thought: you reveal yourself for?
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:25 am

shadowhunter wrote:
Chibasa wrote:
Reverend wrote:

imo, the power to officially reveal yourself as a friend is very OP.
but since people don't like it, I think I'll rework ruler.

But I will have to delay the start (again :( )
We do also still need to find one more player to make it even.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 am

^ maybe if you were only revealing yourself to your allies. But if your enemies know who you are then u ded man

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:18 am

Reverend wrote:
shadowhunter wrote:
Chibasa wrote:
Reverend wrote:

If we don't find another player, you could use a neutral Ruler! Its goal could be to still be alive at the end of the War, no matter who wins.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 am

Toady wrote:
Reverend wrote:
shadowhunter wrote:
Chibasa wrote:
Reverend wrote:

If we don't find another player, you could use a neutral Ruler! Its goal could be to still be alive at the end of the War, no matter who wins.
If we don't find another player, you could use a third team! Without being assassin, a "blue" guy needs to survive with just one power: If there is only one other player left, he'll kill him and win game. (He could knows everyone allegiance at start of the game but not role to help him plotting).

"Now, you're blue !" - WoodyMC
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Ruler done. Making teams & roles. Please find someone before tomorrow so that I don't have to put a dummy manual AI.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Well, let us commence the Third Holy Grail War.

active players:
- shadowhunter
- Momo
- Chibasa
- Corni
- Toady
- Homura
- houreki
- ezethan97

I'll lengthen round 1 a bit, btw.
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

So there is no new thread? Ok!
I wonder how long this game will take.

Anyone wants to use a useful ability in Round 1? :3
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Toady wrote:So there is no new thread? Ok!

ah gomen I forgot that was the custom. My bad.
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki

Post by houreki » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Reverend wrote:

ah gomen I forgot that was the custom. My bad.
I prefer it this way, so i dont have to switch threads to remember what each ability does ^^;
SpoilerShow
ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:54 pm

Rider confirmed !
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Re: 3rd Holy Grail War [Voting Round 1]

Post by Reverend » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 am

btw, just in case there are people who didn't get it, voting round has opened.
ezethan97
Season faery
Season faery
Worships: Megumin
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin

Post by ezethan97 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 am

I forgot to ask before the game began but are there any communication restrictions?
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am

ezethan97 wrote:I forgot to ask before the game began but are there any communication restrictions?
I don't think so. Feel free to plot with everynyan.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best