Players will be divided into two teams: Red and Black. Under normal circumstances, the players will not be told who their allies are.
Each team member will receive a class at random. Each class has a different ability, listed below. Classes can appeared many times in the game.
The goal of the game is to kill all players of the opposing team. This will occur as follows: at each voting round, all players still alive are to PM GM with the name of a player they wish to vote off. GM will PM the two Assassins of the top ?* of the result of the voting and the amount of votes they get, but both Assassin(s) may only choose to kill one of the top two person. Note that because players do not know their teammates, the killed off player may be a team member. For this reason, Assassin may elect to take no action if he/she does not trust the vote.
*: Votes shown will be equal to: Alive players/2 (rounded down)
Note that Assassin is a bonus role assigned to a player in addition to a normal class role.
Each voting round normally lasts 24 hours, counted from GM's notification post regarding the start of the round. In a voting round, players may elect who they hope to kill & use their abilities if available, which will take effect in the following round, unless stated otherwise. In case of tardiness, the GM may elect to include or not include the late vote/change of vote. The GM will notify should he/she decides to end a voting round & discard a vote/change of vote due to tardiness.
The rounds will be followed by an intermediate Assassin Phase, where the Assassins choose their targets. GM will also reconfirm each Assassins' choice before closing the phase. In case of slow PM/no PM, GM has the right to assume that the person in question is abstain. (But please do reply if you choose not to kill. Don't drag out the game.)
The classes and their respective ability are as follows:
- Saber - Passive: This player starts with two lives.
Active: As long as Saber has two lives and has not yet been identified by Ruler or Caster, Saber may choose to reveal his/her identity to everyone and sacrifice one life to reveal the identity of a random enemy. The enemy's identity will be sent to Saber via PM.
- Archer - Passive: This player may cast two votes.
Active: Each round, Archer may PM me the name of a player. The declared player has his/her active ability sealed for the current round. Announced.
- Lancer - Passive: If Lancer successfully used his ability, he automatically bury corpse and learn his wanna-be-assassin full identity.
Active: This player has the option to PM me with the following message: "I think I will be killed." If this prediction is correct, his assailant is killed instead. 2 rounds cooldown (1 if successful). Lancer's ability will not be announced when used.
- Rider - Passive: If this player has a plurality of the vote, his vote count will be reduced by 50% (rounded up). These votes are redistributed to the second and third place players, In case of odd number, the third player will get the extra 1 vote.
Active: Rider will dodge the very first ability casted upon him/her during the whole course of the game. Berserker active & Assassination excluded. Announced.
- Caster - Passive: Caster gets to know what roles are in play before the start of the game.
Active: Caster (full) reveal himself to reveal to everyone. In exchange he'll reveal who were assassins (player+team, not role) last round. (Can't be cast round 1)
- Berserker - Passive: If Berserker is killed, the killer is also killed. This occurs regardless of who kills Berserker. (Count as once/game).
Active: Berserker may choose to willingly reveal his/her identity to public. In this case, the field becomes "frozen with fear": all votes in the current round are discarded, and Assassin will get a free choice of who to kill.
- Ruler - Passive: Each round, Ruler learn role (not team) from top voted player.
Active: This player has the option to PM GM with the name of a player. That player's allegiance is then revealed to everyone. 2 rounds cooldown.
- Shielder - Passive: If Shielder successfully saved someone, he learn his role (not team).
Active: Once a round, Shielder can choose a player. If that player was targeted by Assassin, that player will not die. This occurs even if that player was targeted by Shielder's own Assassin. Shielder may not defend him/herself. Shielder can use his ability only once/player. Announced if successful.
Extra comment: (Shielded player learn he was shielded even if it's missed)
- Avenger - Passive: At start of the game, Avenger can choose a player, if this player is killed, Avenger will automatically kill a second player. Avenger can choose his second player at start of the game too, however... (Kill Announced)
Active: Each round, Avenger can change his second player selection. Not announced
Extra comment: (First player learn he'll be avenged if he die)
- Saver - Passive: When Saver successfully revive someone, his identity is revealed. Also, player revived have his memories back and learn his assassin full identity. Cooldown is refreshed, but once/game ability already used aren't refund.
Active: Once in a game, Saver may revive a player of his/her choice. Reviving is complicated spell and need a full day to be casted. The revive will be announced during night recap when cast start and may be interrupted by Saver death, or if she's sealed.
- Faker - Passive: This player have a fake identity from opposing team unused classes. This player identity will ALWAYS be revealed as his dummy role, even after death. Guaranteed at least one/game.
Active: Once a game, Faker can display a fake information in night recap. Announced.SpoilerShowComment: Player are self-aware about being dead or alive, no matter which fake info is given.
- Watcher - Passive: Can see vote results (not all, like assassins).
Active: Once a game, Watcher can see if top 2 in vote results are "Safe to kill" or not. (Not safe means player is protected by a shield, a lancer ability is activated, this player will be avenge or this player is Berserker or many of those possibilities at same time.) Announced.
Extra Comment: Watcher needs to activate his ability before seeing vote results however.
- Assassin (Bonus class) - EACH round, GM will randomize who will get the role. Each team is guaranteed an Assassin.
Passive: Can kill someone from top 2 votes.
Active: Can dig a hole and bury corpse. This way, he's only one to know his victim role/team, other players still know name of the victim. Announced.
- Saber is vulnerable to Lancer active & Berserker passive and die even if she had 2 lives.
- Faker identity is only reveal when game is finished. You can't be sure about someone's allegiance just because he's dead.
- Digging a hole is also sealed by Archer, since it's an active.
- Archer can interrupt Saver.
- Vote tie is break by first one having a vote.
- This game don't include mercy !