bitter, depressed, weak, frustrated, but why?

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Re: bitter, depressed, weak, frustrated, but why?

Post by smartboyhw » Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

When do you find results shittier than an ISML matchday? It's when your school loses in both Chinese and English debate finals. Absolutely shit results. :'(
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri May 15, 2015 3:35 pm

heh smartie participated in participated in debate competition? that's kinda awesome, actually

winning is not everything, smartie
take your time, there will be another, more crucial time to win
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Reverend wrote:heh smartie participated in participated in debate competition? that's kinda awesome, actually

winning is not everything, smartie
take your time, there will be another, more crucial time to win
No it wasn't me. I WAS a debater, but quit a few years ago.

Still, it was the first final for both teams, so it's quite disappointing. And the debaters wouldn't be able to participate next year at all so it's a sorrowful thing.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Post by Kiwigiwi » Fri May 15, 2015 4:10 pm

I have a test every day from next week.. And I don't understand half of the subjects that are being tested.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 am

smartboyhw wrote:When do you find results shittier than an ISML matchday? It's when your school loses in both Chinese and English debate finals. Absolutely shit results. :'(
Singtao?
Kurogarasu wrote:I have a test every day from next week.. And I don't understand half of the subjects that are being tested.
Ganbatte 0 0
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon May 18, 2015 9:14 am

I was listening to Last Regrets (Kanon's OP) randomly, a song that isn't even in my library because I never cared much for it nor the anime. It reminded me very much of Ahasuerus, a good friend of mine who was part of the ISML community since 2008, that had Kanon as his favorite anime. He died about a year ago due to cancer. I don't know why, but I guess it never really hit me how much I miss him until now, and everything came at once. Although I never met him personally, we shared many fond memories. And thus my last regrets came to pass, which was my inability to grieve for a close friend. I can now look back to the past and smile, because I'm no longer afraid of happiness.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 am

Kholdy wrote:I was listening to Last Regrets (Kanon's OP) randomly, a song that isn't even in my library because I never cared much for it nor the anime. It reminded me very much of Ahasuerus, a good friend of mine who was part of the ISML community since 2008, that had Kanon as his favorite anime. He died about a year ago due to cancer. I don't know why, but I guess it never really hit me how much I miss him until now, and everything came at once. Although I never met him personally, we shared many fond memories. And thus my last regrets came to pass, which was my inability to grieve for a close friend. I can now look back to the past and smile, because I'm no longer afraid of happiness.
(Don't really know what to say...) *pats Kholdy*
SpoilerShow
DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 am

I've been OBSESSED with Christina Aguilera for the past 3 years
Just found out she visited Disneyland on Sunday with her family and on Monday for an interview
I WENT TODAY (aka Tuesday). I MISSED HER BY A DAY. I JUST. CANT EVEN. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
thank you santa
Curisu
Mystes
Mystes
Wish: >.<

Post by Curisu » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm

我觉得不留下遗憾是最重要的. 加油
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Homura wrote:
我觉得不留下遗憾是最重要的. 加油
Add oil, we'll be waiting for you! ^3^
SpoilerShow
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Just wrote:
Homura wrote:
我觉得不留下遗憾是最重要的. 加油
Add oil, we'll be waiting for you! ^3^

Add oil as well, O level is something similar anyway
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Athalon
School nurse
School nurse
Worships: No one
Wish: More CPU-Z and GPU-Z data
*Staring @ Hot Kurumi's 0.1cm thin strap*
*Criticizing Maki's non-existent cleavage with a red pointed stick*

Post by Athalon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:01 am

從遠方的我,說一句“加油”!
實行「命運計畫」締造世界的「傳說」。
Initiate the "Destiny Plan", to create the world's new "legend"

SpoilerShow
Thanks to Nirvaxstiel and Injection (MAL) for this pro sig.
WoodyMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Magolor Day
Melon Pan: 376
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
Wish: Gem Apple to Dominate the Universe

Post by WoodyMC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Last night, somewhere around 1.00 am, not until i decided to go to sleep did i realize my phone was out of battery. Well, i could have charge it normally ... yeah, if the charger wasn't broken at that time. Guess what, i have a final test at school at 6.00 am. I've never been a morning person, and yet i have nothing that could use at alarm clock beside my phone . I live alone in a small flat, so i can't have anybody to wake me up either. Couldn't think of any better way, i stayed awake until 6.00 am .
The test was kinda easy, yet i made many mistakes. I swear it was due to my half-asleep state ;_;
Welp , i'm doomed ...
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

hmm I thought you are a college student, Woody
don't worry, it's a good drill for your college life, later :cooltongue:

ps.: I'm serious, final test is not everything, later you will find it's nothing. You may miss today, as long as you do the rest of your life right, it meant nothing in the end.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 pm

That sounds like a grandpa <3 I'm wondering what school will hold an exam at 6 am. As long as you still have mood posting your experience here, I guess it's not that bad.
WoodyMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Magolor Day
Melon Pan: 376
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
Wish: Gem Apple to Dominate the Universe

Post by WoodyMC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Homura wrote:That sounds like a grandpa <3 I'm wondering what school will hold an exam at 6 am. As long as you still have mood posting your experience here, I guess it's not that bad.
Don't ask me. I have the same question when i first look at the schedules too ^^;
Reverend wrote:hmm I thought you are a college student, Woody
don't worry, it's a good drill for your college life, later :cooltongue:

ps.: I'm serious, final test is not everything, later you will find it's nothing. You may miss today, as long as you do the rest of your life right, it meant nothing in the end.
Well , i guess .. you're right ?? I might take it a little too serious .

Anyway, thank you both , i do feel better now :smile:
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Post by Kiwigiwi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:52 pm

The static speaks my name.

That's it. I watched markiplier play it and it triggered stuff

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:55 am

I'm not as stressed out as before, but I need answers.

So, the short story is that I want to celebrate my friend's birthday before she leaves for the summer, but according to my mom that means I have to cancel a tournament I want to participate in, and basically she's guilt-tripping me as well as putting me in a stalemate. If you need more of an explanation(may be tldr), it's in the spoiler below.
SpoilerShow
My friend's (who graduated high school recently!) birthday is the same day she's leaving for China the entire summer, so originally we (and our group of friends) planned on going to my house for a sleepover party this Wednesday or Thursday. However, on Friday an archery tournament begins, so that does cause a minor conflict. However, my mom recently got pretty sick (I'm concerned that it's the MERS virus, especially since we left from Korea and she's coughing...), so that means no sleepover party at my house. That is fine with all of us, since we can use another friend's house for the sleepover instead and mom said that August should be fine to do so(even if it means that my birthday friend won't be there...).

But, here's the problem. I'll admit that I'm lazy, so I'm partially to blame here. However, my mom starting throwing shit at me by saying how I didn't put any effort in practicing archery for the entire year (I was fucking busy during my college year, do you not understand that, mom?) and that if I want to join them in the birthday party I should cancel my registration in the archery tournament. However, she then 'manipulates' me into thinking that whatever choice I'll make is wrong.

What do I mean by that? It's exactly what it means. One moment she says that if I cancel my registration then that means $150 goes down the toilet and goes to mention that I already canceled a different tournament because of an event here on Independence Day and that she shouldn't have let me come see my high school friends graduate. However, another moment she goes to say that not canceling my registration would mean that I could humiliate myself and her because I haven't practiced much and even mentions that she can't even see me competing with that "attitude" of mine. Canceling the tournament or not, I'm basically in deep shit because my mom's making me feel guilty as hell.

As for my friends? They agree with me that my mom's going insane and whatever and respect any decision I make (they really are amazing friends~) regarding the tournament, even though they think it's best to cancel if I'll stay stressed and can't find a compromise, but that doesn't help me decide whether I should cancel the tournament and party with my friends or just compete in it and see my archery crew again. Also, I tried making it up to my mom, but she said that it's too late and that I either have to cancel or not cancel in order for her to know my decision.
So, what do I do? Cancel or not cancel? I want to hang out with my friends, but I want to get back my archery strength. Yet, both choices have more cons than pros. Currently I'm leaning towards canceling, but I plan on practicing archery often this week to see if I'm at a good position to compete.
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 am

CureRainbow wrote:I'm not as stressed out as before, but I need answers.

So, the short story is that I want to celebrate my friend's birthday before she leaves for the summer, but according to my mom that means I have to cancel a tournament I want to participate in, and basically she's guilt-tripping me as well as putting me in a stalemate. If you need more of an explanation(may be tldr), it's in the spoiler below.
SpoilerShow
My friend's (who graduated high school recently!) birthday is the same day she's leaving for China the entire summer, so originally we (and our group of friends) planned on going to my house for a sleepover party this Wednesday or Thursday. However, on Friday an archery tournament begins, so that does cause a minor conflict. However, my mom recently got pretty sick (I'm concerned that it's the MERS virus, especially since we left from Korea and she's coughing...), so that means no sleepover party at my house. That is fine with all of us, since we can use another friend's house for the sleepover instead and mom said that August should be fine to do so(even if it means that my birthday friend won't be there...).

But, here's the problem. I'll admit that I'm lazy, so I'm partially to blame here. However, my mom starting throwing shit at me by saying how I didn't put any effort in practicing archery for the entire year (I was fucking busy during my college year, do you not understand that, mom?) and that if I want to join them in the birthday party I should cancel my registration in the archery tournament. However, she then 'manipulates' me into thinking that whatever choice I'll make is wrong.

What do I mean by that? It's exactly what it means. One moment she says that if I cancel my registration then that means $150 goes down the toilet and goes to mention that I already canceled a different tournament because of an event here on Independence Day and that she shouldn't have let me come see my high school friends graduate. However, another moment she goes to say that not canceling my registration would mean that I could humiliate myself and her because I haven't practiced much and even mentions that she can't even see me competing with that "attitude" of mine. Canceling the tournament or not, I'm basically in deep shit because my mom's making me feel guilty as hell.

As for my friends? They agree with me that my mom's going insane and whatever and respect any decision I make (they really are amazing friends~) regarding the tournament, even though they think it's best to cancel if I'll stay stressed and can't find a compromise, but that doesn't help me decide whether I should cancel the tournament and party with my friends or just compete in it and see my archery crew again. Also, I tried making it up to my mom, but she said that it's too late and that I either have to cancel or not cancel in order for her to know my decision.
So, what do I do? Cancel or not cancel? I want to hang out with my friends, but I want to get back my archery strength. Yet, both choices have more cons than pros. Currently I'm leaning towards canceling, but I plan on practicing archery often this week to see if I'm at a good position to compete.
I don't get the conflict part, so is partying with your friends and participating in the archery competition conflicting each other? Because I seem to get the impression that these two activities do not really clash in time. If they don't, why is your Mom trying to make you pull out of it?
If they don't clashShow
As for canceling or not, I don't know what archery means to you; but it sounds like you have been doing this for quite some time and joined several competitions before, which means you have spent time really learning and practising the hell out of it. To me, that qualifies to be something important (at least it is not unimportant), and when there is a tournament you did say you want to enter, and have even paid for it, I wouldn't want to give up the chance that easily if I were you. Even if I had not practised for a long time, even though my performance might turn out to be humiliating, I would not want to just walk away from it. That's like, totally uncool.

You know, back in secondary school and high school, there was something I was really dedicated to, and really did quite well and earned a number of prizes. But in my final year in high school when I had to decide my path in college, it came the time that I had to give up on it. I stopped practising for the whole year, but because it was my final year and final chance, I still participated in the tournament. It was a helluva defeat, in every past year I ranked in top 5, but that year I wasn't even ranked. Humiliating, especially since my name did get recognized quite a bit in that field. However, looking back, I had no regrets. It was one last memory of something I had spent so much time and effort in, and that final huge defeat marked the end of my little career with a memorable punctuation.

Damn I'm running on too much about myself, and it's not as if you're about to give up on archery. I'm just trying to say, even if it's not for winning, some competitions are worth participating, especially if that activity means something to you.
If they do clash, then it's really about weighing which one means more to you, friends or archery. If it's just normal socializing with people I'm not really close with I'd prefer doing my own stuff, but there are close friends that I'm willing to spend time with even if that means sacrificing my own schedule. Yet, there are also certain activities that I will never compromise even if it's for my Mom's birthday. It's really a matter of importance and prioritization... How much do those friends mean to you? How much does archery mean to you?
SpoilerShow
From what I read between your lines, I believe you think friends are more important, so I'd support you cancel.
SpoilerShow