bitter, depressed, weak, frustrated, but why?

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu
Melon Pan: 50

Re: bitter, depressed, weak, frustrated, but why?

Post by Hakurouken » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:18 am

Metaler wrote:^ I had mine removed when I was younger x___x

So, today I just couldn't stand it anymore... I ended up exploding at my mom, with the force of an atomic bomb.
We ended up gettin into a big fight... I have never felt such rage in my entire life. Like, ever. I screamed, I yelled, I slammed my hands on the table... It was awful...
But it was even worse when I found out that everything I thought about me being forced to do what my family wants to, being forced to do things just so I could please others... Thankfully, I was wrong about that. My mom wants me to be someone, yes, but will never enforce that on me. She explicitly stated that she wants me to do what I want with my life, and will be proud of me regardless.

But what hurts me the most is the fact that even though I always thought I was pleasing people, it turns out that I never pleased anyone. I mean, what do I do? I barely study, I stay on my computer most of the time, and I sleep till whatever time I see fit. There's no way I'm pleasing anyone like that. And even worse, the fact that I have these thoughts and had this explosion of anger really made me realize how ungrateful I am. It really made me pissed at myself, seriously. It made me realize how awful I was being to those around me... I vowed to myself that I won't ever do something like this ever again. I won't fall for this illusion that I must "please everyone". I'll do my own thing from now on. I'll stop with this illusion of mine and focus on what I want to do. No more standing here doin nothing.

So, for started, in the end I came straight up, clear cut, that I wanted to quit college. Yes, I know, not having superior education is tough. I won't be getting a lot of money, and I will go through a whole bunch of though shit. But I don't care. I hate going to college. I really do. You may say I'm weak, but compared to the rest of the people in my class, I really don't share their interest in the subject. When I look at my classmates, I really notice their interest. I notice their desire to go out there and say "I'M GONNA READ THE EVER LIVING SHIT OUT OF THIS BOOK". But I don't have that. I don't have that kind of vigor. Not that I don't like the subject but... Having to worry about things like grades, and projects, and essays and stuff... It really makes me sad. It makes me think "do I really have to go through this? I just wanna live in peace."
Of course, there are plenty of other things to worry about, but studying for me is a pain. Back when I started this year, I thought college was gonna be different from high-school. That I'd enjoy the subject, and make friends with people like me... But in the end, it's no different. I still feel extremely anxious, and I'm still awkward around my classmates... Just like my high school days, which I hated with a passion.

So, I don't care what people say. I'll get myself a job, get my own money, and be happy with what I have. That's what I want to. Maybe I'm being too naive, but hey, I'll never know unless I try. I won't care, so long as I have the things I like (read: anime, manga, metal, etc. I know, it sounds silly, but yeah.)

Naturally, my mom was disappointed in me. But I realize that if I think about that too much, I'll end up staying the same as I am right now.

Yes, I'm scared. I'm really scared. I don't know what'll happen next. But I won't know till I try.

That's all... I looked at the thread's title, I thought that this was fitting.

So yeah, Meta here will be a new person. It won't be easy, but that's what I wanna do.... Maybe I'll finish college someday. Who knows? The future is uncertain.

And besides, I'm fluent in English. That'll raise my chances of getting a good job, I guess.

But in any case, that's it... I just wanted to write this down somewhere. I'm scared. I'm really scared, but I think everything will turn out ok at the end...

Though I don't really want to stop... But I hate studying. What do I do...?? D:
:( i understand that feeling perfectly. Im also quitting my studies for almost the same reason; family keeps pressuring even non familiars; saying i have to study and go to university or else ill be a moron. I really cant stand studying or paying attention to some stuff that i wont ever look back at again nor will use it on the future, but i dont have any realistic dream or any ambition, so ... I dont really know what to do. Well, i dont want to share anger and pain here, since its a nice place to forget about it, so i better stop here before i start losing my mind.

You have my complete support *friendly hug* hope everything goes for better ^^;
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:47 am

Meta-chan...

I don't really know how I should respond, because I haven't come to a major decision like that yet. But for all it's worth to have an almost-complete-stranger say this, I support you. It's your life and what you do to become happy is up to you. And you really don't have to force yourself to do something you don't like. And umm....I kind of admire you, for taking control of your life like that. I guess that means you're an adult now, Meta-chan~

*me gives Meta-chan a teddy* (What is that, the fourth one? XP)

Be happy, Meta-chan :bigsmile:
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks for the support, guys... I always hate myself for making these long rants in forums, because I feel like I'm just bothering everyone.

Still, thanks fellas. I'm getting a little better now. Should probably head to sleep, rest a little bit and such~
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am

Hakurouken wrote:
:( i understand that feeling perfectly. Im also quitting my studies for almost the same reason; family keeps pressuring even non familiars; saying i have to study and go to university or else ill be a moron. I really cant stand studying or paying attention to some stuff that i wont ever look back at again nor will use it on the future, but i dont have any realistic dream or any ambition, so ... I dont really know what to do. Well, i dont want to share anger and pain here, since its a nice place to forget about it, so i better stop here before i start losing my mind.

You have my complete support *friendly hug* hope everything goes for better ^^;
I mean nowadays you need money to study. Before if you want money, get education to get a good job. Sounds easy to say, college is easy but it's not. I usually take a lot of time off here just to study so there. Questions are usually, you wanna shift? or you wanna drop the subject? I am only worrying about the grades and not even expecting to go to 5th year.
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:43 pm

They say eating ice creams~ :love: is good after teeth extraction... you should try some,

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:08 pm

This is just my opinion but -- I think every parent wants their kid to graduate from high school into a good University, graduate from Uni on to a good solid professional job that will assure them financial stability, social status, and overall approval from society, but what gets overlooked a lot of the time is that success isn't mathematical, it's not set in stone that just because you graduate from Uni you'll be successful and make heaps of money, just as it's not the least bit true to say because you didn't go to college, you're fucked for life. So don't be scared, Meta-chan, about your future, that you're making the wrong decision -- at least, no more so than before you decided to quit. Your future was never certain to begin with, no matter what society's stereotype is, and in my opinion, life shouldn't be about the destination but about the journey. If you're not certain that the end will justify the pain it took to get there, then it's not worth suffering.

No matter what you choose, I know you'll always find support here, from all the people who've posted above, as well as myself. Everyone goes through rough patches and life just plain sucks sometimes, but that's just all the more reason to help and support one another :bigsmile: Don't feel bad for ranting, it helps just to let out steam. I know that better than anyone~

Now, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and ask if dropping out and going straight to work is really what you want. Not simply leaving your course and not studying, but is going straight to work itself what you want? Is that job that you're looking at what you want to do -- is it going to give you that contentment and everything that your college degree is missing? It's one thing to leave because that's what you want to do, a completely different thing if it's just because you want to not study. Is it even that you don't want to study, or simply not study that subject? Do you want to drop it entirely or just take a break to refocus?
Just as non-black-and-white as the route to 'success,' there are lots of grey areas between staying in your course and going straight into the workforce. I'm not totally familiar with how things work where you are, but you can switch majors, take a semester or two off, drop college and pick up a course in your local TAFE/Polytech/whatever it's called there (like, technical college? Not academic book-studying crap but practical hands-on work)... there are lots of different options -- have you considered them?
/end Devil's Advocate

~here's a plushie kitten to go with Clover-chan's teddy~~

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Pleasing others is really hard, heck it even makes me hard to even please myself.. Our parents have also undergone the same thing, pleasing their own parents.. They will force you to study, cause there are some parents that eventhough they want to study when they were young, they cannot because of the things which matter most (their family's food, debts, medicines, other sibling's school tuition fees, etc..) leading them to their ambition that when they have kids, they will do their best to have their kids the best education they haven't experienced.. as much as possible, they want you to finish college,,

yes true,, it really isn't an assurance that if you have finished a degree in college will mean that you'll have a very successful life.. There are people who after have finished theirs, tends to be jobless, while their friends who are dropouts tend to live a much more wealthier life than them.. It just all leads to how much a person is hardworking, or rather, how much he uses his wits and every possible means to earn his money..
But I tell you,, finishing something will give you a boost in luck in finding a job.. As you know,, there are certain companies which has these requirements, not only because they want someone dependable but they may also think that "Oh! This guy painstakingly did all he can in college and finished it! Now that's what we need in our company.", something like that..

There are many things that are obstacles to our paths, but learn that these obstacles can be meaningful to us, in a sense that it will be a way to overcome our own weaknessess.. though it may be hard at the start (I know it is coz I really have a hard time in Math which makes me think why I am in this profession), you'll get the hang of it, little by little, step by step.. Makes me remind of how much time I used at the library reading various books on how to solve an equation, but it really has become useful.. (guess I added some of my rants as well X) )

And no!! don't be shy about ranting Meta-chan, each one of us is here to help each other in times of needs.. even trolls (like me) can sometimes be nice if one needs help X)

and oh,, Momo~s questions are quite good.. Knowing what matters to you is important.. It is your life, so you need to take control of it.. Everyone wants peace, but what kind of peace do you want? How will you attain it? I kinda feel your agony in studying, and how grades and projects and exams don't matter,, but it will be clear in time as you fully understand what you want in life and how are you going to attain it :)
some inspirationsShow
there was this movie titled "3 Idiots", already watched it? It's a story about three friends (who differs from each other in terms of views in life) who met in college, and became somewhat best friends.. One studies to bring fortune to his family, one because his family dictated him to take the profession, and one who just want to go to college as for the sake of learning things..
Not going to give more spoilers but I highly recommend watching it :)

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
bluemage wrote:I'll be feeling somewhat weak and irritated the next few days as well as I just got one of my wisdom teeth pulled. The pain and soreness that comes after the anesthetic wears off is not enjoyable.
Don't worry. The pain only lasts for a week or so.
At least it's not as bad as my case where I got all four out at once... ._.
Or in my case where part of my tooth is still there (I still feel a sensitive jolt whenever I drink). It was being pulled out, the anesthetic was starting to wear off and my jaw was already going numb from keeping my mouth open for so long. -_- And that was after removing this one impacted tooth. They said that particular tooth extraction would take the longest, but it felt more easier since the anesthetic was freshly injected. I could say the same for my two other upper teeth.

Oh, and did I mention that I just had this tooth extraction two weeks ago? (So in case you're wondering why I haven't been doing much write-up editing the past week or so, and the location saying, "On rest and recovery mode," now you know.)

What's worse about it is that you're stuck with a soft diet afterward. Made more worse since I'm already thin as it is (in serious need of weight gain) and I can't get much nutrients from soup. :frown: So I'm glad that I can finally chew a bit of French fries, fried shumai and pizza this week (though I did worry about getting some food stuck near the stitches). I finally ate a rice and meat meal today, too.

Anyway, I'm gonna get my stitches/sutures removed tomorrow...and get my dental braces. Hope I can hold up and be able to get online in time for the next round. ^^;
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
bluemage wrote:I'll be feeling somewhat weak and irritated the next few days as well as I just got one of my wisdom teeth pulled. The pain and soreness that comes after the anesthetic wears off is not enjoyable.
I had all four teeth out at once too. STOP COPYING ME!!

@Meta-chan:
SpoilerShow
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.

Post by Metaler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 am

HeartClover wrote:
Jeffrey-sama wrote:
I had all four teeth out at once too. STOP COPYING ME!!

@Meta-chan:
SpoilerShow
/me takes the cup of whatever it is the teddie is holding and chugs it down.

YEEEAAAAAHHHH

Anyways, thanks for the support, guys. I've actually been thinking things over, and I think I know what I wanna do: translator/interpreter. As much as I like my degree on social sciences, I don't feel like I want to make a career out of that... It's just, y'know, an interest, but I don't think I want to make a living with that. With my English skills, I think I can try being a translator. At least I know it's something I'm confident with myself. I'll take some classes about interpretation and technique, and whatnot, then work as a freelancer, or at a company, whichever. I'll give this a shot~ :3
Of course, I plan on finishing this year in college, at least. I actually made some good friends there and, like I said, I love the subject. Just not professionally. XD

With that, have a Poplar, just because. Huggle her lots: http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/14001 ... -wallpaper

Now, on the subject of wisdom teeth removal: I remember back when mine was removed, I got a hemorrhage during the procedure... Took another hour to get the bleeding to stop. I was scared shitless, thought I was gonna die. orz
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:11 am

Whaaaa everyone gave Meta-chan something! I'm late in my gift!

/me scrambles around trying to find something
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
choco makes everything better....? ><
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:19 am

shiraoky wrote:Whaaaa everyone gave Meta-chan something! I'm late in my gift!

/me scrambles around trying to find something
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
choco makes everything better....? ><
*mouth drools*

Good thing I bought Ice cream. <3
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:41 am

Good for you, Meta-chan~

Be a great translator/interpreter!! I actually wanted to be a translator/interpreter for a while too~

And since shira had to show me up, more presents:
Good luck presentsShow
ImageImageImage
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:26 am

HeartClover wrote:Good for you, Meta-chan~

Be a great translator/interpreter!! I actually wanted to be a translator/interpreter for a while too~

And since shira had to show me up, more presents:
Good luck presentsShow
ImageImageImage
/me bakes some potatoes and gives them to everyone
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:39 am

Hot Air Balloon~
Owl City~ <3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 am

shiraoky wrote:Hot Air Balloon~
Owl City~ <3
Must be scary with all those owls starin at ye.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 am

shiraoky wrote:Hot Air Balloon~
Owl City~ <3
<3 Owl City <3 <3

Revenge Time~
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:49 am

Meta-chan,, yes, I think that is a good idea.. I was also planning to take on a different course after the examinations, though I do not know if I can still pursue my dream once I have a job :(
but still,, I wanna be a biologist or environmentalist or an archeologist maybe.. to sum it up, I love researching and finding about things unknown to man!! :) may be it lost civilizations, or some magical place or creature, or a certain device that could change the world :lol:

and oh! I think I should give something to Meta-chan as well..
somethingShow
you can look into this http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/373812 for some foods you can eat after your teeth has been extracted

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:59 am

ohmygosh you suck so much Sedonnnnnn I haven't eaten anything besides half a pack of Oreos since Thursday and you've just made me so hungryyyyyyy ;A; ;A;

/goes and eats the rest of the Oreos

Revenge Time~
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 am

psh! :jii: I did told you to eat something :jii:

I also drooled while posting that.. oooooh! I really wanna eat some pizza! :love:

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage