Who is your top 10 hate character?

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Re: Who is your top 10 hate character?

Post by Bastion » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:Yuri - She needs to be sadistic at times to make them follow her. Her back-story and others' back-story are not forced because that's from their own memory. However,
SpoilerShow
we didn't see how Yuri died. Otonashi and Kanade's back-stories are forced to connect with the LAMEST reason - not being able to say THANK YOU will bring you to afterlife.
more to the storyShow
Granted, they were both said to have accidentally wandered into the afterlife. They shouldn't have even be there at all.
Could have gotten to 'heaven', but the rest of the cast pulled them into the afterlife. Guess there was something divine playing with the strings.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

Arcion wrote:
more to the storyShow
Granted, they were both said to have accidentally wandered into the afterlife. They shouldn't have even be there at all.
Could have gotten to 'heaven', but the rest of the cast pulled them into the afterlife. Guess there was something divine playing with the strings.
The rest of the cast had absolutely nothing to do with either of them going to the afterlife.
AB! Otonashi and KanadeShow
Otonashi wandered there by accident because he had amnesia. Kanade's very presence there is a massive plotditch. She's there because of Otanashi. Because, apparently, it is absolutely plausible that after receiving life-saving surgery, you're going to waste your life-- and his heart-- pining and regretting the fact you couldn't say thank you and that you took his heart, completely ignoring the fact that he's dead, so much so that you end up in the world of sad backstories. Somehow before the person died whose heart saved your life and allowed you to live on got there.
Jack_Rav wrote: Just to explain myself:
Shirou - keeps forcing his ridiculous ideals upon others and somehow thinks he's more suited to fight than Saber. Piss off.
I do agree, though I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. I think I'm content with watching him blindly be an idiot in the same way I'm content with watching a little kid try again and again to do something they obviously can't.
Jack_Rav wrote:Yuri - sadistic towards her subordinates. Forced back-story. Ultimately is wrong about their world.
I don't think her backstory is nearly so forced as some of the others *coughKANADEcough* I haven't watched it in a while, but I don't think I see her as being sadistic, per se. She has her moments where she's not definitely perfect and it's perfectly clear she really is making it up as she goes along, as any teenager would, really; but I think that's in part due to her still being partly traumatized and in shock at what did happen
AB! YuriShow
I mean, wouldn't you be traumatized if you watched your younger siblings get executed right in front of you at the age of 8, knowing that had you been just a little bit older, just a little bit stronger, just that little bit better you could have saved them? Hell, I'm 18 and I'd blame myself to no end if someone killed my three younger siblings, even if they hadn't pushed their deaths onto my head.
I think in some ways, she's trying to be that bit more 'mature,' 'stronger' and 'better' to 'protect' her new siblings from the bad guy (in her still-deeply hurt eyes, Kami-sama) but falling short simply because she's just like that little kid trying to take on a burden too heavy for her to handle
I'll give you she's ultimately wrong about their world, but still understandable in my eyes given <above explanation>

What I don't like about Yuri is how she shows traces of nearly being as selfish as Haruhi (like, the first 5 minutes of Ep 1, trying to contract Otonashi without even thinking about what he might be thinking/going through)
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:Also TT-TT Jack_Rav hates Chizuru and Hitagi TT-TT And Yuri T-T
All are sadistic to some degree; that's the correlation I've drawn on an ex-post-facto basis.
Well, Chizuru's not so much sadistic as over-dramatized mock-sadistic, given the nature of Seitokai no Ichizon as a show. But SnI is very much meant to be taken in a less-than-remotely-serious way, so fair enough for her portrayal lol~
And Hitagi's not so much sadistic as just scarred to near-insanity from abuse. Her mother, her father, than cult leader, the Crab, all of it. The fact she had her humanity, empathy and very spirit stripped from her at the same time she had her innocence, safety and trust destroyed didn't help her any. Broken Bird and everything~ Ep 12 is pure <3 though
bluemage wrote:I believe the only character I truly hate is Suzumiya Haruhi. She's not gonna get what she wants every time just because she's unsatisified with the way things are.
Her attitude in Haruhi S2 made me rage sooo much.
Same~ But Disappearance redeemed her slightly so she dropped from Severely Dislike to just Dislike. Who I hate more is the omnipotent dandere who enables her do this. More than enables her, encourages her even...

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 am

I think the anime tried to make people hate Yuri for pursuing Tenshi for the first few episodes so yeah the hate tag on her especially on AS boards.
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:Yuri - She needs to be sadistic at times to make them follow her. Her back-story and others' back-story are not forced because that's from their own memory. However,
SpoilerShow
we didn't see how Yuri died. Otonashi and Kanade's back-stories are forced to connect with the LAMEST reason - not being able to say THANK YOU will bring you to afterlife.
Not just sadistic to get the SSS to follow her plans; he plans are outlandish and sadistic as well. Chair-> roof anyone? I'd agree with your concerns about the reasons for the characters being there in the first place, but that's ultimately a different concern. (Story, pacing, etc, AB! is really decidedly mediocre)
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote: Just to explain myself:
Shirou - keeps forcing his ridiculous ideals upon others and somehow thinks he's more suited to fight than Saber. Piss off.
I do agree, though I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. I think I'm content with watching him blindly be an idiot in the same way I'm content with watching a little kid try again and again to do something they obviously can't.
The difference is that Shirou isn't a kid, and should know better. But, fair enough~
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote: Forced back-story.
AB! YuriShow
I mean, wouldn't you be traumatized if you watched your younger siblings get executed right in front of you at the age of 8, knowing that had you been just a little bit older, just a little bit stronger, just that little bit better you could have saved them? Hell, I'm 18 and I'd blame myself to no end if someone killed my three younger siblings, even if they hadn't pushed their deaths onto my head.
I think in some ways, she's trying to be that bit more 'mature,' 'stronger' and 'better' to 'protect' her new siblings from the bad guy (in her still-deeply hurt eyes, Kami-sama) but falling short simply because she's just like that little kid trying to take on a burden too heavy for her to handle
I haven't watched AB! since it aired, but I think..
AB! YuriShow
She didn't blame herself, she blamed God himself (or herself, of course. :P) for what happened to her siblings. Hence why she begins her campaign against Kanade, i.e God's Right Hand (Wo)Man.

Obviously, I have no idea how I would react to the situation she has gone through (trauma = bare minimum obviously), and I'm not sure I want to wonder down that particular train of thought (having 3 siblings myself...).
Momokutenshi wrote:What I don't like about Yuri is how she shows traces of nearly being as selfish as Haruhi (like, the first 5 minutes of Ep 1, trying to contract Otonashi without even thinking about what he might be thinking/going through)

Yeah, even when she acknowledges (at some point) that he's likely to have amnesia and so has no idea what the hell is going on. (Btw, Haruhi isn't high on my like list either. Yuki, on the other hand....Hate her will you? ._. )
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:Also TT-TT Jack_Rav hates Chizuru and Hitagi TT-TT And Yuri T-T
All are sadistic to some degree; that's the correlation I've drawn on an ex-post-facto basis.
And Hitagi's not so much sadistic as just scarred to near-insanity from abuse. Her mother, her father, than cult leader, the Crab, all of it. The fact she had her humanity, empathy and very spirit stripped from her at the same time she had her innocence, safety and trust destroyed didn't help her any. Broken Bird and everything~ Ep 12 is pure <3 though
Bakemonogatari was among the earliest anime I watched (heck, I watched it whilst I was still streaming stuff instead of DL'ing), so much of the story is lost on me. Speaks volumes of how I received it....4. However, I chose to read up on the story, and rewatch episode 12 just to refresh my memory of her character. Firstly, before anything else, fuck-me-she-also-voices-Homura-and-Aika.

Part of my distaste for Hitagi stems from the actual anime itself, farrrrr tooo muchh talkkkinnggg at the expense of stuff actually happening. However, my opinion of her still remains largely as I remember it.
just in case someone hasn't watched it...Show
She staples someone's mouth upon meeting them? I do not care for past-stories or reasons, that simply is not a 'moe' course of action. Utterly reprehensible. I understand that this initial reaction softens by the end of the anime (I can't remember how gradual or otherwise the process is...), but still. She is also far too self-appreciative (in the episode I watched re: their disparate intelligence), and simply disrespectful towards the MC (it doesn't help he's really quite unarmed in the verbal battle). I also dislike the indirect-direct way she talks, but that's the anime for you.

Also, NO, the sky is everyone's...semi-serious.
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:Just to explain myself:
The difference is that Shirou isn't a kid, and should know better. But, fair enough~
The fact is that that kind of mentality does work, and has for generations. The fact that he's apparently the only one with this mentality is a little akward actually, but I think that has to do with the setting.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am

This must be a thread made for me... except I can't really list "top 10" so I'll just list whoever that comes to mind. Includes both hate and dislike.

* Lelouch Lamperouge
* Kouzuki Kallen
* C.C.
* Sakagami Tomoyo
* Senjougahara Hitagi
* Sengoku Nadeko
* Kousaka Kirino
* Gokou Ruri
* Kasugano Sora
* Hoshii Miki
* Orihara Izaya
* Nakagawa Kanon
* Shiomiya Shiori
* Saionji Sekai
* Louise Valliere

I used to hate a lot more characters, but I've kinda cooled down and just mildly dislike them now or don't care about them anymore.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:09 pm

imbehindyou wrote:* Hoshii Miki
B-But why? ;__:
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Jack_Rav wrote:I'd agree with your concerns about the reasons for the characters being there in the first place, but that's ultimately a different concern. (Story, pacing, etc, AB! is really decidedly mediocre)
I agree, they could have done it so. much. better. The concept was brilliant. The art was gorgeous. Some of the backstories (the what, 5 provided out of an "ensemble" cast of 20ish? Just stop introducing new extras, already, sheesh.) were great. The development SUCKED.
Jack_Rav wrote:The difference is that Shirou isn't a kid, and should know better. But, fair enough~
I know, but I tried to be forgiving to him, he has a good heart, he's just a weeeee smidge thick. That moment he
F/snShow
threw himself in front of Saber when they were fighting Berserker OMFG
I WANTED TO THROTTLE HIM SO BADLY. I love characters who are self-sacrificing and all-around good people and all, but OMFG WHEN YOU'RE THAT MUCH OF AN IDIOT...

Also he's ridiculously sexist.
Which is why
Arcion wrote:The fact is that that kind of mentality does work, and has for generations.
Does, actually, ring true. Albeit, not in the way Arcion meant it too, I believe. ;P
Jack_Rav wrote:
AB! YuriShow
She didn't blame herself, she blamed God himself (or herself, of course. ) for what happened to her siblings. Hence why she begins her campaign against Kanade, i.e God's Right Hand (Wo)Man.

Obviously, I have no idea how I would react to the situation she has gone through (trauma = bare minimum obviously), and I'm not sure I want to wonder down that particular train of thought (having 3 siblings myself...).
Well, this is just my extrapolation of the horrendously under-developed AB! but
AB! YuriShow
I think she did blame herself, all through her life and when she got to the Afterlife too, I mean, it was enough to get her to the Afterlife, but over time (I don't think it says how long they've been there for?) she grew 'jaded,' sort of, and redirected her anger towards God, partially (my extrapolation/interpretation here) because I think her guilt just increased as the event faded into memory and started to lose it's sharp sting and become ... sort of like a dull pain you get used to, and only flares up every now and then cripplingly, but mostly because she just needed something to grasp hold of in order to not succumb to bottomless self-loathing and depression. And the way she did that is pretty much exactly the same as how half the world does it: blame it on God and hate him for everything that sucks in the world.

You and me both lol, bare minimum trauma and 3 siblings alike. I can't help but empathize and see things from a character's perspective though so *shudder* I was seriously clinging to my littlest brother for a full hour after I watched that. Also, both my youngest siblings now know self-defense up to yellow, maybe greenbelt TKD level (they're too small to learn higher to any extent), where to hide in our house if there's ever a break-in, a memorized spiel when calling 111 (so you don't have to wait for the lady to ask all that info), and where I keep my money, just in case (they're under 10 so they don't have any significant cash, and my other younger brother has more money than me LOL).
Jack_Rav wrote:Yeah, even when she acknowledges (at some point) that he's likely to have amnesia and so has no idea what the hell is going on. (Btw, Haruhi isn't high on my like list either. Yuki, on the other hand....Hate her will you? ._. )
unnecessarily long rant... I don't even--Show
Well, I hate SHnY as it is. Partly because of the flecking Endless Eight, partly because I didn't feel any attachment to any of the characters (except like, pity for Mikuru, a slight affinity for Kyon's cynicism, and pure unadulterated hate for Yuki and real-world Haruhi). Haruhi's way too selfish and the only thing that redeemed her, for me, was Disappearance and only then very slightly. For Yuki... I don't like danderes, I didn't reeeally like Moemura, but usually they just fall into a 'I don't care about you' state (I'm horrible, I hate people who are stupid, and people who are weak. But unless they're there all the time, I can ignore them lol). I hate Yuki though. I hate her so much. I would hate Koizumi just as much if it weren't for the fact that he's so nondescript I can just ignore his presence completely, and Mikuru, if I didn't pity her so much for the upfront bullying from Haruhi; also neither of them are strong enough to do anything significant -- unlike Yuki. I hate how they enable Haruhi. It's so obvious that nothing Haruhi does is for anything but selfish, childish amusement, and she's got the attentionspan and interpersonal awareness of a child too, WHY THE FUCK IS THERE NOT A KUUDERE TO SLAP SOME SENSE INTO HER AND SLAP HER INTO PLACE? I get that she's supposedly god and all, but my god, Yuki easily has the powers to control her, forget the power of the rest of her corporation, and I absolutely resent them for just letting her be and "observing". I hate them in the same why I hate Big Brother and the Party and Sutler/Creedy (V For Vendetta), only more, because they don't just own up to the fact that they're doing it for equally selfish reasons as Haruhi, and I hate Yuki because she's obviously intelligent enough to see this, but somehow she's stupid enough not to realize that, oddly enough, doing nothing isn't going to do anything, and that her corporation are idiots. I hate Haruhi because she's stupid and selfish. I hate Yuki because she's like the mother who lets her child be stupid and selfish and cry, and still spoils it more. And no matter how much I might hate that child, I will hate and blame the mother so much more for enabling her and making her who she is. Disappearance redeemed them both slightly, but not enough to make me not-hate them.

(there's probably a lot of misdirected hate there that I'm too blinded by hate to see, but Catch-22s aside, I have yet to come across anyone who's been able to explain away (my) observed glaring stupidity on behalf of Yuki. I don't buy that Haruhi's more powerful than her, even in the EE, I think that if she was really suffering as much as everyone thinks, then she would have at least tried to help Kyon out a little, if she couldn't do it herself)
I just realized that both the characters I hate to death aren't human. Maybe I hate them because I can't empathize with their lack of humanity...
Jack_Rav wrote:Firstly, before anything else, fuck-me-she-also-voices-Homura-and-Aika
I don't know Aika, but YES she DOES. Homura <3 Also the seiyuu for Hachikuji is Kyuubey </3
Jack_Rav wrote:Part of my distaste for Hitagi stems from the actual anime itself, farrrrr tooo muchh talkkkinnggg at the expense of stuff actually happening. However, my opinion of her still remains largely as I remember it.
just in case someone hasn't watched it...Show
She staples someone's mouth upon meeting them? I do not care for past-stories or reasons, that simply is not a 'moe' course of action. Utterly reprehensible. I understand that this initial reaction softens by the end of the anime (I can't remember how gradual or otherwise the process is...), but still. She is also far too self-appreciative (in the episode I watched re: their disparate intelligence), and simply disrespectful towards the MC (it doesn't help he's really quite unarmed in the verbal battle). I also dislike the indirect-direct way she talks, but that's the anime for you.

Also, NO, the sky is everyone's...semi-serious.
Yeah, also those split-second screens are SO ANNOYING. OCD and all, I swear my spacebar hates me still for trying to read them. I don't like the art either, but it intrigued me in its uniqueness, and I liked that it managed to not be completely fail for a show that's almost completely dialogue-based. And how it was believable in the pace of development (ie. it takes a helluva long time unlike flecking <IS>)
BakemonogatariShow
and how Hitagi's not stupid enough to let her confession go without response. It's something I'd never do, but I do admire her for it. Not that I'd have the guts to ever confess to a guy, but still.
More Bakemonogatari; also really LONG ;A; I didn't realize...Show
I have to admit, I hated her at first. Because she seemed heartless (goddammit YES she bloody stapled his mouth) and acted as if she had no emotion whatsoever. And then I found out the reason she acted like she had no feelings was because she actually didn't have feelings. The Crab had taken away everything along with her pain and she literally couldn't understand anymore. In a way, she had as much humanity as Kyuubey (ie. none.) and all she needed was for Araragi to keep silent, which she did, in a way that would let him know she was serious as hell -- with questionable means to us, but probably not so harsh to someone who'd been completely shut off from emotion and lived in that hell for 2 years. The fact that she was incapable of feeling while the Crab still held her in its pincers, as well as her backstory (why she would ever agree to letting it take away her emotions and thereby creating the heartless bitch who stapled Araragi's mouth) sort of excused, for lack of a better word (mitigated, probably), her actions in my eyes.
Probably I forgave her more than your average person because I've seen friends suffer from watching their families break down (that line from the 2009 movie Fame is probably the only thing I still remember from it:
SpoilerShow
"My theory is that when parents get divorced, they're given some kind of a handout. When my parents told me that they were splitting, they told me three things.
One, "It's not your fault. "
Two, "It's not your fault. "
And three, "It's not your fault. "
Problem is, I don't buy it.
I've seen the pictures of when you got married. When you were good-looking, and you smiled at each other. Hell, when you even just looked at each other. So what happened between then and now?
Me.
)
But more because my friend was raped a couple years ago by her step-brother and seeing how it completely destroyed her just killed me. It was indescribably horrible watching someone who used to be the most energetic, most enthusiastic, brightest person you could ever meet, just.. tear herself apart, jumping at the slightest shadow and being so scared of going home.. and I felt like shit just thinking about it and seeing how harsh her family was, I can't even imagine how she must have felt. So rape -- even attempted rape-- always gets to me. Given her position, I can see why Hitagi would let the Crab take everything (even more so, given that her mother watched it and brought him home to do so) and found dealing with no emotion, even to the point of heartless cruelty, aware of it or not, easier than dealing with than the shit she felt before.

What redeemed her -- and the series too -- for me, (something that Disappearance didn't quite do for Nagato, nor MadoMagi for Kyuubey at all) was how Bakemonogatari showed her developing and trying to regain that sense of self from before, and (for the series) how it concentrated not so much on the fact that Araragi and Hitagi were in a relationship, but how they were in one and how it progressed -- even to the point where all the interactions with the other girls reflected back to that relationship. How even despite having gone through the worst hells in existence Hitagi still accepted the hand of someone who reached out to her, and let him save her (something that given Japan's culture re: not showing weakness and doing things and coping on your own would typically not allow) and opened up to him, to the point where she tells him what she has, what she doesn't have and what she is and isn't ready for (ep 12): that made her moe, to me. Sort of like, 'with great wounds comes great pain, great measures taken to protect great hurt, greater still the healing power needed, but greatest of all is the effort all must put in' - style, particularly when they showed what she used to be like in middle school and the complete contrast now, that massive impact those events had on her.

I saw that dig (their disparate intelligence) as the reaction of a typical kuudere: yeah, you've seen my weak side, but don't you dare look down on me. Like, protecting herself with the only weapon she has that he doesn't have. Words and intelligence.
And her inability to communicate and convey her thoughts/feelings on a personal level an indicator of just how cut off she had been, and how unfamiliar it all was to her, but also how she was trying to get it back and come out of her numbness back to the real world.
Maybe I overanalyzed it, but yes, the sky is everyone's, or rather no one's: all Hitagi has is that which we all see, but can't grasp; all she can give him is what everyone can give, yet no one can have. The pretty-looking emptiness is what her life has been proven to be up until that point, and at that point, it's all there was to her, but she was trying. And with that ending scene, she straight-up tells him that despite all her harsh words and haughtiness, underneath it all, she is trying, and it's all because he saved her, and cared enough to stay there despite the crap she tried him through. He trusted her, so even though she can't trust anyone, everyone and everything had let her down, she'd try, for him. Which is absolute pure ♥♥ for me.
But I'm a weird one I guess XP

Revenge Time~
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:The difference is that Shirou isn't a kid, and should know better. But, fair enough~
I know, but I tried to be forgiving to him, he has a good heart, he's just a weeeee smidge thick. That moment he
F/snShow
I WANTED TO THROTTLE HIM SO BADLY. I love characters who are self-sacrificing and all-around good people and all, but OMFG WHEN YOU'RE THAT MUCH OF AN IDIOT...

Also he's ridiculously sexist.
Which is why
Arcion wrote:The fact is that that kind of mentality does work, and has for generations.
Does, actually, ring true. Albeit, not in the way Arcion meant it too, I believe. ;P
Actually, that kind of thinking is exactly what spawned the culture into it's current name. In case you still can't figure it out, it's called Christianity, which still has issues with sexism. Shiro is a little sexist, but in the movie,
F/sn MovieShow
He fights alongside Saber and Rin, I wanna say multiple times, and includes them in his plans, so he knows they're powerful. Oh, and he wins against at least one Heroic Spirit, which he hadn't even planned to do (not sure if fighting against himself counts as a win or not), so he is powerful enough to fight.
And taking Berserker's attack, while a stupid move (I believe he even acknowledges that) the fact that he still survives says that he's not as stupid as you make him sound.
And Shiro is far from the worst in terms of anime characters being sexist.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Like almost every Code Geass character that opposes Lelouch!
ALSO I HATE ALMOST EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER THAT HAS A CRUSH ON THE MAIN CHARACTER BUT ISNT THE MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER (THAT ALSO GOT A CRUSH)
WHOS EVERYONE VOTING FOR IN THE TRIANGLE OF LOVE AND THAT RIVAL IS BOYCOTTING EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 am

JLoable91 wrote:Like almost every Code Geass character that opposes Lelouch!
ALSO I HATE ALMOST EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER THAT HAS A CRUSH ON THE MAIN CHARACTER BUT ISNT THE MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER (THAT ALSO GOT A CRUSH)
WHOS EVERYONE VOTING FOR IN THE TRIANGLE OF LOVE AND THAT RIVAL IS BOYCOTTING EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Whoa, ease up on caps there. (:
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:39 am

Jeffrey-sama wrote:

*fjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
I got confused with the all caps too
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 am

QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge

Post by Jack_Rav » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:07 am

Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:I'd agree with your concerns about the reasons for the characters being there in the first place, but that's ultimately a different concern. (Story, pacing, etc, AB! is really decidedly mediocre)
I agree, they could have done it so. much. better. The concept was brilliant. The art was gorgeous. Some of the backstories (the what, 5 provided out of an "ensemble" cast of 20ish? Just stop introducing new extras, already, sheesh.) were great. The development SUCKED.
Bolded for importance; I was really excited at the end of the first episode. About halfway through the series, I started losing faith. Episode 11 onwards (I think?) took the damn biscuit; could've broken the 100m world record how bloody fast it went.
Momokutenshi wrote:
F/snShow
Oh bloody hell, that entire moment was so frustrating to watch. If I ever rewatch F/SN again (which I probs won't) I will fast forward through it. *agrees with sexist sentiment*
Momokutenshi wrote: Well, this is just my extrapolation of the horrendously under-developed AB! but
AB! YuriShow
I think she did blame herself, all through her life and when she got to the Afterlife too, I mean, it was enough to get her to the Afterlife, but over time (I don't think it says how long they've been there for?) she grew 'jaded,' sort of, and redirected her anger towards God, partially (my extrapolation/interpretation here) because I think her guilt just increased as the event faded into memory and started to lose it's sharp sting and become ... sort of like a dull pain you get used to, and only flares up every now and then cripplingly, but mostly because she just needed something to grasp hold of in order to not succumb to bottomless self-loathing and depression. And the way she did that is pretty much exactly the same as how half the world does it: blame it on God and hate him for everything that sucks in the world.
That is a very good extrapolation (/no condescension), now why couldn't AB! be 26 episodes, halve/third the characters, and provide more fully padded backstories like that?
AB! episode 12Show
And get rid of that damn false conflict about Yuri becoming God...that was jarring as hell. Literally lasted 1 minute...seriously wtf.

Also, my plans concerning a break-in are knowing where the nearest hockey stick/pool cue/darts are. X] jk
Still doesn't change my opinion of her sadistic plans. :P
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:(Yuki, on the other hand....Hate her will you? ._. )
Well, I hate SHnY as it is... For Yuki... I don't like danderes...usually they just fall into a 'I don't care about you' state (I'm horrible, I hate people who are stupid, and people who are weak. But unless they're there all the time, I can ignore them lol). I hate Yuki though. I hate her so much...also neither of them are strong enough to do anything significant -- unlike Yuki. I hate how they enable Haruhi. It's so obvious that nothing Haruhi does is for anything but selfish, childish amusement, and she's got the attentionspan and interpersonal awareness of a child too, WHY THE FUCK IS THERE NOT A KUUDERE TO SLAP SOME SENSE INTO HER AND SLAP HER INTO PLACE? I get that she's supposedly god and all, but my god, Yuki easily has the powers to control her, forget the power of the rest of her corporation, and I absolutely resent them for just letting her be and "observing". I hate them in the same why I hate Big Brother and the Party and Sutler/Creedy (V For Vendetta), only more, because they don't just own up to the fact that they're doing it for equally selfish reasons as Haruhi, and I hate Yuki because she's obviously intelligent enough to see this, but somehow she's stupid enough not to realize that, oddly enough, doing nothing isn't going to do anything, and that her corporation are idiots. I hate Haruhi because she's stupid and selfish. I hate Yuki because she's like the mother who lets her child be stupid and selfish and cry, and still spoils it more. And no matter how much I might hate that child, I will hate and blame the mother so much more for enabling her and making her who she is. Disappearance redeemed them both slightly, but not enough to make me not-hate them.

(there's probably a lot of misdirected hate there that I'm too blinded by hate to see, but Catch-22s aside, I have yet to come across anyone who's been able to explain away (my) observed glaring stupidity on behalf of Yuki. I don't buy that Haruhi's more powerful than her, even in the EE, I think that if she was really suffering as much as everyone thinks, then she would have at least tried to help Kyon out a little, if she couldn't do it herself)
defence of YukiShow
Let me just start by agreeing with your reasons of hatred for Haruhi and (to a lesser extent) Koizumi. Haruhi runs wild on her selfish whims, and Koizumi (and Yuki) merely allow her to get on with what she likes normally to the detriment of Kyon and Mikuru. I empathise with your views on these two characters. May I also say however that it's because both of these characters are 100% bona fide human why your hate isn't misdirected towards these two?

Yuki, on the other hand, clearly isn't human (as you acknowledge yourself), she's been assigned a role by the Data Integration Thought Entity to observe Haruhi. To Yuki, this is an absolute task/order to her which she CANNOT disobey or perform actions otherwise. It's exactly because doing this does nothing to Haruhi why her role is to do this; the alternative could be they worsen the situation. Endless Eight shows the unwitting power that Haruhi possesses, and the ramifications of her displeasure towards a certain scenario. She nearly destroyed the universe as she knew it and only Kyon was brought with her. Kyon represents the only real safeguard against her abilities, so he is best 'qualified' to deal with the situation as he sees fit. Yuki can facilitate/aid Kyon's plans but she can't go so far as to suggest courses of action by herself. To do so would be to fall outside of her assigned role; to observe Haruhi. Heck, Kyon even acknowledges (with gratitude) her reliability and continuing presence, she's always there and always the same.

Mostly. Despite her 'coding' by the DITE, she starts developing emotions (called errors </3) towards Kyon, in particular, and soon grows self-aware towards her shortcomings in this department; hence the course of actions which develops in The Disappearance (where she was even more <3-worthy). Who knew two words could have such impact at the end of the film, and Kyon's possible re-appraisal as to how to address her?
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:Firstly, before anything else, fuck-me-she-also-voices-Homura-and-Aika
I don't know Aika...
Yeah, I knew it would work. I have stumbled across another chance to recommend ARIA! Not watching this after I've expressly recommended it is forbidden! /Aika reference (she's one of the main 3 characters)

Momokutenshi wrote:
I have to admit, I hated her at first. Because she seemed heartless (goddammit YES she bloody stapled his mouth) and acted as if she had no emotion whatsoever. And then I found out the reason she acted like she had no feelings was because she actually didn't have feelings. The Crab had taken away everything along with her pain and she literally couldn't understand anymore. In a way, she had as much humanity as Kyuubey (ie. none.) and all she needed was for Araragi to keep silent, which she did, in a way that would let him know she was serious as hell -- with questionable means to us, but probably not so harsh to someone who'd been completely shut off from emotion and lived in that hell for 2 years. The fact that she was incapable of feeling while the Crab still held her in its pincers, as well as her backstory (why she would ever agree to letting it take away her emotions and thereby creating the heartless bitch who stapled Araragi's mouth) sort of excused, for lack of a better word (mitigated, probably), her actions in my eyes.
What redeemed her -- and the series too -- for me, (something that Disappearance didn't quite do for Nagato, nor MadoMagi for Kyuubey at all) was how Bakemonogatari showed her developing and trying to regain that sense of self from before, and (for the series) how it concentrated not so much on the fact that Araragi and Hitagi were in a relationship, but how they were in one and how it progressed -- even to the point where all the interactions with the other girls reflected back to that relationship. How even despite having gone through the worst hells in existence Hitagi still accepted the hand of someone who reached out to her, and let him save her (something that given Japan's culture re: not showing weakness and doing things and coping on your own would typically not allow) and opened up to him, to the point where she tells him what she has, what she doesn't have and what she is and isn't ready for (ep 12): that made her moe, to me. Sort of like, 'with great wounds comes great pain, great measures taken to protect great hurt, greater still the healing power needed, but greatest of all is the effort all must put in' - style, particularly when they showed what she used to be like in middle school and the complete contrast now, that massive impact those events had on her.

I saw that dig (their disparate intelligence) as the reaction of a typical kuudere: yeah, you've seen my weak side, but don't you dare look down on me. Like, protecting herself with the only weapon she has that he doesn't have. Words and intelligence.
And her inability to communicate and convey her thoughts/feelings on a personal level an indicator of just how cut off she had been, and how unfamiliar it all was to her, but also how she was trying to get it back and come out of her numbness back to the real world.
Maybe I overanalyzed it, but yes, the sky is everyone's, or rather no one's: all Hitagi has is that which we all see, but can't grasp; all she can give him is what everyone can give, yet no one can have. The pretty-looking emptiness is what her life has been proven to be up until that point, and at that point, it's all there was to her, but she was trying. And with that ending scene, she straight-up tells him that despite all her harsh words and haughtiness, underneath it all, she is trying, and it's all because he saved her, and cared enough to stay there despite the crap she tried him through. He trusted her, so even though she can't trust anyone, everyone and everything had let her down, she'd try, for him. Which is absolute pure ♥♥ for me.
BakemonogatariShow
I guess it's because I see being at least neutral towards those people who you haven't met/heard of before as one of the minimum expectations of humanity why her backstory doesn't redeem her actions of episode 1 to me. Not having (positive) feelings =/= acting like a bitch towards 'new' people. It just means you don't/can't act positively. I appreciate how she' trying to change herself from who she was before, I just disagree with her external (I say external to differentiate it from her what you call 'underneath it all' feelings) attitude etc towards the one person who did hold out his hand and help her along the path to becoming who she wants to be.

Also, an aside, I'm not quite sure that Yuki and Kyuubey's 'situation' can be compared to Hitagi's (at least I think you might be...?). Hitagi's wants to regain her emotions, Yuki wants to gain them, Kyubey cannot.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Jeffrey-sama wrote:

*fjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
I got confused with the all caps too
I just heard Jello's voice yell very loudly in my mind X)
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
Bolded for importance; I was really excited at the end of the first episode. About halfway through the series, I started losing faith. Episode 11 onwards (I think?) took the damn biscuit; could've broken the 100m world record how bloody fast it went.
Not to mention the fact that ep 13 could have just been shortened to like, the 5 mins at the end or whatever. I wish they had taken more time with it, made it at least 26 eps and done it properly T-T
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote: Well, this is just my extrapolation of the horrendously under-developed AB! but
AB! YuriShow
That is a very good extrapolation (/no condescension), now why couldn't AB! be 26 episodes, halve/third the characters, and provide more fully padded backstories like that?
AB! episode 12Show
And get rid of that damn false conflict about Yuri becoming God...that was jarring as hell. Literally lasted 1 minute...seriously wtf.

Also, my plans concerning a break-in are knowing where the nearest hockey stick/pool cue/darts are. X] jk
Still doesn't change my opinion of her sadistic plans. :P
I knoww~ I have so many problems with the execution of AB! it's depressing T-T (and omgYES @ ep 12, that whole ending was so messy it was like wtf) But I do love the concept and what could have been, so I just extrapolated all the characters and wrote them nice backstories in my mind :lol: Which is probably why I like Yui least out of the 5 girls since they wrote her backstory (which was good, and probably one of the only anywhere near remotely well-done parts of the story, but still felt a little... rushed? I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have marathoned it... they didn't give nearly so much depth as I imagined for some of the others. Like Shiina, that chick with about 4 lines who was essentially an extra, yet for no apparent reason named. I wrote up a whole nice (obviously traumatically tragic) story for her in my mind and now I like her lots :lol: )

Which sadistic plans are these? /can't remember @_@
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:(Yuki, on the other hand....Hate her will you? ._. )
truncated
defence of YukiShow
Let me just start by agreeing with your reasons of hatred for Haruhi and (to a lesser extent) Koizumi. Haruhi runs wild on her selfish whims, and Koizumi (and Yuki) merely allow her to get on with what she likes normally to the detriment of Kyon and Mikuru. I empathise with your views on these two characters. May I also say however that it's because both of these characters are 100% bona fide human why your hate isn't misdirected towards these two?

Yuki, on the other hand, clearly isn't human (as you acknowledge yourself), she's been assigned a role by the Data Integration Thought Entity to observe Haruhi. To Yuki, this is an absolute task/order to her which she CANNOT disobey or perform actions otherwise. It's exactly because doing this does nothing to Haruhi why her role is to do this; the alternative could be they worsen the situation. Endless Eight shows the unwitting power that Haruhi possesses, and the ramifications of her displeasure towards a certain scenario. She nearly destroyed the universe as she knew it and only Kyon was brought with her. Kyon represents the only real safeguard against her abilities, so he is best 'qualified' to deal with the situation as he sees fit. Yuki can facilitate/aid Kyon's plans but she can't go so far as to suggest courses of action by herself. To do so would be to fall outside of her assigned role; to observe Haruhi. Heck, Kyon even acknowledges (with gratitude) her reliability and continuing presence, she's always there and always the same.

Mostly. Despite her 'coding' by the DITE, she starts developing emotions (called errors </3) towards Kyon, in particular, and soon grows self-aware towards her shortcomings in this department; hence the course of actions which develops in The Disappearance (where she was even more <3-worthy). Who knew two words could have such impact at the end of the film, and Kyon's possible re-appraisal as to how to address her?
Yeah, that's all true but.. I think I hate her because she's so... static? I don't know. If it weren't for the Endless Eight, I would seriously rewatch it (I usually do this if there's someone I really really hate, just because I always feel that there's got to be some reason for <whatever it is that makes me hate them> and I just missed it the first time) but I blame the makers for that (surely they could have thought of a slightly more interesting way to portray what needed be portrayed? If I'd watched it when it aired and had to watch the same episodes for 2 whole fucking months I would have dropped it faster than I did already T-T)
Ah-- I hate her in the same way I hate those idiots in dystopias who do nothing. Only more because she actually has the power too, if she weren't so alien (ah ha. ha. :roll: ) and actually had some sense of initiative/self. I think I actually hate the DITE more, but she represents them (more semi-misdirected hate but nehh) and stands for what they do so </3

If Disappearance were longer, (or shorter) then I probably would have been convinced, but it went too long/short to do anything significant for me :( (Ok, I realize that that's a ridiculously confusing sentence: I felt it was too long as a movie, and would have preferred it integrated into a season, where it would be 'longer.' If it had to stay in a movie, I'd rather it had been shorter. I don't really like 2hr+ movies... I have waay too high expectations of them lol)

I hate things I can't empathize with, and the execution of Yuki's moe-ness didn't quite get to me, I suppose... Although I probably wouldn't hate her at all if it weren't for the fact that everyone loves her so much... she'd have just slipped into forgottenness as a character I didn't like loll
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
I don't know Aika...
Yeah, I knew it would work. I have stumbled across another chance to recommend ARIA! Not watching this after I've expressly recommended it is forbidden! /Aika reference (she's one of the main 3 characters)
ahaha I recognize a few names from exhibition xD
Remind me at the end of the year after my exams and assignments and whatnot and I'll watch it :P
Jack_Rav wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:
also truncated
BakemonogatariShow
I guess it's because I see being at least neutral towards those people who you haven't met/heard of before as one of the minimum expectations of humanity why her backstory doesn't redeem her actions of episode 1 to me. Not having (positive) feelings =/= acting like a bitch towards 'new' people. It just means you don't/can't act positively. I appreciate how she' trying to change herself from who she was before, I just disagree with her external (I say external to differentiate it from her what you call 'underneath it all' feelings) attitude etc towards the one person who did hold out his hand and help her along the path to becoming who she wants to be.
BakemonogatariShow
Except that she had no humanity at the time (or at least little). I suppose that calls the whole psychological/philosophical 'what constitutes humanity' and whatnot, but imo, someone who lacks feeling (spirit? soul? I don't know) and is completely empty -- not just hidden really really reeeaallly deep, but actually devoid of emotion-- I don't think that person has 'humanity' in the sense that we do. I mean, even being neutral gives that person the benefit of the doubt. You're already assuming s/he's not some psychopathic killer or whatever.
Also I think she'd gotten to the point where she'd lost faith in anyone and everyone: so many people had come and gone, saying they could do something, promising they could, but ultimately being incapable of it and disappointing her... she was just so over it. No one could ever hope to understand, or fix it, it was a waste of time trying, and 99.999% of people who did try, and failed would just walk away afterwards (this based on real life, and even small things, not necessarily just in the context of the anime)... sort of like how Kanade was in AB! with regards to making friends. What little humanity there may have been left in her would probably just have been shattered by sheer utter hopelessness. Act cold and invisible, and eventually you will be, and in that invisibility you'll somehow be 'safe.' The possibility of anyone breaking that invisibility (Araragi asking Hanakawa about Hitagi and her past an all), threatens that safe, and for someone who feels nothing, I guess a staple here or there is nothing. I mean half the world sees violence as normal, even fully conscious of their humanity; people who've been left to fend for themselves I would imagine to have grown just as thick a skin as a bodyguard. (The best defense is a good offense, or whatever that quote from X-Men was~)
(I don't see her backstory redeeming her from that event btw, but mitigating it to the point where objectively, I can sort of get it)

I don't think she fully acknowledged him as someone who would stick by her until that night under the stars. Sort of like, everything before then was a test to see if he would be the first person to actually stay or if he would just flake off like everyone else. I mean, do you trust people immediately/divulge your deepest darkest self to people you don't trust to love you past your faults?

Jack_Rav wrote:Also, an aside, I'm not quite sure that Yuki and Kyuubey's 'situation' can be compared to Hitagi's (at least I think you might be...?). Hitagi's wants to regain her emotions, Yuki wants to gain them, Kyubey cannot.
Not their situation, just the bit where they lack emotion/humanity~

Edit: Ok, I don't get why this postreply is screwed up, I'll ask Crisu to fix it when he wakes up
Last edited by Momo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Revenge Time~
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:39 am

Kordosa wrote:Image
You sir/miss/madam - has just won the interwebz :P . I found it rather amusing when people question other's preferences and hate lists. Heck its THEIR list after all, their are entitled to their own opinion and we should respect that :) .
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge

Post by Jack_Rav » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Manically reducing the number of spoilers there are to prevent similar occurrences to your post, Momo~ I missed an end spoiler tag in my 'Bakemonogatari' spoiler, so that really put a spanner in the works. Fixed, hopefully..
Momokutenshi wrote:I have so many problems with the execution of AB! it's depressing T-T (and omgYES @ ep 12, that whole ending was so messy it was like wtf) But I do love the concept and what could have been, so I just extrapolated all the characters and wrote them nice backstories in my mind :lol:

Which sadistic plans are these? /can't remember @_@
Bah, you shouldn't have to do the writers' job. ^^; The sadistic plans (and punishments) I'm referring to involve chairs being propelled into roofs and forced starvation of her subordinates. Yeah....
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
defence of YukiShow
Shortened...
Yeah, that's all true but.. I think I hate her because she's so... static? I don't know. If it weren't for the Endless Eight, I would seriously rewatch it (I usually do this if there's someone I really really hate, just because I always feel that there's got to be some reason for <whatever it is that makes me hate them> and I just missed it the first time) but I blame the makers for that (surely they could have thought of a slightly more interesting way to portray what needed be portrayed? If I'd watched it when it aired and had to watch the same episodes for 2 whole fucking months I would have dropped it faster than I did already T-T)
You should rewatch it~ Just skip out the middle 6 episodes and it's all good - nothing's missed. Say what you like about the execution (I entirely agree) but it takes guts for a company to spend over half the series re-animating/drawing the same episodes/similar scenarios. (Heck, at least they weren't that lazy...) The rest of the season is really very good and worth a rewatch based on their merit. You see Kyon standing up to Haruhi...:D
Momokutenshi wrote:Ah-- I hate her in the same way I hate those idiots in dystopias who do nothing. Only more because she actually has the power too, if she weren't so alien (ah ha. ha. :roll: ) and actually had some sense of initiative/self. I think I actually hate the DITE more, but she represents them (more semi-misdirected hate but nehh) and stands for what they do so </3

If Disappearance were longer, (or shorter) then I probably would have been convinced, but it went too long/short to do anything significant for me :( (Ok, I realize that that's a ridiculously confusing sentence: I felt it was too long as a movie, and would have preferred it integrated into a season, where it would be 'longer.' If it had to stay in a movie, I'd rather it had been shorter. I don't really like 2hr+ movies... I have waay too high expectations of them lol)

I hate things I can't empathize with, and the execution of Yuki's moe-ness didn't quite get to me, I suppose... Although I probably wouldn't hate her at all if it weren't for the fact that everyone loves her so much... she'd have just slipped into forgottenness as a character I didn't like loll
I suppose we just differ entirely here; because there is power in theory it doesn't mean that it can be used in practice. Kyon is the only one who has the power to placate Haruhi, tbh I'm not sure what you expect Yuki to do. :lol: We also differ on our reception of the films - to me, the 2hr43mins flashed past. I loved it, and I don't think it would have worked as well as a series. (Getting it on Blu-ray in November for the english dubs as well~ :love: )

I can empathise with the love of Yuki causing you to hate her though. Taiga and Hitagi damn you, although at least Taiga's a 'decent' tsundere...
Momokutenshi wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:I have stumbled across another chance to recommend ARIA! Not watching this after I've expressly recommended it is forbidden! /Aika reference (she's one of the main 3 characters)
ahaha I recognize a few names from exhibition xD
Remind me at the end of the year after my exams and assignments and whatnot and I'll watch it :P
When do your exams finish? *reminder to put reminder in my signature* :love:
Momokutenshi wrote:
BakemonogatariShow
Also I think she'd gotten to the point where she'd lost faith in anyone and everyone: so many people had come and gone, saying they could do something, promising they could, but ultimately being incapable of it and disappointing her... she was just so over it. No one could ever hope to understand, or fix it, it was a waste of time trying, and 99.999% of people who did try, and failed would just walk away afterwards (this based on real life, and even small things, not necessarily just in the context of the anime)... sort of like how Kanade was in AB! with regards to making friends. What little humanity there may have been left in her would probably just have been shattered by sheer utter hopelessness. Act cold and invisible, and eventually you will be, and in that invisibility you'll somehow be 'safe.' The possibility of anyone breaking that invisibility (Araragi asking Hanakawa about Hitagi and her past an all), threatens that safe, and for someone who feels nothing, I guess a staple here or there is nothing.

I don't think she fully acknowledged him as someone who would stick by her until that night under the stars. Sort of like, everything before then was a test to see if he would be the first person to actually stay or if he would just flake off like everyone else. I mean, do you trust people immediately/divulge your deepest darkest self to people you don't trust to love you past your faults?
BakemonogatariShow
Again, it appears we differ. I don't/can't comprehend that a lack of emotions/humanity necessarily is followed by the belief that pain inflicted is nothing. Heck, she staples him with the purpose of causing a negative effect on his person so it can't be nothing in the strictest definition of the word. I also doubt whether she's been living long enough for as many to people to go past as you assume there have been for her remaining faith in humanity to be entirely destroyed - isn't there a junior in this anime she's friendly with? (is there?) Besides, the main character 'fixed' her weight problem (sounds like she's anorexic...) so a certain degree of outward trust must surely follow (rather than continual tallkkkiinnnggg...). You see it as a test of his character, whilst I see it as unnecessary frostiness (for want of a stronger word). Now, if we were to see the future where she wasn't so...insert word here...then maybe my opinion of her could be softened (further).
This discussion has made me realise the similarities there seem to be between Kanade/Yuki/Hitagi (at least to me). It's their outward actions which have heavily influenced my opinion of them; perhaps it is because I am ultimately not entirely empathetic towards 'excuses' for at-face-value reprehensible actions.

Also: @Kordosa and Eclairs - I thought ISML was a character-centric forum. It only appears natural to want to delve further into why certain characters are hated/loved. I haven't noticed (or, at least, am not meaning to project) a sense of hostility over the proceedings. I've enjoyed the discussion so far, because it has been a fairly 'serious' in-depth examination. (At least by Momo into the motivations behind certain character's characteristics, it has been interesting to read~ )
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

I hate characters in ending couples when the girl in said couple is not the one I was rooting for since the beggining, hence ruining everything in the series (or like in the case of a certain manga that I got spoilered, made me drop the series completely).
ImageImage
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 am

So much wall of text @_@

Here's my list. Don't take it too seriously, this is mostly a dislike-list with characters I find annoying for some reason. You can't change my opinion, so don't even try and more importantly don't throw rocks and other stuff at me. Fighting over 2D characters is bad, mmmkay? :P

Shana (SnS)
Minase Yuka (11eyes)
Albert de Blois (Gosick)
Cecilia Alcott (IS)
Fujibayashi Ryou (CLANNAD)
Hanamiya Makoto (Kuroko no Basuke)
Haruna (Kore wa Zombie)
Ikari Shinji (NGE)
Ayanami Rei (NGE)
Every single main character from Haruhi except Kyon (SHnY)
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:43 am

Yakuman wrote:Cecilia Alcott (IS)
Good to know I'm not the only one. (: