Blizzard

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Blizzard

Post by Eater-of-All » Mon May 18, 2009 2:27 am

(Blizzard Entertainment is the creator of the Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft franchises)

Have you ever played any of their games (actually, you're weird if you haven't)? What are your experiences with them? Are you excited about Starcraft II and Diablo III? Do you lament your lvl 99 Summoning Necromancer that you abandoned when you quit Diablo?

For me, I'm a casual fan of their games, which includes Diablo II and Warcraft III. Because of my lack of video game consoles, Warcraft III (+TFT) has been my main source of gaming for these past 6 years, though I still suck at RTS part of it orz. My interactions with Diablo II (+LOD) has been sporadic, usually only playing for a little while at the start of new ladders and abandoning it after it evolves into economic management. I'm also anticipating Starcraft II heavily, as it'll probably be my new home after WoW has cut off my Warcraft link.
SpoilerShow
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Re: Blizzard

Post by Fate » Mon May 18, 2009 2:46 am

The first time I've played Starcraft: Brood War single player was when I was about 9, it was fun. I played on Battle.net when I was 11. I've played Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne single player and gotta say - the story is amazing. I still have my Diablo II: LoD accounts but I'm on and off with it.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Mon May 18, 2009 3:18 am

Fate wrote:The first time I've played Starcraft: Brood War single player was when I was about 9, it was fun. I played on Battle.net when I was 11. I've played Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne single player and gotta say - the story is amazing. I still have my Diablo II: LoD accounts but I'm on and off with it.
Oh yeah I love the story! I looked into the Warcraft lore a while ago and I found that nearly every plot point is astonishingly consistent, from
WarcraftShow
Medivh opening the portal of Outland in WCI to him returning to rectify this mistake in WCIII, Ner'zhul leading the orcs in WCI & II to becoming the Lich King in WCIII, and even the stuff about Sargeras.
One of the reasons why it's so regrettable not playing WoW is that I can no longer experience this plot firsthand anymore.
SpoilerShow
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Mon May 18, 2009 3:33 am

Well I've played Starcraft (went a bit far in the story of it but not on the expansion), and played a little bit of Diablo II. Warcraft II and III and it's expansion had a great story in single player!
Still I think I'm more of a casual player of their games.... not much into playing against others or training against the computer... more into the story so I usually only plain to finish single player.
Well the story for Diablo III seems to be amazing... the one for Stracaft 2 I don't know...
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Mon May 18, 2009 8:32 am

played every game.

The quality became worse and worse though and money became more and more central for them culminated in WoW, so I stopped.
Val
Uguu~
Uguu~
Worships: Fate Testarossa

Post by Val » Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Played most of them, I just missed the first two Warcraft.

I spent 3 years on Diablo 2 / LoD so yeah, I liked it. But I coulnd't play it anymore now. I guess I've played it too much. And I mostly played sorceress, I kinda loved them ^^

And I'm still a fan of Starcraft, must be my favorite Blizzard game. I've yet to see another RTS with such a perfectly balenced gameplay.

Warcraft 3... the solo mode was cool, sometimes more like a RPG than a RTS, but I didn't like that much the regular online play. The game relies too much on the almighty Heroes, and I don't like that in a RTS. Story-wise it was cool (not really original though) but for some reason I preferred Starcraft on that point too.

I tried WoW, not a for long time though. i'm not really in MMORPG to begin with, but I found this one quite boring.

For the future games, I look forward to Starcraft 2, but I don't like the fact that they'll make it in 3 games. I'll probably buy the first one anyway. And Diablo 3 doesn't really appeal me, seems like a D2 with slightly better graphics and... that's all :/
Eisdrache
Translator
Translator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by Eisdrache » Wed May 27, 2009 10:25 am

I spent looooooooooooooooots of time in StarCraft, havent played the other two. Im not really in PC-Games, but SC seems never to stop being interesting in singleplayer and all those different mulitplayer maps.
Smasher
Alchemist
Alchemist

Post by Smasher » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:32 pm

I used to spend some time on Starcraft back when nobody had internet at home and everyone was spending most of their time in internetcafes.

Other then that I've played Warcraft III and World of Warcraft, especially WoW for quite some time, from American and European beta until 1 year ago when I quit the game.

Mildly interested as to how Diablo III and Starcraft II will turn out tho.
Sakurei
Bandit
Bandit
Worships: Fate Testarossa (& Flandre Scarlet)
Wish: to become better at everything x)

Post by Sakurei » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:34 pm

never played starcraft and diablo sucked after a while...warcraft tht was the only one that I played longer than a year...3 1/2, after that it became boring xD