PlayStation 4

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Melon Pan: 50

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Teaspoon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:01 am

I'm still not sure right now if I'll be getting a PS4 soon. I have never touched a PS3 and I'll probably be getting one by the end of the year. If that keeps me busy for 2-3 years then I might just hold off on next gen.
chaosprophet wrote:I'm really interested in the PS4, but whether I buy it early will depend on the price here. Problem with Brasil is, we have very heavy import taxes (around 90%) especially things like games and electronics. And then you add shipping and others we tend to get things for more than twice the price here. To shown an example, the X-Box One official price here will be R$2200 (around 1100 dollars). The PS4 price have yet to be announced. Some time ago Sony said they wanted to release it here for less than R$1000(around $500) which would be an awesome price for here. but to do that they would have to take a loss on each consoles sales here, so it's a bit unlikely. Still hoping for at least something on the R$1500 range. We will probably get the official price here in later October.

And regarding the console wars, so far I always went with Sony and Nintendo rather than MS, which main reason is that almost any XBOX game that don't come to a PS that I had interest in also was out on PC, and I also have a PC as I need it for more things than just gaming. Also lately Sony exclusives caught my interest, with the awesomeness that was Last of Us.
Could you import one? I'm assuming there's some sort of hang-up with that otherwise everyone would just buy cheaper stuff from other regions. But I don't see why not.
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 am

Teaspoon wrote:Could you import one? I'm assuming there's some sort of hang-up with that otherwise everyone would just buy cheaper stuff from other regions. But I don't see why not.
Importing needs a few things like an international credit card, it still ends very expensive, as the shipping would be from $50-$100, and then the 90% import taxes is over both the product price and shipping price. so at beast around $900, and with the disadvantage of having no warranty, which is risky when you have things that expensive.
Fuyuhotaru
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki
Wish: nendos pls~

Post by Fuyuhotaru » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:45 am

no word from Sony Malaysia
and I don't buy stuffs at launch anyways
Ar nosurge is for PS3 so I can afford to wait
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 am

Teaspoon wrote:
Hachiko wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:
Hachiko wrote:I will wait until EA Sports NCAA Football can be supported on the PS4, since it's a PS3 game. Unless the PS4 can play PS3 games?
Na, Sony and MS won't be doing backwards compatibility next generation, and probably not ever again due to digital downloads of previous titles.

It sucks but it's kind of understandable. Especially in Sony's case where going from Cell architecture to more standard PC-like architecture probably wouldn't allow them to keep their $399 price point with backwards compat.
Looks like I will have to wait for NCAA Football 15 to come out before I can switch to the PS4, then.
Oh I'm assuming '14 will be cross-gen or at least available for download. Especially with how hard both Sony and MS have been pushing EA sports games. I know Madden 25 will be a cross-gen.
Sorry, guys. But it's been canceled for now.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:01 am

"Today, Sony revealed that PlayStation 4 will cost a staggering R$3,999 in Brazil when it launches this November (R$ is the symbol for the Brazilian Real, that country’s currency). Based on current exchange rates, that’s equivalent to $1,849.85 (or £1,355.32, or €1,146.65, or ¥180,894.39)."

Time to buy about 25 and make a trip?
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 pm

I'll buy an extra one and send it to you tsp
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 pm

The price is so absurd (even R$3000 would be more plausible although still way too expensive) that some people are wondering whether it may be a joke. Anyway they will get a lot of questions on the Brasil Game Show in a week.
Exxin
Bard
Bard

Post by Exxin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Teaspoon wrote:"Today, Sony revealed that PlayStation 4 will cost a staggering R$3,999 in Brazil when it launches this November (R$ is the symbol for the Brazilian Real, that country’s currency). Based on current exchange rates, that’s equivalent to $1,849.85 (or £1,355.32, or €1,146.65, or ¥180,894.39)."

Time to buy about 25 and make a trip?
That is just ridiculous. It might even be cheaper to just fly out of the country and buy one
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Exxin wrote:That is just ridiculous. It might even be cheaper to just fly out of the country and buy one
It's not might, it is cheaper to go there and buy one. It is much cheaper even to just go and order it on amazon. Right now it would cost $800 already with shipping and taxes accounted. And would reach you in 5-7 days.
Exxin
Bard
Bard

Post by Exxin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 am

chaosprophet wrote:
Exxin wrote:That is just ridiculous. It might even be cheaper to just fly out of the country and buy one
It's not might, it is cheaper to go there and buy one. It is much cheaper even to just go and order it on amazon. Right now it would cost $800 already with shipping and taxes accounted. And would reach you in 5-7 days.
I see. I didn't know what air ticket prices would be there. They can't possibly hope to actually sell any in store then...