Movies

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Re: Movies

Post by BugH » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:09 am

Kordosa wrote:
SpoilerShow
As far as the scenes with Paul Walker's character Brian goes, I couldn't really distinguish which scenes were of Paul and those that had either of his two brothers standing in with some CG magic.
Magic in FF7Show
Yes, i can't either recognize which scene was the real Paul or his brothers. But i think the last one was the real Paul, when Dom and Brian met at the red light and took the different way, like want to say goodbye to Paul itself.
And OST of that scene was amazing too, can bring our all memories of Paul in previous FF.

Wiz Khalifa - See You Again (feat.Charlie Puth)
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:24 am

BugH wrote:And OST of that scene was amazing too, can bring our all memories of Paul in previous FF.

Wiz Khalifa - See You Again (feat.Charlie Puth)
Ah, thanks for the artist and song names. I found the official music video on Youtube.
Youtube videoShow
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Second Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer:

Not that I care or anything...
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Kordosa wrote:Second Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer:
SpoilerShow
Not that I care or anything...
Do you think those redesigned Stormtrooper helmets will help them shoot more accurately now? :lol: (Also, they look like cat smiles... :3 )

Anyway...

I'm all hyped up for Avengers: Age of Ultron's premiere over here (April 22). Can't sleep due to the excitement!

On the serious side, I do want to see how this movie will affect the ongoing plot of Agents of SHIELD. And I'm curious whether...
SpoilerShow
...Baron von Strucker and HYDRA will last longer (read: have more screentime) than Smaug did in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2018 Female Favorite: Yaya
Wish: To tell the fans of Porsche, Subaru, Honda, Chevrolet, Can-Am On-Road and ROG Phone and ROG Phone 2 to join ISML and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:55 am

I already watched The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin! Image From my secret santa
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:29 am

It turns out that my brother and his buddies wanted to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron on IMAX, so I decided to tag along. (With a big movie like this, might as well up the ante.) Worth it. (I even got a free poster!)

I'll only spoil two things though.

First off, you know when Joss Whedon said there will be no post-credits scene (like the shawarma scene at the end of The Avengers)?
SpoilerShow
He wasn't lying on that one. (Though I dunno if that will be the case for the US premiere on May 1.)
And second, Samuel L. Jackson saying his role in the film as Nick Fury is but a mere cameo?
SpoilerShow
He actually does more than that in helping the Avengers.
Oh, and regarding that one thing I was curious about...
SpoilerShow
...Baron von Strucker and some of his HYDRA henchmen did last a little longer than Smaug. :P
TL;DR: A satisfying and enjoyable sequel to the original Avengers film (and to most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 2 movies in general), despite the darker tone and a slightly bittersweet ending that sets up the MCU's Phase 3 films.

Four stars.

Next up on the MCU: Ant-Man.

"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Sun May 03, 2015 6:39 am

Avengers: Age of UltronShow
A good movie full packed with action, the comedy parts were good, though it has a bittersweet ending is a worth watch movie
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Tue May 05, 2015 2:55 am

Ex-MachinaShow
It was pretty good.
I kept whispering to my uncle "is this gonna be a horror movie?" and i was right
not a super big fan of the ideas of androids
android x human is kinda a weird idea for me to wrap my head around (but then again, i'm super obsessed with 2-D bishies so who am I to talk)
anyway, my biggest pet peeve was why a billionaire genius had to use a key card to get to the various rooms in his own house. CMAAAN NO EYE SCANNER OR FACIAL RECOGNITION??
thank you santa
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Wish: To tell the fans of Porsche, Subaru, Honda, Chevrolet, Can-Am On-Road and ROG Phone and ROG Phone 2 to join ISML and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 pm

I am going to watch Tomorrowland on May 22. It's going to be awesome!
SpoilerShow

Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:58 am

Back from watching Ant-Man.
SpoilerShow
A pretty fun movie to watch, despite being different in tone and perspective compared to say, Captain America: The Winter Soldier or Guardians of The Galaxy. But despite being different in tone and perspective, Ant-Man contains plenty of continuity nods, mythology gags, and foreshadowing for the MCU's Phase 3 films. (More on that later...)

Anyway, I totally liked how Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) parallel each other in the "father-daughter relationship" department, and was quite amused with some of the uses of the Pym Particle--and by that, I'm not referring to what Darren Cross (Corey Stoll) does or plans to do with it.

If there was anything I didn't like about the movie, it's the "heard from the grapevine" gags from Luis (Michael Peña), because holy s**t, the guy talks too fast. (Well, the subtitles for the home video release should help greatly with comprehending what he says in those scenes.)

That said--and going back to the subject of the MCU's Phase 3 films--if you were disappointed that Avengers: Age of Ultron didn't have the traditional mid- and post-credits stingers, then rejoice... The stingers return in Ant-Man. If I had to narrow it down to just one reason why you should watch Ant-Man, at the very least, watch it for the post-credits stinger.
Four stars.
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:

Post by RichardJoash » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:28 am

Good thing I already watched Minions.
SpoilerShow

Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 am

I'm an unabashed Marvel Cinematic Universe loyalist, but I do admit that I'm excited for the Deadpool movie next year.

Deadpool going meta and making a trailer for the trailer:

"Green Band" trailer:

(Can't post the "Red Band" trailer for obvious reasons. You'll have to search for it yourselves. :P)
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:59 pm

And now for something a little more safe for work (and more on the MCU side of things)... The first trailer for Captain America: Civil War:

Also watched Spectre weeks ago, although...
SpoilerShow
...the twist that James Bond and Blofeld are brothers* made me chuckle, Gee, I've seen this twist somewhere before... :lol: Also, SPECTRE (the organization) apparently took some notes from HYDRA and had a mole working within the British government.

Oh well, at least I got to see some cool cars (the Aston-Martin DB10, Land Rover Defenders and Mr. Hinx's Jaguar CX75), and the action sequences were quite good (especially the cold open in Mexico City). And strangely enough, I kinda liked the rather melancholic song by Sam Smith ("Writing's On The Wall"). The opening credits itself, on the other hand...
"I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going..." ._.
(* - Technically, foster brothers, but still...)

Four stars.
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:

Post by RichardJoash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Elvinsky wrote:And now for something a little more safe for work (and more on the MCU side of things)... The first trailer for Captain America: Civil War:

Also watched Spectre weeks ago, although...
SpoilerShow
...the twist that James Bond and Blofeld are brothers* made me chuckle, Gee, I've seen this twist somewhere before... :lol: Also, SPECTRE (the organization) apparently took some notes from HYDRA and had a mole working within the British government.

Oh well, at least I got to see some cool cars (the Aston-Martin DB10, Land Rover Defenders and Mr. Hinx's Jaguar CX75), and the action sequences were quite good (especially the cold open in Mexico City). And strangely enough, I kinda liked the rather melancholic song by Sam Smith ("Writing's On The Wall"). The opening credits itself, on the other hand...
"I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going..." ._.
(* - Technically, foster brothers, but still...)

Four stars.
I haven't watched before...
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Late post here, but I watched The Force Awakens back in January, and I wasn't really all that impressed. Certain parts had a fan film vibe, and some of the in-universe technical aspects violated what I had learned from the Expanded Universe (now branded Legends).

I'm a bit more interested in the standalone Rogue One film that comes out this December though, since it's supposed to have an entirely different feel from the other movies.

Separately, a couple of months ago I watched both Wall-E and Ratatouille for the first time and enjoyed both.
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:35 am

Just got back from seeing the new Jason Bourne movie with my dad to celebrate his birthday.

Out of the series, the only one that I'd watched previously in its entirety was The Bourne Supremacy, back when it was released in theaters, so I'm probably missing a lot from the overall narrative concerning the main character's background.....

I also plan to catch up on the Star Trek reboot movies (since I didn't watch either of them) before seeing Star Trek Beyond.
QuotesShow
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:51 am

I found Dory .^.
><> <><