Movies

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2018 Female Favorite: Yaya
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To tell the fans of Porsche, Subaru, Honda, Chevrolet, Can-Am On-Road and ROG Phone and ROG Phone 2 to join ISML and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Re: Movies

Post by RichardJoash » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm going to watch Transformers: Age Of Extinction today
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin! Image From my secret santa
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:08 pm

RichardJoash wrote:I'm going to watch Transformers: Age Of Extinction today
I went and saw this today. Not a Transformers fan, so I can't say much, but it wasn't bad. Was fun to see the 'ancient' transformers. And we know there's going to be another, they made sure to put the tie into there.
SpoilerShow
The smoking robot was amusing, and I'm pretty sure the samurai transformer wasn't there in the original.
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Recently watched Transformers: Age Of Extinction.
Not as good as I expected.
ImageImage
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Watched Snowpiercer. Eh.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:41 am

Re watching "Constantine" with my friends
That "Lou" is really something
hahaha.....
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 am

Finally got my ticket for the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere on July 31 and I'm excited as heck. :bigsmile: Just one more day...

In the meantime:
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies teaser trailerShow
Fury trailerShow

- Lt. Aldo Raine is now killin' Natzees...with a tank! And yes, that's an actual working Tiger tank borrowed from The Tank Museum (formerly the Bovington Tank Museum).
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 am

Just came back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

A welcome cosmic addition--or rather, expansion--to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Four and a half stars. I would have downright given it a five, if only...
post-credits stingerShow
...Cosmo the Space Dog talked. But it was still funny since I didn't expect freaking Howard the Duck to appear. (Especially after the last time he appeared in a movie...)
And now for something completely different... The Philippine premiere dates for the two (yes, two*) sequels to the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie:

- Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno - August 20
- Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends - September 24

(* - Turns out the trailer I previously posted was for both films.)

Well, the only movie remaining on my checklist is The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, but I might give both Rurouni Kenshin movies (and Fury) a look. Still undecided with The Expendables 3 and Sin City: A Dame To Kill For--if the latter ever gets released here...
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Official teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1:

It comes out on my birthday! (in the US)
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
byrdwil
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Wish: verification

Post by byrdwil » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:57 am

I will be seeing this movie tomorrow

Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:21 am

And some big news for Pinoy Rurouni Kenshin fans (also confirmed on the Saturday/August 2 edition of the Philippine Daily Inquirer):

https://www.facebook.com/notes/warner-b ... 2063412171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/167649/st ... -to-manila" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sadly, I'm not sure if I can attend, so I hope this gets covered on the local TV news.
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy. It was a very good movie
ImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Took a much-needed break and saw Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno on its premiere day.

Some pragmatic changes to a few scenes and character backstories (*cough*Aoshi*cough*), not to mention it ends on a cliffhanger. Still, the story is a faithful live-action adaptation of the first half of the Kyoto Arc. (Man, I can't wait for September 24th.)
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:32 am

I finally got a chance to watch Frozen.
Comments; including MAJOR plot spoilersShow
I thought this was a pretty good movie. Although, I got the feeling there was more singing in this one compared to some past Disney movies. It didn't bother me too much though since I'll admit that I don't mind musicals and such even if I'm not a diehard fan of them. (My first exposure to musicals was watching live performances of both 42nd Street and Thoroughly Modern Milly as part of the Honors Program at my community college about 10 years ago.) Anyway, I actually preferred Anna to Elsa and enjoyed Anna's songs more, probably because she's much more upbeat and optimistic while Elsa goes all emo. I also liked the fact that Anna turned out to actually be the main protagonist instead of Elsa. And there were some other tropes that were not played straight or were subverted which was nice.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 am

True love doesn't necessarily have to be romanticShow
In this case, it was Elsa's familial love that allowed Anna to defrost.

Well, at least I can understand all the fuss about Frozen now...even though I did get spoilered about Prince Hans being a manipulative a-hole. -_-
And I had "Let It Go" stuck in my head...at least until I watched The LEGO Movie afterwards... ("Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team! Everything is awesome...when we're living our dream!" :lol:)

Anyway...here's the trailer for Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends:

And the "Special Highlight" trailer (obviously contains spoilers for the cliffhanger ending of Kyoto Inferno):
SpoilerShow

Hiko Seijuro!! *squees*
Sauce.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For was just released in local theaters on August 27, but I'll probably just wait until it's released on DVD. From the general consensus on Rotten Tomatoes, A Dame To Kill For seems to have less impact compared to the first Sin City film. The fact that A Dame To Kill For was in development hell (It took nine years for the sequel to premiere?) certainly didn't help matters.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 am

Saw Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends today. Still an epic ending to an epic trilogy despite the fact that...
SpoilerShow
...except for Anji and maybe Usui, most of the Juppongatana (Ten Swords) were basically demoted to extras/living props. Usui (who originally manages to injure Saito Hajime in the anime) gets one-shotted by Saito's Gatotsu in the movie.

Meanwhile, Anji does fight Sanosuke (albeit aboard the Rengoku), but Sano proves to be more pragmatic in combat than his anime incarnation. (Case in point: Kicking Anji in the bawls.)
...and these bits of fridge logic:
SpoilerShow
How the hell did Shishio and the crew of the Rengoku not notice the coastal battery that was being built dangerously close to the ship? Or maybe they did notice, but is it because of "honor before reason"? They're thugs who want to take over Japan, for crying out loud! There's no need for that honor s**t! One good way to show how much of a threat they are is for them to bombard that coastal battery before it is completed. It would have given the final battle at the climax that extra dose of deperation, too.

Also, I was mentally yelling "Run, you idiots!" when the townsfolk didn't believe the news that an ironclad was just lying offshore.
That said, these scenes were faithful to the anime:
SpoilerShow
- Kenshin begging (and eventually training with) his master (Hiko Seijuro) to learn the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū's ultimate technique.
- Shishio taking a bite out of Kenshin.
- Sano, Saito and Aoshi fighting against Shishio.
- And Shishio spontaneously combusting after going past his 15-minute combat limit.
I did miss a few scenes though, so I'll try and buy the DVD when it comes out.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:18 am

Here's the first official teaser trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron:

Dat Hulkbuster... Also, will season 2 of Agents of SHIELD tie into this somehow?
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I watched Book of Life. It's quite interesting and got lots of great jokes too! It's definitely worth your time if any of you enjoyed good animated movies :"3
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.
DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Oh. My. Gosh.
Big Hero 6Show
Tadashi. TADASHIIIII. TADAAAAASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! ;u;
I fell in love with him during the previews, but the previews could not showcase the full amazingness he displayed in the film.
This is totally one of my favorite Disney movies<3
I like how "nerdy" it was, and I could totally relate on a dork level. (;
Helped me remember why I wanted to pursue engineering in the first place!
P.S. my favorite non-Tadashi character was Go-Go, but I really loved all the characters. Even the aunt was amazing.
P.P.S. If you're going to watch it, stay for the credits because the little clip it the end is SO WORTH
Tamako Love StoryShow
Mochizou, I love you. Marry me. Have my babies. JK. But really.
Mochizou was such a cutie, as per usual. I could not stop slapping Shira while watching it because it was so cute.
I liked seeing Tamako all flustered. It was pretty funny. But the end scene omg.
I SCREAMED SO LOUDLY I CANT
thank you santa
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:32 am

Tamako Love StoryShow
Ohmygod Tamako is so cute. Her reaction to Mochizou's confession is so freaking adorable and I'm just glad she actually does have feelings for him in the end. That confession with the cup phones was so hhhnnnnngggggghhhhh. <3 God I'm just glad they're canon now. I ship them so hard.
Big Hero 6Show
OH. MY. JESUS. TADASHI NOOOOOO ;___________; God. I love all the characters in this movie though. Baymax and GoGo Tomago especially. Would've been nice to hear the four kids' actual names, though. Lol at Wasabi's reason for his nickname. Actually, just lol at him. He's such a dork. Fred is funny too. Overall it's a nice remake of the original Marvel comic.

Also, watch the after-credits scene. Do it. It will be worth it. God bless Marvel-style.
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Big Hero 6Show
Disney, why do you have to make every character an orphan