Pokémon

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Pokémon

Post by blaZofgold » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

How do we not have a Pokemon thread? This is a disgrace!

Please list your top 10 favorite Pokemon of all time, with reasons! They do not have to be in any specific order. Also, what games do you own, epic Pokemon moments, # of Feebas caught, etc.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam
Worships: Mutual respect
2017 Female Favorite: Rem
2017 Male Favorite: Yato
Wish: To improve

Re: Pokemon

Post by Eibbor82 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:30 pm

I feel sad the title doesn't have the accented e. It's Alt+ (numberpad) 0223

Also, here's a free copypasta if you're lazy: é
ImageImage
"Seriously, who wants to be chained down?"
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Lol, we really had no Pokémon thread.
My first game was gold, but I was just messing around as I was really young.
I played Platinum the most I think, I loved that one. Gen V and VI were fine games but not that memorable sadly.
(I also liked Pokémon Ranger 1 for some reason lol)
My top 10 I guessShow
1. Piplup (Empoleon) - I had a level 100 Empoleon called Pip, I love him :3
2. Lucario - I like him, but also because of his SSBB appearance
3. Garchomp - So OP, much win
4. Totodile! - Is awesome >:( (My starter in Gold)
5. Ampharos - Who doesn't love this one?
6. Bidoof - Because he is the best
7. Scyther/Scizor - I always liked his design
8. Mudkip - Mud! Kip! Mud! Kip!
9. Flygon - He was on the box art for Pokémon Ranger, I think I started liking him for that lol
10. Gligar - I had one in Gold. I also really like how he got a nice evolution in gen 4
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm

I started playing when Diamond and Pearl was released.
Games I've ownedShow
Diamond
Pearl
FireRed
SoulSilver
HeartGold
Black
White
Black2
White2
Y
Crystal
Red Rescue Team
Blue Rescue Team
Explorers of Time
Trozei
Dream Radar
Ranger: Shadows of Almia

....I think there's more, but I can't remember :<
Top 10 PokémonShow
1. Gardevoir
2. Scizor
3. False Prophet Flareon
4. Krookodile
5. Ninetails
6. Glaceon
7. Omanyte PRAISE HELIX
8. Archeops
9. Yveltal
10. Venomoth the All Terrain Dragon Slayer
ImageImage
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Re: Pokémon

Post by kanohistorm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:12 pm

I only beaten the game (red) once. Reason being that I don't like starting things from scratch again (just ask Jerro what levels my alts in gw 2 are :P)

team: (apologies in advance for spelling errors)
Charizard
Fearow
Clefable (RNG ftw)
Arcanine
Starmie (with Thunder TM)
Zapdos

no, I did not catch Mewtwo cause I accidentally chucked the masterball at a wild gloom. lol
spoiler alert :3
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

1. Ampharos - I have an Amphy in every game~! Amphy is so happy and sweet and awesome!
2. Lapras - My Lapras was called Innes and I definitely had a crush on him.
3. Roserade - Thank you beautiful Roserade for Toxicking Cynthia's Milotic to oblivion <3 I imagine Roserade to be extremely sadistic. Also I still use her even when I pick a grass starter.

Also MIMI GOAT and Mewtwo WHO I AM ALSO ATTRACTED TO
I MEAN LOOK AT THIS (SPOILERS)Show
HAVE YOU EVER CUT APART A BUILDING WITH A SPOON

Whoa I forgot about Archeops I am adding Archeops to my list of favouritest Pokmans because I was doing that crazy thing I did which was playing the games looking up stuff, and I had Archen and I liked it but I needed a Poke that could use Fly so I was literally on my way to dump it in the PC forever when I got stuck in a random battle and then my Archen levelled up and then it evolved and then I taught Archeops fly and it was great
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:46 pm

I've only played the first 3 gens so my list is limited

My top 10 favorite pokemon:
1. Gloom - <3 So cute, so adorable, such a good grass type.
2. Azumarill - <3 Adorable and water type
3. Cyndaquil - <3 Adorable, favorite starter
4. Lapras - Such a good pokemon, pretty cute too
5. Tyranitar- Fucking AWESOME pokemon.
6. Celebi - He messes with time. That makes him awesome.
7. Zapdos - Battery Jesus OP
8. Omastar - I have always loved Helix <3
9. Venusaur - My favorite grass type starter
10. Altaria - Adorable and so good
Last edited by Desufire on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Post by Darth Blitzer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Certainly a major part of my childhood. Gold/Silver probably wasted much of my life away, but I have no regrets. Otherwise I'm part of that stereotypical "Started with Gen I, peaked at Gen II, was sorta falling out of it by Gen III" crowd. I did play a bit of Gen IV, but wasn't terribly impressed by it.

Probably the greatest moment I recall was during my first time playing LeafGreen. I had been uncharacteristically lazy in that playthrough. I used to grind myself to the point where the elite four was a cakewalk in older games. This time around though, my team, while competently arranged (Or well, as competent as someone who normally just picks the pokemon he likes can be).............. Was pretty badly under leveled when I fought the elite four. I just remember having this absurd grind out battle with Gary/Blue/Rival that came down to both of us only having one member of our teams left. My Vaporeon against his Charizard, and winning it with barely any health left.

That and one time a girl in my class got lost in Rock Tunnel, lacking a party member with Flash, and I helped get her out to the exit based on pure obsessive childhood memorization. Uh, point is, i'm still forever alone.

Top-10 Favorites
1. Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur - My favored of the original trio during my original Yellow playthrough, and consequently saw a great deal of use through all my gen-I and II playthroughs. Probably the "weakest" of the original starters, not helped by being part poison during a gen that was absurdly dominated by psychic types. Still have a great deal of fondness for him and his evolutions and I oft add him to my rosters on my Emerald rom.
2. Ho-Oh - Probably my favorite of the legendary designs. I also assume his name enshrines him as the defender of Pokemon Christmas (Ho-Oh Ho, Merry Mewmas). That or big pimpin'.
3. Gyardos - He looks freaking awesome, even if I will always be confused by his dual Water/Flying type (I mean yes, he is levitating, or at least was in the Stadium games........ but......... how. I guess this is less absurd than Tropius). Also, the idea of a worthless weak thing like Magikarp evolving into an awesome terrifying dragon thing appealed greatly to ten year old Darth Blitzer. Perhaps one day, I too could go from weak nerd to sociopath warlord who strikes fear into his enemies. A boy has a right to dream.
4. Umbreon - My favorite of the Eeveelution's. It was a fun (if somewhat annoying) use of the day/night mechanic to base evolutions off time. Probably not anywhere near as good as Espeon, and unfortunately lacked a flexible move set, but was awesome looking at least. So that's gotta count for something?
5. Raichu, or otherwise American Pikachu is hardcore. At least he feels like a more tough hardcore "Americanized" version of Pikachu. I mean he is Lt.Surge's signature pokemon. What i'm saying is that i'm quite sure there is an anti-American satirical conspiracy here that only exists in my mind, and is completely unjustified considering that pretty much everything else in the games goes from cute to hardcore to horror.
6. Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion - My favorite of the second gen starter group, and obviously my choice as a kid when I first played Gold version.
7. Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - The original ghosts, who also got crippled by their unfortunate sharing of the poison type. I remember enjoying using Hypnosis/Dream Eater a lot as a kid, when I thought of it as a far more effective combo than it probably actually is. I also really liked their "Creepy Fun" sort of character designs a lot.
8. Chinchou/Lanturn - I always liked having this guy on my team. For whatever reason, Water/Electric seemed like a really good type combination to me as a child playing through Gen II.
9. Marill - Really freaking cute looking, also makes this list for inspiring all those "Pikablu" Wild Mass Guessing rumors that ran around during the pre-Gen II days because of the leaked artwork.
10. Leaf, I'd catch her in my pokeball. Other witty innuendo's
10. Treecko Image No. Go away you derpy geico mascot.
10. Pidgeot - That wonderful flowing hair, also my forever Fly slave.

Honorary mention - Sharpedo, for being a terrifying shark-torpedo hybrid
ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:13 am

My first introduction to Pokemon was in 2001, right after I first moved to America from China. I had just recently made a neighborhood friend and strolled into his living room to find him hunched over...some plastic thingie. It was turquoise, it was small, and stuff was moving on a screen that it had...I saw this big bird on the left side, and then these big impact circle things appeared over the right side creature and it sunk to the ground.

Naturally, it was really confusing. But also pretty cool. And now, to think that seeing a Pidgeot using Wing Attack would inspire me to dedicate my free time to a hobby that has lasted me over 13 years.

My first game was Pokemon Crystal on my Gameboy Color (Turquoise). I ended up losing that game, but managed to get a Pokemon Silver to make up for it later. After that, I managed to acquire Ruby, Sapphire (lost), SoulSilver, and finally Black. My parents disapprove of me gaming, so I naturally couldn't play that many games. I never did get a Pokemon to level 100 yet, the closest was my level 81 Sceptile.

My top 10 (in no particular order):

1. Notch-eared Pichu - because nothing is cuter and sweeter and awesomer
2. Flareon - out of all the eeveelutions, I loved Flare the best. I'm deeply saddened to see its name slandered in the recent turn of events
3. Flygon - best dragon
4. Ledian - best bug, Vivillon is second. I loved ladybugs as a child, they were fun to play with and watch
5. Bellossom - best flower Pokemon
6. Togetic - I don't know why, but I just have this thing for the Togepi family. I love them more than I should...
7. Castform - Teru Teru Boozu~~~ Weathermancers are really cool
8. Absol - I like the Pokemon's idea, backstory, and graphical design
9. Lopunny - Kung Fu Bunny
10. Talonflame - This is a FIRE BIRD. FIREEEE BIRRRRD

There's so many others I love...it was hard to choose 10 to feature. I have at least 10 more tied with Talonflame.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:36 am

blaZofgold wrote:2. Flareon - out of all the eeveelutions, I loved Flare the best. I'm deeply saddened to see its name slandered in the recent turn of events
If this forum had an upvote feature, you'd get one just for that. I am saddened as well as to the newfound hate for Flareon due to TPP. That's one of two bad things that TPP has done, IMO. The other being people who aren't Pokemon fans starting to hate Pokemon because of the TPP spam.

Also, semi-related, what sort of animals are the Eeveelutions based from? They're like dogs, but they're like cats, but they're like rats, but they're like squirrels, and so many other things. Was their intentions in making the Eeveetions not to base them from something, but to have a Pokemon that evolved in such a way that it was like a mixture of lots of things? I mean, it's not coincidence that Eevee sounds similar to Evolution, and it's the Evolution Pokemon as well. So is it's design sort of an evolution of sorts? Maybe that's why they make more Eeveelutions, not because they can make more but because it's actually evolving.
ImageImage
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 am

Eibbor82 wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:2. Flareon - out of all the eeveelutions, I loved Flare the best. I'm deeply saddened to see its name slandered in the recent turn of events
If this forum had an upvote feature, you'd get one just for that. I am saddened as well as to the newfound hate for Flareon due to TPP. That's one of two bad things that TPP has done, IMO. The other being people who aren't Pokemon fans starting to hate Pokemon because of the TPP spam.

Also, semi-related, what sort of animals are the Eeveelutions based from? They're like dogs, but they're like cats, but they're like rats, but they're like squirrels, and so many other things. Was their intentions in making the Eeveetions not to base them from something, but to have a Pokemon that evolved in such a way that it was like a mixture of lots of things? I mean, it's not coincidence that Eevee sounds similar to Evolution, and it's the Evolution Pokemon as well. So is it's design sort of an evolution of sorts? Maybe that's why they make more Eeveelutions, not because they can make more but because it's actually evolving.
I thought it was a ferretfoxweaselrabbitmongooselynx. They're kinda rare, haven't seen them around lately.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:12 am

blaZofgold wrote:
Eibbor82 wrote:

I thought it was a ferretfoxweaselrabbitmongooselynx. They're kinda rare, haven't seen them around lately.
Obviously you haven't taken a look at Wonder Trade :lol:
You can catch them in Black2, White2, X and Y, and very many people breed the shit out of them it's ridiculous.
ImageImage
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 am

Eibbor82 wrote:If this forum had an upvote feature, you'd get one just for that.
That would be the worst thing ever! XD
Just stick to saying things like SUGOI or WUUUT THAT'S SO EPIC or DAMN DAT POST as a reply~
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am

Eibbor82 wrote:
Well, to be fair, it's really justified. Flareon is considered the worst eeveelution competitively for obvious reasons. (It getting a buffed attack stat which is all near useless before Gen 4 when Fire was Special only (Flareon is still bad post Gen IV since it only can learn 1 Physical Fire attack naturally (Fire Fang) and only a couple other physical fire attacks via TMs))
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Desufire wrote:
Eibbor82 wrote:
Well, to be fair, it's really justified. Flareon is considered the worst eeveelution competitively for obvious reasons. (It getting a buffed attack stat which is all near useless before Gen 4 when Fire was Special only (Flareon is still bad post Gen IV since it only can learn 1 Physical Fire attack naturally (Fire Fang) and only a couple other physical fire attacks via TMs))
All the more reason to support a Pokemon that GameFreak decided to gimp for no apparent reason while all his other eeveelution brethren are happily fulfilling their niches in RU, UU, and OU.
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:19 pm

http://delano-laramie.deviantart.com/gallery/8218993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cutest Pokmans arts in the whole entire world <3
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:59 am

So I got X, blaz I need dat frand code.

Also i have 1 badge and my party consists of like 9 main pokemon I switch out with until I decide on a final team.

Level 21 Braixen "Pizza" - Starter
Level 21 Frogadier
Level 20 Ralts "Cabbage"
Level 17 Pancham " Plum"
Level 14 Honedge "Bistro Knife"
Level 21 Gloom "Gloomish"
Level 22 Ivysaur "Spring Roll" - 2nd Starter
Level 23 Azumarill "Blueberry" - Annoying to level from Azurill to Marill

HM Slave Sneasel
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 am

I DONT HAVE X T.T
OR Y
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 am

Oh, Desu, I can get you Speed Boost Torchics, among a small list of other Hidden Ability Pokemon. I can also get you nearly any non-legendary Pokemon, since my Pokedex is near full completion so I have most everything ;P

Same goes for the rest of us with X/Y. If I don't actually have it in my boxes, I'll get it there within a day, probably. Just no shinies, legendaries, or specific nature/IV/EV/level plz :<

Outrageous requests are outrageous. You know what you're asking when you ask it.
ImageImage
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 am

I will never ask for something over 5 levels above my average party level while I am still trying to beat the game: Exception, HM Slaves, pokemon required to show to someone for some odd item (example electric type for oran berry for guy in santalune), useless pokemon like Ditto. Poke eggs