Touhou game series

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: Touhou game series

Post by Kordosa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:48 am

Well, it doesn't really work anymore since it's not 2009, but Happy ⑨ Day 2011, everyone.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Kordosa wrote:Well, it doesn't really work anymore since it's not 2009, but Happy ⑨ Day 2011, everyone.
The strongest day of them all! XD
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 am

So, I'm on YouTube late at night and this is what I find...

...which is apparently a parody of this skit from Saturday Night Live.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu

Post by Hakurouken » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 pm

^ lol at yukari xD
Also since the topic doesnt seem to be restricted only to the games, Touhou M-1 Grand Prix (東方M-1ぐらんぷり) there have been 4 and a 5th in progress, sadly not all of the skits were subbed.

Most of the jokes are related to touhou or to japanese culture, have a nice laught ^^;
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:40 am

Hakurouken wrote:^ lol at yukari xD
Also since the topic doesnt seem to be restricted only to the games, Touhou M-1 Grand Prix (東方M-1ぐらんぷり) there have been 4 and a 5th in progress, sadly not all of the skits were subbed.

Most of the jokes are related to touhou or to japanese culture, have a nice laught ^^;
Thanks a lot for posting this. I've already seen a few of these but I never got around to sharing them on here... ^^;

So to expand on your post, the doujin circle Yellow Zebra made these manzai skits in the style of mock tournaments with Touhou characters performing for a chance at winning a grand prize.

The Touhou Wiki actually has a list of all of the skits and most of them have actually been English subbed.

I haven't seen everything but a few of my favorites are:
SpoilerShow
2nd Tournament: Meiling/Patchouli

3rd Tournament: Yuyuko/Youmu (you might need to turn up the volume for this one)

5th Tournament: Aya/Hatate + Judging

5th Tournament: Nitori/Hina
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Touhou Seimoe 2011

Post by Kordosa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 am

Well, apparently Touhou is currently holding a moe tournament of their own. I just found it via a link on the Touhou Wiki. It's called Touhou Seimoe, and according to the voting status, it started last month. -_-

The procedure seems a little unwieldy, but since it seems rather low key (highest vote tally in any one match so far is 185), I guess it works. You go to the voting page, enter a captcha to receive a voting code. You have to wait an hour for the code (less if the match period is almost over). Then take that code and post it along with your vote on the voting board. No registration required. I understand the captcha and the one-hour waiting time is probably there to deter bots or multi-voting (but I don't even know if multiple voting is even allowed), but it's still a little unwieldy. Matches are twenty-four hours long and there's a new one every day.

It might be worth it for fun, I guess. I think I'm just spoiled by ISML's format and presentation.

Here's the link to the main page if anyone's interested.
QuotesShow
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 pm

How come I never saw that D:
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze

Post by Hakurouken » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks for sharing!. I had thought of a touhou tourney before but didnt thought there'd be one, will definetly take part on it :D and glad i didnt miss youmu's match. Also, do you know how's Maikaze doing with the project for the next eisode?
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:11 am

Hakurouken wrote:Also, do you know how's Maikaze doing with the project for the next eisode?
Apparently, it's been pushed back until 2012 since it's still in production...
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:53 am

I missed voting for Mokou today. :tearsad: Oh, well. I don't have anything against Alice winning because she is pretty moe.
QuotesShow
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 am

Lol, Reimu and Marisa are already defeated and every member of the Scarlet mansion (Remilia is the most moe in her group so she'll win)
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:05 am

I'm bored so here are some Touhou x Anime OP/ED parodies I found on YouTube.
SpoilerShow
Haruhi Suzumiya ED

Lucky Star OP

Clannad ED

To Love-Ru OP (I found this one by chance... ._. )

Strike Witches ED

K-ON! ED

Bakemonogatari ED

Bakemonogatari 2nd OP

Bakemonogatari 4th OP

Durarara!! 1st ED

Madoka Magica OP

Nichijou 1st OP

Nichijou 2nd OP
QuotesShow
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

I've seen most of them, however I didn't see that K-On one... lol Cirno=Mugi (both sometimes not the smartest, I guess?)

My favorite though is still Bakemonogatari, the characters fit perfectly...
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 am

JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:45 am

;_; You're soooooo much better than me...
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 pm

SpoilerShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 am

Today marks the first day of the second round of Touhou Seimoe 2011. And judging by some of the brackets (and the current match), some of my choices are going to be difficult...
RegalStar wrote:
SpoilerShow
That's a nice video. I never would have expected Reisen II to be featured in a danmaku shooter, even a derivative work.
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:04 am

Today's Seimoe match was really harsh since I like both Yuyuko and Sunny...
QuotesShow
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze

Post by Hakurouken » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Flan gets in instead of Nue, some guy cheated some votes for Nue~ Yay for flan getting back in, but seriously, the frequency of cheating issues in all these kind of competitions (ISML, AST, Bestmoe, etc) leaves me ._.

On a more bright side, in case touhou fans around here havent seen this yet, pv for a second episode of doujin anime Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~Memories of Phantasm~, this time TH11 (subt. animism)

I see youmu ... in a hot spring :love:

High hopes for this one too :3
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hakurouken wrote:Flan gets in instead of Nue, some guy cheated some votes for Nue~ Yay for flan getting back in, but seriously, the frequency of cheating issues in all these kind of competitions (ISML, AST, Bestmoe, etc) leaves me ._.

On a more bright side, in case touhou fans around here havent seen this yet, pv for a second episode of doujin anime Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~Memories of Phantasm~, this time TH11 (subt. animism)

I see youmu ... in a hot spring :love:

High hopes for this one too :3
I wasn't even aware there was cheating going on. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though. -_-

As for the PV, I'm totally excited. I loved what Manpuku Jinja did with the first one, and I loved Yuuhei Satellite's music arrangements. I wonder if there'll be a dub this time since they didn't get around to one for the first one. Also, do you know if they announced roughly when it would be released?
QuotesShow