Touhou game series

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Re: Touhou game series

Post by Fate » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Shini wrote:
Fate wrote:That doujinstyle site removed them off their servers when I had to get a new PC, so I couldn't DL the rest, so I only have a few of its games.
Doujinstyle actually still has them available in the forums, as links to DDL sites -
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index. ... opic=14608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They're at the bottom of the first post. That's how I got the games. (:
Why, ty. Now I have to register..<_<
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou
Melon Pan: 50

Post by LazyCanuck » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:00 am

Mushi wrote:
LazyCanuck wrote:Hahaha
well that WAS Lunatic mode of Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith, unless you have godly skills and Memorization you don't even bother with Lunatic mode >_>
Yeah, I was wondering about the memorization part. You really have to know where to be, each and every time, in some of those patterns, don't you? Hey, does it matter what screen resolution you play on? Seems like lower resolution might make the movements a little more controllable, considering you sometimes only have a few pixels of maneuvering room.

yeah with Hard mode and Lunatic you don't just dodge things on a whim, if you don't know exactly where you have to be during any giving moment you're dead easily. I could say this about stage 4 5 and 6 for Normal mode as well, alot of the game has to do with memorizing patterns so you can make good strategies as to where you need to go and how fast or slow you need to move, or remember how a bullet spam moves. Does it target you directly or does it flying in random directions, just stuff like that.

I'm not totally sure what you're referring too for resolution, the games only work on one resolution i think since it forces it on you. (not totally sure about this though) I have noticed that i can play MUCH better in full screen mode then in a window cause you can see MUCH more as if you've got a magnifying glass over it. Makes maneuvering through tight bullet patterns eazier.
Mushi
Hunter
Hunter
Worships: Shana

Post by Mushi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 am

LazyCanuck wrote: I'm not totally sure what you're referring too for resolution, the games only work on one resolution i think since it forces it on you. (not totally sure about this though) I have noticed that i can play MUCH better in full screen mode then in a window cause you can see MUCH more as if you've got a magnifying glass over it. Makes maneuvering through tight bullet patterns eazier.
I meant the screen resolution of your monitor. If you went from something like 1280x960 down to 1024x768, the game window would be the same fixed resolution (640x480), but it would appear larger because it would fill more of the screen.

I've got a 19" widescreen at 1440x900, so Touhou looks kinda' small. My graphics card/monitor combo only allows the native 1440x900 for widescreen. I can use 1024x768, but it's stretched horizontally. If I try to play Touhou 6 full screen with my usual settings, the game freaks out and starts running fast.

On another note... I installed IaMP and tried it. I had no idea what I was doing... I just started mashing buttons... and I beat the first 3 stages. :lol: Easy mode, of course. Easy is easy, I guess. I'm not much of a gamer, so these things are kinda' new to me. I'm just trying to broaden my horizons and explore the world of Touhou a little more.
Val
Uguu~
Uguu~

Post by Val » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:14 am

melange wrote:
Val wrote:I like Touhou games, but they're too damn hard for me. Embodiment of Scarlet Devil is fine though.
How does that compute? >_>
I don't know ^^'
But for some reason, EoSD seemed a little easier than the others I tried (can't remember which ones though). At least i can pass some levels before dying. On normal mode of course, I tried Lunatic just for fun, didn't even made it until the boss :p
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:

Post by Fate » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:19 am

I believe I fail. I don't even know the controls for Shoot the Bullet. \o/
mrjpark
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Post by mrjpark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Fate. Is that you?!
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:

Post by Fate » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:13 pm

mrjpark wrote:Fate. Is that you?!
Huh¿_¿
No, the Fate I know very well of is perfect in each and every aspect/feature. However, I am full of flaws.
mrjpark
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Post by mrjpark » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:33 am

Oh, I meant are you the Fate from another forum xD If you were you'd know me =[
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:

Post by Fate » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 pm

mrjpark wrote:Oh, I meant are you the Fate from another forum xD If you were you'd know me =[
Oh no, I'm not, I met you yesterday tbh. =D
This is only the forum I'm on as "Fate," everywhere else I go, it's taken. (T__T)
overfunk
Pokémon trainer
Pokémon trainer
Badges:

Post by overfunk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm

My achievements on Touhou include Normal 1CC's on EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF and SA; also PCB Extra, PCB Phantasm and IN Extra. Haven't been playing much recently as this computer keeps getting assorted problems.

As for fandom, I'm just into a few arrange groups (even if my favorite is the game soundtrack), have around 2GB of Touhou doujinshi and official manga but I don't really like MADs of them. Those just like to ruin characters' images.
Seishi wrote:Touhou is incredibly hard, but that's put on by the genre itself. It took me at least a week of two hours per day on PCB easy mode to stop sucking on a regular basis. Imperishable Night is STILL the only game I've 1cc'd on normal, though I have not really tried a whole lot in the past half year or so. The game literally desensitized me after a good while, so the frustration of constantly dying didn't get to me as much as other games. I still have flashes of that dying SFX in my head every now and then...

Oh the fanon, the fanon...it's retardedly huge. It's so massive it has its own significant gravitational pull which I cannot escape.
Oh I even had a time period when I put that SFX as the closing windows sound. Seriously.

As for difficulty, fans of the genre say Touhou is actually easy compared to the rest. One time I played Seihou and god it hurt.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 am

Touhou 12 "Touhou Seirensen: Undefined Fantastic Object" was announced:
http://kourindou.exblog.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Demo is coming out on March 8th during Reitaisai.

Also the Subterranean Animism English patch just came out.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:11 am

Hahaha what, so the resident shrine maidens (yes plural looks like Sanae is playable finally) and Witch are gonna be fighting Aliens this time? o_0

well i cant cant wait regardless, looking forward to more rage inducing hard as hell levels and hopefully some more fantastic music :O

Edit:

http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a translated page of ZUN blog entry
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Worships: Yoshino Sakura
Melon Pan: 15
2018 Female Favorite: Tenma Gabriel White
2018 Male Favorite: Kanzaki Hideri
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 pm

So finally out huh...
Now i can get my lazy ass to finish SA because i only finish Marisa x Patchouli and Reimu x Yukari route only...
Look up high into the beautiful sky, with a steady gaze. Lets commit this moment to our memories.
We will make the beautiful sky even brighter. I will embrace you and your wings.
I want to protect that radiance. It is what keeps me going.
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Quote from song lyric BEAUTIFUL SKY by Hikasa Yoko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Saito Chiwa, and Mimori Suzuko from Infinite Stratos 2 ED
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

I like how you said it as "Reimu x Yukari"...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
overfunk
Pokémon trainer
Pokémon trainer
Badges:

Post by overfunk » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:15 am

Although it's more like Reimu+Yukari.

Wrong math operation.

I only completed SA with Reimu B. Had a shot earlier with the translation patch, but failed at Utsuho's last spell card, which is my usual benchmark. Well, at least could read what killed me this time. What sucks is that even the bad ends are hard to get. Maybe even harder that good ends.

Also, looking forward to Touhou UFO. Sanae ftw. Sakuya ftl. Great decision by ZUN.
cicido
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by cicido » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 am

Well, at least SA is now kicking my butt in a language I understand......
Hard 1cc, I swear I'll get you someday!

Also, guess who just received MILLIONS of new fanart since the announcement of UFO yesterday? Sanae is the fastest in rising popularity it seems, from the 6th poll and now this. Future contender?
Spin!
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Worships: Yoshino Sakura
Melon Pan: 15
2018 Female Favorite: Tenma Gabriel White
2018 Male Favorite: Kanzaki Hideri
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:43 am

lol but actually Marisa x Patchouli and Reimu x Yukari is my fav pairing in Touhou lol...
Look up high into the beautiful sky, with a steady gaze. Lets commit this moment to our memories.
We will make the beautiful sky even brighter. I will embrace you and your wings.
I want to protect that radiance. It is what keeps me going.
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Quote from song lyric BEAUTIFUL SKY by Hikasa Yoko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Saito Chiwa, and Mimori Suzuko from Infinite Stratos 2 ED
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 am

overfunk wrote: Also, looking forward to Touhou UFO. Sanae ftw. Sakuya ftl. Great decision by ZUN.
Did I ever tell you I loved you? Actually, I'm not CRAZY about Sanae, but Sakuya never turned me on. Neither did the rest of Koumakan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:15 pm

lol its Just ZUN following his usual position of all 5th stage bosses becomming playable in a newer game.
Sakuya in PCB, Youmu in IN, Reisen is a slight exception, but then shes playable in IaMP, PoFV, and SWR, and now Sanae the Miko Copycat will join them. (i think Zun is running out of ideas :s )

Although i dunno how ZUN is ever gonna get Orin in as a playable character lol

Badass Knife throwing maid> Miko copycat

-floats away-
cicido
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by cicido » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:43 am

LazyCanuck wrote:lol its Just ZUN following his usual position of all 5th stage bosses becomming playable in a newer game.
Sakuya in PCB, Youmu in IN, Reisen is a slight exception, but then shes playable in IaMP, PoFV, and SWR, and now Sanae the Miko Copycat will join them. (i think Zun is running out of ideas :s )

Although i dunno how ZUN is ever gonna get Orin in as a playable character lol

Badass Knife throwing maid> Miko copycat

-floats away-
I do agree that Sakuya is better than Sanae, but just because something come later doesn't mean it's inferior.
For example, I like Orin better than Chen.

*Flaps wings before Ran body slams me*
Spin!