Touhou game series

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Karob
School nurse
School nurse
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫~
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Ichigo
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Re: Touhou game series

Post by Karob » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:16 pm

In the very brief amount of time I spent learning and playing Urban Legend in Limbo, I enjoyed it more than any of the other fighter games. The combat seems simpler than the others, so maybe even a scrum like me can manage it.

I quite love the pointdevice mode of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. I've only given it one shot (probably on easy), and used too many of my bombs too soon, so I reached a point where I could no longer progress. Some of the spell cards seemed like "yet another series of circles of bullets spreading from the enemy", while others where very interesting and fun to weave between.
ImageImageImage
MyAnimeListAniListProjects
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:31 pm

A month late (I seem to always be late nowadays), but the guys over at Dai-Sukima Dan have released a third demo for Eastern Starlight Romance, with new sprites, CGs, and backgrounds; increased screen resolution; and a new event. It's been five years since the second demo was released (and four years since I stumbled upon the project to begin with).
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Karob
School nurse
School nurse
Badges:

Post by Karob » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Antinomy of Common Flowers announced on 2016/12/11

Touhou Project Status:
  • Upcoming game: TH 15.5 東方憑依華 ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers
    • This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it... Those who have made the mistake of seeing themselves as the strongest duo. This is a bittersweet story about them.
    • (Official Website) (English Touhou Wiki Page)
    • Another ZUN x Twilight Frontier fighting game.
    • Continuing story from Urban Legend in Limbo and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
    • Reisen's scenario (console exclusive) in ULiL is a "setup" to the story of this game.
    • Speculation (Touhou Project spoilers!)Show
      • Strongest duo? Characters possessed by other characters? Perhaps this game will have a mechanic of switching back and forth between characters.
      • The ongoing incident was (in part) perpetrated by the Lunarians, leading some to suspect the Watatsuki princesses as the "strongest duo".
      • Some suspect Hecatia due to her dropping Clownpiece off in Gensokyo and mysteriously disappearing for a year. She doesn't really seem to have any grand ambitions against Gensokyo, though.
      • Some expect Yuuka to be prominently involved in this game due to her strong association with flowers, though that card was already played in PoFV.
      • Kosuzu has a bad habit of getting possessed. Hahaha.
  • Recent or currently running print works:
    • Forbidden Scrollery: Manga focusing on Motoori Kosuzu; 49 chapters currently released.
    • Wild and Horned Hermit: Manga focusing on Ibaraki Kasen; 38 chapters currently released.
    • Visionary Fairies in Shrine: Manga focusing on the 3 Fairies of Light + Clownpiece; 5 chapters currently released.
    • Strange Creators of Outer World: Magazine including a variety of official and doujin-related content, and a continuation of Curiosities of Lotus Asia. 3 issues currently exist.
    • Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia: Artbook released on March 30, 2017, with articles by Aya, mixing Touhou events with outside world news to make juicy fake news.
  • Status of fanime:
    • Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~ episode 7
      • Circle: Manpuku Jinja
      • Episode Title: Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Eternal Night Incident~
      • Description: Part 1 of 2 parts covering the Imperishable Night incident.
      • Release Date: 2016/12/29
      • Run Time: 12:04
      • Official Watch Link: (niconico) (YouTube)<-English Closed-Captions Available
      • Note: The official version has no vocals, but there is a Japanese fandub.
    • Musou Kakyou: A Summer Day's Dream episode 3
      • Circle: MAIKAZE
      • Release Date: 2016/08/13
      • Run time: 11:46
      • Note: This is the fourth episode in the series. The third was "episode 2.5".
    • Hifuu Club Activity Record ~ The Sealed Esoteric History episode 1
  • Notable fan games:
    • The Disappearance of Gensokyo
      • Description: Visually, the game looks similar to Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity by Ankake Spa. It appears to feature many playable characters. It seems to include music by Yuuhei Satellite.
      • Studio: MyACG STUDIO
      • Release Date: Not released yet.
      • Trailer 1: (bilibili) (YouTube)
      • Trailer 2: (YouTube)
    • I'm not really up-to-speed with Touhou fan games.
Strange Creators of Outer World - Volume 2 cover
Vanilla wrote:Still waiting for official Touhou game where Flandre Scarlet is the main character (I guess that will never happen T_T)
I think Flan is unlikely even as a playable character since she's kept always locked in the mansion due to how overly powerful her ability is + how unstable her emotions are. Maybe if there was a spinoff where everybody went to her room to fight her? :P
ImageImageImage
Karob
School nurse
School nurse
Badges:

Post by Karob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Touhou 16 has been announced.

Title: 東方天空璋 (Touhou Tenkuu Shou) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
Official post: http://kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
Translation: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/inde ... 728.0.html

ZUN says he's returning to a simple feeling with this game. An "ordinary shooting game with no twists".

Playable Characters:
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Marisa Kirisame
  • Tanned Cirno (wtf)
  • Aya Shameimaru
Cirno's title in the screenshot is something like "Ice Fairy under the Scorching Sun"

Demo to be released: May 7th (Reiteisai)
Full version to be released: Summer Comiket
ImageImageImage