Touhou game series

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Re: Touhou game series

Post by akumaxx » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:24 am

A quick summary on TD:
SystemShow
You have a half-built barrier which can't stop you from miss.
StagesShow
1. Find villager A and ask for info.
2. Bring your ear plugs.
3. Stop the healing.
4. Caution: Necromancer is incoming.
5. Arrow shower!
6. She was once on the note, but now rumor said that she didn't exist.
7. The first girl with glasses since EoSD.(And 2nd in Touhou.)
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 am

Eclairs wrote:
Kordosa wrote:*decides to risk the wrath of the forum moderators to rez this thread*

I've just recently gotten into the Touhou craze (about six or seven weeks ago). The fandom got me interested first with the Touhou Musou Kakyou doujin anime, and several doujin songs starting with "Tsuru Pettan" by Silver Forest.
Have fun with these earworm Youtube videosShow
"Bad Apple!!" by Alstroemeria Records

"Bad Apple!!" in English sung by Cristina Vee (also the English VA for K-ON!'s Mio)

"Tsuru Pettan" by Silver Forest

"Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" by IOSYS

"Neko Miku Reimu B" by IOSYS

"Kero ⑨ Destiny" by Silver Forest
And speaking of crowning music....

A friend of mine also gave me a ZIP file of the "Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth" 4koma strips.

As for games, my first is actually one of the fighters, IaMP. So far, I've 1CC'd all characters in story mode on easy, and I'm working on Normal mode now. Right now, I can only get to stage 5 or 6 on most of them with the exception of Suika (which I made it all the way through).
I've also downloaded EoSD, and am still working on Easy mode... I've managed to beat it with ReimuA (albeit with continues), and the farthest I've gotten without continues is stage 4 with ReimuA. Yeah, I still suck, lol.

My next games will probably be PCB, IN, and, if my computer can handle it, SWR.
Eisdrache wrote:Image

You arent a Touhou fag if you cant name all of them!
Hurray, I'm not a Touhou fag, since I can only name about 22 of them. >_<

Oh, and my favorite characters so far are Patchouli, Youmu, Suika, and Chugoku Hong Meiling.
Darn it, i need to start playing more Touhou in my rather limited free times :P . Youmu Konpaku go!
Oh, goodness. My post looks noobish, lol. An update might be in order if you could call it that. I've now been a Touhou fan for 7 months. I've managed to 1 CC EoSD with ReimuA on Easy Mode (go ahead and laugh) two months ago after a total of about 35 play attempts (and over seven months, which means I don't have time to play often which is probably why I still suck), and I plan on doing it a few more times before moving on to Normal mode and hopefully the Extra Stage.
As far as the manga is concerned, I've read SSiB, EaLND, SaBND, and am working on OSP.
And as far as that picture is concerned, I can now recognize about 55 of them.
Current favorites are now Patchouli, Mokou, Suwako, Yuyuko, and Sunny Milk (of the Three Mischievous Fairies).

*goes to check out the Touhou Wiki for info on the new Ten Desires characters*
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 am

Add one note:
SpoilerShow
And ZUN also learned 'over drive'.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 am

ANN is reporting that the doujin circle Manpuku Jinja has begun streaming its 16-minute Touhou doujin anime that it released at Comiket 80. The anime doesn't have a vocal track, though. The video's included in the article, but I managed to find some English fansubs for it on YouTube. As it excludes the ending credits/animation to fit YouTube's length restrictions, I also found the full version and copied the URL for when the credits begin. Both are below. Enjoy!

Ending credits can be found here.
(Apparently, the YouTube code doesn't work with the time-specific URL.)
Alternate subbed video sourceShow

Full video with subs using annotations.
My thoughtsShow
So this is basically an animation of the events in Perfect Cherry Blossom. I must say I do like the character designs here. And the arrangements of the various character themes were nice. A pity that the doujin circle didn't dub this themselves, though.

Other thoughts: Hurray, I was able to recognize everyone but like two of the characters (during the festival) in this. :P
I like the title's nod to Dr. Strangelove. And what is Sanae doing in Hakugyokurou? Anyway, this was nice to watch, but all it does is make me want to see what MAIKAZE's done for the second episode of their doujin anime project. Sure, their character designs might not have been the best compared to this, but they did have professional seiyuu voicing the characters. Hopefully, they'll release it at Reitaisai this year.
Question for those that have watched thisShow
At 7:48 (7:57 in the alternate video), which did you notice first? Sakuya's legs or Reimu's armpit? :P
Edit 1: Added Musou Kakyou link and question.
Edit 2: Added alternate video source.
Last edited by Kordosa on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:02 am

Nice video, Kord ;) .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu

Post by Hakurouken » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks for sharing the subbed version Kordosa :D i was holding myself from watching it without subs when it got released. Really enjoyed it and hoping for another
episode. Thought i prefer Maikaze's art style more than this one's but still was really good.
And the answer for your question, Sakuya's legs ^^'
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Post by bluemage » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Sakuya's...no, Reimu's armpit. X)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 am

Kordosa wrote:Other thoughts: Hurray, I was able to recognize everyone but like two of the characters (during the festival) in this. :P
So apparently, the two characters that I didn't know are the Aki sisters from Mountain of Faith. -_-
*commencing visual recognition memorization; basic character info and theme recognition memorization to follow later*
Hakurouken wrote:Thought i prefer Maikaze's art style more than this one's but still was really good.
I also liked MAIKAZE's character designs. They were quite charming and in my opinion, slightly reminiscent of ZUN's own art style.
Reimu Hakurei wrote:
bluemage wrote:Sakuya's...no, Reimu's armpit. X)
What is with you people and my armpits?! >_<
QuotesShow
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by bluemage » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:26 am

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
bluemage wrote:Sakuya's...no, Reimu's armpit. X)
What is with you people and my armpits?! >_<
I'm sorry Reimu-sama~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 am

For the love of the Goddess of Moe !

Remi-chan 's cute sleeping face ><

Yukari-chan's sleeping :)

Patchouli's snoozing ><
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Those are cute, Eclairs. Here are a couple more videos. :P

Alice attempting karaoke for "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing". So moe!

Let's eat at Rin's restaurant.
QuotesShow
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Eclairs » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 am

Anyone can give me pm me or direct me on how to download TN, PCB and Unperishable Night :). I would be eternally grateful :)

p/s - the doujins for Touhou by Zun that i found in the net mainly focuses on the 3 fairies , Sunny Milk + Star Sapphire and Lunar . Anyone knows where i can find a good Remilia + Flandre , Yakumo Yukari and Heimu + Marisa centred touhou doujins :) ? I wouldn't mind Japanese douijins at all since i can read them, no problem.

< edit 1 > Thanks a lot kordosa for the doujin link :)
lighteningsky
Rogue
Rogue

Post by lighteningsky » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Kordosa wrote:
Ending credits can be found here.
(Apparently, the YouTube code doesn't work with the time-specific URL.)
Wow, that video impressed me so much, I've decided to jump on the Touhou bandwagon.
Well, that and all those characters showing up in exhibition.
Kordosa wrote:
Question for those that have watched thisShow
At 7:48 (7:57 in the alternate video), which did you notice first? Sakuya's legs or Reimu's armpit? :P
Sakuya's legs at first, but now I can't un-see the armpit. :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~Slivers by Hikari-chan and ppizzapie~
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 am

lighteningsky wrote:Wow, that video impressed me so much, I've decided to jump on the Touhou bandwagon.
Well, that and all those characters showing up in exhibition.
Welcome to the fandom (and the occasional fan dumb). If you haven't seen it already, may I also suggest checking out Musou Kakyou (Touhou Wiki link), MAIKAZE's doujin anime project that allowed Touhou characters to participate in ISML 2009. You might recognize some of the seiyuu. :)

I found it on YouTube, but it's in three parts and in low quality. And the audio is slightly off in the second part, but here it is. PM me if you want a download link to a higher quality fansub.
Touhou: Musou Kakyou (three parts)Show

Also, I finally found the trailer MAIKAZE released last year for the second episode. (Why didn't I search YouTube sooner? -_- )
QuotesShow
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by bluemage » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 am

Oooh! Second episode! Hope it comes out soon. =)
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 am

They're expected to release it at Reitaisai this year (which is scheduled for September 1st). Hopefully they won't fall into development hell.
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 am

There's been an MMD version of the original Bad Apple!! shadow art video out since last year, but apparently there's a newer version with updated MMD models and new effects. It's all nice and shiny. Take a look if you want to see what the characters look like.
For those uninformed, MMD stands for MikuMikuDance.

Keine with glasses is pure win! :bigsmile:
Edit: I just now saw this one in the featured list. It's the Bad Apple!! video animation, but the music has been remixed to transition between each character's theme when they appear. It's done fairly well.

QuotesShow
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Eclairs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 am

Kordosa wrote:They're expected to release it at Reitaisai this year (which is scheduled for September 1st). Hopefully they won't fall into development hell.
I am anticipating this then :) Why cant September the 1st come early?
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by bluemage » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Kordosa wrote:I just now saw this one in the featured list. It's the Bad Apple!! video animation, but the music has been remixed to transition between each character's theme when they appear. It's done fairly well.
That was very cool. Thx for sharing.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 pm

TD hard 1cc.

Trying to achieve something for the first time in this series always feel so mentally AND physically exhausting.