RWBY

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam
Worships: Mutual respect
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To improve

RWBY

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 am

RWBY is a show by RoosterTeeth! It's made using Smith Micro's Poser software, which is for making 3D animation and illustration. As of season 4, the animation has switched to Maya.
Plot, copypasta'd from WikipediaShow
The story takes place in the world of Remnant, which is filled with supernatural forces and shadowy creatures known as the "Creatures of Grimm". Prior to the events of the series, mankind waged a battle of survival against the Grimm before discovering the power of a mysterious element called Dust, which allowed them to fight back against the monsters. In the present day, Dust is used to power magical abilities and weapons. Those who use these abilities to battle the Grimm are known as Huntsmen or Huntresses. The series focuses on four girls, each with her own unique weapon and powers. Together, they form team RWBY at Beacon Academy in the city of Vale, where they are trained to become Huntresses alongside team CRDL (pronounced "cardinal") and team JNPR (pronounced "juniper").
You can watch the series on RoosterTeeth's official site here and on Youtube here.
Last edited by Eibbor82 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
"Seriously, who wants to be chained down?"
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Re: RWBY

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 am

RWBY Volume 2, episode 4Show
Epilepsy warning: flashing lights
Suddenly, Yang is a berserker. Why they didn't elude to this during the first volume is beyond me, but with the whole shenanigans with Penny's android-ism this might've been on purpose :lol:
New female villain henchperson, prediction: she's an android, like Penny. Also, Roman is this (obviously)-purposefully unnamed father of Penny's.
Again insisting that a RWBY 2D fighting game be made. That would be epic as fuck
ImageImage
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Volume 2 Episode 4Show
I thought it was pretty obvious that Penny was a robot and all. Then again, Ruby probably didn't notice how her swords came out of her back. Good to hear Ruby being super supportive of her, that moment was so sweet~
And man, just when I thought(and hoped ;_;) NeptunexWeiss would most likely be endgame. He then ends up having a crush on Yang! I really hope the love doesn't get too complicated...
Nice to see Ruby using duo names too. Funny how they're also the ship names that the fandom uses! Well, except for Ice Flower, but still. And Nuieo is really interesting. Hope we get to hear her talk and see some more action from her!
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Volume 2 episode 4~
SpoilerShow
Ruby is so sweet, Penny is so cute. I think the ship names for duo names is intended, since Monty likes seeing how fans create. :D

Neo's character design is cool and I like how she used an umbrella!

Poor Neptune, getting dragged around. It seems like almost every male character here become comic relief and I LIKE THAT.
BTW, I really wished Ruby/Weiss would be the endgame. ^^;
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Lolinekocchi wrote:BTW, I really wished Ruby/Weiss would be the endgame.
I kinda hope so too. Give Neptune to Sun.
ImageImage
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:53 am

Volume 2 Chapter 5Show
Just a small reminder that Pyrrha is supposed to be the most badass character in their school, as mentioned in passing during Volume 1.

Mercury's combat choice is nice, kick/leg-based attacks are cool. I hope we see what all those dust(?) cylinders on his ankles do.
Jaune, you dense motherfucker.
The fact that Cinder had on an uniform tells me that if she's got some dust-fusion shenanigans happening, it isn't her clothes.

Prediction: Since Mercury said "But I hate waiting!" he's probably going to take matters into his own hands, resulting in the crashing of the dance.
ImageImage
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:

Post by CureRainbow » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:11 am

Volume 2 Chapter 5Show
Hell yes. Pyrrha kicking Team CRDL's asses like a boss. You go girl.

Mercury's fighting style is pretty cool. I'm actually wondering what his semblance would be. Good thing Pyrrha didn't get defeated though! That sneak peak RT gave us was really worrying...

Jaune, you little dork! It's actually pretty cute how he tried to ask Weiss to prom like that lmao. I originally thought that he got over his crush on her after Players and Pieces until Season 2 happened, but oh well. Gotta make the love polygon more complicating, I guess.

Speaking of love, poor Pyrrha! Does Jaune literally have no clue about her crush? I don't ship Arkos, but get a freaking hint, Jaune! Well, if the trailer says anything, that couple's bound to happen soon.

I'm really curious as to what Cinder's needle is for, though. Is she gonna stab someone? Is that needle a syringe? Is she gonna knit clothes out of dust?
KyuuAL
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor
Worships: Haruhiism

Post by KyuuAL » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:26 am

Eibbor82 wrote:This should be in General Anime, but some people see it as ~not an anime~ because it's not Japanese. Whatever, I'll put it here.
Yea, I've been arguing with the Conservative Purists about that, especially when this series is scheduled for a Japan release.

Anyways, I delayed my viewing of the latest episode. I will only say this: "I feel sorry for Pyrrha". However, things would be boring if things were that easy.
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:

Post by CureRainbow » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 am

Volume 2 Episode 6Show
Yesssss Yang great job. You got to let Blake enjoy life for a while. That's quite the amazing feat.

Also, I thought Ruby and Yang were directly sisters? Rooster Teeth did confirm that they were actually blood-related sisters rather than just adopted or whatever, but oh well. I really hope we could see Uncle Qrow though. He appears to be super badass.

Ahhh, sucks that Jaune had to suffer heartbreak and all. But then again, I don't get why he's so crazy over a girl like Weiss anyway. Also, did Neptune reject Weiss' dance proposal? I didn't see him anywhere in the dance and you see Weiss just talking with some random stranger. Blake dancing with Sun(with a tie! lmao) was amazing, though. <3

Aaannndddd Mercury and Emerald come to ruin the dance. Great.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:08 am

Volume 2 episode 6Show
OMFG Yang with the laser pointer LOLOL
Why must Monty make Jaune be attracted to Weiss? Paired with Pyrrha = super good! I wouldn't even mind to greatly even having him with Ruby, although that gets in the way of OTP. But ten Weiss' attraction to Neptune.... GAGH
Can we take a moment to again note upon Jaune's awkward-ness, please? He literally has NO CLUE when he should ask Ren on advice, rushes his way into talking with him, causing awkward for 3 people.
The feels associated with how the rest of team JNPR KNOWS that Pyrrha's got the hots for Juane, hurts.
Yang x Blake shippers everywhere, rejoice!
Again with pulling dramatic scenes for obvious facts. We could tell from their names that Yang and Ruby aren't full sisters. Although, I wonder why Yang has her mother's last name? Father's choice, or some worldly custom?
Damn it Monty, stop making Ruby so fuckin' adorable >///<
Whoa, Blake's cool.

And as I predicted last episode, our evil friends happen to show up to the dance and will likely violently crash it next episode. Leaving an episode by bringing attention to their entrance makes this almost certain.
Just going to, again, point out that the new opening song is absolutely glorious. Eagerly awaiting the full version's release.
ImageImage
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:

Post by CureRainbow » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:25 am

Volume 2, Chapter 7Show
Ahhhh this episode is full of amazingness. Loved the Jaune and Ruby interaction, the conversation he had with Pyrrha, and the pep talk with Neptune. Like wow. Who would've known Neptune was really a dork on the inside, lol. Plus Jaune wearing a dress and JNPR's dancing is perf. Also Cinder's cat outfit and weapons are super badass. I'm wondering what the chess piece is supposed to be a symbol for, though? Either way, I'm glad to see that the dance turned out to be really amazing.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Re: RWBY and other Rooster Teeth shenanigans

Post by Eibbor82 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:03 am

Name edited because reasons.
X-Ray and Vav official, full trailer finallyShow
I still need to watch RWBY's final shush
ImageImage
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:

Post by CureRainbow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 am

Eibbor82 wrote:Name edited because reasons.
X-Ray and Vav official, full trailer finallyShow
I still need to watch RWBY's final shush
Awww yiss. Can't wait to watch this series.
renfire
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Melon Pan: 105

Post by renfire » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:06 am

UP! Season 4 hype!! Can't wait to see them in action!
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Yeeeeees! It's so soon!
I really loved the trailer and the presentation of the different regions by Qrow.

The art keeps getting better and Ruby keeps getting cuter.
My favorite characters are Ruby, Weiss and Nora by the way!
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Post by RailWarrior » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm slightly disappointed, but just slightly. One of the things that made RWBY such a fun watch was the amazing choreography. From Ruby's character short, choreography's seemingly been trashed in favor of "rule of cool."
renfire
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by renfire » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Toady wrote:Yeeeeees! It's so soon!
I really loved the trailer and the presentation of the different regions by Qrow.

The art keeps getting better and Ruby keeps getting cuter.
My favorite characters are Ruby, Weiss and Nora by the way!
Agree about this, Ruby is cuter. I love thier new clothes as well. Btw my favorites are Weiss, Yang and Pyrrha
RailWarrior wrote:I'm slightly disappointed, but just slightly. One of the things that made RWBY such a fun watch was the amazing choreography. From Ruby's character short, choreography's seemingly been trashed in favor of "rule of cool."
Yeah, good movement is always what make RWBY such a fun show to watch. I hope the choreography will be better when it released
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:02 am

RailWarrior wrote:I'm slightly disappointed, but just slightly. One of the things that made RWBY such a fun watch was the amazing choreography. From Ruby's character short, choreography's seemingly been trashed in favor of "rule of cool."
I'm hoping that as they become more familiar with Maya we'll see the choreography better implemented. I don't think the character short is indicative of the quality of the coming season, honestly.

I may be finally purchasing a RT First, now.
ImageImage
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Volume 4 episode 1Show
I realized partway through the episode what's probably the reason why Ruby's choreography is so different. Everybody else had pretty much the same stuff going on as previous, but Ruby was significantly different. Instead of taking advantage of the weight of her weapon and strength of the gun to propel herself around and add extra strength to her shots, she did a LOT of flying around with the rose petal stuff. A lot of floating and nearly effortless attacks. While she did a little bit of the rose petal stuff in previous seasons, it was very prevalent here. We already know that the petal stuff is her Semblance, and it's likely that now that she's "awakened" the powers from her eyes, she's received a huge power upgrade, both with her semblance and overall. it's likely that the limits of her Aura have been greatly increased.
Anyway, the episode.
Cinder lost her eye and most of her ability to talk, it seems. Just what happened on top of the tower? She's also covering her entire left side, with the right more revealed. She's probably got more scarring- or worse- hidden in there.
The guy with the ponytail seems fun. I hope we see him fight Qrow.
There's no way Oz is really dead.
How much you want to bet somebody at the table is the person who killed Ruby's mom?
The farm kid is definitely tied to Spring in some way. I'm a little skeptical about his gender, honestly. Would not be surprised if they're the Spring Maiden.
Ren's argument that Junior isn't a color doesn't really hold when Ranger isn't a color either...
That Grimm was cool. There'll probably be other possession-type Grimm in the future.
Way to make a guy feel like shit, Ruby. That's a fantastic hoodie.
Actually, if it was cereal boxes, he might've actually collected a bunch with Pyrrha's face on them, and still didn't recognize her when they first met.
Jaune got Pyrrha's shield forged with his. Be still, my heart.
Getting Earth Kingdom vibes from Mistral.
Nice little background ost of Mirror Mirror. I hope Weiss gets more conflict besides politics.
There's a lot of new faces in the OP. Not a lot of familiar ones, however. Not surprising that none of the other students or fighters are in there, but no Neptune? No Glynda? No Neptune?
Also, thisShow
ImageImage
renfire
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by renfire » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 pm

I have to wait for a day due to not having RT first
OutfitShow
What's wrong with Ruby's arm? *looks closer
So, it is not sleeveless clothes. The color is close to the color of skin, though
I prefer Weiss usual dress, but still I hope she get more screentime
Yang cut her hair? I thought she hates getting her hair cut. Well, a lot happened to her. New ponytail hair is not bad
Volume 4 episode 1Show
Seriously, I miss team RWBY fighting together. They are best team.
Jaune being useless as usual. That Pyrrha's shield ;_;
I vote for JNRR. Sorry Ren, but your naming taste is awful. (but, that's me)