What game are you playing right now?

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam
Melon Pan: 50

Re: What game are you playing right now?

Post by Eibbor82 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:50 pm

WiiU Smash Bros and a handful of Amiibos. Amiibos are the most terrifying thing I've ever had to fight against in a video game, I've learned.
Too bad you can't use them online in private games.
Hikari-chan
Kholdy's Master
Kholdy's Master
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Worships: rider ♥ sinon ♥
Melon Pan: 110
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2018 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2018 Male Favorite: Levi
Wish: being able to make everyone around me happier in some way

Post by Hikari-chan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:39 am

i bought etrian odyssey IV on my 3DS and finished downloading but who knows when I'll actually play it :^)

I've played the demo though! So I'm excited~ :biggrin:

thank you so much to my wonderful santa! <3
mal | twitter
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:20 am

I'm about to play Life is Strange. Heard it was quite good.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Ernisto
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by Ernisto » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:20 am

I was playing more weaponry now i love characters using weapons like guns blade swords or any ills, cause its more interesting and challenging.
Karob
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫~
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Ichigo
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Post by Karob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 am

Hikari-chan wrote:i bought etrian odyssey IV on my 3DS and finished downloading but who knows when I'll actually play it :^)

I've played the demo though! So I'm excited~ :biggrin:
That's my first Etrian Odyssey game. I played the demo all the way through and was left hungry for more. Now I own that game as well as the two "Untold" remakes of earlier games. The two remakes, imo, have better story sense and character interactions, but Etrian Odyssey IV captures the exploration feel the best, by far. Mind the dragons, though!
MyAnimeListAniListProjects
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
HaloCapella
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: My Cuties!
2018 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
Wish: Saimoe-chan's official debut.

Post by HaloCapella » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:00 am

Just started playing Monster Girls Online. Another browser game in DMM. Works muuch like Kancolle, except that you can have touching affection moment with these girls. and the chars are abit more animated too.

If you are already a KanColle user, then you can log in to this easily: http://www.dmm.com/netgame/social/-/gad ... id=365723/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some moreShow

They also got characters from the MonMusu manga/anime, but these also have girls you havent seen before.

more pics via links here : http://puu.sh/maxcS.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxnz.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxqj.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxuT.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxzB.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxFA.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxMc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maxTi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/mazfa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/mazno.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/mazBB.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/mazFX.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/mazXa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maAsG.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://puu.sh/maPjJ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*ive been screenshooting like crazy*
Admiral Paru ~~ Pixiv DeviantArt Twitter Image
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:25 pm

So, I got bored of all the big games and visual novels and animes and whatever I am reading/watching/playing, so I took a little trip to the indie games (indie visual novel, to be precise. Not the Japanese-made one, because I told you I was bored)

This should have gone to the Let's Play Visual Novel thread, but I just can't find it.
Sepia TearsShow
- An android visual novel that doesn't get cut in the middle (with that "you have to buy the rest" shits) with decent art and decent OST (well, the OST' quite nice, to be honest.) Nice.
- It's appr. 2-3 hours to finish a story and appr. 3 playthrough to get every unlockable things, so if you play properly, that's max. 10 hours. (Well, you can just skip things after first run and get everything in an hour, making it to 4-5 hours.)
Its size and art are what make it pretty good to people with little experience with visual novels. (which earn it its good rating on googleplay.)

Now, time to get deeper:
- Story: A pretty cheesy romance story about a love triangle and a(nother) love triangle.
The good side is how the shading is done allows people to remain curious. It's the type of shading you see in KEY visual novels, which guaranteed to be good to newbies and to KEY fans.
The bad side, as already said, is that it's cheesy. You see this kind of thing in every romantic girl novel. Another minus is that, thanks to it being short, you would feel that there's part of the build-up missing. It's not that it's abrupt, it's just... you'll know something should have been there that would make the romance between our pair better.
Fortunately, the main story is linear, so choice-making isn't really a big problem. They will quickly send you to a bad end and tell you to repeat if you choose the wrong one. The last choice, however, might be a bit tricky, but persistence is key.

- Character Design & Personality & Development:
Lovely, I suppose. Nice character design with decent shape and decent but beautiful coloring. It's clearly heavily affected with Japanese anime. I mean: an otaku close-friend and an otaku imouto that acts like the dere version of Itsuka Kotori all the time and is a big fan of Fist of the North Star? (And there was this one scene when our hero remembers how her sister once woke him up with a kick to the guts Itsuka Kotori-style?)

The development of each character, however, would feel really fast and incomplete thanks to it trying to shade everything while being short. But everything is explained in the end, so no worry.

- Gameplay: I still don't know how to save this thing in the middle of the way. ._.
Fortunately, there's an autosave feature that would save every last progress you make. Every time you close the app and then open it again later, it automatically load the last scene you were on.

- Art: They use real photos as BG to save efforts and money. Forgivable for an indie. Coloring, as I said, is nice enough. The SDCG is also nice.

- Sound: Maybe the best aspect of this game. Its simple yet attractive BGM is what helps your interest glued to the story.
Edit: Now that I think about it deeper, it puts itself too close to Kanon. I guess that's why it sounds pretty nice.

Overall: Very good for an android visual novel. Good enough for an indie work. Decent for a visual novel. Might worth the time, since it's not that expensive (0 money and 2-10 hours of playing. Cheap, right?)
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 pm

It's a carnival~

World of Warships previously announced a collaboration to promote the Arpeggio: Ars Nova Cadenza movie.
And I spent the Christmas holidays watching the series.

The first of the Arpeggio-themed missions to obtain Arpeggio-themed ships (along with the corresponding mental models as the ship commanders) are finally live. Time to grind out the missions for Kongo and Myoko over the next two months. Others to be announced later are Haruna and Kirishima. Personally hoping for Takao somewhere down the line.

I'm on the North American server if any of you guys also play.
Note: For the Kongo missions, you'll need to do them in a Tier V or higher ship, and for the Myoko missions, you'll need to do them in a Tier VI or higher ship.

Edit: Grinding commencing.

QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Karob
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Badges:

Post by Karob » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:50 pm

I just finished two visual novels on Steam.

fault milestone one presented itself with beautiful visuals and visual effects. Some of the music was surprisingly delightful too. The beginning of the story (probably the only part the demo covers) felt like uninspired tsundere magical girl shit and I was sure I was going to regret my purchase. But the writing improved as I got further into the story and it really pulled me forward by my heart strings, through bright brightness and dark darkness. Now I'm eager to start the very well received milestone two.

WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 revolves around the stock market and some may find the many ramblings about the market to be tedious and boring. Fortunately, you don't really miss much if you skip through the dry details and just go for the overall plot and character interactions. Ultimately, this visual novel follows a young man, living on the well-developed moon, on his naive journey to claim mastery over the stock market and use those resources to go where no man has gone before. It's a bumpy ride for our young dreamer, for sure, and it even teaches him more about people and relationships. The music is okay. The graphics are wonderful. The English translation is okay I guess. The ending is very meaningful to me and now I'm eager to get on with chapter 2. (Only 2 of the 3 visual novel chapters have been released in English so far, iirc.)
Gonzaa21098
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Worships: Kanade Tachibana

Post by Gonzaa21098 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Brawlhalla on Steam, it's something like Smash Bros
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Hexcells and Hexcells Plus on Steam
Just like minesweeper but in different level
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 am

Kordosa wrote:Edit: Grinding commencing.

A bit late, but grinding complete.

I received Arpeggio Kongo a couple of days before January ended, and Arpeggio Myoko the day before Valentine's Day.
KongoShow

MyokoShow

The missions were both good and bad.

Good, because I drastically improved my play with heavy cruisers.
Bad, because I forgot how to properly play IJN destroyers.

Now waiting for the Haruna and Kirishima missions.
And I'm really hoping we'll get one for Takao or Maya.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam

Post by Eibbor82 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 am

Really enjoying Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.
Who should I marry first, Xander or Leo? @_@
Edit: I married Xander. No regrets
Last edited by Eibbor82 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karob
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Badges:

Post by Karob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I've heard people say this is the worst LoZ game ever. So far, it's actually one of my favorites, and I think they translated the LoZ experience to stylus touchscreen quite well. The touchscreen combat isn't entirely fluid, of course, but it works well enough, feels more relaxed, and doesn't make my hands or thumbs hurt from playing too long. It also seems like it's never very long before I'm interacting with an NPC again, which keeps it from feeling as empty to me as some of the other LoZ games. And god I love the "Spirit Flute" theme. <3 (If you wish to spoil yourself with the later version of the theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUwtNOwV50)
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:00 am

Is anyone playing or planning to play Portal Knights? I'm slightly interested in it but it might be boring if I don't play co-op.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:38 am

Isla wrote:Is anyone playing or planning to play Portal Knights? I'm slightly interested in it but it might be boring if I don't play co-op.
It looks interesting, but I'll pass, at least until it gets out of Early Access (unless EA is free... is EA free?, it doesn't look free).
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 am

I jumped on the train for Stardew Valley, simply for the kind of support the dev has done for other people's issues so far
spoiler alert :3
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:29 am

Karob wrote:Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I've heard people say this is the worst LoZ game ever.
Whoever said that deserves to die IMHO. I really need to get back to playing that at some point. I started, got a bit of the way through, then kind of... stopped. I think that was when Smash Bros came out on 3DS, which dominated my life for several months.

Started playing Blade & Souls recently. Looks pretty good, but my computer can barely handel it even at low graphics, so I can only play it super casually until I finish building my new computer (ETA end of July/beginning of August).
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
Vanilla
Kholdy's Pet
Kholdy's Pet
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Suigintou Neko Ver.
Melon Pan: 105
Wish: To become a catgirl!-
and be together with another catgirl nya~

Post by Vanilla » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Mistakes were madeShow
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Nyaaaaaaa~ Thank you so much for this signature Hikari~nyaaann
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Currently obsessed with Marvel vs Capcom 2 :onion107:
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>