Vocaloid

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Re: Introductions

Post by Metaler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 am

Tachibana132 wrote:Hello! It's nice to finally join the ISML forums. I've been following for quite some time, but for some reason the site wouldn't let me register until now... Anyway, I look forward to talking with everyone!
Metaler wrote:Deletion... from what?
Some international groups are claiming that all English postings of Miku videos are copyright infringement and are on a deletion crusade. Note that these actions, however, are not sanctioned by Miku's real owners in Japan.
Ah, I heard of that. They're just trolls. At one point they'll sit down with their thumbs up their asses and deal with it.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Tachibana132
Nekomimi meido
Nekomimi meido
Worships: Kaname Madoka

Post by Tachibana132 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 am

SpoilerShow
Metaler wrote:
Tachibana132 wrote:Hello! It's nice to finally join the ISML forums. I've been following for quite some time, but for some reason the site wouldn't let me register until now... Anyway, I look forward to talking with everyone!
Some international groups are claiming that all English postings of Miku videos are copyright infringement and are on a deletion crusade. Note that these actions, however, are not sanctioned by Miku's real owners in Japan.
Ah, I heard of that. They're just trolls. At one point they'll sit down with their thumbs up their asses and deal with it.
For simply being trolls, they carry an obnoxious amount of influence. Their troll-fest is working, that's why English-speaking Miku fans are so worried.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.

Post by Metaler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 am

Tachibana132 wrote:
SpoilerShow
Metaler wrote:
For simply being trolls, they carry an obnoxious amount of influence. Their troll-fest is working, that's why English-speaking Miku fans are so worried.
Do they at least have any reasons for the videos being copyright infridgement? Well, even if they did, I'd still hate them because fuck this copyright bullshit. I'd rather have a mountain lion take a shit on me than watch these idiots do what they do.
Tachibana132
Nekomimi meido
Nekomimi meido
Worships: Kaname Madoka

Post by Tachibana132 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 am

Metaler wrote:
Tachibana132 wrote:
SpoilerShow
Metaler wrote:
Do they at least have any reasons for the videos being copyright infridgement? Well, even if they did, I'd still hate them because fuck this copyright bullshit. I'd rather have a mountain lion take a shit on me than watch these idiots do what they do.
They're utilizing supposed loopholes in copyright laws as well as submitting false claims to holding the copyrights themselves.

Anyway, should probably stop spam convo on this thread. Again, I look forward to meeting everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: Copyright Claims

Post by Kordosa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 am

The whole fake copyright claims have been going on since January so this is nothing new. And the way YouTube's policies are set up, they have to treat every copyright infringement claim as legit to cover their own asses. There are two problems, one general and one specific.

General: YouTube's policies don't currently require verification of the identity of claimants before they pull videos.
Specific: Crypton Future Media specifically allows for the use of Hatsune Miku in non-profit creative endeavors.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

HAPPY MIKU MONDAY!

Post by Teaspoon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 am

Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Re: Vocaloid

Post by Marinara » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 am

Just picked up a fun chibi Miku t-shirt ^^ Blogged a quick review of it here.
PicShow
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 am

^ hehe, that's a cute shirt.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Wed May 02, 2012 3:59 am

Vocaloid-related news dump, courtesy of ANN.
  • A light novel is being produced for Rin's "Kokoro".
  • Next Hatsune Miku Project Diva gameplay videos.
  • A couple of Nico Nico music videos feature a more "realistic" Miku. The first is live-action; the second is CG.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 am

ANN is reporting that a new Vocaloid named Mayu has been announced by Exit Tunes. Mayu's concept is that of a yandere middle school student. A teaser website for Mayu can be found here.
QuotesShow
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Wed May 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Recently got into Vocaloid because I've been downloading a lot of Hatsune Miku beatmaps on osu!. Kagamine Rin and Megurine Luka are good too. :)
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu

Post by Hakurouken » Wed May 09, 2012 3:16 pm

osu! is such a great way to find out new music artists.
Nepommic
Nikuman
Nikuman

Post by Nepommic » Thu May 24, 2012 4:24 am

I love Kagamine Rin.... XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 am

Hakurouken wrote:osu! is such a great way to find out new music artists.
Too bad it can ruin your life, like Tv Tropes and Civ.
Nepommic
Nikuman
Nikuman

Post by Nepommic » Thu May 24, 2012 5:04 am

Kagamine Rin
Romeo and Cinderella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWkgjeIl ... ture=fvwre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kokoro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IoseIkhAg0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Meltdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ox5-fEH4Ww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 am

Miku x Family Mart commercial:

Now with bloopers:

And then there's this:
SpoilerShow
QuotesShow
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

I've been too absorbed with Kagerou Project that I failed to realize that Kemu's composing style is pretty much cool too. Like this:

I like VocaloPs with composing style like wowaka, Jin (ShizennotekiP) and Kemu. Any suggestions of composers like them?
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:05 pm

I have them a lot in my osu! too

i found a lot of vocaloid desktop goodies as well as other characters here http://randomnessthing.com/rainmeter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 am

Teaser trailer for a series of independent short films on the phenomenon of Hatsune Miku.

QuotesShow
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Katsuragi Keima
2018 Female Favorite: Haibara Ai
2018 Male Favorite: Edogawa Conan
Wish: Complete my bucket list

Post by epeldoll » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm

mayuShow
MAYU is a female Vocaloid3 vocal by Exit Tunes.She was released on December 5th, 2012.

Mayu is intended to be a yandere influenced Vocaloid[3], while her outfit is based on lolita fashion. nNotice in her boxart she is also holding an axe
, emphasizing the yandere influence in her design.

The rabbit she is holding is named Usano Mimi (宇佐乃ミミ). It was first introduced in a April Fools' Day 2012 joke as a parody of the Crypton Future Media Character Vocal series website. There, it was listed as a new line of Vocaloids called "Animaloid".[4]

Notes about her appearance:

Her hat has a speaker attached
Her earrings appear to be styled like in-ear headphones that hook over the ear.
Her hair itself fades from simple blonde to rainbow.
The buttons on her dress are amplifier buttons/knobs.
The bottom of her dress has a keyboard pattern.
The rabbit doll she holds has a microphone at the top of its head.
As previously stated, she holds an axe, which is to show her yandere influence.
Her shoes have neon lighting flowing through them.

Her birthday is on the 6th of May

I gave my 100% support to themShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage