Vocaloid

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Vocaloid

Post by Crisu » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 am

A friend of mine was able to download the software, but I hear it's extremely processor intensive.

Also takes a long time to make a song. Unless my friend is forgetting some easy input method, each note pretty much has to be entered in manually, doesn't it?

His unfinished project is having Miku sing "Edelweiss."

I'd like to try Vocaloid out sometime. And Miku's my favorite.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Mushi
Hunter
Hunter
Worships: Shana

Re: Vocaloid

Post by Mushi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm

I have it installed, but haven't done anything serious with it... just fooled around making scales and such. It seems to be running fine on my dated 2.4 ghz P4/1gb ram machine. But then I haven't made a 'real' project that would put any kind of demand on it.

Here are some tutorials for Vocaloid. It's for an older version, but gives an idea of how it works.

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=813

I like Miku... a lot, in fact.
SpoilerShow
After hearing how well Fujita Saki (Miku's voice) did with Momoha in Manabi Straight, I'm hoping Miku gets a decent part in an anime one day.
Svx
Ninja
Ninja
Melon Pan: 0

Post by Svx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 am

I also have it installed.
Haven't done anything serious though, but I hope I'll make something one day ^_^
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:19 am

I'm starting to get attached to this "Haku Yowane" girl. Such a nice design...but I have no idea what part of Vocaloid she came from.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 am

She came from the fandom: she was born when someone put a face to all those "failed" Miku songs that just didn't sound "right." :D
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Wow. I'm not sure what to think now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:35 am

Here's a link to Haku's first mention in AnimeSuki's Vocaloid 2 thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost1327348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Vocaloid Musical - Alice in Musicland

Post by Kordosa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 am

Thread rezzing here, but I think it'll be worth it.

ANN posted about a music video by Oster Project that uses Vocaloid characters to re-enact a musical version of Alice in Wonderland. It's on Nico Nico Douga (and there's a subtitled version on NicoNico.com). I found the subtitled version on YouTube so here it is. Enjoy! :bigsmile:

QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, it certainly ain't no Mario Paint Composer.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm

12 minutes.
That must have took long to make...
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 am

I'll probably try that next time.
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:17 am

Metaler wrote:Well, it certainly ain't no Mario Paint Composer.
lol, I had it once downloaded, but now it doesn't work anymore :(
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Vocaloid 3 Launch Event Streaming Online

Post by Kordosa » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:12 am

I'm not really a huge Vocaloid fan (a Luka fan more than anything, really), but I thought I'd post this anyway.

ANN (also, see here) is reporting that the Vocaloid 3 launch event will be streaming tonight on niconico.com. There are two parts. The first part is a press event and the second part is a concert by the Vocaloid 3 characters. The press event (as of this post) will begin in less than an hour. URLs to the stream is included in ANN's article.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:55 am

A month late, but there was a Google Chrome ad in Japan featuring Miku. And now the song used in the commercial will be getting a global release.
QuotesShow
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 am

Surely this isn't the only Vocaloid thread around here?!

Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 am

One of the new Vocaloid3 characters, IA (whose vocal library was taken from Lia) sings the opening theme to AIR. So does the Vocaloid do better than the original? :P

As a side note, I think a lot of people don't realize there are other companies out there besides Crypton Future Media who have Vocaloid products...
Teaspoon wrote:Surely this isn't the only Vocaloid thread around here?!
Yep...
QuotesShow
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2019 Female Favorite: Uraraka Ochako
2019 Male Favorite: Edward Elric
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck

Post by Grish » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Kordosa wrote:One of the new Vocaloid3 characters, IA (whose vocal library was taken from Lia) sings the opening theme to AIR. So does the Vocaloid do better than the original? :P
Whoa, that's pretty impressive. It hardly sounds like a Vocaloid in parts.
MALTumblr
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:41 am

oh weeew this thread is kinda dull and gloomy.i do enjoy a lot of Vocaloid(vy1,sf-a2,etc)songs.my favs: Luka(I like Luka the most) and Miku and Gumi and Miki.but i have never tried the Vocaloid software.i dont really think that i should download/buy the software since i gotta feeling that im not going to make anything with it.but i like to try it for at least once somehow.btw who knows the song 'Leia'?i think its the best i've ever listened
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:09 am

kukimunstir wrote:oh weeew this thread is kinda dull and gloomy.i do enjoy a lot of Vocaloid(vy1,sf-a2,etc)songs.my favs: Luka(I like Luka the most) and Miku and Gumi and Miki.but i have never tried the Vocaloid software.i dont really think that i should download/buy the software since i gotta feeling that im not going to make anything with it.but i like to try it for at least once somehow.btw who knows the song 'Leia'?i think its the best i've ever listened
This thread doesn't get much love :( Hell, I say turn it into a Vocaloid music thread. Post your favorite and/or new Vocaloid songs.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 am

Teaspoon wrote: This thread doesn't get much love :( Hell, I say turn it into a Vocaloid music thread. Post your favorite and/or new Vocaloid songs.
what?!i wonder why.miku is overrated out there.i kinda blur now which songs i wanna post.how bout you post first or something,anything vocaloid related
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.