Visual novels

Everything else, off-topic. Share your thoughts on sports, news, politics, school, gardening, stamp collecting, etc...
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Re: Visual novels

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Ever17 -the out of infinity-(quite old vn). I'm done with one route....I think. Maybe I didn't focus enough that's why I'm a little bit lost. And the ending is...I don't really get it. I really need to replay this .
SpoilerShow
lol whut she's the imouto. so much time wasted flirting with own sister
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Finally finished playing the True History Route of Sengoku Rance after putting it off for about a year >___<
still haven't been able to complete all the CGs though :\
now, contemplating on what to play next =P

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm reading Mirai Nostalgia, currently on Iori's route. It's a pretty nice story so far, and hopefully nothing tragic will happen (just not in the mood to get depressed. >: ). I like how they managed to create a simple slice-of-life story, but at the same time managed to give you this feeling that something's going to happen real soon, like the clock is ticking or something... Then again, everytime Anna shows up, I feel like they're showing some kind of foreshadowing.
Also, I love the whole "magical realism" feel it gives.

I have to say, though, I'm super excited for Hapymaher, Purple's new game. It looks great.
kukimunstir wrote:Ever17 -the out of infinity-(quite old vn). I'm done with one route....I think. Maybe I didn't focus enough that's why I'm a little bit lost. And the ending is...I don't really get it. I really need to replay this .
SpoilerShow
lol whut she's the imouto. so much time wasted flirting with own sister
Trust me, it all makes sense by the time you get to the true route.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I recently finished Rance 3 and 4, and am now playing the remake of Rance 1.

When I first played Rance 1 I found it okay but my main drive to go through that very old graphics and gameplay system was because I wanted to play the some of the newer ones of the series and wanted to play them in order. 2 has the 2010 remake and is pretty great graphics wise. While both had interesting characters, the story in them was pretty simple, just focusing in a job Rance takes with no bigger implications. Rance 3 was the first high of the series imo, cause it increased the scales of the conflicts. Here we have nations at war, lots of characters on your side and enemy side, here we learn about the kind of enemies that transcends more than just one game and that the universe actually has a lot of history. So 3 really made me get hyped for the series. Rance 4 was a more one location self-contained story like 1 & 2 but still kept expanding on the universe story.

As still in doubt whether I should try going for Japanese 5 and 6 or wait for the trans to finish as I'm hyped over the series, I went to play the first game remake released a month ago or so. And man, I'm glad I dd. It's visuals are great. And for the battle and dungeon exploring they went with a pretty unique and interesting system.

I'm also looking forward to next year Rance 9 as it seems to have an strategic battle system on the lines of Fire Emblem, which I really like.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by kukimunstir » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I'll replay again Ever17....one fine day

So I played this vn Prince Maker Braveness. I'm not sure if it's really vn but I assumed it's vn so it's vn k
Then in one of the guide saying that my boy(the char i'm raising i'm teh sister/guardian) will meet girl by the time he's 15/18.
The boy I'm taking care of now is already 18 now and no girl found yet but we found another boy instead O_O and my char said he's looking forward to meet the guy again O_O arrrr I have no idea anymore
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

kukimunstir wrote:I'll replay again Ever17....one fine day

So I played this vn Prince Maker Braveness. I'm not sure if it's really vn but I assumed it's vn so it's vn k
Then in one of the guide saying that my boy(the char i'm raising i'm teh sister/guardian) will meet girl by the time he's 15/18.
The boy I'm taking care of now is already 18 now and no girl found yet but we found another boy instead O_O and my char said he's looking forward to meet the guy again O_O arrrr I have no idea anymore
;) ohohoho you should just go along with it kuki ;3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 am

Yeah that's what I did
After how many times, I've lost count how many times I played this already but still the ending...
Prince Maker BravenessShow
yay so we met a very beautiful girl. and we also met the boy again -.- (total: we met with the girl once and the boy twice)
and i still had no idea the ending why suddenly the boy i'm raising he's wearing maid outfit like hayate @[email protected] and became poor? I thought we have pretty good financial. Agh so confuzzled.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:25 am

I probably won't pick up the anime. Now reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 am

Just finished Asa's route in Shuffle! last night. What a difference going through "pure" routes makes when compared to the combined routes of the anime. Not that I disliked the anime (quite the opposite, actually), just that there are differences to be had. Either way, not bad for a nine-year-old visual novel (and Navel's first).

I must also scold myself for still not having finished Kanon, Tomoyo After, or the last two routes in Canvas 2...
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:46 am

Kordosa wrote:Just finished Asa's route in Shuffle! last night. What a difference going through "pure" routes makes when compared to the combined routes of the anime. Not that I disliked the anime (quite the opposite, actually), just that there are differences to be had. Either way, not bad for a nine-year-old visual novel (and Navel's first).

I must also scold myself for still not having finished Kanon, Tomoyo After, or the last two routes in Canvas 2...
Get a box of tissues for the ending of Tomoyo After, I cried.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 am

Desufire wrote:Get a box of tissues for the ending of Tomoyo After, I cried.
Yeah, I've already been partially spoiled. -_- I know what happens, but not the events and circumstances that lead up to and explain how and why it happens.

Also, judging from my prior experience with the anime adaptation of Kanon, I may need more than one box of tissues for Tomoyo After.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Have anyone read Amane Switch? It is a very dark VN but somehow it feels like a nukige.
I've asked around and people said it's a very dark utsuge but the official site seems to portray it as a nukige.

So if anyone have finished Amane Switch, is this a nukige? I don't want to get a nukige since I hate them -_-
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:08 am

I completed Lisianthus' and Nerine's routes in Shuffle! earlier this week. Nerine is :love:

And today, I completed what may or may not have been the True End for Tomoyo After (I don't know how many endings there are, or how similar they are; the one I completed felt substantial, though). Either way, I curse Key/Visual Arts for the latter half of the game... My poor tear ducts. I'll be backtracking a few different flags since it seems the logic behind getting the various endings is not as obvious (at least it wasn't to me).
Jiharo wrote:Have anyone read Amane Switch? It is a very dark VN but somehow it feels like a nukige.
I've asked around and people said it's a very dark utsuge but the official site seems to portray it as a nukige.

So if anyone have finished Amane Switch, is this a nukige? I don't want to get a nukige since I hate them -_-
A late reply here (but better than no reply at all, I guess).

I haven't played this one, nor am I particularly bothered by researching VNDB for tags, so I looked this one up. Neither "nukige" or "utsuge" are tagged on this game. If you hide all spoiler tags for the VNDB entry, you do get "Heroine with Psychological Problems" at 3.0; "Sexual Content" at 2.5; "Jealousy" at 2.5; "Violence" at 2.0; "Early Sexual Content" at 1.5; and "High Sexual Content" at 1.0.

I'm guessing that the "Nukige" tag isn't present because I assume the VN has a strong narrative in addition to the sexual content (as opposed to having a weak or nonexistent narrative). And just from browsing the entire list of associated tags, I think your first description of "dark" fits better than "Utsuge" since the latter is more about being depressing or having a downer ending. And things can be dark without either.

Feel free to check out the VNDB entry if you haven't already. Tags that are spoilers are hidden by default, as are sexual content tags. And you can toggle the tag categories on or off independently.
QuotesShow
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 am

@Kordosa: If the latter half read Tomoyo After After you got the true ending
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Desufire wrote:@Kordosa: If the latter half read Tomoyo After After you got the true ending
I'm not sure about this since I was too engrossed in the story to pay attention to anything else. Let me put it another way: How many of the endings included closing credits set to Lia's "Life is like a Melody"?
QuotesShow
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 am

Kordosa wrote:
Desufire wrote:@Kordosa: If the latter half read Tomoyo After After you got the true ending
I'm not sure about this since I was too engrossed in the story to pay attention to anything else. Let me put it another way: How many of the endings included closing credits set to Lia's "Life is like a Melody"?
If your ending did not end after an H-scene in Tomo's hometown, then you got the true ending
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 am

Desufire wrote:If your ending did not end after an H-scene in Tomo's hometown, then you got the true ending
Major spoilers for discussion on ending(s)Show
Okay then. But from all of the "death" tags floating around in the spoilersphere, I was under the impression that Tomoya's death would be explicitly shown in-game. Instead, in the ending I received, Tomoya takes the operation, it fails but he doesn't die from it. Instead the in-game text says he was in ICU for a while but was then released. There is then a long text-only monologue from Tomoyo's perspective (as "Forest Bear") that never explicitly states Tomoya died later, but if you read between the lines, you could come to that conclusion.
QuotesShow
mazza411
Imouto
Imouto
Wish: for Touhou to become eligible in ISML

Post by mazza411 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:20 am

Jiharo wrote:Have anyone read Amane Switch? It is a very dark VN but somehow it feels like a nukige.

I'd call it a very dark utsuge more than a straight out nukige. I didn't find it that good though so I would give it a pass.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:59 am

Kordosa wrote:
Desufire wrote:If your ending did not end after an H-scene in Tomo's hometown, then you got the true ending
Major spoilers for discussion on ending(s)Show
Okay then. But from all of the "death" tags floating around in the spoilersphere, I was under the impression that Tomoya's death would be explicitly shown in-game. Instead, in the ending I received, Tomoya takes the operation, it fails but he doesn't die from it. Instead the in-game text says he was in ICU for a while but was then released. There is then a long text-only monologue from Tomoyo's perspective (as "Forest Bear") that never explicitly states Tomoya died later, but if you read between the lines, you could come to that conclusion.
True ending. Tomoyo After is one of the most gut-wrenching utsuges ever
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:28 am

Desufire wrote:True ending. Tomoyo After is one of the most gut-wrenching utsuges ever
Spoiler-related responseShow
I actually wish his death had been explicitly shown in game instead of only alluded to. It just didn't feel complete to me.
I was still feeling down after 24 hours so I decided to watch an episode of Aria. That did the trick.

Only problem is, I'm still missing some scenes, so I'll need to go back and play it again...
QuotesShow