Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Ninja cadet
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 pm
- Melon Pan: 50
- 2021 Female Favorite: Aqua
- 2021 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
- 2020 Female Favorite: Alice Zuberg
- 2020 Male Favorite: Dio Brando
- 2019 Female Favorite: Haibara Ai
- 2019 Male Favorite: Edward Elric
- 2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
- 2018 Male Favorite: Armin Arlert
- Wish: I wish I was in Anime World :'(
A century after its birth, animation continues to evolve. The most exciting developments are found on two distinct fronts: the anime (“animation”) of Japan and the prime-time television cartoons of the United States. An offspring of the dense, novelistic style of Japanese manga comic books and the cut-rate techniques developed for television production in 1960, anime such as Miyazaki Hayao’s Princess Mononoke (1997) are the modern equivalent of the epic folk adventures once filmed by Mizoguchi Kenji (The 47 Ronin, 1941) and Kurosawa Akira (Yojimbo, 1961; “The Bodyguard”). Kon Satoshi’s Perfect Blue (1997) suggests the early Japanese New Wave films of director Oshima Nagisa with its violent exploration of a media-damaged personality.