Spring 2011: Your Thoughts and Expectations

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Spring 2011: Your Thoughts and Expectations

Post by Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 am

My current list for Spring is the following.

TVA: Moshidora, Dog days, Nichijou, Hen Zemi, Hana-Saku Iroha, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa nai, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, Steins;Gate, Sket Dance, Hidan no Aria, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Maria Holic:Alive, TWGOK Season 2, Ano Hi Mita Hana

OVA/Movie: Kampfer, Baka to test #02, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Amagami SS, Kaichou, Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo

That's already 14 TVAs. I always drop many and add some later, so the list will become much shorter after the first episode.

I am very excited for Spring season. Spring looks a lot better than 2011 Winter. :D
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
aly_angelflight
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Miyanaga Saki
Wish: A job to just land on my lap

Post by aly_angelflight » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 am

I'm considering watching all of these (though whether I'll have the time to keep up with them is a different matter, especially since I'm averaging 3 episodes a week lately).

Moshidora
Kampfer fur die liebe
Hen Zemi
Dog Days
Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Hana-Saku Iroha
Steins;Gate
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera
Sket Dance
Hidan no Aria
A Channel
Maria Holic Alive
Ao no Exorcist
Sofuteni
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Um, I'm planning on watching::
Kamper fur die Liebe
The World God Only Knows S2
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Denpa Onna Seishun Otoko
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
A Channel
Hidan no Aria
STEINS;GATE
Deadman Wonderland
Ao no Exorcist
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Hoshi o Oo Kodomo (Movie)
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shojo
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:13 am

Checked out Dog Days and wow...never been so trolled in my life. LOL!!! An all-star cast with a deceptive PV that gave the impression of some inter-kingdom war and after halfway through, you get hit with the realization that Dog Days is actually Marchen Awakens Romance meets...
SpoilerShow
...Takeshi's Castle.
Wiki reference
Anyway, Dog Day's first impression seems to be shaping up to be a good clean fun type of anime (which is always welcomed). Might follow for a few more episodes to gauge how well it latches onto my interests.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu

Post by Hakurouken » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi there!
Atm interested on:
Hidan no Aria
Moshidora
A Channel
[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
xxxHolic Rou Adayume
and other animes from winters season which havent looked yet.
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Kiopi wrote:Checked out Dog Days and wow...never been so trolled in my life. LOL!!! An all-star cast with a deceptive PV that gave the impression of some inter-kingdom war and after halfway through, you get hit with the realization that Dog Days is actually Marchen Awakens Romance meets...
SpoilerShow
...Takeshi's Castle.
Wiki reference
Anyway, Dog Day's first impression seems to be shaping up to be a good clean fun type of anime (which is always welcomed). Might follow for a few more episodes to gauge how well it latches onto my interests.
I was sold on it after Horie Yui started to speak :biggrin: I really like the cute character design and the cast as well. But I can't help but feel that it's not going to remain so lighthearted and the story will turn into something more serious later on.
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 am

Well so far, Hanasaku Iroha and Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai are both okay, though the latter one kind of confused me, but I'll figure it out :P And STEINS;GATE 's confusion for me was pretty much expected, considering I was completely lost after the second half of the first episode. Waiting to see how Hoshizora e Kakaru Hoshi will be like...
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:19 am

So far I have watched

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, Tiger & Bunny, Nichijou, and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. I don't think I'm dropping any of them, even though Oretsuba was confusing and I don't know what the hell they are doing with this show. Nichijou was another what-the-hell-am-I-watching show, but characters are cute. But so far the show's not that funny. :/ Tiger & Bunny was quite interesting and I sincerely hope this doesn't end up with flop-what-the-freak endings like past Sunrise shows. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi was.. that's my guilty pleasure show. lol.

+edit
Today I watched 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku, A-Channel, and Steins;Gate episode 1. 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku was lolololololololol mostly due to censhorship... overdone censorship was quite funny, actually, but it destroys the whole purpose of this show. I had too...high expectation for A-Channel and it didn't meet it, but it wasn't bad. Characters were cute but it's hard to pinpoint what's fun about this show. Is this show even funny? hmm. Well, Run is totally adorable and Yuuko is just... awesome. My favorite character of this show. :) As for Steins;Gate, I was totally confused so it's hard to say something about this show.
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:51 pm

AnoHana is shaping up to become my fave show this season. Just one episode and I could already see its potential.
I wasn't expecting much plot-wise, heck it wasn't even on my to-watch list, and boy was I surprised.
It's still too early to say anything but I really hope it keeps up the momentum.

My other fave is Hanasaku Iroha. The characters seem really likeable plus Mamiko Noto-sama is in the VA cast. <33
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:40 am

I completely agree with the post above me :)

I really loved the first episode of AnoHana, and I really can't wait to see the next episode. Hanasaku Iroha is a nice slice of life sort of thing, and it's a nice breather sort of anime to me. I don't really know what to say yet for Oretachi, because for now the plot doesn't seem to be moving anywhere yet. Hoshizora seems like a cute one, typical shojo romance harem anime though :P
I haven't got to watching Astarotte's Toy or Denpa Onna yet, but I'm sort of planning on doing so.
I'm also a bit worried about starting up Deadman Wonderland. They say it's horror and the comments said the OP was pretty gory so I stopped before I would get freaked out LOL :P If it gets good reviews though I'll consider watching it :P
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:36 am

Already checked out the following:
  • Dog Days (Ep01 & 02)
    Seems to be shaping up quite nicely. Its cutesy "suitable for all ages" theme is starting to endear itself to me. Don't know if it will get better but it ain't bad either.
  • Nichijou (Ep01 & 02)
    Has that Azumanga feel to it although the quirkiness is a bit more outlandish. All is good.
  • A-channel (Ep01 & 02)
    Did I just see Mio when she was young? LOL! Unlike the more slapstick-oriented Nichijou, A-chan's humor takes a more subtle form I think. Anyway, will follow it of the cute designs...and Yuuko.
  • Sket Dance (Ep01 & 02)
    Liking it so far with no complaints despite the one or two case per episode format. Onihime is cute IMO.
  • Fireball Charming (Ep01 & 02)
    Continuation from the previous season. But the new design...-.-;
  • Kaiji S2 (Ep01)
    Continuation from the previous season. Still has that dark charm which made the first season so engrossing.
  • Maria Holic Alive (Ep01)
    Continuation from the previous season. Nothing new here. It's as SHAFT'ed as it gets.
  • Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (Ep01)
    One episode is not enough to judge whether this series will keep me entertained or not.
  • Gintama S2
    Continuation from the previous season.
Sitting on my HD but haven't watched are Deadman Wonderland and C. Quite a few more titles that I'm interested in checking out but will wait till it finishes first (insufficient HD space LOL!).
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Here's my initial impressions:
  • A-channel: I absolutely love the characters and their interactions, it gives plenty of laughters. I think I'll nevet get tired of Tohru teasing Yuuko :)
  • AnoHana: the first ep foreshadows lots of tearjerker moments and I like serious shows so I'll definitely enjoy it. I'm eager to know the characters and their pasts which led them to their current state. It has the potential to become the best show of the season.
  • C: the first episode depicts a really interesting setup, I expect a lot of twists and turns with some intense moments. Also a 'potentianally best' xD
  • Deadman Wonderland: wow, just wow! Among all the shows, this is the one which had the biggest impact on me initially. Hopefully censoring won't ruin the fun.
  • Dog Days: very cute anime with an all-star cast, I'm excited to hear what kind of character Pikasha will play. I know I'm gonna enjoy this one :)
  • Hanasaku Iroha: amazing animation and an interesting story, I'm glad I picked up this show although I wasn't planning to watch it first.
  • Hidan no Aria: I already stated my opinion in the series's respective topic so I won't repeat that here.
  • Kaiji S2: the first season left me confused, because I went through it in a mere three days recently, but I only gave 7 points on MAL. Usually if I watch something in such a short time, it ends up on at least a 9. Hopefully the second season won't be as predictable as the first.
  • TWGOK II: the continuation had a good start, I expect the same, enjoyable series I saw two seasons ago :)
  • Nichijou: this show is so weird, I can't even pour it into words xD Randomness everywhere with likeable characters, I just need to pick my jaw up when the episodes end :)
  • Sengoku Otome: it's good enough for me to watch it as of now, if it won't get better, I might drop it later since I'm already watching too much. Main character is fun to watch though, I like these kind of setups :)
  • Steins;Gate: another weird show, I couldn't bring myself to watch the second ep yet. This is not a good sign in my book, I'm strugling with it already ^^;
  • X-Men: I hate the artstyle, I think I can consider it dropped since I haven't feel the urge to watch the rest yet, after I saw the first episode. Even though I really like X-men...
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.

Post by Dusk252 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 am

What I've watched so far (and I don't plan on starting anything else for now):
  • Steins;Gate: Watched the first 2 episodes and this already sucked me in. I'm really interested in all the mystery and stuff, Okarin is great and both the OP and ED are amazing. It's painful to wait for the next episode and this has the potential to be my favorite of this season.
  • Deadman Wonderland: Wow, just wow. I watched the first episode right now and I'm really impressed at how angry I was after watching it. Losing everything you cherished and being blamed for the happening that took it all away must be really painful... The setting is really interesting and this promises to be a great anime.
  • [C] - The Money of Soul and Probability Control: I was curious about this. After the first episode I'm... more curious. It was strange, yet surprisingly engaging. It has a great concept and I'm looking forward to seeing a kinda surreal and fantastic approach to the weight money had in people's lives and what people would do for money.
  • Hanasaku Iroha: Watched the first 2 episodes and it was a lot better than I expected. Mainly because of the characters. Ohana is such a great character: she's just different than your usual main characters nowadays and that was a breath of fresh air. Gotta watch episode 3 right now.
I don't think I'll watch anything else, even though I'm also interested in Ao no Exorcist and AnoHana because that's already too much for me. I don't like watching too many things at a time and I already have Gosick that carried from the winter season (as well as Madoka but that'll end soon - fortunately since I'm having a really hard time dealing with this seemingly eternal wait).
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:50 pm

• A Channel - I never make a point of remembering all the names straight away, but the girl with the baseball bat is sociopathic. :shock: Not to mention we have a poor man's Mio and Yui on display here. I can see myself dropping this soon, if I get bogged down in all the other anime I'm watching/want to watch.
  • Ano Hi Mita - This first episode has sufficiently got my attention, I'll be interested to see how this develops - as long as it doesn't become too melodramatic.
  • C - This was among my most anticipated anime, mainly because I didn't know much about the plot at all, and I also have good hopes for this. I really like the concept of the anime, I just hope that there will be more to it than the fight we saw developing throughout the episode. Also, I really like the voice when 'the machine' is talking.
  • Denpa Onna - I felt sorry for Makoto throughout this episode. :P But now the 'mystery' behind the main female lead has been revealed, where will the anime go from here? I'll be interested to see, but it's started off well enough. I could see the continuous dialogue which gets nowhere starting to grate on me as time goes past, however.
  • Hanasaku Iroha - Another one of my more anticipated shows, and it has started well to deserve such anticipation. Although, having said that, I do think all the workers there have come across as overly antagonistic. This better not be just so 'development' of the characters can be inserted...
  • Hidan no Aria - Generic show is generic. At least the male lead isn't an invertebrate.
  • Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II - I liked the first season, and this appears to be following in its footsteps, so all is well here. :)
  • Nichijou - An average start to what will likely be an average anime. Okay, some bits have made me laugh, but other bits have fallen flat.
  • Steins;Gate - I imagine I'm not the only person confused at the end of the first episode, but I've yet to watch the second episode yet. I have good hopes for this one as well.
I'm watching quite a few, so I will likely drop at least a couple before the season ends, but I also want to check out Deadman Wonderland which I've heard good things about.
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 am

I don't really have that much time. I will just follow at most 3 anime at the time. One of them is Gosick.

Nichijou - LMFAO! Will definitely follow.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - dropped after watched 90 second even though it is adapted from a visual novel.
A Channel - will try
C - will try
Hana-Saku Iroha, Steins Gate - no plan on trying, but have someone trying it. XDD
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - will try since it is also adapted from a visual novel.

For summer, since I will have little more time than now:
R-15 - Definitely follow!
Kamisama no Memochou - will try
Aquarion Evol - will see
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi - will try
Rokyubu - will follow
Usagi Doroppu - will see
Kamisama Dooruzu - will try
Tamayura - will follow
Dantarian no Shouka - will try
Neko-shin ya o Yorozu - not sure
Blood-C - will let my friend to try it first XD
Blade - will try
Mayochiki - will try
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 2 - will not try since did not even watch the first one
Last edited by Midst on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 am

Hm, Spring-Series? As I actually don't have enough time to follow all new series, and in fact I have never followed more than 3 in one season in the past.
So far I have watched only Hana-Saku Iroha and I think it a good show. So I probably will watch this show and follow it after every episode is released.
Then the probable Anime in plan may be Hidan no Aria. Though I haven't watched even one episode at the moment, I might wait a little longer for observing to decide whether to watch it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am

Seems odd but Fireball Charming is a prequel to the original. Just check the years on each episode title.
Space Opera
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:06 am

AnoHana Ep. 2 was pretty nice. Didn't leave an enormous impression, but I still think that this anime might become one of my favorites for the season.
[C] - Didn't watch Ep. 2 yet, but Ep. 1 was pretty interesting. Is the plot just going to be about the main character fighting?
Hanasaku Iroha - Another nice episode (3), will continue.
Steins; Gate - lol. this anime always leaves me confused. But I watch it anyways :P
Hidan no Aria - a bit typical, but okay.
Hoshizora - Seems okay for now, though I'm more interested in the black haired girl than the orange haired main girl :P
Oretachi - No solid opinion yet.
A Channel - I kind of began to dislike the main, so I dropped it. But I might pick it back up later.
Kami Nomi II - Yes! Haqua makes her appearance!
Deadman Wonderland - Haven't watched yet. Can someone tell me the overall plot or how the impression of the anime so far is?
Astarotte's Toy - It seemed cute, but I wasn't really interested, so I dropped it.
Denpa Onna - Haven't tried yet.

@Midst-- they already announced the Summer line up? o.o I should look it up XD And oh! Baka Test II? I didn't know they were making one :P Though probably the only reason I'll be watching will be because of Shouko :)
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 pm

AnoHana - Easily my favorite show of the season. Probably of the year so far. Lots of room for character development and I'm really looking forward to how they handle it.

Hana-Saku Iroha - Was initially my favorite of the season before AnoHana came out. I like that Oreha reminds me of Hirasawa Yui (maybe it's just the hair) except she's a bit cynical and with more brains. And also the art in this show is spectacular.

Denpa Onna - I'm not quite sure what to expect from this one. It could be either really good or pretty bad. So far it looks like its worth continuing. The art in this one is also really good, though not nearly as good as Hana-Saku Iroha.

[C] - Looks pretty cool. I'll keep watching.

Deadman Wonderland - Looks like it's going to be as at least good as High School of the Dead. I'll say though, it has a pretty long, elaborate (and highly unlikely) setup for getting this kid into prison. Although for the most part the acting, particularly the lead character, is real and believable. And although the setup is a bit weird, the writing is pretty good. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have time to watch this one.

Nichijou - Looks crazy. It'll probably be pretty good but I dropped it for now

Hidan no Aria - As much as I like Taiga and Shana, I've had about enough of KugiRie for awhile ^^; maybe later

Moshidora - Still waiting for this one
Last edited by loudmouth on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:04 am

Oh, I forgot to mention. I finally got to watching Ao no Exorcist Ep.1. And though it's not one of those shoujo-ey romanc-ey animes (xD) i think it has good potential to be a good action shounen anime :P The main character is likeable in personality, so I don't think I'll have any problem with it later on.