Hidan no Aria

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Re: Hidan no Aria

Post by Wolfnagi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Derp, I personally thinks this series would have a second season.
Sure, they didn't delve into the novel as much as I hoped but come on, look at ZnT.

It will come out, eventually xD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Chances of a second season are pretty slim, considering how the BDs didn't sell as they were expected.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 am

Hidan no Aria, episode 2Show
This episode was a bit better than the first now that I've been able to accept the setting for what it is. I did laugh at the "Quest" concept, though. And as for Kinji's quest, he should have taken a page from Final Fantasy XII and asked the person who posted the Quest for more information instead of aimlessly wandering around searching for the cat. And I like Shirayuki. Not only is she voiced by Mikako Takahashi, but she's got the whole yandere thing going on. When Kinji said he wasn't hiding anything, she was quite Rena-like (the eyes, not shouting "uso da!"). And Riko seems to have a thing for EGL fashion, which definitely isn't a bad thing. And good grief, Aria plays up the whole cuteness angle. I admit I kind of liked her aggressiveness in the beginning saying she was going to stay there, lol. Will continue to see how this goes.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.

Post by Metaler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am

Kordosa wrote:
Hidan no Aria, episode 2Show
This episode was a bit better than the first now that I've been able to accept the setting for what it is. I did laugh at the "Quest" concept, though. And as for Kinji's quest, he should have taken a page from Final Fantasy XII and asked the person who posted the Quest for more information instead of aimlessly wandering around searching for the cat. And I like Shirayuki. Not only is she voiced by Mikako Takahashi, but she's got the whole yandere thing going on. When Kinji said he wasn't hiding anything, she was quite Rena-like (the eyes, not shouting "uso da!"). And Riko seems to have a thing for EGL fashion, which definitely isn't a bad thing. And good grief, Aria plays up the whole cuteness angle. I admit I kind of liked her aggressiveness in the beginning saying she was going to stay there, lol. Will continue to see how this goes.
I really like Riko a lot... But only in the sense that I think she's hot as fuck. Damn, what a girl.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 am

Hidan no Aria, episode 3Show
Remember how I said the first episode was a rip-off of Speed? Well, this episode more or less shamelessly copies it. Seriously, a bomb on a bus and it can't go below a certain speed. How blatant can they get? What's next? A luxury cruise liner? Also, bullet-proof school uniforms... And they don't look bulky at all... Sure, why not? I will say Reki's sniper shot was pretty cool. And Aria doesn't seem to be so tsun as some of Rie Kugimiya's other characters.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am

Kordosa wrote:
Hidan no Aria, episode 3Show
Remember how I said the first episode was a rip-off of Speed? Well, this episode more or less shamelessly copies it. Seriously, a bomb on a bus and it can't go below a certain speed. How blatant can they get? What's next? A luxury cruise liner? Also, bullet-proof school uniforms... And they don't look bulky at all... Sure, why not? I will say Reki's sniper shot was pretty cool. And Aria doesn't seem to be so tsun as some of Rie Kugimiya's other characters.
SpoilerShow
Wait, you're telling me they made a sequel to that movie? I never heard of it till now. o_o

But yeah, from what I know, it seems like they have actual bullet-proof vests under their uniforms, so it's not that the uniforms themselves are bulletproof.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Metaler wrote:
SpoilerShow
...it seems like they have actual bullet-proof vests under their uniforms, so it's not that the uniforms themselves are bulletproof.
As I knowShow
It's their uniforms blocking bullets, at least in novel. One line is: "The handguns work like daggers in this kind of combat."
It seems that Vol. 11 is translated and I will read some days later.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 am

Hidan no Aria, episode 4Show
Hey, look! It's a cruise ship.... Damn it, really? I actually wasn't being serious when I suggested that, and it turned out to be true. Wtf? And holy crap, Riko... By the way, if the school uniforms are bullet proof, why don't they aim at each others' heads? Oh, but wait. They're not fighting to the death, they just want to put a show on for the viewers by firing lots of ineffective rounds, right?
Metaler wrote:
SpoilerShow
Wait, you're telling me they made a sequel to that movie? I never heard of it till now. o_o
Yeah, I didn't know about it until I saw the ending on TV several years after it came out. And I only took note because Temuera Morrison (who was Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones) played a part in it.
QuotesShow
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:43 am

Kordosa wrote:
...why don't they aim at each others' heads?
As their ruleShow
The students cannot kill.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 am

akumaxx wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
...why don't they aim at each others' heads?
As their ruleShow
The students cannot kill.
But...Show
And yet Kinji accuses Riko of killing his brother which she doesn't deny. But then again, she's not really part of the Butei, right? I'm going to assume she only enrolled so she could get close to Aria.
QuotesShow
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 am

Kordosa wrote:
But...Show
And yet Kinji accuses Riko of killing his brother which she doesn't deny. But then again, she's not really part of the Butei, right? I'm going to assume she only enrolled so she could get close to Aria.
Even I can't remember muchShow
Riko is that kind of joker - you don't know which word is real.
Anyway the anime only covers 3 volumes.

One more, as I see in novel... many of girls are friends after beaten up, at least to vol. 10.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:31 am

akumaxx wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
But...Show
Even I can't remember muchShow
Riko is that kind of joker - you don't know which word is real.
Anyway the anime only covers 3 volumes.

One more, as I see in novel... many of girls are friends after beaten up, at least to vol. 10.
SpoilerShow
Does the novel actually get better, though? Is there an actual story in it?
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 am

Metaler wrote:
SpoilerShow
Does the novel actually get better, though? Is there an actual story in it?
Until Vol. 10Show
After revealing the organization behind Riko(by now) Kinji and his fellows terminated that, resulting in a war of two factions.

But I need to read vol. 11 to check more.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 am

Hidan no Aria, episode 5Show
I'm so glad that JC Staff had someone on hand to properly do research on how to fly planes. Because you totally steer planes using the yoke. Seriously, no, Aria. Your little comment saying you've piloted small planes before is false. Because turning the yoke to either side raises and lowers the flaps on the wings, and therefore makes the plane ascend or descend. You steer left and right via foot pedals. Thank you, Reading Rainbow. Other than that... Riko. Using her school uniform as a parachute. After blowing a hole in the side of the plane in order to escape. And then firing missiles at said plane. *cue nosebleed* Shirayuki at the end was good, too.
QuotesShow
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am

Kordosa wrote:
Hidan no Aria, episode 5Show
I'm so glad that JC Staff had someone on hand to properly do research on how to fly planes. Because you totally steer planes using the yoke. Seriously, no, Aria. Your little comment saying you've piloted small planes before is false. Because turning the yoke to either side raises and lowers the flaps on the wings, and therefore makes the plane ascend or descend. You steer left and right via foot pedals. Thank you, Reading Rainbow. Other than that... Riko. Using her school uniform as a parachute. After blowing a hole in the side of the plane in order to escape. And then firing missiles at said plane. *cue nosebleed* Shirayuki at the end was good, too.
SpoilerShow
*Nosebleeds as well*. I love Riko, man. What a mountain of hotness.

But yeah, this show isn't particularly... realistic. And as much as I try to suspend my disbelief, it's just really hard to... believe what you see sometimes. lol
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 am

Hidan no Aria, episode 6Show
Go, Hamster Shirayuki! Mikos are awesome. And so are yanderes. And so is Mikako Takahashi. I can't lose. :D
QuotesShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 am

Finally got around to finishing this series off (sans the OVA at the moment).

I must say that I while I liked a few of the characters (chiefly Shirayuki and Riko), parts of the plot were rather weak and/or forced.
Episode 12/Ending/Overall ThoughtsShow
I had already had a feeling from the very first episode that the teacher was up to no good. He just had that vibe about him. And then he turns up as a researcher at the mansion and that sealed the deal. So when he transformed in episode 12, the only thing on my mind was why the heck he looks like a werewolf instead of a vampire. Oh, and I had already known the connection between the historical Vlad the Impaler and the story of Count Dracula so again, there were no surprises here. What was really jarring was the fact that the writer(s) decided to insert the supernatural into this otherwise believable (albeit just barely (students who can wield weapons?!)) story. I was already put off by the Speed references with the bomb-on-a-bus scenarios, and the whole Vlad angle didn't help. I ended up rating this a 6/10 on MAL because of this. The only things that were enjoyable were some of the characters and the comedy aspects (the latter of which are nothing new).
I'll update this once I watch the OVA, which I'm sure will be fanservice filler...
OVAShow
Fanservice as expected. But then there was the whole haunted inn angle too which was different. And a proposed threesome with Shirayuki and Riko? I think the answer would be obvious.
QuotesShow