Summer 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: Summer 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Post by Kordosa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:15 am

Blood-C, episode 8Show
What the heck? I'm starting to lose confidence in this series now. First, Tokizane said he was glad Saya wasn't gravely injured. So I guess having not-so-shallow slash wounds on an arm and a leg plus numerous slash wounds all over your back isn't serious? *facepalm* And then Saya lets the Elder Bairn at the school kill several of her classmates (yay for obtrusive censoring again), before finally deciding to pull out her sword and declare that she was going to protect everyone. A little late for that, isn't it? Oh, and why the heck was there a rubby duck in the bath?

As I thought before, I don't think twelve episodes was enough for whatever they're trying to pull off. Sure, the first four episodes were rather slow, but then they started speeding up the development much too fast after that. They should have decided on a 24-episode series. Even with the planned movie, the series' pacing and plot/character development has been very awkward. They should have chosen a set pacing for the series and left it unresolved at a cliffhanger or something and have the movie act as the climax/resolution.

Right now, Blood+ is far and away better than this. (Granted it had 50 episodes to do it in.) I'm still willing to see this series through to the end (plus the movie), but right now, it seems like it's going downhill.
And if anyone's interested, here's an ANN interview with the director and screenwriter for the series.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Mayo Chiki ep 9Show
He learns that two of the girls have a crush on him (not the physical kind XP), at least he's not completely clueless like many harem protagonists, and the maid fetish deal they based the entire episode on, I can see Subaru playing with later on
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm

baka test 9Show
Miharu lololol <3
KawanCido
Railgun
Railgun
Worships: Troll-sama (superunature)
Wish: Become the Lord of Spammers, tormenting the fake king, bullying clovie to death,Jeff fail at everthing he does and superu's cat get revived

Post by KawanCido » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 am

superunature wrote:
baka test 9Show
Miharu lololol <3
baka to test sounds fun. Should try it too, my lord?
Image Joker: Ruri;Gokou & Ace:Tachibana;Kanade
SpoilerShow
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 am

The question as to what flavor it was has finally been revealed after 5 years.
Nichijou Ep23Show
The mystery to Minase Akiko's "special" homemade jam is finally unveiled.
Just kidding. More of a homage thing since both are KyoAni's works.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:33 am

Hanasaku Ep. 23Show
Oh wow, Takako is very...uhh, capable of doing things ._. And yay for Ko and Ohana! Woooooo!!! ;3 Can't wait for the next epi~
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:48 am

Kami-sama no Memochou Ep. 9Show
What's up with the Japanese putting baseball in every goddamned anime they make? Shit.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 am

Usagi Drop Ep. 9Show
Smells like a different route as in comic.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Seemed to take a very long time for the site I visit to bring out the [email protected] this week :(
idolmaster 9Show
Started off with a (badly acted IMHO) murder mystery, and then turned into a real 'mystery' when they got back to the agency, Ami and Mami playing detective episode.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:20 am

Kami-sama no Memo-chou - Episode 9Show
Reminded me of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - Episode 12.
Anyways, it was just a baseball episode with Alice's team (obviously) coming out on top.
Nothing too exciting. But they did leave us with an epic cliffhanger at the end with the possibility of Ayaka's brother making an appearance in the next episode.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:41 am

A show of twins.
And another girl that eats but doesn't get fat?
Penguindrum Ep. 8Show
Ringo may go crazy...
I do wonder that, everything on that diary just happened in the way she didn't think of.
Blood C Ep. 8Show
When friends are killed in front of you, where is your oath, Saya?
If every Clamp title is linked together then it's totally sh1t.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 am

akumaxx wrote:
Blood C Ep. 8Show
When friends are killed in front of you, where is your oath, Saya?
ResponseShow
Considering Saya only had really strong reactions to Nene and Nono being killed, it's easy to speculate that either Saya simply has a small circle of friends (meaning that she doesn't have an emotional attachment to anyone else), or perhaps the continual use of her powers/continual killing of the Elder Bairns is making her more ruthless and less receptive to emotions. I recall an earlier episode where she tried to save a couple of fisherman or something and another where she let the town baker get killed by the Elder Bairn disguised as a train. For this particular episode, it seemed to me that she hesitated to protect her classmates because she didn't want everyone to know that she kills monsters. Either way, as TV Tropes so correctly attributed, she's a Failure Hero.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 am

akumaxx wrote:
A show of twins.
And another girl that eats but doesn't get fat?
responseShow
well, she was talking about having ruined her diet.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.

Post by Metaler » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
Kami-sama no Memo-chou - Episode 9Show
Reminded me of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - Episode 12.
Anyways, it was just a baseball episode with Alice's team (obviously) coming out on top.
Nothing too exciting. But they did leave us with an epic cliffhanger at the end with the possibility of Ayaka's brother making an appearance in the next episode.
SpoilerShow
Considering how the main story arc is starting with only 3 episodes left, I have completely, utterly lost faith in this show. But I'll finish watching it because why not.
Piece of shit Alice. You ain't no Victorique. D<

Also...
SpoilerShow
Alice already seems to have feelings for Narumi but... For the entirety of the series, I felt no chemistry between them whatsoever. They never seemed to be that close. In fact, Narumi seemed as close to Alice as the rest of the characters. So it feels like she started having feelings for him out of the blue.

It's like the creators of this show don't understand the meaning of Pacing and Character Development.
And now...
Idolmaster Ep. 9Show
I lol'd and cried at the censored roach. I cried because I don't know if that was intentional, or if the State is once again being a dick to its citizens.

Rousseau can go chew on monkey balls.
Yuru Yuri Ep.10Show
Nuuuu, only 2 eps left. ;A;
Poor Akarin and Chinatsu-chan didn't appear this ep again. How sad ;_____;
Chitose almost died of blood loss and her sister... Didn't even turned to Yuri-fangirl-mode.

Funny episode, with plenty of tsundere. <3
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:13 am

Rokyubu Ep. 9Show
I don't know this sister before... Need to check data.
R-15 Ep. 9Show
Okay, Fukune feels danger on Utae.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Some of Recent AnimeShow
Don't they know about time management. How the hell would you start the plot when the show's like more than halfway through? If I were the one to make the anime series, I would either make it 24 episodes to begin with or if it is 12, start right away. People never learn from their own mistakes I guess. Are they relaxing or too rush in making episodes.
Kami-sama no Memo-chou ep. 9 + rantShow
I gave it a chance again and again but I lost faith in this. Alice is no Victorique. I wonder why the studio even animated this knowing it would have a lot of wasted potential. Alice was not likeable at all. Narumi would deserve a better girl than her. I don't know what's the trend this season so why try like Gosick did? lolita tsundere ? pathetic sh*t thanks for trying. I'll finish this cause I started watching it.
Yuru Yuri ep. 10Show
Akarin didn't appear again. hmm
Blood C ep. 8 + rantShow
Clamp why oh why link the story? It looked like there are references here and there. I thought Blood series was unique but Clamp is so close to destroying it. This anime is trying too hard to make it good by making Saya wear glasses and make her cute... I don't think it was good as I expected. OK fine I'll finish this series. 2 - 3 episodes should be the measure.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:26 am

^ I agree with you on Kamisama. It's starting to become a piece of shit.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 pm

R-15 - Episode 9Show
loldrama...
Utae > Fukune
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Metaler wrote:^ I agree with you on Kamisama. It's starting to become a piece of shit.
I never really had much hope from the beginning. :/ Goddamn Alice though....her monologues piss me the fuck off.

On a more charming note...
IkokuMeiro ep 10Show
Firstly, I love the title of the show - Phantasmagoria. Episodes like this may me realise just how enchanting some simple things can be. I can't imagine a time in the future where genuine amazement and awe meet such a slideshow. It's quite saddening, actually, as is the presumably premature passing away of Claude's father. I really liked the ending where Yune 'saw' his father.

We are also treated to an adorable Yune all episode. Yune + cat-ears = This
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Post by bluemage » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 am

I never had hopes for Kamisama past the first episode.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012