How long have you been into anime?

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Manuel71
Nekomimi meido
Nekomimi meido
Melon Pan: 50

Re: How long have you been into anime?

Post by Manuel71 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:31 am

The oldest thing I remember watching was Saint Seiya, but I didn't know it was an anime. The first time I heard about japanese animation was when Dragon ball became popular (I was like 9), but for some reason, I didn't like it too much. Just watched a few episodes.
Then came Pokemon and it was the first anime I followed that I actually knew it was anime. I also watched Card Captor Sakura and Conan and some others series on the tv.
Then some friends began to go to anime events and one of them introduced me to Naruto (around 4 or 5 years ago) and so I got into downloading fansubs. The first anime's I remember downloading were Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble and Bleach (I dropped it some time later, however, along with Naruto).
And that's my story.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:00 am

Space Battleship Yamato (well Star Blazers really).
Last edited by ithekro on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Opera
Fabrice
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by Fabrice » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 am

How long have i been into anime....
I remember my first anime i saw was Kiki's delivery service back in the 90' but then Pokemon followed,
which after i got really into it :D
Basaka
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Basaka » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Darn, I need to watch Saint Seiya, Yamato, Hokuto no Ken and those old shows T_T
ARTA8SIMS
Befriender
Befriender

Post by ARTA8SIMS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Since I was 4? But that doesn't count. I will say I started to get addicted to it near the end of last year 2008 when I started playing Stepmania Anime mix. I remember the first few shows I watched are Angelic Layer, Shana, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Sky Girls. Then at the start of 2009 I got into Ture Tears, Index, Toradora, Minami-ke, Nanoha, Kamen no Maid Guy, Kannagi, Kodomo, AIR and a few Detective Conan which I have 543ep, all Live actions, OVA and Movies (Not the latest 1 tho). All these are between Oct 08 - Mar 09. And from there on I started watching ongoing show such as K-ON!, Eden of the East and Kurokami and now because I'm running a forum so I get to watch way more stuff then before. Now I'm watching Needless, Saki, Bakemonogatari, CANAAN, Hayate no Gotoku!!, Haruhi 2 (Bloody endless 8), Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou. This is basiclly a simple version of my anime history. More detail on MyAnimeList if you want to have a look and see how much time I killed with anime. LOL! :P
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
a5th
Ninja
Ninja
Wish: Sakura Tree

Post by a5th » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:12 am

I started watching anime since 5 years old, but i watched it only once a week because my local TV station just aired few anime and only on sunday. The shows started with Sailormoon, Dragonball, and Doraemon started from 7am-9am.Then Digimon aired when I was in third year elementary school. :bigsmile: I wathced Dragonball since kindergarten and the show ended when I was in second year highschool :shock: For now, many TV station airing most popular anime like naruto, eyeshield21, Bleach, and many more. I don't watch Bleach on TV because the dubbing is very horrible, so I watch Bleach from downloading in some fansub.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
Eisdrache
Translator
Translator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by Eisdrache » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

Does watching Pokemon/Sailor Moon/Digimon/Dragonball on tv count? I dont know which one of those shows aired first.

If not my first downloaded anime was probably Shana s1 but honestly I have no idea if I have seen something else before. If I had to guess I would probably say around 2006-2007. (actually Im surprised that its only 2-3 years, it feels to me like an eternity haha)

edit1: After a google search the first broadcasting of Pokemon on a german channel was ... 1999 o_o
edit2: Sailor Moon around 1997-1998 wtfff

Would mean its at least 8 years (considering that I didnt start from day1) that I was (partially) into anime, though the guess when I started active downloading is probably more or less correct.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:09 am

From 1970s