Fall 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: more

Re: Fall 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Post by Yakuman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:18 am

Working! ep. 2Show
OP is lame. It's basically the same as the previous season's just with a different (and worse) song. The episode itself was alright, Satou-san never fails to entertain me with his trolling. I can't believe that I had to wait 20 minutes for Inami to punch Katanashi-kun :|
Bakuman S2 ep. 2Show
I dislike Takahama, and I dislike Miura as well. I want Hattori back as their editor :\ But it seems like Miho and Mashiro are getting closer to each other. Next week we're getting back to the manga stuff finally.
Ben-To ep. 1Show
I can't believe that meganekko is voiced by Yuuki Aoi o.o She doesn't remind me of Madoka or Victorique or Tohru at all! How much more range she has, jeez? xD Anyway, the episode was sort of chaotic, but the whole plot doesn't make sense so I guess I don't have to worry about that. However, it wasn't too interesting, but I'll stay around for a couple more episodes to see if it's worth watching.
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Boku wa Tomodachi episode 1Show
Not a really good impression, I know were it is heading and I don't like that. I also don't like the lipgloss every girl has, and the manly voice of the female lead is just terrible, it would have been better if they used like Mio's voice actor. On top of that, I'm disgusted by the fact they made Elsie's and Saten's voice actor do a character that is totally not her. I'm still going to watch it, but I hope it will become better later on. (however the preview of episode 2 is a bad omen)
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:10 pm

C^3 Ep. 1Show
LOL I like Konoha :3 "Just a thought, but isn't it sad to have no breasts, even if you eat?" BURRRNNN <3
First episode was cute, the plot seems a bit generic, but I'll probably keep watching it.
C^3 Ep. 2Show
The theme song's graphics are really pretty~ So many cherry blossoms <3
HOLY SHIZ! That was such a complete change in atmosphere O-o Konoha turns into a sword, Fear is actually some sort of weapon to kill and she goes all crazy and--
I feel as if this was such a sudden change, that I don't really know how to react to it. But I do want to see more of Kirika, so I'll probably keep with it to see how it goes.
Mashi-Phony Ep. 1Show
Ehh...I'm not so keen on this series actually. Seems just like another generic harem anime. Probably about how he gets all those girls that don't like him to accept him and the merge between the two schools. I'm surprised how she so blatantly stated that she didn't want the merge in front of everyone. Not even bothering to hide it huh? But idk. Maybe I'll watch a few more episodes before deciding whether to continue it or not.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Ep. 1Show
LOL this seems like a fun anime to watch~ the first episode was better than I thought it'd be :3 Sena slilghtly reminds me of Kirino (OreImo) though. And the relationship between Yozora and Sena remind me of Kuroneko and Kirino.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:24 am

Ben-To ep. 1Show
Half the episode was him trying to remember what had happened, the other half.. didn't make sense. Didn't help that the sub I was watching wasn't that great of quality and the subbers seemed like they were new to the field, but still..
Here's to hoping that the next episode is better than this one.
C3 ep 2Show
Yep, definately seeing Portal here.
O.o Did Fear have a heart on her tounge? She likes saying 'I'll curse you'
And now I'm looking at the themes being way to upbeat for the themes of the show.
Phi BrainShow
Meeting the third member of the team. A puzzle-giver who tries to change the rules, and gets his title taken away for doing so. More of the mystery is revealed.
Nanoha is the muscle and the (map) memory
Looks like this one is staying in the plan.
Last edited by Bastion on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker

Post by Yakuman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:00 am

C3 ep. 2Show
So my average, fanservice-filled and boring comedy series suddenly does a 180 degrees turn and becomes a dark and bloody show with cute killing machines. Wow o.o It reminds me of Bakemonogatari for some reason, probably because of the art-style and the setup. I'm considering of not dropping this anime for now, but I'm not sold on it completely either.
Majikoi ep. 2Show
We're gonna have a lot of boobies when this thing comes out on DB/DVD :D Anyway, Majikoi is quite entertaining, some funny scenes made me smile, the action is not bad and we have fanservice too! :bigsmile: I might eventually stop watching since it's not overly interesting, but I've taken a liking to this action-comedy. So if my weekends won't be overly busy it's possible that I'll keep watching.
@Arcion: I think I know which subs are you talking about, I've met with it when I tried to watch the episode on a streaming site. I ended up downloading it with proper subs since the quality of the video was crappy. Then the episode made sense... sort of xD
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 am

Yakuman wrote:@Arcion: I think I know which subs are you talking about, I've met with it when I tried to watch the episode on a streaming site. I ended up downloading it with proper subs since the quality of the video was crappy. Then the episode made sense... sort of xD
I can't download with the computer I'm currently using, but the subs didn't seem to be wrong, just amateur, and the quality of the video didn't actually change anything.. I believe.

At least the subs weren't giving horrible trashy nicknames to the main characters.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 am

Kimi to Boku Ep. 1Show
What is that girlish boy? Disgusting!
Title rejected.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 am

JLoable91 wrote:
Boku wa Tomodachi episode 1Show
Not a really good impression, I know were it is heading and I don't like that. I also don't like the lipgloss every girl has, and the manly voice of the female lead is just terrible, it would have been better if they used like Mio's voice actor. On top of that, I'm disgusted by the fact they made Elsie's and Saten's voice actor do a character that is totally not her. I'm still going to watch it, but I hope it will become better later on. (however the preview of episode 2 is a bad omen)
SpoilerShow
Yeah, it's a tad unoriginal sometimes, but believe me it makes up with clever humour.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am

Watched first episodes of Kimi to Boku, Hunter X Hunter Remake, Chihayafuru, and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi S2. And up to episode 2 of Shinryaku!? Ika-Musume. So far so good, planning to keep watching all aforementioned shows.
shows mentioned aboveShow
Kimi to Boku's slow pace / low tension was a bit unexpected, but I like how there is a slice-of-life show about boys that are not... stereotypical teenage guys.

Hunter X Hunter Remake, on the other hand, on a bit fast pace compared to original anime. I'm still not comfortable with seiyuu changes, especially with Kurapika -- though I'm fond of Sawashiro Miyuki, she makes Kurapika sound like an attractive older woman rather than like an androgynous boy (Kaida Yuki, who was seiyuu for Kurapika in original anime, used her "female" voice when the series first started, but she got better later). Sawashiro has that particular (and noticeable) tone that's present when she acts -- unfortunately I think that's what is preventing me from fully liking her acting as Kurapika here. Takeuchi Junko in the original series was just perfect for Gon, so I'm a bit saddened that Gon was replaced as well. Not used to Leorio's voice either, since original had lower voice than the new version. Hopefully Killua and Hisoka (oh god, Hisoka...) will be better...? ._.

I was pleasantly surprised by Chihayafuru. I had assumed Karuta would be boring (by descriptions) but show has good opening and episode 1 was exciting (with pretty arts too!)

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi S2 and Shinryaku!? Ika-Musume... just like S1. :cooltongue:
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 am

Maken-Ki Ep. 1Show
After Queen's Blade, I am tolerant to censors.
May there be a good fight.
And the skirts are just too short.
On hold.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE episode 1Show
Back story of Flit Asuno, his mother's death when UE ( unknown enemy ) pillaged and destoyed his home colony. His mother gave him the AGE device which has the blueprint to build GUNDAM. Fast forward, 14 years and now he is living in Colony Nora. The colony got attacked by the UE. A squad of Geonide ( looks so much like Guncannon from Mobile Suit gundam ) was obliterated, as the Nova colony defenses were scrambled by the HQ to protect the colony. Flit boards the Gundam and managed to defeat a single UE unit ( which was later destroyed by its own ally ). The remaining UE unit retreated temporarily as returned later, initiating an attack to the colony from the outside.
The series has a rather distinct feel of Kidou Senshi Gundam ( 1978 ) which its animation mimicking that gundam metaseries a bit. I guess Sunrise and bandai are making this to cater the kids more as they are looking for a new batch of gundam fans. The previous batch ( me included ) started to follow the series since 1978 and in due time, the franchise demographic trend switched from kids ( Mobile suit gundam -> mobile suit gundam ZZ ) -> young shounen ( Gundam X, Victory Gundam ) -> shounen ( Gundam wing and gundam Seed ) -> seinen ( Gundam 00 ). I think they are restarting the cycle now, to entice younglings to embrace the GUNDAM RELIGION :P , and hopefully, these young'uns will be their strong fanbase in the next 20-30 yrs like we have been.

Remember,their main aim is not really highest TV ratings in Japan ( well, the airing time is at the primetime slot, so 10-15% viewing minimum is expected ofc ), but for these younglings to buy their merchandise = Model kits, action figures, HG/MG/PG , GunPlamo. There's where their gain most of their revenue.
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE ep. 1Show
Well, I decided to give this new Gundam series a shot.

While I'll admit that I was put off at first by the childish character designs, that flew out the window once the show began. Flit Asuno's mother died during the first invasion of the "Unknown Enemy (UE)." And right in front of him, too! (Zeta Gundam, eat your heart out.) But before her death, Flit is given a memory unit containing the blueprints for the Gundam--the only weapon that can counter the UE's mobile suits. (It's implied later on that the Asuno family have been building Gundams for generations...shades of Unicorn's Vist Foundation and Anaheim Electronics from before that. Or Celestial Being during the time Aeolia was alive.)

Seven years later, Flit completes the Gundam with the help of engineers at an Earth Federation Forces base located in the Nora space colony, and none too soon. The UE invades the colony, and the EFF's regular mobile suits are no match. Flit, being our protagonist, willingly enters the cockpit of the Gundam AGE...

Not much else to say considering it's the first episode, but yeah, I can't help but notice some traits from previous Gundam protagonists that were recycled for Flit. Boy genius MS engineer? Kamille Bidan. Boy who finds out his family is involved with stuff like Gundams? Banagher Links.

And while I've already cooked up a few wild mass guesses (e.g.: the UE are humans from colonies beyond the Earth Sphere--Mars or Jupiter maybe--who lost contact with Earth for some time), I guess I'm gonna wait for the next episodes to confirm or joss them.

Verdict: Will follow when I can, but not necessarily always.
Fate/zero ep. 2Show
OMFG...Broskander! Hell yes! And a nice scene for the Ilya fans.

Ryuunosuke...nah, he's still nothing compared to Zouken.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ep. 1Show
I can't wait to see more of "Niku" next episode.
Putting Shana season 3 on "marathon once it's complete" list. (Still too lazy to watch the S OAVs. ._.)
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker

Post by Yakuman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Phi Brain ep. 2Show
Annoying guy comes in and ruins the whole episode. It was all too cliché anyway, monster (or in this particular anime, puzzle) of the week -> near death situation -> armband helps Kaito solve the problem. And it's going to be like this until the whole cast whows up I guess. Boring.
Mirai Nikki ep. 1Show
It was definitely the best first episode of the season. I was only five minutes into the show and I already had goosebumps and stuff. The whole atmosphere is astonishing, I've got the feeling that I'm gonna give a 10 to this anime on MAL. I had a similar feeling when I watched Deadmen Wonderland except that it was a couple levels lower. My only problem is the whiny main character, but Yuno will make up for it with her sickness I guess. I can't wait for the next episode, I'm totally excited xD
ImageImageImage
Hakurouken
Flame haze
Flame haze
Worships: Konpaku Youmu

Post by Hakurouken » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Mirai Nikki Ep1Show
Definetly going to be the best of this season. The setting is interesting, art is good, nice animation, voicing and sound is awesome(faylan and yousei teikoku *-*), dark atmosphere and characters, and 26 scheduled episodes of it, makes this one my fav of this season. Have been waiting for this show right after i read part of the manga, and at the moment it has reached and passed my expectations. A 10 for me
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Koishinasai!! ep 2Show
Dark elements while trying to catch a dog, trying to blend serious with comedy and ending up with the wrong mix, amusing censor covers at least. Using a gun as a blunt object. Still not very interested in the show.
Mirai Nikki ep 1Show
Looks like Amano is writting a twitter. Starting sounds similar to Kazuki.
Deus' voice reminds me of the narrator of HnG, so that's very amusing
Diary owners.. why am I thinking this is similar to Death Note?
Looks like it'll be interesting, stays on the 'watching' list
Kimi to Boku ep 1Show
The site I use forgot to take down the preview, so I'm late with this one. Sakura?
OP reminds me of Durarara, one thing leading to another.
I'm afraid that if I watch this while sleepy, I'll end up falling asleep
Kimi to Boku ep 2Show
Tulips? Each episode has a flower theme?
Bad luck. Opening the door to see girls changing, and not reacting (or closing the door). He did it for the manga XP
Why in the world is she carrying those like that?
Lots of cat themes.
There's already plans to do a second season of this, and it's only two episodes in O.o
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:41 am

Chihayafuru, episode 1Show
I was a little apprehensive about checking out an anime adaptation of a popular josei manga, as I hadn't watched one before, and I think the western equivalent of this genre would be like watching Lifetime... But I checked this out anyway since Random Curiosity thought this might be a good series during its fall preview. And I enjoyed it. Karuta itself seems like an interesting game (and the episode was able to explain the basics easily enough in a very natural way). The art is also very nice too look at, although it took me a little while to get used to the character designs. All in all, it was great.
Mirai Nikki, episode 1Show
I knew this would be good. Basically, if you watched the 8-minute OVA then most of the first half will already be familiar to you with some differences. It'll be interesting to see how Amano's character develops over the course of this series. He starts off reminding me of both Shinji from Evangelion and Naota from FLCL. And I smirked when he thought that his diary meant that he was in total control of his life. I guess he never heard Yoda's words in The Empire Strikes Back: "Always in motion the future is." I'm anticipating a Heroic BSOD moment when something terrible happens around him that he failed to do anything about. It'll be fun. Oh, and Yuno is simply awesome. No wonder she's the trope image for Yandere.
Ben-To, episode 1 (with relevant Railgun screenshot)Show
The OP animation reminded me of Ikkitousen for some reason. And indeed there is a lot of fighting between high school students, but there's no Romance of the Three Kingdoms angle, nor are there exploding t-shirts. At least not yet. The plot itself is over-the-top so this is definitely a series you shouldn't try to watch seriously. The male protagonist is voiced by the same seiyuu for Akihisa from BakaTest and is also called an idiot in this episode so that might be a clue to how this series will progress. Also, the fish song in the supermarket. OMG, the fish song... lol. By the way, based off the following screenshot from Railgun, I want Touma to replace Satou as the male protagonist, because at least Touma seems to get it.

Arcion wrote:
Mirai Nikki ep 1Show
ResponseShow
There's a very good reason why Deus reminds you of HnG's narrator: It's the same seiyuu, the awesome Norio Wakamoto. And yeah, the diary thing itself might make it seem similar to Death Note, but I'd say it's an inversion because the diary owners aren't able to write the contents of their diaries and aren't able to directly affect what happens. They can only try to change things that have already been written that haven't taken place yet. And it'll depend on what kind of information is written in each diary owner's diary and how resourceful they are. That to me will be the interesting part. About who has an edge in staying alive in this "survival game" that Deus has arranged.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:31 am

C3 Ep. 2Show
Hmm, this is reminding me of Madoka. It starts out pretty light-hearted, then suddenly becomes dark and edgy. Also, the crazy faces remind me of Higurashi
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:26 am

Move some summer titles here.
Y'now 961 spells 'black'. Fight on 765 girls!
Additional info is that, Miki, Hibiki and Takane are former 961 members(in 1st game).
And there is an awaken version of Miki. Can we see it in anime?
Persona4 Ep. 1Show
Seems no relationship with 3. Treat as new and stay.
Ben-to Ep. 1Show
Lots of Laugh that they fight only for a half-prized supper.
And the girls... Hmmm...
Mirai Nikki Ep. 1Show
Recall me the Killer Queen(PC/PS2 game).
Can Amano save Yuno?
Gundam AGE Ep. 1Show
Well we have kids on drive, really kids too young for love.
Let's see...
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Chihayafuru, ep 1Show
Looks like another attempt to try something similar to Saki XD
The story kept me interested, though I didn't like all the other kids 'name calling', but I guess that's what happens. Seems like those two grew up together, the others came up around them?
Interested in keeping this one in the playlist.
Also watching 'shorts' Chibi Devi and Morita-san wa Mukuchi (which I think was a summer show, but only picked it up now with the second 'season'), but the episodes are short (3-10 minutes) and nothing much to write about.
Kordosa wrote:
Arcion wrote:
Mirai Nikki ep 1Show
ResponseShow
There's a very good reason why Deus reminds you of HnG's narrator: It's the same seiyuu, the awesome Norio Wakamoto. And yeah, the diary thing itself might make it seem similar to Death Note, but I'd say it's an inversion because the diary owners aren't able to write the contents of their diaries and aren't able to directly affect what happens. They can only try to change things that have already been written that haven't taken place yet. And it'll depend on what kind of information is written in each diary owner's diary and how resourceful they are. That to me will be the interesting part. About who has an edge in staying alive in this "survival game" that Deus has arranged.
@ KordasaShow
The most amusing part, is that there's also a 'deus' in the HnG storyline now, I wonder if he's going to be voiced by Wakamoto when he finally crops into the animation (probably season 4 or 5).
And it wasn't just the voice that sounded the same, the same inflections were there, which don't always carry over between characters.
@ Death Note, haven't actually watched/read that story yet, but the plotline'd sounded similar.
Same with Kazuki, except he was seeing/writing about an alternate reality (and the story was before Wi-Fi and cell phones), also, Amano's relationship with Yuno starts off the same as Kazuki and Mitsuki, including the 'setting off the plotline' setup.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 am

@ Kordosa and Arcion: Norio Wakamoto is in Mirai Nikki?! Awesome! Now I'm DEFINITELY gonna marathon the series once it's done! :lol:

Hell, Wakamoto could be considered the Sean Connery of seiyuu!
Norio Wakamoto adaptation of the "Rule of Sean Connery"Show
A = Anime's Awesomeness Factor without Norio Wakamoto
B = Awesomeness Multiplier of Norio Wakamoto = 100
C = Anime's Actual Awesomeness Factor
If Norio Wakamoto is in the anime then C = BA = 100A, otherwise A=C.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."