Toradora! ending thoughts

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Toradora! ending thoughts

Post by Chocola » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:04 pm

chaosprophet wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:In conclusion, I like the fact that J.C. Staff crammed 10 novels into 25 episodes. Any more would become a drawn-out love/hate relationship, which I would hate.
While I think their ability to get only the most importants parts of the novel and still make a great show with it was remarkable there were a good number of interesting scenes that could have been more detailed or that have been cut so I would have liked that it had around 39 episodes. Have you tryed to read the novels KholdStare88?
I haven't, but I've seen enough anime/manga to make a good judgment. Anime is completely different from manga. Manga is more about details and anime is more about keeping the viewers' interests. In this specific case, I could care less how faithful the series is to the manga because the series is already great by itself.
Val wrote:Very good ending to a great anime, probably one of my favorites started on 2008. Some unexpected twists (the whole marriage thing, Taiga running away o_o ) and perfect conclusion.
Well, i'm a little sad for Ami though.
Yeah, I love Ami. I think she is really strong since she never exhibit the whiny, emo trait from the usual harem characters. She's tough, wise, and in some ways that made her the most romantic one in my eyes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Toradora reminded me of why I love anime so much in the first place, and the time when I was still marathoning all the classics. If anyone still remembers my AS post a while ago about Toradora never reaching a 9 (in my book), then I've eaten my words and had given Toradora a 9. Maybe because it's the change of directions midway, or maybe the characters eventually grew on me. Either way, Toradora is one series that I'm not afraid to recommend to others.

Final episode: a fitting and satisfying end to an excellent series. Love how they tied all of the loose ends up (even Noto and Kihara). I do have a slight qualm about Taiga disappearing for one whole year and coming back as if nothing happened, but that can be easily overlooked. One of the better finales out there, I agree.
SpoilerShow
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Well I interpreted that as her trying to reconcile with her mom so that they both kept their promise, which was to marry with permission instead of while running away.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:39 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:Well I interpreted that as her trying to reconcile with her mom so that they both kept their promise, which was to marry with permission instead of while running away.
I'd read from AnimeSuki that Taiga might've been touched by Ryuuji's family interactions, and felt that she can't stay on bad terms with her own mom forever. Pretty reasonable when combined with your interpretation, but I just didn't like how it'd taken one year instead of two months in the light novel. Maybe JC Staff doesn't want any implications of them marrying while still in school? :\
SpoilerShow
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Yeah I agree that it's weird. However, it didn't affect me because we were not with Ryuuji during that year. The time skip made it all better in my opinion. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 am

Taiga is the best tsundere character I've seen in anything. This show is by far the best high school dramedy I've ever seen. Not much else to say that hasn't been said before; I loved the way it wrapped up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smasher
Alchemist
Alchemist

Post by Smasher » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:Yeah I agree that it's weird. However, it didn't affect me because we were not with Ryuuji during that year. The time skip made it all better in my opinion. :D
With the timeskip I also understood why Minorin slapped Ryuuji so hard. She realized that with Taiga leaving she had to miss her best friend that last year and kind of blamed it on him. Looking back, the show is actually pretty realistic in how the relationships and the human emotions and reactions are portrayed and that is what makes this show so good I guess. Even the whole 'Let's run away and get married' could easily happen in real life with children that age and it makes it all the more realistic that Ryuuji decided to go the grandparents instead. How would they survive with no place to live...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Well with they probably could live some time in Ami's Villa using the money Minori gave them and the food tickects Kitamura gave them... but they made the right choice to stop running from their problems at the right time.
Fabrice
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by Fabrice » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:22 am

Didnt really like like, well because im a minorin fan!
but i guess in the end it was meant to be like that.
Aeromax
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Melon Pan: 0

Post by Aeromax » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Well... to me, the story ended somewhere around ep. 13-16. After that, it didn't really seem like it had a coherent plot besides "sad girls in snow beating the hell out of each other ever 5 minutes". But then again, I didn't watch after 13 with high expectations, either...
CraigNinten
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by CraigNinten » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Hello guys, I have some words to say, before you read my post, I have to say sorry for my bad english, I dont speak english so often :oops: .

my opinion is, toradora do have a perfect ending, in my recall, right at the second that I finished the whole series, I droped my laptop, smashed on the wall and the floor and yelled to the sky (really stupid I knew -_- , luckly, nobody was around when I went to crazy)

toradora touch the deepest part of my heart, it remainds me the meaning of "young" :biggrin: ... a teenage, just said good bye to his childhood, living, loving, learning and grow up so fast, suddenly he encounter a unbeatable barrier(I cant explain what is it, but I can feel it), sadly, he still prematured and cant overtake this barrier, therefore he depression, suffering, self-denying. but finaly, with the help from his friends, he overtake this barrier, and became matured. :D

toradora brings me back to my middle school... at that period of time, I just cant find my role, want to grow up to be an adult but restricted by the reality, totaly lost and confused... a little bit like takasu-kun. :oops:

an emotional story with a happy ending, so good :lol:

lei me show you guys why I think taiga is "saimoe" :mrgreen:
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:11 am

I want another show like this.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Eisdrache
Translator
Translator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by Eisdrache » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:04 am

Smasher wrote: Anyways, some screencaps just for the heck of it:
SpoilerShow

I finally finished Toradora. I went from "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww she blushing" to "lmao head smack." All in all a very nice ending for a great series, even though I didnt like all that drama in the 2nd half of the series.
Smasher wrote:Perfect ending, for me anyways. Taiga is so amazingly moe O_o I really loved the black school uniform Taiga was wearing in the last scene!
The black uniform was sooooo much better than the red one they usually wear <33
raizoo wrote:I nearly dropped my tea when Inko-chan said his own name. ;~;!
And the pose Inko made was awesome xD
Nanochan
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Worships: Suzumiya Haruhi
Wish: Louise to win a necklace

Post by Nanochan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Because of the name I thought it was going to be about tigers, (yeah, I know) so I put it off for a bit. BIG MISTAKE. I recently decided to see it and I really liked the anime but I didn't really like the ending all that much. I think they should have made the series a little longer, like in the VN Taiga even got pregnant. Good anime but too short. And yeah, I feel sad for Ami too.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

New Toradora! OVA

Post by Kordosa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 am

Another thread rez. (Yeah, the thread title isn't exactly in line with this post, but I didn't feel it was worth making a new thread over.)

According to ANN, A BD boxset of the series will be released in Japan on December 21st. The last disc will include a new episode along with the Toradora! SOS shorts.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Re: New Toradora! OVA

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 am

Kordosa wrote:According to ANN, A BD boxset of the series will be released in Japan on December 21st. The last disc will include a new episode along with the Toradora! SOS shorts.
Please let it be an episode of pure Taiga x Ryuuji.
The last episode of the TV series left me craving for more.

I should go re-watch it now in preparation...
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:46 am

The last episode was Taiga x Ryuuji
I want the newest episode to be the year Taiga was gone because there are things that had happened because of the freaking timeskip.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:17 am

Or it could be an episode set a couple of years later, showing everyone's lives after the end. It would be fun~
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:57 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:The last episode was Taiga x Ryuuji
I want the newest episode to be the year Taiga was gone because there are things that had happened because of the freaking timeskip.
I would love it if that happens. Since we all know the ending was
HAVE YOU watched toradora until the end? if NO, do not open, or…Show
a fairy tail, with both Ryuuji and Taiga living happily ever after, i'd love to see what happened during that one yera time skip.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm personally hoping that it's about extra volume 1 (sakura and tomiie, however that name is spelled), although anime original wouldn't be bad either.