K-ON!

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
xandox
Season faery
Season faery
Melon Pan: 50

Re: K-ON

Post by xandox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:24 am

CrowKenobi wrote:Speaking of suits...

Image Image
I love how Ritsu's wearing the goggles to keep her sexy forehead!
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Talec wrote:
Demi. wrote:8-1 for some one like Konata is FAR TOO GOOD. IMHO. What people see in her, I'll never know. Oh wait...They see themselves...
and that makes her sexy & lovable & the perfect waifu.

To go on a love rage for someone like Mio or Fate... come on! You would play in a complete different ligue. :roll:
Otakus became aware of this and thankfull accepted with Konata a cool girl who would accept them with all their faults. :lol:

Whats next: Konata got a hang for cosplay and know all the sexual behaviour and 'turn-ons'. She can serve maaaaaany fetish, some otakus have.
Just because you aren't good enough for Mio or Fate, doesn't make them any less moe. And just because Konata is as imperfect as most of us are, certainly doesn't make her any more moe. I've been baffeled to why some characters are moe before, but seriously, how people find Konata moe...just confuses the hell out of me.

Onward to greater things - Mio is moe, and yeah, she makes the series for me, basically. She's like a better looking version of Kagami. Just more shy, and scared easily, which is moe. :love: - Some people say a character can't make the series, but I guarantee you, if Mio where not in it, I wouldn't even crack a smile. Her personality is basically the only thing that makes me laugh.
Yui = moeblob
Ritsu too genki for me
Rich girl and Yui's sister are fine, but still not on a comparable level Mio, imo.
Xellos
Bard
Bard
Melon Pan: 0

Post by Xellos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Ep4 was fantastic due to Mio. It almost feels like pandering, but maybe that's just because I'm a Mio fan.
Demi wrote:She's like a better looking version of Kagami.
As much as I hate to admit it...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Demi. wrote:Just because you aren't good enough for Mio or Fate, doesn't make them any less moe. And just because Konata is as imperfect as most of us are, certainly doesn't make her any more moe. I've been baffeled to why some characters are moe before, but seriously, how people find Konata moe...just confuses the hell out of me.
As far as ISML 2008 I've been trying to explain to you how I can find Konata very moe. Let's just leave it as something that some poeple can find even if you (and some others) wouldn't be able to understand it. :P I'm certain there are some people (even if a few) out there that can't understand how someone can find Fate not moe as difficult as it may seem.
Demi. wrote:Onward to greater things - Mio is moe, and yeah, she makes the series for me, basically. She's like a better looking version of Kagami. Just more shy, and scared easily, which is moe. :love: - Some people say a character can't make the series, but I guarantee you, if Mio where not in it, I wouldn't even crack a smile. Her personality is basically the only thing that makes me laugh.
Yui = moeblob
Ritsu too genki for me
Rich girl and Yui's sister are fine, but still not on a comparable level Mio, imo.
I would sai Yui is more of an airhead like Osaka (but more genki than Osaka) than a moeblob. Moeblob are shy / have a lack of confidence besides being clumsy.

Well I still haven't watched EP 4 (should do it soon though) but I can already see that it makes the Mio fanabase grown even larger...
Val
Uguu~
Uguu~

Post by Val » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Eps 4 definitely made me like K-On.

Moe Moe~~

I can't wait to seee how Mio will assume the singer role in the band.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 am

People keep going crazy about the meido scene but am I the only one to like that fact that Yui actually did something?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:27 am

raizoo wrote:I'd talk about episode four, but there's nothing that really needs to be said. Moe, moe. Kyun~

I do find it a little weird that Mio plays left handed bass, but right handed guitar. I think Crisu said maybe she just switches to whichever needs more dexterity [Does this mean we'll get pro bass solos from Mio in the future?], which reminds me....

- Knew a lefty that played righty guitar and said she wouldn't be able to play a lefty anything because she's used to fingering that way.
- Knew a righty that played a lefty guitar because he said it "felt more natural". I liked to think of him as an attention whoring dick, though, and I kind of laugh at him when lefty guitars are more expensive than regular ones and you don't get as many choices. But that makes me feel bad for the other lefties out there.

Now that I think about it, I guess it depends on if Mio learnt how to play the guitar before moving onto bass. Regular guitar → bass → finding out it's more comfortable playing LH bass wouldn't surprise me as much.
Talec wrote:Hmm, you think so? :D
After hearing her singing in that seiyuu group, sphere, which also includes Kotobuki Minako [voice of Mugi], I feel like she can't sing. "Happy!? Sorry!!" doesn't change my mind. I definitely dig Hikasa Yoko's vocals more. "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song" actually helped with that.

K-ON!'s OP and ED feels like Kannagi for me;
  • TV size makes them fun enjoyable for the most part.
  • I get bored listening to the full size. Cue both Kannagi and K-ON! ED.
  • Boring without the visuals. Derp, K-ON! ED and Kannagi OP.
  • Toyosaki Aki and Tomatsu Haruka both can't really sing, though it's harder to tell with Toyosaki as I've only heard maybe four songs with her singing in it and it's difficult to tell who is who sometimes when listening to sphere.
  • Protip: Tomatsu Haruka has even said that she doesn't enjoy singing.
  • Protip2: Tomacchan is also in sphere, which leaves me wondering why I downloaded Hatsukoi Limited's OP single. At least Takagaki Ayahi doesn't seem that bad.
If I go on any further, I'll just end up ranting about seiyuu like when I explode when people talk about Mizuki Nana/Hirano Aya. I mean Kugimiya Rie, Sato Rina, Kawasumi Ayako and Ito Shizuka have cute voices, but their singing is something I'd rather not think about.

Maybe I'm just not the type of person who can go "Oh, their voice is so 'moe', so their singing is, too!". Then again, the only person whose voice can do that to me can actually sing decently.
I have been hearing about good singing and bad singing multiple times in this forum. Before I give any opinions, I need to make it know what I consider as good singing.

Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 am

1) Aki Toyosaki is a good singer.
-I base my opinion on the OP, while raizoo base her opinion on some radio show with giggling involved. Are we judging the singing or the giggling? She knows quite well I share her same same opinion about Rie Kugimiya. Actually, I don't find Yui's talking voice cute at all, but her singing voice is. It has a special feeling to it.

2) The K-ON OP is not boring without visuals.

3) Aya Hirano is in my opinion the most talented VA after Rie Kugimiya and she deserves her popularity.

4) Nana Mizuki should have less crappy roles.

5) Su is kinda annoying.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 am

This show reminds me of a lot of other 4-girl star cast titles.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 am

Just saw episode 4. It was great! Lots of funny moments (Yui and Ritsu already are funny by themselves, together then!). Lots of moe moments from all the girls.
KholdStare88 wrote:People keep going crazy about the meido scene but am I the only one to like that fact that Yui actually did something?
You're not alone! I was surprised that Yui already is able to do some things. I was worried that the story would concetrate only on the characters fooling around and not much on the music part of it. Way to go Yui-chan!!
raizoo
Familiar
Familiar

Post by raizoo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 am

KholdStare88 wrote:1) Aki Toyosaki is a good singer.
-I base my opinion on the OP, while raizoo base her opinion on some radio show with giggling involved. Are we judging the singing or the giggling? She knows quite well I share her same same opinion about Rie Kugimiya. Actually, I don't find Yui's talking voice cute at all, but her singing voice is. It has a special feeling to it.
Talec wrote:I'm not very versed with the OP/ED, cause I always receive the episodes without OP/ED :( So I hardly remember the OP/ED, but hasn't Aki sung the OP? Well, I liked it, it spays this typical 'moeness' in my ears. :D
Pretty sure that's the whole reason why I even brought up "moe" when talking about her singing. Actually, I think that's why I even made that tl;dr kind of post anyway because I've seen similar comments elsewhere and I was getting peeved. And if I were judging based off the radio show, where they haven't sung as far as I'm aware, I'd be making fun of Kotobuki Minako and Hikasa Yoko, too. Or at least when I know who is who. And I guess I'll take your radio comment seriously. Thanks for thinking I'd do that. :>

I think I posted before saying how it's hard for me to tell if Toyosaki is decent because I've only heard her in four songs. Two of them are character songs and I try not to judge character songs.

So, what am I judging her on? The small parts of her in sphere.

IT'S A SONY. But yeah, seems like they're trying to hide her and I guess even Takagaki's vocals as much as DROPS tried to hide Kaneda Tomoko's. I'm honestly not sure if it's Sony trying to seemingly focus Tomatsu and Kotobuki because they're the youngest, maybe people think they're the prettiest [I'm in the I think Kotobuki is hot column], or I'm leaning toward they're the best of the singers. Scary either way because I'm so iffy on Tomatsu's singing and looks.

So yeah, you go ahead and think she can sing while I'll go think she can't. This is about as debatable as Itou Shizuka's singing.
3) Aya Hirano is in my opinion the most talented VA after Rie Kugimiya and she deserves her popularity.
She can have her wannabe some kind of idol popularity, though Chihara Minori is better in every other thing except for voice acting.

Where's the love for Sawashiro Miyuki? I guess it's because we all hate her hair?
Aeromax
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Melon Pan: 0

Post by Aeromax » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Osaka, Haruhi, Kagami and Miyuki playing elevator music.

FABULOUS!

On a more serious note, though, I really like it... the way I see it, the premise is basically "hey, everyone who didn't like Lucky Star, we're gonna do it again, but more to your liking, so hang ten bros". And I'm all right with that. I mean, you know. Stuff and all.

Stuff I liked:
Ritsu is a hyper viper, but she's not an out-and-out jackass (see: Haruhi).
MOE, MEIDOS, KYUN
Un~tan un~tan CASTANETTO
Eyebrows EVERYWHERE!
Everyone actually has some relevance to the story, it's not like "oh hey here's this person who has nothing to do with anything but she's gonna be in every episode for no real reason".
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Sat May 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Episode 5 was alright. Yui's bad singer.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun May 03, 2009 2:07 am

Yui's a bad singer when she's overdone it and lost her voice.
Space Opera
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Sun May 03, 2009 3:14 am

Yui may not be the best singer ever, but her voice makes the song very enjoyable to listen to, and it takes a great singer to do that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Sun May 03, 2009 3:23 am

ithekro wrote:Yui's a bad singer when she's overdone it and lost her voice.
I wanted to see if her training paid off... I hope they show it later at least when she recovers.
Motoyama
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Yyk Saigyouji

Post by Motoyama » Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 am

"Doki doki"
@least Yui played the guitar =P
Nyarth
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by Nyarth » Mon May 04, 2009 3:26 am

Sawako-sensei is just awesome in Episode 5 ^^

lol Mio's lyrics
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Mon May 04, 2009 4:19 am

If what I think is about to happen happens, Mio's got a solid shot and not even needing to be nominated for ISML 2010.
Space Opera
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Mon May 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Don't worry; Mio is already a top 16 guarantee.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage