ISML 2009 Anime Series

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko
Melon Pan: 50

Re: ISML 2009 Anime Series

Post by Talec » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:12 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:@Talec:

Your post has absolutely no credibility as all, since you did not finish Clannad and did not even started the second season. How serious would you take a construction worker giving you a calculus lesson? Right now your opinion is based on how much you hate Nagisa until the point where you dropped the first season, which is, in my opinion, not an opinion I would look at twice.

And from someone who has finished Clannad and Kanon, Kanon twice, I find that Clannad S1 in so much incredibly better than Kanon. Clannad AS is inferior to both anime.
So what? Your opinion against mine? Somewhat upstairs is LazyCanuck with his equal opinion #3. And how the heck do you measuring the credibility in an personal subjective opinion anyway?

There's a hugh difference between a review/conclusion and a personal opinion. I don't care if someone look at my opinion once or twice. ;) If I would like to be appreciated by other people, I would take much more time and write a review with a lot more objectivity.

The other way around, that's what subjective opinions are for, despite some folks even don't recognize the warning-declaration right before they open the spoilertab ~
chaosprophet wrote:I agree with ithekro here. Nagisa is my less favorite girl from the main five and I still was able to enjoy AS immensely, more than the first season. And just like ithekro said Nagisa grows a lot during both the last EPs of the first season and in the second season. Of course It's all up to you Talec but I believe yuo should try to give Clannad a second chance.
Well after this nice and modest advice I will once the complete DVD selection is released.
Motoyama
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Yyk Saigyouji

Post by Motoyama » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:21 pm

^Hardcore Key/KyoAni Discussion

Finished watching ToLoveRu.
SpoilerShow
Yami moe~
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Yami is yum, cant deny it D:
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 pm

To Love-Ru has Yami moe, and then it just kinda falls to pieces from there.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 am

Talec wrote:So what? Your opinion against mine? Somewhat upstairs is LazyCanuck with his equal opinion #3. And how the heck do you measuring the credibility in an personal subjective opinion anyway?
I didn't really say whether or not I like Nagisa, so yes, I was only criticizing your opinion.

If there's one thing I've gotten from ENG 101 it's that credibility is part of ethos and ethos is one of the three modes of persuasion. In short, I can't take the in-depth opinion of someone who has dropped a show seriously. You can simply say that Clannad was too boring for you to finish, and that's perfectly fine. But when you make an entire post analyzing Nagisa like you know everything about her, then I see a credibility issue. You may only say that your post was an "opinion" but by the way you were analyzing and picking apart Nagisa, I'd argue that it's moe of a review.

So in short, it was my fault for looking deeper into what you claim as a simple opinion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

Please stop this!!! I can't believe my topic brought so muchdebate! Should it be deleted if there will be more of this?
Signature by Me.
Ikaros is <3~! Please support her in ISML with nominations and votes~!
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:23 am

...Cecaniah this is normal for forums. At least, this is tame in comparison so the AS discussions, only not about anime but other subjects.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 am

Cecaniah I agree with Khold. Disccusion/debates are ok. The problem is when it becomes flame wars were people starts insults each other which is something that yet has to happen here. And in the case it does happen that something mods will take care off.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:53 am

The ISML Irc debates are not so tame..
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:58 am

I think that's partly because we get caught up in the moment and respond right away with things we might not mean. In forums, we can think, draft, edit our posts, and do other things that makes the discussion less flame-y.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 am

I just really don't want this to turn bad. Cause it seems (Yes, I didn't read it) that your fighting about opinions. May I remind people.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions!

In discussions or debates, their should be respect for others opinions or ways of thinking. Like I dislike yaoi but I wont make someone my enemy cause of it. I don't go yelling at everyone who hates Geass now, but just hates it, or thinks it's bad because of the second season.

People have their own opinions, you can either respect them, or accept them.

I like Geass, and will of course say it is not only my favorite, but the best anime I have ever watched. That does not mean I want everyone else to think the same way as me. I like discussion, but rejecting someones opinions, and saying they can't think that way is wrong.

/end rant

I need to go now. Sorry for the off topic-ness.
Signature by Me.
Ikaros is <3~! Please support her in ISML with nominations and votes~!
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Cecaniah wrote:Please stop this!!! I can't believe my topic brought so muchdebate! Should it be deleted if there will be more of this?
there's a difference between if you have an controversy or a slugfest, don't know what's going on in the IRC tough (harder mode?) but in here can't really happen something cause it's quite public and therefore there is always respect for the other and his ideologies.

Otherwise I still think, here lies something like a mistake burried. Hence I don't want to look with a bad grudge against KholdStare for the rest of this year, I'm continueing for the sake of a explanatory meeting as a result.
KholdStare88 wrote:I didn't really say whether or not I like Nagisa, so yes, I was only criticizing your opinion.
Your statement was AS = better then Kanon06 so you encountered my opinion with your own. I'll still stay the way and say: your opinion against mine.
So in short, it was my fault for looking deeper into what you claim as a simple opinion.
And to be honest, I still don't see any faults in my action. Despite I have clearly made a warning statement before anything else, that the following will be highly subjective and criticise things I don't like in Anime xy. Maybe I responded too close to ithekro and blamed him for his own opinion, but I understood it quite as a direct answer to my post, so I tried to answer him directly.

So my conclusion is, that you seem to think, that everyone who has canceled an anime doesn't have the right to argue it. That's quite an hardcore mode if you ask me, met tons of animefolks who starting an anime and looking for 2-3 episodes to decide if they're getting an hang for it or not and then cancel, but it's your ideology, so I don't care.

But I don't accept that my opinion is actual off-point and I don't talk myself into something different from other people.

Maybe I've misunderstood "credibility" but my translator says it's about the same as belivable, ergo you branding me like I was a liar. How can make me a personal opinion a liar and how the fuck can a highly visuable declaration that I don't claim any objective quality in my opinion demand something like credibility?

PS: Furthermore I have to say that I know quite exactly what will happen in AS, cause I got spoiled all the times. (Just as sidenode ;) )
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Actually you said my point beautifully. And I can tell you this: It's not just me. I also know many people who also think that if you drop an anime, then you don't know enough to say bad things about it. I dropped Ouran because it was boring, but I never go on and on about how it sucks and its characters suck. Watching 2-3 episodes to see if you like it is what I do also; I just don't put it down if I decide to drop it then. To me, that's arrogance.

But I respect your opinion for Clannad episodes 1 to x. But I won't accept it as an analysis that represents Nagisa in all of Clannad.

PS: I don't hold grudges, but I'm not sure if you do. If you do hate me, then just remember that I won't hate you back.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:39 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Actually you said my point beautifully. And I can tell you this: It's not just me. I also know many people who also think that if you drop an anime, then you don't know enough to say bad things about it. I dropped Ouran because it was boring, but I never go on and on about how it sucks and its characters suck. Watching 2-3 episodes to see if you like it is what I do also; I just don't put it down if I decide to drop it then. To me, that's arrogance.

But I respect your opinion for Clannad episodes 1 to x. But I won't accept it as an analysis that represents Nagisa in all of Clannad.
As I said, for me it's quite an hardcore modus. Sure people like you are those writers, I can read the reviews from those animes in advance and decide if it's worth for it, or it isn't. But never met an writer which would like to forbid others mouth, if they aren't that perfect as themself ~

And this you can believe me: It's not just me. But you sure have to accept that the most part of the watchers are arrogant. Not everyone has the time to watch about 80 hours per season to finish all new animes that aired. :lol: In my 'anime-homebase' there is quite a good arrangement: a rating from 1 to 10 for personal opinions and reviews for conclusions after finishing, including describing every aspect such as animation, sound, characters, plot, etc. If I feel to make a short statement I simply rate it, if I have finished and feel like I must say something about it, I'm writing an review --> Their, in the review section.
In the forum however I can take part of the discussion anytime I like. Never got muzzled their that I can only take part of the community activity if I watched it completly. (that reminds me: What the heck is with this K-On Thread here in this forum? K-On hasn't finished, how dare you to rate it and his episodes you ignorants? :lol: ) The animes I cancelt can be counted on the fingers of one hand, about 3. And with 19 episodes I have watches much more then I could, cause I already realised about episode 5 or 6 that I don't like this anime. Animes has to lure their watchers with atleast something.

So what remains is a Talec who sure met a new type of personality, but with no understanding what he made wrong, if he even explicit warned that this is his subjective opinion. (Yes I made this declaration in advance, cause I had those experiences already. XP )
And afterwords again one personal subjective thought : As an official you should try to be a bit more 'clement'. As an user I don't like it to be neither called a liar nor as an arrogance from on high. I'll end this without any hidden motive, cause for me everything is said and settled. I'm easy at forgiving, calming down and forgetting, but I'm also easy to tease. And your diction was enough to feel quite mistreated. And therefore I answered, cause I never leave things unsettled. But breath again: I have finished. I feel like I have already spent way to much energy and time with this~
PS: I don't hold grudges, but I'm not sure if you do. If you do hate me, then just remember that I won't hate you back.
Boy, this made me hard laugh. :lol: Not because of your statement, this was nice. But people who know me, would laugh too. I never "hate" anyone. It's just beyond my belief and religion. Hate only brings suffering.

Nevertheless point out the generality: People should talk out their controversy, otherwise they may start to feel a grudge against each other.
Nothing more should have been said through this statement.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:56 am

Well let's not turn this into essays. :D That's for Psieye. Also some of my closest Internet friends I argued with extensively when we first met so we're on the right track.

But I think the only point remaining to discuss is that you differentiated between opinion and analysis, and while you think your post was more of an opinion, I saw it more as an analysis, which is where the credibility part comes in. That's all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 am

Pewh, whatever. Accepted. Stamp on it, eat it, bury it and forget it. this was quite bad lyric!

However I feel like we kinda killed this thread. ~ Maybe it would be better to delete all post anno this fateful useless controversy ~
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 am

As an attempt to get back on topic, I'll post my anime list:

AIR
-(9/10) Excellent anime and also very powerful. It is almost exemplary in some parts.
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
-(3/10) Those 3 points were for Rie Kugimiya. Otherwise the series is terrible.
ARIA
-(NA)
Azumanga Daiō
-(NA)
BAMBOO BLADE
-(NA)
Cardcaptor Sakura
-(9/10) This is by far my favorite series.
Chobits
-(6/10) And CCS remains to be the only CLAMP series I like.
CLANNAD
-(8/10) & (7/10) The first season was excellent and the second season fell short. Without certain episodes in AS its score would've been 6/10.
Code Geass
-(7/10) & (6/10) The first season was good and the second season fell short. Without certain episodes in R2 its score would've been 5/10.
Fate/stay night
-(NA)
Hayate no Gotoku!
-(6/10 Dropped) & (6/10) I dropped the first season because it was getting repetitive, but I like what I've seen. The second season so far has a plot and is more entertaining.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
-(7/10) & (7/10) Both season were good but they have their flaws. I think season 2 had the best moments but (in my opinion) train wrecked near the end.
Kannagi
-(5/10) This series was average and not memorable.
Kanon
-(7/10) Kanon is a solid series with too many minor flaws, one being excessive (massive) use of deus ex machina. Clannad first season was much better.
Kara no Kyōkai
-(?/10) This series right now have the same status as Dropped for obvious reasons: I'd like to have a non-fragmented storyline before I rate things.
Lucky ☆ Star
-(6/10) LS was okay but it's not great.
Mahō Sensei Negima!
-(NA)
Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha
-(7/10), (8/10), (7/10) Unlike most people I don't have StrikerS. A's is still the best.
Ōkami to Kōshinryō
-(6/10) Good, unique, but in my opinion the ending was bland and lacked suspense.
Rozen Maiden
-(7/10), (6/10), (7/10) Overall they were good.
Shakugan no Shana
-(7/10), (5/10) The first season was good then the second one failed.
Shugo Chara!
-(5/10 On Hold) I'm waiting for a match for Doki. It's a fun series, but it goes nowhere.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu
-(9/10) This is one of the best anime ever created.
To Aru Majutsu no Index
-(4/10) Too bad this anime had lots of potential.
To Love-Ru
-(3/10 Dropped) This anime sucks but I don't really care.
Tōhō Musō Kakyō
-(5/10) If I were to rate this as an anime, it would be a fun OVA to watch.
Toradora!
-(7/10) Great solid anime
Zero no Tsukaima
-(8/10), (6/10), (5/10) The first season of ZnT is to me incredibly great, but we all know it went downhill from there. At least S2 had some memorable scenes but S3 just...failed.

But if it counts, I watched episodes and clips of the anime I haven't seen when I made the PV. Some of them are really moe, like Ilya!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kairi
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Hoshina Utau

Post by Kairi » Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 pm

AIR - Watched, beautiful anime, one of my favourites. I want to hug Misuzu.
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - Didn't watch.
ARIA - Only watched first season. A bit too calm for me, but a good anime anyway. One of my favourites, ara ara ~.
Azumanga Daiō - Not really interested, didn't seem the type of anime I would like.
BAMBOO BLADE - Never heard of it until now.
Cardcaptor Sakura - One of the first anime I watched, it was worth the 70 episodes. Not a masterpiece, but good.
Chobits - Despite the horrible ending it had, it was still quite enjoyable.
CLANNAD - First season was pretty good. Haven't finished the second.
Code Geass - Not really into this kind of anime, but I may try to watch it sometime.
Fate/stay night - Tried to watch, didn't really like. May try to watch again sometime.
Hayate no Gotoku! - Didn't watch.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - I love it, but it could've been better. I liked the second season better. Watched episode 1 of Rei until now.
Kannagi - Episode 2 or something, not really into it.
Kanon - It was good, Key always makes beautiful anime. Still, I think a few things could be improved.
Kara no Kyōkai - Didn't watch.
Lucky ☆ Star - Rather boring, some interesting episodes. Lucky Channel is the best part.
Mahō Sensei Negima! - I think this is only centered in the anime, and I only read the manga so... Nothing here.
Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha - Good anime, good characters, some could've been developed better in my opinion. A's ftw.
Ōkami to Kōshinryō - Didn't watch.
Rozen Maiden - Favourite anime series forever. A rather strange plot, but still good, better than what I expected in the beggining. Traumend is better than first season. Ouverture is the best.
Shakugan no Shana - Watched about 1 or 2 episodes, not enough to give an opinion.
Shugo Chara! - Started good, but eventually the fillers started to kill it. It takes forever to get to a plot episode sometimes, some characters aren't really that interesting. Doki has a less detailed animation, not happy with the 15+ fillers, but still, a good show. PEACH-PIT did make a good job into mixing a lot of subjects into a mahou shoujo, one of my fav. anime.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu - It was good, but not really out of the ordinary for me.
Tōhō Musō Kakyō - Not really interested in watching, and I can't seem to find it.
To Aru Majutsu no Index - Didn't watch.
To Love-Ru - Didn't watch.
Toradora! - Still watching, pretty good so far.
Zero no Tsukaima - Not really interested in watching, but I may try it someday.
Image Image Image Image Image
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Come again? :roll:
Fate
Moon princess