Spring 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Re: Spring 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Post by Metaler » Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 am

Hyouka 5Show
Huh... well, this was resolved faster than I thought. I do have to question Hotarou's questioning of his life style... There was nothing in the previous episodes suggesting that he had any doubts about that, other than the fact that he was easily influenced by those around him (the scene with him and Chitanda at the café comes to my mind), but he never seemed to think that he could live a "rose-colored life". Hell, even in this episode he emphasizes the other characters wasting energy. I don't know, it just doesn't seem to make sense.

I also have to doubt Chitanda suddenly remembering what her uncle told her after solving the mystery... And how the hell is a 4/5 year-old Japanese girl capable of knowing what "I scream" means? Surely Chitanda wasn't smart to the point of knowing English when she was merely a toddler. At best, she'd probably know the words "Ice cream", but I doubt that would make a kid cry (hell, it'd make them happy lol).

But despite all of this, the episode managed to get even more of the central theme exposed, including how people who were unwillingly sacrificed for a higher cause can sometimes be considered heroes even when they never wished to be. Hyouka really likes to deal with the evolution of history, it seems.

I wonder if the story will delve more into Sekitani Jun's past, like what he has been up to for these past 45 years, and the circumstances behind his disappearance (though to be fair, India really seems to have high rates of crime).
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Bastion wrote:
superunature wrote:
Accel world 8Show
I was like....omgz omgz omgz when I heard the line at ~6:00

You weren't alone
I was like "omg" too LOL
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon May 28, 2012 4:24 am

Hyouka - Episode 5Show
Hyouka = Ice Cream = I Scream
English puns in my Japanese cartoons? I don't even...
Other than that, I'm still holding on to the chance that Tomoe and Jun know each other.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 am

- Burst -
Seitokai Yakuindomo Ep. 16(OVA)Show
This time Shino and Aria go talking wild... with SC members of another school.
Queen's Blade Rebellion Ep. 8Show
Annelotte is such a chick magnet(she's female though). She's not certain of being a leader.
Recurring Aldra has lost her memory, and Ymir pushes her into summoner with 2 wicked familiars.
3 charas left and there is 1 next.
Sacred Seven specialShow
Story retell in Naito POV with more fight.
It seems that Fei is a boy (or no reason he's taking bath with other boys?).
Medaka Box Ep. 8Show
SDC Harigane appears. But she cannot take down Medaka. Especially when they are handcuffed together.
Place to Place Ep. 8Show
A: Don't bring Tsumiki to Io's house, just don't.
B: One reason is that Io is overpowered, sorta.
Sankarea Ep. 8Show
It's hard to tell Chihiro's feeling towards Rea atm.
Yasutaka plays like an idiot spanner in works, to both Chihiro and Danichirou's men.
Natsuiro Kiseki Ep. 8Show
Saki is running out of time. They decide to take a trip to her moving destination.
Natsumi seems to have found the solution, but it seems not easy.
Another part of plot will happen on that island.
Shining Hearts Ep. 7Show
Even the girls are not local.
Syaomei is stealing in order to help the children.
Rick decides to stay as a bread maker, but someone won't let it be.
And that gunboat again...
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Mon May 28, 2012 5:10 am

Girlfriend of Mysteries ep 8Show
Keeps thinking of breasts when his sister offers him a meat bun lol Tsukabi finds out where Urabe lives. Rain gives him a chance, and he almost takes it, and then she threatens him.
She gives him permission to feel her breasts, and he hesitates. When he knocks her over, she gets turned on when he licks her ear. He stops himself and runs out before he goes too far.
Her drool even turns on other girls when she's thinking about what happened that day. Sharing the pain and the pleasure, that's love.
Next episode, she changes her hairstyle?
Ice Cream ep 6Show
New OP?
Lol @ the Haruhi-esque events in the club room, can't even summon up the energy to get angry.
Eu isn't lewd XD but she gets angry in a cute way. Chitandatenshi, Oreki thought that he'd found his soulmate. Yea.. this show is totally not Haruhi-esque XP
Noting how letters are drawn confusingly. What were the two letters at the end, given how it was important during the episode, I figure they're important somehow.
Why do I get the feeling we're going to be learning about the characters in this next arc, for however long it ends up being?
Last edited by Bastion on Mon May 28, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Mon May 28, 2012 6:16 am

Eureka Seven AO Ep. 7Show
The "Truth" seems to know something, as Naru doesn't comply with Ao. This hurts him a lot.
Accel World Ep. 8Show
Haru is stuck in losing advantage.
And Nico(the red girl) appears... with lots of missiles and cannons. He's beaten a lot.
But why is she here?
Knight in the Area Ep. 21Show
It seems that Kamakura is very strong. Not next opponent though.
Festival episode. We have another side of Enoshima members.
It's clear that Mai has feelings towards Kakeru.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon May 28, 2012 4:13 pm

ZETMAN - Episode 8Show
Wow... that was sickening. Old Man Amagi deserves to die even more now.
At least Jin was able to let his "grandfather" rest in peace now.

Cliffhanger ending where Jin's making a move on Konoha in her room. However, I think that that is not Jin, but a clone made by Seiji and co. Let's see if and how Jin and Kouga can/will save her.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon May 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Forgetful Ghost ep 9Show
Yuuko has no memories of Teiichi, and doesn't want anything to do with him for fear of hurting herself or him. He's lost the ability to see her? Her memories return because of the shared affection.
And we've got another case of 'the heart never forgets'.
Superhero Man ep 9Show
They've lost the Red Stone, but Jin has pledged his loyalty to the family. Now the mystery is finding out where the other side got the funds and support to create clones of Jin
Enemy of my enemy is my friend with EVOL and Zet, Haitani is opposed by all sides in this war.
Hanako wants to be Jin's family, and he can't find it in himself to stop her.
Deadly Puzzles of Kami:2 ep 8Show
Gammon pushes Kaito too far after his loss.
Anna is just prancing about in his usual style, prancing around the perimeter of the rink. Howawan and Fuwawan
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue May 29, 2012 3:57 am

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san ep. 8Show
Mahiro, Nyaruko and company get sucked into a dating sim and are forced to become the game characters. Mahiro becomes the player character who has to get a good ending with either Nyaruko, Cuuko or Hastur (with Tamao as a "secret character") in order for them to leave the game.

P.S.: Haruhi, KamiNomi and Working!! references ahoy! :lol:
Gundam AGE ep. 33Show
The defense of JaburoRostroulan continues with Kio having no time to mourn over Shanalua's death as he fights Zeheart. Natola takes her first steps to becoming a competent ship captain, spending a few sleepless nights beforehand studying everything she could about the Diva (as noted by Flit) and using that knowledge to help the bridge crew do what's needed.

Commander Algreus contacts the Diva, reporting that they have repelled most of the enemies who have entered the base and are about to begin pursuit operations. This raises Flit's suspicion about the enemy's intentions. This is reinforced later by Seric, who notes that the enemy is just distracting them to buy time and figures out that bombs have been planted in the base. On Flit's suggestion, Algreus orders the mobile suit teams and infantry to check abandoned enemy mobile suits for hidden bombs. They find a plasma particle bomb in one of the abandoned mobile suits and begin their search for the other bombs, eventually finding six more. But with 10 minutes left before the bombs detonate, they can only defuse three. Which means the rest of the bombs have to be hauled out of the base by the mobile suit teams.

Kio manages to score a hit on Zeheart's Wrozzo and is close to finishing him off. But Kio reluctantly spares Zeheart after being reminded by Seric of what Shanalua said: that a pilot's job isn't just about defeating the enemy. And just in time too, as Zeheart's mobile suit gives out. Kio goes off to help with the bomb disposal.

Five bombs have been successfully defused or disposed of, with only one left. But with less than three minutes remaining, finding the last bomb proves to be a challenge as it's not hidden in a mobile suit. Kio would eventually find the last bomb hidden in a bulkhead and barely manages to dispose of it outside the base.

Later, Flit and Algreus discuss plans to launch an attack on the Vagan orbital fortress and improving the AGE System. The Diva makes preparations to head into space. On Zeheart's battleship, he gets acquainted with Fram Nara, but he refuses her help.
Last edited by Elvinsky on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Tue May 29, 2012 5:32 am

Creepy-Crawly Cuteness ep 8Show
Shopping for souvenirs, trapped in a dating sim game. Aww, no Yuki event for Yuki-clair :p
I haven't watched all of it, but the battle seemed just a little Ramna-esque, either that or Queen's Blade >.<
And they completely forgot everything that happened.. convient.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 am

Saint Seiya Omega Ep. 9Show
Haruto, the 5th man of the band is a ninja of earth. He also knows using water and fire as his ninjutsu.
The mystery girl seems to be linked with Kouga, allowing him to use more power.
The sanctuary is occupied and they are heading to that.
Upotte!! Ep. 8Show
Being at school, there is school festival.
Given these gun girls, everything looks different in the only human Gengoku's eyes.
It seems that he affects the whole school, as other teachers say.
Moretsu Pirates Ep. 21Show
And the 19th Nebula Cup begins.
The Hakuou team is known to have made trouble in 13th Cup, and this time it's revenge.
Even Marika is thought to be the trouble maker at first - until the true enemy appears.
At least she protects the Cup from being jammed.

It seems that, since episode 19 this anime goes to original chapters.
Nazo no Kanojo Ep. 8Show
By touching Urabe's chest and ear, their feelings changed a lot. Even Oka can feel that.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue May 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Too caught up in the Nyaruko series to even comment on previous episodes, but still an interesting episode to comment on:
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san ep. 8Show
If I thought there were plenty of parodies in the previous episodes, the latest episode had just as many in a single episode.

And if everyone did forget what happened in the game, then Kurei's 15 min . . . 15 seconds of trying to win over Mahiro as well, doesn't really count. (At least she didn't become an NPC as well. :P)
Nepommic
Nikuman
Nikuman

Post by Nepommic » Tue May 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Bastion wrote:
Girlfriend of Mysteries ep 8Show
Keeps thinking of breasts when his sister offers him a meat bun lol Tsukabi finds out where Urabe lives. Rain gives him a chance, and he almost takes it, and then she threatens him.
She gives him permission to feel her breasts, and he hesitates. When he knocks her over, she gets turned on when he licks her ear. He stops himself and runs out before he goes too far.
Her drool even turns on other girls when she's thinking about what happened that day. Sharing the pain and the pleasure, that's love.
Next episode, she changes her hairstyle?
Nazo no Kanojo ep 8Show
I just watched it. It was getting steamy. haha
It was very interesting. I liked it when she got embarrassed. Cant wait for the next episode.
I
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Vanguard:2 ep 8Show
Misaki thinks about changing her deck, but considers it too risky for the tournament they're in.
Team Divination, predicting Q4's loss, Misaki isn't impressed, neither are the spectators. Q4 wins with a 3-0 record, didn't even take an episode to finish. That was an uninteresting round 2. Onto round 3.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Natsuiro Kiseki - Episode 7Show
With AKB0048 also airing this season, this episode kinda reminded me of it.
The troubles that come with practising and striving to become an idol were once again presented.
And, like always, success is always achieved at the end, in the form of a nice concert with singing and dancing.
Nice episode overall. (:
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 am

Gundam AGE Ep. 33Show
Natola starts to act like a captain, giving effective commands.
The Federation side is not foolish - they have discovered the bombs. 10 minutes to disarm them.
Kio realizes that saving people is more important and comes back, and takes out the last bomb.
Next battle will be in space. But why the children?
Hyouka Ep. 6Show
Looks like an intermission, where Eru is curious at why the teacher makes that mistake.
We also have mini-Erus.
It's too early for Houtarou to know everything of Eru now.
Just realized that, the main cast of Natsuiro Kiseki is a singer group "Sphere".
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Wed May 30, 2012 8:27 am

shiraoky wrote:
Bastion wrote:
superunature wrote:
Accel world 8Show
I was like....omgz omgz omgz when I heard the line at ~6:00

You weren't alone
I was like "omg" too LOL
Glad to see I wasn't the only one.
Hyouka 5Show
This episode was a bit uneventful, which I believe may turn some people off.... But I think it was also one of the more interesting ones, addressing the characters' personalities from the perspective of the deadly sins. It's not a completely original approach, I believe, but it's certainly an intriguing one. Chitanda being compared to an angel and Satoshi seemingly putting up a façade for the public are some of the more interesting aspects of the episode. Both characters, at least to me, seem to have created "masks" that are worn in front of everyone, creating a kind of persona in order to satisfy the status quo. This reminds me of one part of episode 3, when Houtarou and Satoshi are heading to Chitanda's house, and Houtarou mentions something about Satoshi "not liking him" (too lazy to check the scene now). It kind of implies that Satoshi is faking his friendliness and his "rose-colored" life because... maybe he feels it's necessary to be friendly even when you don't want to (hell, our status quo demands that from everyone). And Chitanda comes from a rich family, so it's no surprise that she must act like a prim and proper daughter. In fact, she seems to be so used to... acting like she does that she's actually surprised (frightened?) at the mere thought of being angry. It's interesting to note, I believe, how Chitanda doesn't question the fact that she got angry at Satoshi and... that other girl (she's so bland) for teasing her, yet was somewhat surprised at her outburst against her teacher. I think this shows us that Chitanda's slowly becoming familiar with her newly-found group of friends, to the point where she doesn't need her persona around them, and is, thus, unsurprised at her being angry, while she becomes confused when she speaks back to an authoritary figure: she's so used to putting up faces for everyone, that she can't believe herself when her mask is dropped in situations where wearing it is necessary.

Aaaaand I've talked too much and this post probably makes no sense. I'll have to watch this again.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Metaler wrote:
Hyouka 5Show
This episode was a bit uneventful, which I believe may turn some people off.... But I think it was also one of the more interesting ones, addressing the characters' personalities from the perspective of the deadly sins. It's not a completely original approach, I believe, but it's certainly an intriguing one. Chitanda being compared to an angel and Satoshi seemingly putting up a façade for the public are some of the more interesting aspects of the episode. Both characters, at least to me, seem to have created "masks" that are worn in front of everyone, creating a kind of persona in order to satisfy the status quo. This reminds me of one part of episode 3, when Houtarou and Satoshi are heading to Chitanda's house, and Houtarou mentions something about Satoshi "not liking him" (too lazy to check the scene now). It kind of implies that Satoshi is faking his friendliness and his "rose-colored" life because... maybe he feels it's necessary to be friendly even when you don't want to (hell, our status quo demands that from everyone). And Chitanda comes from a rich family, so it's no surprise that she must act like a prim and proper daughter. In fact, she seems to be so used to... acting like she does that she's actually surprised (frightened?) at the mere thought of being angry. It's interesting to note, I believe, how Chitanda doesn't question the fact that she got angry at Satoshi and... that other girl (she's so bland) for teasing her, yet was somewhat surprised at her outburst against her teacher. I think this shows us that Chitanda's slowly becoming familiar with her newly-found group of friends, to the point where she doesn't need her persona around them, and is, thus, unsurprised at her being angry, while she becomes confused when she speaks back to an authoritary figure: she's so used to putting up faces for everyone, that she can't believe herself when her mask is dropped in situations where wearing it is necessary.
Actually, I enjoyed reading that whole thing. I think I did the same (or at least similar) analysis, just didn't write any of it down. This seems like the type of episode, maybe even series, where this type of discussion is encouraged. If I had a group of friends that I knew were interested in anime to this degree, I think watching this and having discussions would be fun.

Haruhi was similar, but tended to fall more on the side of having a large fanbase, and thus more comedy events to keep them interested.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Wed May 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Jormungand - Episode 7Show
Kind of an uneventful episode, imo.
The Valmet vs. Karen fight was WAY too one-sided for my liking.
Schokolade's an interesting character, though. Wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the future.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 am

Aquarion EVOL Ep. 22Show
Mikage is the final big bad of everything, including splitting Amata and Kagura, causing the disaster 9 years ago, putting something on Zessica, taking out Jin, and more countless evil.
The gold Mcguffin is taken away, causing second assault to altair, with a heavily-injured Shrade.
Amnesia Ep. 8Show
Temporary change title.
Yuuko does forget Teiichi, which gives chance to Momoe. She still loses though, as Teiichi succeeds in recalling Yuuko.
What's dark Yuuko going to do next?
Nyaruko Ep. 8Show
Thrown into a Dating Sim, Mahiro has to pick one from four.
Nyaruko sorta wins in the end, though the dark horse Tamao acts farthest. Does she have feelings outside the game?
Clear shoutouts of Haruhi(though not watched), Working!, Kaminomi.
No Saki this week.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow