Spring 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Re: Spring 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 am

Sankarea Ep. 2Show
Rea's father needs to die. I'm sorry, but he's just disgusting. I feel horrible for Rea, I'm not surprised that she'd try to poison herself :/ And I also feel bad for Rea's mom. If my husband started hitting on my daughter I'd be like "Wtf" too. Anyways, Babu did get resurrected, and I'm not sure if Rea really died yet. Waiting for the next episode.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
reconsiled12
Nikuman
Nikuman
Wish: Good grades! Please.

Post by reconsiled12 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 am

Please let us help Hatsune Miku from deletion and also the other vocaloids!!!!! That's very awful!!! What's wrong with them??
"Me IS BACK!."
yukiTomoyo
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Natsumi Rikako
Wish: the animation of Rewrite.

Post by yukiTomoyo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:48 am

Sankarea episode 2Show
I feel sympathatic for Rea. Waiting for the next episode.
yukiTomoyo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by yukiTomoyo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:48 am

reconsiled12 wrote:Please let us help Hatsune Miku from deletion and also the other vocaloids!!!!! That's very awful!!! What's wrong with them??
Hatsune Miku does not have her own animation series.
yukiTomoyo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by yukiTomoyo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am

Kore wa Zombie desu ka?OF THE DEAD episode 2Show
What will happen to Kyouko?
I begin to like Sarasvati now.
Fate Zero S2 episode 2Show
So Caster is dead now. Who is the next?
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia episode 1Show
Yuuko is a good girl. The series is interesting and not as scary as I thought.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Shining Hearts~Shiawase no Pan~ episode 1Show
A very warm episode.Looking forward to the next.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Metaler wrote:Please, is there anyone who knows if there are any other subs apart from [gg] that are subbing Jorumungand? I don't really tolerate their trolling.
You probably already found an alternative, and while gg wasn't too terrible with episode 1, you could try: http://anxious-he.com/1194/jormungand-01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Medaka Box Ep. 2Show
Oh, two requests were shown this time. Looks like sports are really competitive, I'm not surprised that the 3rd year would get jealous of the 2nd year for taking her spot in the sprints. But it was nice of her to get the new spikes and whatnot (but she stole the sneakers? lol) And the dog was cute. Poor Medaka, not being able to hug the animals and all x3
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Acchi Kocchi Episode 2Show
T-Ts-Ts-Tsumiki is too adorable!!!~ <3<3<3
And Inui overusing “Ara ara” -> Alicia (ARIA) pretty much?
Saki: Achiga-hen Episode 2Show
Well, they got their fourth and fifth member (and advisor) pretty easily!~
And I really like these 6 main girls, they’re all cute and unique in their own way. :3
The ‘second season’ is pretty good so far, and when the new cast is going to meet the old cast… Ooh, it will be so epic!!~
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Acchi Kocchi Ep. 1-2Show
Oh my gosh, this series is sooo cutee~~<3 Tsumiki and Io are both <33 >w< Man, this will be one of those series I can just giggle at :3
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Teaspoon wrote:
Metaler wrote:Please, is there anyone who knows if there are any other subs apart from [gg] that are subbing Jorumungand? I don't really tolerate their trolling.
You probably already found an alternative, and while gg wasn't too terrible with episode 1, you could try: http://anxious-he.com/1194/jormungand-01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, man. Better safe than sorry. Guess I'll stick with these guys. :3

Also, holy shit that filesize is HUGE. But hey, that's expected from a show filled with Stuff/People Blowing Up.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by shiraoky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Shining Hearts Ep. 1Show
Well, that was interesting. A bit different than what I was expecting, but then again, I didn't even know what this was going to be about lol. And man, now I want to eat some of that bread! :< And the sylphs are so cute. And I have a feeling that Alvin is totally going to be my favorite character.
ArcBlaster101
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Wish: Power to see the future.....ISML 2012 winner!

Post by ArcBlaster101 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Upotte!! ep. 2Show
The four main girls battle their high school counterparts in a shooting game (by counterpart meaning they have the same gun function eg. sniper gun, spread, etc.). It's like the archer and the apple game, but only with a balloon attached to their head and guns. Failure 1: Balloon snags on branch. Failure 2: Chestnuts fall from a tree. The other two were legal gunshots. :arrowed:
Saki: Achiga-hen ep. 2Show
Fourth and fifth member, as well as the coach were taken quite fast. The pace is still at 1 ep = 1 chapter. It's nice to see another Saki ending though, it's still a bit laughable. In the next, we'll get to see some eye effects with mahjong play again, thunder eye, burning eye, and so on. :!:
Shining Hearts ep. 1Show
I never played the game, so I don't know how the story goes, but that was better than I expected it to be. I'll stick around to watching it and see how the harem develops. For some reason it reminded me of Clannad and the whole bakery thing... ^^;
Area no Kishi ep. 15Show
Tsujido puts Enoshima in a tough spot, as the coaches were once teammates (someone correct me if i'm wrong.) and the team play is approaching from blind spots. To make matters worse, they have a killer throw-in that sends the ball directly into the penalty area, where one of the players can use a header to put in the ball (throw-ins ignore the defense line). With Kakeru in at 2nd half and the score 2-0, how can they come back? Unfortunately we'll find out in the next episode... :(
Failure is the beginning, success is the next chapter in the never-ending story called reality.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 am

Accel World - Episode 2Show
One word to sum up all episodes: Kuroyukihime-sama <3
I enjoyed the gaming portions of the episode; brought me back to the time where I was a gamer instead of an anime otaku.
Potential for character development due to the Burst Link battles is quite high (i.e. the more Haruyuki fights, the more "life lessons" he learns through the teachings of his senpai).
Also, lol @ Haruyuki in the end. What a ladies' man~
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:41 am

Accel World 2Show
A good episode, but as I said on Jeff's blog, I can't take the conflict seriously. If it's all just a game, then it would seem to me that the stakes aren't high enough for any tension to exist. The characters don't seem to be sacrificing anything during these battles, they're just playing around. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if, say, you'd die after you lose all your points or something... But you simply lose the ability to accelerate. If that's the case, then losing characters simply move on with their lives afterwards, nothing more. Of course, they'd probably make a big deal out of it, but it still wouldn't seem like a serious conflict to me.

However, there's a lot of potential for character development here, and I look forward to see how Haru's character grows up, as well as Kuroyuki's.
Jormungand 1Show
Looks like we have this season's Black Lagoon. lol
This was a really good introduction. Looking forward to see how Jonah and Koko's relationship grows, considering their positions: Jonah hates weapons, but he relies on them, while Koko makes a living out of selling weapons, practically getting money out of war. It's quite the contrast.

Also... Holy fucking shit that file size. I can't even begin to imagine how big the BDs will be.
Nazo no Kanojo X 1 & 2Show
Yet another pleasant surprise. This starts out like a very typical boy meets girl story, and then the weirdness starts to kick in when we realize that both characters aren't exactly normal, especially Mikoto. In fact, I find Mikoto to be quite mesmerizing... There's just something about her that makes her beautiful. lol
She's a very entertaining character, whose actions aren't exactly predictable. In fact, she reminds me a lot of Senjougahara with her mannerisms, way of talking, and her scissors.

Also, there's one part which I found to be quite ironic: At one point, Akira attempts to join hands with Mikoto, which would be normal for a couple, but she outright refuses to do that since they "aren't close enough for that yet".... Yet she lets him drink her saliva whilt sucking on her finger. Huh.

Also, am I the only one who got a very strong 90s vibe from this?
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 1Show
I can already tell this'll be different from the manga... Quite a lot, in fact. Pretty much all of the main characters have been introduced already, most noticeably Kirie, who's not even in the chapter this episode covered.

However, the most striking difference is Yuuko's grave. The anime shows us that there's a bell under it, while in the manga it's actually a comb. This already tells me that the story will be substantially different from the source work.
Medaka Box 2Show
I'm glad to see that this'll have only a few episodes... Kinda surprised, considering we're talking about Shonen Jump... But hey, they can kiss my ass for all I care. But despite my criticism, I have to say that this episode was better than the first one, and I think that the idea of dividing the episode between two arcs was a good one. The chapters aren't really long anyways (about 20 pages or so), so I'm glad to see they didn't decide to drag a single one during an episode.

This episode manages to break the illusion many people probably had of Medaka: she's not a complete Mary Sue... Though honestly, I still thought she was one even after I read past this chapter in the manga, but I think I was simply trying to tell myself "this isn't good" all the time, which probably stems from my low opinion of Shonen Jump. However, rewatching this in its animated form shows me that it truly has a lot of potential to be an entertaining story, so we'll see.
But getting back to Medaka herself, she's not completely perfect, and this episode managed to show us that she is, in fact, human just like everyone else: she has her qualities and her flaws, like everyone. This, I believe, is a great way to bring Medaka closer to the viewer, as she slowly becomes more sympathetic to everyone.
Acchi Kocchi 2Show
Not much to say here except... HNNNNNNNG.

This episode was just as adorable as the previous one, but saddly I felt that it wasn't memorable enough for me. Maybe I just wasn't concentrated enough, especially because I had already watched a ton of stuff prior. lol
But it was still good.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 am

Sakamichi no Apollon: Resisted.
Tsuritama seems no interesting. Resisted.
Shining Hearts Ep. 1Show
Like Campanella, it starts with 3 girls of somehow high feeling toward Rick.
Alvin(same voice as Rick) seems unfriendly, but turns out to be aware of incoming disaster...
Let's see who will win.
Accepted. Unexpected good.
Medaka Box Ep. 2Show
Started to be 2 in 1.
Medaka knows who makes the trouble, and Zenkichi solves that.
This combination is good... especially when it's revealed that Medaka has "aura of fear".
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Episode 2Show
Teiichi x Yuuko ftw~
I'm starting to wonder whether this will end up being something similar to Scary Movie where horror/mystery is parodied so that it's comedic.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Sankarea Ep. 2Show
Where is my rail cannon? That man is not a good father and must be purged!
Babu the cat is reanimated.
The bad news: Rea is falling in preview.
Eureka Seven AO Ep. 1Show
Looks like the people are different. And the protagonist has a punny name (= deep blue), so does his girl friend (= new one).
But how does Ao know the word "eureka"?
And there is time paradox... This show happens in 2025, while the prequel is around 12004.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Is anyone else watching Uchuu Kyoudai? ^^;
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Acchi Kocchi - Episode 1Show
Tsumiki is like the Ririchiyo of this season.
If this keeps up, I don't question her appearance in ISML next season.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

Version watched: WhyNot
Medaka Box, episode 1Show
My first impression of Medaka: A more positive, less self-centered Haruhi Suzumiya. And Zenkichi is Medaka's Kyon. This episode was surprisingly entertaining. Medaka herself seems like an interesting character (and I'm not referring to her chest). Very, uh... forceful, but still doing things for great justice. This could be a fun series.
Version watched: UTW
Accel World, episode 1Show
So this takes the idea of Second Life and takes it several steps further. This looks like an interesting show, but it's very painful watching such an "unaesop" with the main character being an otaku/hikikomori rejecting the real world in favor of the virtual world. Granted, it seems like everyone is linked up to the virtual network, but still. And he gets the ugly cute treatment. At first I was a little unsure of his character design, but I guess it works okay. And I've immediately gravitated toward Chiyuri as the probable unlucky girl.
Version watched: UTW-Underwater
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, episode 1Show
So, yeah. I had decided to check this out mainly for the promo image which contained boobs... Don't judge me. Anyway, I really liked how they showed the beginning of the episode twice, once with just Okonogi and then with Yuuko. And Yuuko's such a troll, lol. And yay for fanservice. The visuals are nice and again, I liked how the first part of the episode was handled. I wonder how this will turn out.
Medaka Box, episode 2Show
So Medaka is part Monk now? :P And lol at the dog suit. It was kind of sad that none of the animals like her though...
Acchi Kocchi, episode 2Show
This series continues to be cute. I love the wordplay. I like Miiko.
Look here and here.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.