Summer 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Re: Summer 2012: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't believe in the 3 episode rule. I think some shows do pull off a good few episodes and lose all that steam at the end or it picks up in the middle when it has a slow start. I pick up anime which I think will interest me despite the reviews and what not. When I do, I just finish them whether it's good or bad. If the first 3 episodes were not good enough and by the 6th or 7th episode it gets better, then you know you're missing all the fun. Long story short, think first before dropping an anime. You don't wanna waste your 24 minutes of your life because you did not like that anime.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:47 pm

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
kanohistorm wrote:
xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Mr. Large wrote:
Sword Art Online ep. 1Show
Seems really cruel to lock up 10,000 people in a virtual world. I wonder how they keep their physical bodies alive in the real world?? Do they all have to go to a hospital to be taken care of?? Also, the girl looks like she'll probably be in ISML 2013. Can't wait to see her show up in the next episodes.
My answer as to how it works (spoilerish indeed risk yourself) S…Show
The game uses a helmet that can send and receive brainwaves in order to shut down some of your physical movement in the real world and immerse yourself into the game which includes the 5 senses.

The lead programmer apparently decided to troll the ten-thousand players by excluding a "log-out" button, trapping their consciousnesses in the game. To make things worse, if anyone tries to force the helmet off or the helmet is left unplugged for more than two hours, or gets tampered with and such, it will fry the brain of the player. And, of course, if the player dies in the game, their brain will get fried as well. The programmer tells them that they need to have at least one person make it to the top floor of the world and beat the boss in order to free everyone. As of where the main duration of this story is, they only have a few more floors to go, and they've been going for 2 years, with only 6000 players left.
sounds legit. I can go with that
It's in the episode, you see.
I wrote that prior to watching the first episode.
spoiler alert :3
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 pm

TARI TARI - Episode 2Show
Yay! Konatsu overcame her blunder at last year's recital and finally got over her stage fright~
Vice-principal is still a bitch although I have a feeling she's acting this way partly because she wants to see Konatsu's potential.
For Principal-san, I'm curious as to what went through his mind when he saw Sakai's name on one of the applications.
I still really like the OP~
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Hyouka SpecialShow
Fanservice and Oreki/Chitanda hinting, really not that bad of an episode either. More ice cream issues :p
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 am

And the carry-over:
Gundam AGE ep. 39Show
Kio and Asemu fight the Gundam Legilis, and it turns out Lord Ezelcant is the pilot. In addition, Ezelcant also reveals to Kio the extent of Project Eden. As it turns out, Ezelcant wants to create a superior race, and the destruction of Earth-side and Mars-side colonies(!) plus intentionally prolonging the suffering of the Vagan populace is the first step towards creating humans who can survive extremes. (According to his logic, anyway. I call that genocide.)

Kio's AGE-3 gets pwned badly by the Gundam Legilis. To make things worse, Zanald and his forces engage Asemu and the Bisidian pirates. The battle only ends when Bisidian threatens to ram three asteroids into Second Moon, forcing the Vagans to retreat and allowing Asemu to retrieve the AGE-3's Core Fighter. Turns out the asteroids are dummies with smokescreen, but it is too late for the Vagans to go after the pirates.

Back at Second Moon, Deen joins the Vagan military after his sister's death and finding out the truth about Kio.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:17 am

Sword Art Online - Episode 1Show
A reall nice introductory episode. The visuals are great and the story is very entertaining thus far.
Hopefully the girl from the ED shows up soon. She looks like an interesting character.
QuestionShow
So... if the players stuck in SAO until they clear the game, which will definitely take more than a few days, what about the state of their real life bodies? Do their bodily functions freeze while in the game, thus effectively preserving their physical state, or is there some other explanation?
(No Spoilers Please) :3
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 am

Tari Tari Ep. 2Show
Ah, cute episode. And oh my gosh, the singing at the end was <33333333 I loved loved loved it. Seriously <3 And lol at the pronunciation of "Wien" at the beginning haha. And "Sukiyaki!" XDXD And next episode has the other guy in it? Interesting interesting, he'll be joining the club then :3 Cute episode~
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:51 am

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
A reall nice introductory episode. The visuals are great and the story is very entertaining thus far.
Hopefully the girl from the ED shows up soon. She looks like an interesting character.
QuestionShow
So... if the players stuck in SAO until they clear the game, which will definitely take more than a few days, what about the state of their real life bodies? Do their bodily functions freeze while in the game, thus effectively preserving their physical state, or is there some other explanation?
responseShow
it's japan.
even if they starve to death in real life, they wouldnt die
spoiler alert :3
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 am

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
QuestionShow
SpoilerShow
I think all their bodily functions go to SAO and their real life bodies just stay where they have their helmets on. Let's see if there will be further explanation for this in the ff. episodes
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:03 am

Hyouka 12Show
Trading game START!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Decided to scout out this show since I was already surfing outside to finish Shiawase no Pan.
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica ep. 1Show
Ousawa Akatsuki has just defeated a demon lord in the fantasy world of Alleyzard (being hailed as a hero) and returns to his home dimension/world. Along with Akatsuki is a pink-haired girl named Miu, who is the daughter of the demon lord Akatsuki has just defeated. Both are taken in by BABEL, an organization that serves to train "returners" (people who've crossed to other worlds and returned) to hone and control their newfound powers.

Stories that involve alternate worlds has always interested me, but rarely do I see a character come back to his/her home dimension. And in this 'verse (multiverse?), you gain powers after crossing into an alternate world. Okay, while there is a bit of fanservice in the form of Miu's nipple shots and Akatsuki taking the underwear off the combat maids in Alleyzard, it's not like it's going to become a harem anime... Or will it?

Intriguing "After The End" premise with the occasional fanservice and Nobuhiko Okamoto (Accelerator from Index and Takumi from Maid-sama) as the MC, plus Yoko Hikasa, Kana Hanazawa, Marina Inoue and Kana Ueda? Consider this series added.
JLoable91 wrote:Sword Art Online looked really good, as well as the rest of Kokoro connect's first episode.

But I noticed something...
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Kokoro Connect ----------------------------------- Sword Art Online --------------------------------- Tari Tari
^^; I don't know what to say...
I know some anime artists' tendency to have only six faces for their characters, but this is ridiculous. -_-
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Tari Tari Ep. 2Show
The dream of their own club is hard - with many frustating happenings. Is it good to put these early?
Hyouka Ep. 12Show
And the festival comes.
Eru is too interested in anything else.
Mayaka looks a little more "like a girl in love".
Satoshi simply forgets it.
And Houtarou exchanges something?
Jinrui Suitai Ep. 2Show
Lolol those chicken. Laughed hard.
Arcana Famiglia Ep. 2Show
Felicita understands her fighting reason a bit - to get her own future.
More introductions.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 am

Marimo no Hana Ep.1Show
Ahahaha! a bit kinda childish.. Maybe I was hoping for something much weirder to happen ^^;
anyway,, maybe something will develop in the later eps ^^;

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Total Eclipse Ep. 2Show
Only a few soldiers can't hold such zerg rush. Yui becomes the only survivor.
And 3 years later... something will start.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Episode 1Show
Character designs look a bit weird to me.
There were a lot of characters introduced; I could barely remember who's who.
It should start to get more interesting here on out.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 am

Jeffrey-sama wrote:
QuestionShow
responseShow
I assume their relatives and friends will have to feed them and take care of their necessities, as if they were in a coma.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:49 am

Kokoro Connect - Episode 1Show
Take a popular plot base (i.e. body-switching), combine it with cute character designs, and you get Kokoro Connect.
I really like all the characters thus far; they all have their own quirks and strong points.
A good first episode overall and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 am

KoiChoco Ep. 2Show
Oh my word. The roles in the waking-up-to-feel-something scene was reversed! LOL! I cracked up when Oojima was like "Pervert!" and then Chisato was like "That's what I should be saying =.=" Haha, I like Oojima's character, it's hilarious. And Satsuki is <333333 :3 Hehe, and lol @ Oboro's phone call to Oojima concerning their "baby" LOL. I don't really know how solid this plot is or whatnot, but this seems to be giving me a lot of good laughs :3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 am

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! ep. 2Show
Shougo is introduced to Mei Sagara, and the reason she calls Shougo "onii-chan" is because she runs a little sister cafe. Later, Shougo meets "Mister X," who is a private investigator for the Mikadono Group. He reveals that Shougo's father had an illicit affair with another woman and bore fruit: Shougo's mystery sister. X offers to find out the identity of Shougo's sister and transfers to the latter's school as "Mizutani Ikusu." Asking him to come to his apartment after school, Shougo finds out that Ikusu is a girl. (Reverse trap!)

Meanwhile, Konoe invites Shougo to the school dance, where he gets aquainted with Tendou Mana and dances with Kunitachi Rinka--who appears to be a cross between Cecilia Alcott (her ojou-sama personality) and Kousaka Kirino (her tsun side + seiyuu connection). Mana later glomps Shougo from behind, causing him to fall on Rinka and grab her breast--and gets a roundhouse kick for his trouble. Shougo would also later get to dance with Miyabi outside and get into another ecchi situation (wardrobe malfunction). After a bath scene with Miyabi (similar to Konoe in the prior episode), Shougo gets another call from his mystery sister. She mentions having fun at the school dance and speaks like an ojou (to imply that it may be Rinko who's the little sister).
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Binbougami Ep. 2Show
More... shoutouts.
Add one monk and more laughter.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow