Your Catchup Bucket

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Re: Your Catchup Bucket

Post by Metaler » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:30 am

Started watching Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop, both dubbed... Because watching them in English just feels better, haha.

Also watched the first three episodes of Sankarea... Before I found out it was made by Deen, which prompted me to switch to the manga. Fuck that shit.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:43 am

Metaler wrote:Started watching Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop, both dubbed... Because watching them in English just feels better, haha.
Haven't seen the dub of Black Lagoon, but I did of Bebop, and it didn't seem like it was that far off the mark. Some anime are just lucky like that, I don't see BL as one that the dub could ruin either.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 am

Bastion wrote:
Metaler wrote:Started watching Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop, both dubbed... Because watching them in English just feels better, haha.
Haven't seen the dub of Black Lagoon, but I did of Bebop, and it didn't seem like it was that far off the mark. Some anime are just lucky like that, I don't see BL as one that the dub could ruin either.
In fact, the English dub of Black Lagoon had more "fucks" than the original Japanese dub. :lol:

Anyway...

Yuru Yuri S1 progress: 4/12.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 am

Bastion wrote:Started my catchup on Bleach today:
Bleach: 303-305 Filler episodes
I need to get around to watching Bleach again myself. I'm at episode 146...

Started the second season of Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai today. Progress: 8/12
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Kordosa wrote:
I'm actually going to try to catch up to the 'big 4' (Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tale and Naruto), starting with Bleach because it has ended now, so it seems like a good one to start with.
Also going to go for Detective Conan.. starting from the beginning _-_ At least I have much of the others already watched.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Bastion wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
I'm actually going to try to catch up to the 'big 4' (Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tale and Naruto), starting with Bleach because it has ended now, so it seems like a good one to start with.
Also going to go for Detective Conan.. starting from the beginning _-_ At least I have much of the others already watched.
Ugghhh.. that reminds me that I also need to watch the episodes I left unwatched in Bleach @_@
Still updated with the manga for FT and Naruto, so maybe I'll just watch them if ever I wanna see how they were animated ^^;
Never even thought of watching One Piece :\
And good luck with Detective Conan~ I had a hard time keeping up with it but finally did X)

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Sedon wrote:Ugghhh.. that reminds me that I also need to watch the episodes I left unwatched in Bleach @_@
Still updated with the manga for FT and Naruto, so maybe I'll just watch them if ever I wanna see how they were animated ^^;
Never even thought of watching One Piece :\
And good luck with Detective Conan~ I had a hard time keeping up with it but finally did X)
One Piece seems like FT with the setting changed, it's a nice story (set it to pause when everyone got seperated and haven't restarted)
Naruto I had to drop for computer issues
DC I got interested in from the dub first season, been wanting to watch it since. The side characters (Kid and Hedji) are the ones I want to get into it for.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 am

Yuru Yuri S1 complete. (12/12)

Yeah, I didn't expect to finish season 1 this quickly. I'm liking that Kyoko x Ayano pairing already. As for Himawari...impressive set, but I was too busy laughing at Akarin's out-of-focus gags. :lol: That said, I wouldn't mind giving poor Akarin a hug for all those out-of-focus gags she goes through each episode.

Commencing with Yuru Yuri♪♪ (S2). (1/12)
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 am

Decided to start Ah! My Goddess! so far 1 episode down
Fire Sisters!Show
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 am

Putting them here because I don't know when they aired
Fairy Tale Special: 1
SpoilerShow
'Prank' request from an all-female dorm, Fairy Hills. Lucy-Neko = Fanservice _-_ Erza gets into costume as well.. Lucy blackneko, Erza whiteneko. It was a ghost request, Lucy's clothes disapear with the request.
Erza, Levy, Luvia, Lucky (torture chamber) and Biska are dorm residents, Happy is allowed in because he's a cat, not a boy XP
Wendy (and Carla) are moving in, so we get the grand tour. XD Erza is a little ecchi.
Grey is still showing off his skin, it's almost forgivable, given that they're cleaning the pool. Natsu is completely uninterested in the peephole at the bottom of the pool XD And that was a really stupid way to destroy the peeping room.
I really should get to catching up on Fairy Tale next, find out what's been going on.

Fairy Tale Special: 2
SpoilerShow
Lucy as a normal student Fairy Academy, her summons as caretakers of the school, Erza is the student council president, perfect in every way, and Happy is the teacher and Carla is the concilor.
Tabasco sauce vs shaved ice, even as normals Natsu and Grey fight.
Erza changes quickly, but doesn't change her glasses. Even as normal students they fight as a team. Zeke is the date, rejects her after seeing her fight, Jellal transfers into the class right after.
Fairy Tale Special: 3
SpoilerShow
Natsu stares at Lucy's panties and he's lost his muffler at the entrance to the guild.
Time traveled to the past, young Natsu, Grey and Erza. Lucy and Erza dress as neko
Both sets of Natsu and Grey are fighting. Lucy ends up saving herself in the past, and gets her interested in joining Fairy Tale because of her actions. Time Paradox questions, best left alone.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 am

Series: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
Subs: Doki (Crunchyroll edit)
Progress: 12/12

Just finished a one-day marathon of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza. I was a little worried it'd be hard to get into since it's been a few years since I watched the first season (and I didn't remember much other than the basic plot), but thankfully the first episode was a hot springs episode so I got to see most of the characters again. I do remember liking the first season and I thought this one was great. Now I'm waiting for ColorMeSubbed to finish releasing the BDs for the Finale OVA.
DurianDude wrote:Decided to start Ah! My Goddess! so far 1 episode down
Awesome! Feel free to give your opinion on it in the thread I started. :)
Bastion wrote:Putting them here because I don't know when they aired
Well, since there's actually a thread for the series, I think it would have been okay to post it there, but whatever.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:53 am

Kordosa wrote:
Well, since there's actually a thread for the series, I think it would have been okay to post it there, but whatever.
I figured the thread dealt more with the manga version, same with the One Piece, Naruto and Bleach threads, especially since one of the episodes was supposedly an adaptation of a chapter.
The Hayate thread I know is different, probably because the continuities are seperated.

Anyways, this is the catchup thread, so anything not airing tends to go here in my mind, including OVAs that might be from the past.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:22 am

Joshiraku completed.

score: 75/100
spoiler alert :3
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am

Catching up with Fortune Arterial and Ergo Proxy
Fortune ArterialShow
My brain is suffering. This anime..ugh.
Characters are all cute . I don't know why it's just...ugh
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 am

Series: Motto To Love-Ru
Subs: Doki-Chihiro
Progress: 12/12

Just finished marathoning the second season of To Love-Ru. I wasn't really sure about the change in format, with each episode having three self-contained stories. Some of the stories felt kind of pointless, there for just fanservice, but others were day in the limelight episodes that developed some of the secondary characters, which was nice.
Bastion wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
I figured the thread dealt more with the manga version, same with the One Piece, Naruto and Bleach threads, especially since one of the episodes was supposedly an adaptation of a chapter.
The Hayate thread I know is different, probably because the continuities are seperated.

Anyways, this is the catchup thread, so anything not airing tends to go here in my mind, including OVAs that might be from the past.
Since this is the General Anime subforum, the threads for each series are for discussing anything series-related, be that manga/light novel comparisons, news, etc. I don't think anyone would fault you for posting something to a particular thread as long as it was relevant to it. But again, whatever.
kukimunstir wrote:
Fortune ArterialShow
Well, the series is based off an adult visual novel. And visual novels don't always translate well as anime series. But since I haven't watched the anime or played the visual novel, I have no clue whether this is the case.
Last edited by Kordosa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuotesShow
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:20 am

kukimunstir wrote:Catching up with Fortune Arterial and Ergo Proxy
Fortune ArterialShow
SpoilerShow
I fully agree.
And everyone here knows my stance on the characters and VN though ;)
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Yuru Yuri♪♪ (S2) completed. (12/12)

I'm a bit sad that Kyoko and Ayano's eye catches weren't shown together in a single episode during the entirety of seasons 1 and 2. :(

Well, I hope the OAVs (if ever) make up for that. And I probably won't mind supporting Akari and Chitose in ISML's Prelims next year, even though I'm out of slots for Nova nominations.

Also, subs are now available for Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days. (Hell, it's about time...) I'll probably watch it along with the newest episodes of To LOVE-Ru Darkness(?) and Little Busters tomorrow.

Other series to catch up on/re-watch (as soon as mood permits -_- ):
- Hyouka
- NakaImo
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm catching up with History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - almost done with it.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:29 am

Bleach: 306
SpoilerShow
Fighting the old Hollow, with it's new mask. The old Hollow and Zangetsu, fight as one. Ichigo convinces him to teach him the Final Tensa Zangetsu .
Don Kanonji saves Tatsuki temporarily. Rangiku saves him in turn. Keigo can sense the Soul Reaper's presence, and find his sword, though he doesn't have the skill to use it.
Gin and Rangiku converse for a little bit, before he stabs her.
Bleach: 307
SpoilerShow
Mizuiro 'borrowed' a phone charger and food from a convience store. And Chizuru is in a daze at everything happening. Aizen blocks them, and they try to escape. Asano stands up with a borrowed sword. We see 'Mr Afro's release, but it's only a delay. Aisen is suprised Gin killed Rangiku and he tries to kill Aisen as well, stealing the crystal they're all after, but he isn't that easy to kill.
Ichigo's father is pushing himself to hold things in limbo for Ichigo to train to put up a fight.
Fairy Tail: 43
SpoilerShow
Natsu just wants to join in the fighting. Gray took a hit, to prevent an observer from getting hurt.
Master surrenders to try and call the battle off, Laxus doesn't trust him. Mystogan shows up when the battle almost reaches its conclusion.
Fairy Tail: 44
Thunder PalaceShow
Erza is able to fight using her feet too, but not her teeth like Zoro :p Erza wins by bluffing Evergreen.
Biska tries to disarm the lacrima, and gets hit by lightning magic.
Bickslow challenges Lucy, takes out the first set of dolls, but he just creates more Lucy is saved by Loke.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 pm

not really a catch up per se...

but rewatching Air now.

(I'll get back on track with Nise soon enough)