Your Catchup Bucket

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Domi
Dango
Dango
Worships: Momo Belia Deviluke
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: That everyone gets along and not arguing.

Re: Your Catchup Bucket

Post by Domi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- 1-12Show
Not a bad show at all, but the ending really sucked. It took them around 8 episodes to figure out who the seventh is (by the way, my gut was telling me it was Nachetanya the whole time, probably because she was introduced right at the beginning) and it just became really tiring towards the end. What I expected was some progress on their journey in the later episodes but all I got was more mediocre mystery things. The ending did indeed suck because it is a typical advertising ending aka "if you want to go on, buy the novel". The idea of having another seventh (as if it wasn't already enough) at least doesn't make the source very appealing to take care of.

Sadly only a few of the selected characters did have a good personality and a backstory. Some of them were basically just there to be there (Maura, Chamo...) and you got to know almost nothing about them. How the characters do act is sometimes very weird and unreasonable and it gets really out of hand later on especially with Maura (what about all those Adlet, Adlet... She is acting so unreasonable in so many situations... If I were to take a guess I'd say she could be the "new seventh" later on but I can't and will probably never confirm that). The stars which got to shine were Adlet (almost a 10/10 MC if you ask me, really liked his personality and his ideals) and Flamie, and to a small degree also Hans.

Nevertheless, despite how dragging it became towards the end, the entire first half at least was really cool and interesting. It also had some good fights which were pretty exciting most of the time. If you ask me, even though it had problems here and there, the Anime overall was quite enjoyable and pleasant to watch. 6/10
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:01 am

Aoki Hagane CadenzaShow
... -_-

1. Turns out it's only a CG showcase.
2. The plot sucks.
3. But more importantly: that's one horrible story-telling. It's as horrible as the first 4 episodes of Grimgar. Aoki Hagane Cadenza movie is too busy with CGs it forgot to tell the story properly. -_-
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 63

Post by shadowhunter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

CLANNAD - Episode 17Show
Okay, there was a boring start.
Okay, further episodes were consistent.
And after EP 16, it`s starts to look like a harem.
Another kicks of Sunohara are such lame.
I guess this is a time for White Album Season 2.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:20 pm

shadowhunter wrote:
CLANNAD - Episode 17Show
Okay, there was a boring start.
Okay, further episodes were consistent.
And after EP 16, it`s starts to look like a harem.
Another kicks of Sunohara are such lame.
I guess this is a time for White Album Season 2.
SpoilerShow
You shouldn't stop.
After the prelim to Tomoyo route (which will not happen inside the season)
It was about to enter Nagisa route, if I remember right
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Isaac Foster
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Post by Kiwigiwi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Inferno Cop EP 1 and 2Show
I love Trigger so much
♡ Peak inside? ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto
2017 Female Favorite: Kanbe Kotori
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi

Post by RailWarrior » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:28 am

Mujin Wakusei Survive Episodes 1-4Show
WTF? Why is this anime so good and why have I never heard of it?

Well, I do have one complaint: Sharla's seiyuu. Her voice just doesn't fit the character; heck, I'd even go so far as to say it doesn't fit anime. I don't know if this has anything to do with the role being Kinoshita Nahoko's first and last attempt as an anime seiyuu.
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Picking up Boku no Hero Academia and Re:Zero, and I have no regrets~
Boku no Hero Academia episode 1Show
Have I mentioned that I love worlds that have superpowers? No? Well Boku no Hero is exactly the type of setting I love seeing explored. This may or may not be because I'm planning a story with that type of world as well huehuehue With everyone having a superpower, anyone can be a hero if they put their minds toward it~ Except for poor, Quirkless Izuku :<

Speaking of Izuku, I like the guy. Yes, he's the typical "I wanna be hero" main character, but he's so much fun so watch! Yes, he doesn't have a Quirk, but that's not stopping him, and I like that. Though I do wish he could take action against that fire fucker. Ah well, better not take the risks, I suppose.

I also like All Might a lot, but iunno what he's gonna do to him next episode. He seems really badass though. I admire that guy. A lot. I would watch more, but I gotta catch up to a certain other anime in order to save the best for last~
Re:Zero episodes 1-8Show
This is actually an interesting plot to be explored in this series. Restarting from a certain point back in time whenever you die? It has a lot of potential with exploring the benefits and consequences of such an ability. And so far? This series delved into that down pat~

Subaru is actually pretty hilarious. I thought I would cringe at his antics from what I heard about him, but he's a fun guy. Much better than the typical dense harem lead or the OP as fuck protagonist. I just love how outgoing and expressive he is while still being serious when the situation calls for it. Can't wait to see more of him~
As for best girl? For now, Emilia. Her personality is an interesting mixture of traits rather than being focused on a gimmick, so that's pretty nice. Overall she seems pretty sweet and I like the trust she has in Subaru. Ram and Rem are also pretty cool too, and I do remember hearing that Rem gets some more spotlight later on, so I'm hoping the popularity she has now makes sense.

By the way, what happened to Felt and her Old Man Rom? I know he's healed (thank goodness, he's a bro), but Felt was arrested, right? If she's still in the OP like that isn't she going to appear later on? I hope so, she's fun.
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:59 am

Rewatch: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Bokura wa Minna KawaisouShow
I just remembered that I never actually finished this anime, before.
Why, huh? What happened at Summer 2014? I'm pretty sure it only got that shitty SAO season 2.
Why did I stop huh?

Well, since I never write anything about this anime here, so here it goes:
- a decent attempt at a "Sakurasou-esque" show... nowhere near as good.
- While the two main protagonists, Usa-kun & Ritsu, are better than Mashiro & Sorata personality-wise, imo, they are not better character-wise.
- The lack of a dark element in the romance is one of the reason why Mashiro & Sorata sold more.
- And also, while the other cast aren't bad, they're annoying as a group.
- I feel that the romance is decent, though. It lacks a satisfying end, yes, but I wouldn't say it's bad. While the target demographic is seinen, the romance element of this series is more of the "all-bright shoujo romance": the type of conflict that happens, how the conflict plays out, how the conflict is solved in the end. It's not what you will get in a proper shounen/seinen romance. Instead, it's more shoujo-ish.
And actually, as a shoujo-ish romance, it's one of the good ones. (It really feels unfair how that Shitrayuki shit got lots of praise while this got criticized. My taste is just too shit to understand the shit taste of people.)
- The comedy is standard. So is also the SoL-ish drama.
- Lovely screenplay, though. Damn those flying words. :lol:
- But you know what's best of this anime? Kawai Ritsu. Her personality really matches the real Hanazawa Kana. If you ever watched HanaKana got interviewed (I mean: literally interviewed, not show-hosting) you'll notice she'll give the same vibe as what Kawai Ritsu does. That's why Kawai Ritsu feels like a Kana-chan to a HanaKana fans. (well, but only the hardcore HanaKana fans will notice. After all, most came just for the moe. While others came for the Charlotte.)
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:17 am

Gintama. I'm so far behind.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 am

Just watched Mekakucity Actors (1-3)
SpoilerShow
I do like the songs, honestly. The anime is kinda... meh. It's not as bad as everyone says tho.
I have a problem with Shinbo's visual assault and the animation is kind of weird at times.
I like Seto and Shintarou so far. Marry is really annoying, I just want to slap Hiyori, Momo is irritating, Kido is too tsuntsun. Heck, do I like none of the girls so far? Except Ene. Ene is great.
6/10, so far. -1 for no Ayano.
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:

Post by shadowhunter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:37 pm

White Album Season 2Show
Drama intensifies. And it`s good. As for me, both versions of White Album are kinda underrated, though there are a good examples of mature romantic drama.
According to being a huge fan of Ogata Rina, my opinion is biased.

Story - 8/10
Retrospective memories and hidden meaning of different actions are reasons for hard understanding. End of Episode 13 was kinda weird for me. But the main idea of story is so cruel. You may love someone, and they may love you too, but you are still hurting them. For me it`s brilliant.

Characters - 7/10
If I drop Rina-san from White Album, it won`t be so good. It was hard to see Morikawa Yuki, when she was crying for whole season. Matsuyama Menou is true Guardian Angel, even though she seems harsh and negative character. Other characters were lively and got some development. Childhood of Fuiji Touya is really affected on his further life, so I can`t blame him too much. But there was only one central character.

Audio/Visuals - 9/10
Soundtrack was decent, though I`m focused on other things. The visuals have seemed to me a bit vintage.

Ogata Rina - 15/10
Central character of whole White Album, Rina-san has been a star, legend, goddess and usual young woman. It was easy to understand motivation of her actions. And she carried whole story to another level, even with low screen-time. One of the first idol-artists remains for me as one of the best characters from whole industry.

Total - 9/10
It`s kinda sad when you can understand the full depth of melancholic drama stories. It means that you got some unpleasant experience. In total, for me White Album 2 is masterpiece with some kind of sadness.
Karob
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2017 Male Favorite: Shirogane Kei (Shiroe)
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Post by Karob » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Bakemonogatari 1-9Show
The shaft visuals, the dialog, the personalities... it's trippy man. Sometimes to the extent of being very intriguing, other times bothersome. Overall, it's quite interesting, but I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. That HanaKana opening was catchy. :D
ImageImageImage
MyAnimeListSoundcloudSakata Mountain
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:

Post by shadowhunter » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 pm

CLANNADShow
It`s kinda hard to describe this. But I can make one statement: Tomoyo is da best! Minus two points for low-screen time of Tomoyo and boring start. Total - 8/10
P.S. Maybe I should try to install VN and complete route of Tomoyo, and route of Fujibayashi sisters.
CLANNAD: Another World - Tomoyo Chapter/Kyou ChapterShow
Two OVAs in AU? That`s something, at least.
That two episodes reminded me about best sides of White Album and Amagami SS.
I have noticed similarity of Tomoya with Fujii Touya and Tachibana Junichi. All of them are broken, but there are still trying to find something valuable at their lives.
Tomoyo and Ogata Rina have striving for perflection.
Both of Kyou and Tanamachi Kaoru are faithful friends.

Now, about episodes. There are brilliant. There are more mature, dramatic and interesting, as for me. I wonder how I would have rated CLANNAD, if it had focused on drama and love more than daily life. Yeah, I`m biased as hell.

Total:
Tomoyo Chapter - 15/10
Kyou Chapter - 14/10
Dat scores....
Domi
Dango
Dango
Worships: Momo Belia Deviluke
Wish: That everyone gets along and not arguing.

Post by Domi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 1-25Show
A show not many people even know about, but I kind of liked the first season. It is nothing extraordinary, but it is at least funny even if it is repetitive every now and then. I do like most of the cast (I'm probably the only one who really likes Ageha) so that's another plus. Enjoyable show. 6/10
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:17 pm

I rewatched ef - a tale of memories with a friend last night. She was complaining that it was too sad, but she liked it a lot, so I'm glad I chose to show her this!
SpoilerShow
I remembered quite well Chihiro's arc, because I was deeply moved by it. All those scenes where Chihiro and Renji don't understand each other... it's so sad, yet so heartwarming. One of best scenes is when Renji is running around the city to recover the missing pages of Chihiro's diary. Hard not to cry at this point!
I almost didn't remember anything about the other arc, because the romantic story is more 'normal', but still, it was also very good. The scene I remembered very well was the one when Miyako is calling Hiro from a public phone and the credit of the phone card is slowly decreasing. With the music and the way the dialogs are written, it's so good! It's hard to hate Miyako or Kei, even when they do bad things.
Shaft already knew how to use the animation. It's very well-done and it doesn't look as random as in Bakemonogatari for example (it's not bad, they are just playing with the animation in the Monogatari series and this is cool). When things are drawn in a particular way, it is often to convey a strong message.

Chihiro still best girl.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya

Post by houreki » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Railgun SShow
The sisters arc is now my favorite arc of the whole toaru series, watching it from Misaka's pov added more details to the story that complements the arc from index though the final episodes were pretty much the same it still manage to entertain me. Kuroko is still as funny as ever XP

Febri arc was pretty meh, but Saten's bat was awesome
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:32 pm

houreki wrote:
Railgun SShow
The sisters arc is now my favorite arc of the whole toaru series, watching it from Misaka's pov added more details to the story that complements the arc from index though the final episodes were pretty much the same it still manage to entertain me. Kuroko is still as funny as ever XP

Wow, you gave it a 9. You seriously enjoyed it to that degree?! I watched it when it was airing and barely finished it. Sometimes, I think that catching up a series after it finished airing might really give a better experience than watching it week by week.
2015-2017Show
ImageImage Image
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Anne Happy - Episode 011-012Show
Heuh why do they have to end it like that?
I mean: hey the two groups should have been joined, like back in episode 5, during the flower of happiness assignment. Why only now they finally is one group of five? ^^;
What's the point of the whole character building behind Hibiki & Ren at the time, then? ^^;

Heuh...
We could have got a different end, one that doesn't close out possibility of a season 2, one that actually teases the series fans to do more to hype the series more as they try to get a satisfying end.
(Because, you know, I understand why they did it like this: because they want a proper end that shows the whole story was not pointless, but... hey that's pretty depressive. Even if it doesn't sell, doesn't mean you should be that pessimistic. Just look at Trinity Seven.)

I won't do rating. Got loads of backlog.
Catchup catchup.
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya

Post by houreki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:52 am

Homura wrote:
houreki wrote:
Railgun SShow

Wow, you gave it a 9. You seriously enjoyed it to that degree?! I watched it when it was airing and barely finished it. Sometimes, I think that catching up a series after it finished airing might really give a better experience than watching it week by week.
I was strugling to wheter give it an 8 or a 9, but i enjoyed more than Index and the first Railgun season, that's why i gave it a 9 ^^;
For the other aspect I think it depends on the serie.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Big OrderShow
Regardless of flaws here & there in the story:
I just saw a 100-episodes anime butchered into like 7 episodes.