Your Catchup Bucket

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Re: Your Catchup Bucket

Post by Bastion » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Again with the thread of connecting SAO and Accel World, 'A level 10 Burst Linker will be able to meet the creator of the game. Find out the real purpose of 'Brain Burst' and its ultimate goal'
Sound familiar XP
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 am

kanohistorm wrote:reply to kordosa
kanohistorm wrote:well, I mean I did score it 70/100, so it wasn't the most terrible show EVER, but the things they dropped points on, they fudged up in some the biggest ways I ever seen. ever.
If you were going for obfuscation here, then I must say your post was very helpful in that regard.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 am

Kordosa wrote:
DurianDude wrote:Watching SAO was about as enjoyable as being shocked with electricity. Some people may be into that kind of thing but I am definitely not.
If I may ask, what exactly did you not like about the series?
I'll spare you the petty details and get to the point.
My explanationShow
SAO carried me in with a cool story featuring lots of awesome enemies and cool fight scenes. Then for some unknown reason it turned it into a cheesy romcom all about Asuna, a character I do not like. It lost all of its action, and instead of awesome front line battles they hung out by a lake and farted around. Plus all of the girls were introduced and discarded two episodes later. Like Liz or Silica. That is poop. You do not just throw a character away after a couple of meaningless episodes unless they are killed and it makes a point, in which case that is okay. Ultimately a lot of the side stories amounted to nothing, which is okay when you have a show like Mushishi which is built that way, but not okay when you have a big important story going on, especially when it is time sensitive. And they beat SAO on level 76? What a load of poop! I wanted to see them fight their way to 100! That final SAO battle with the order guy wasn't even good. That ending to the SAO arc felt rushed and unexciting. And then there was the fairy elf world. It was essentially a crappier SAO world that was way more fake, featured less fighting, removed the danger of dying, and had stupid looking fairies instead of regular characters. I can excuse the cousin love because the Japanese are okay with that but Suguha as a character was just annoying. And that Oberon guy was a lame excuse for a psychotic villain who was as evil as he was generic. At least the guy who made SAO was cool since he did it for shits and giggles. And the defeat of the final boss? He hacked a computer and beat the shit out of a whiny guy who had lost all of his power. Not very thrilling I must say. What happened to all of the awesome battles? The last really cool battle was against the actual level 76 boss. And that is why I think SAO is poop. (Although I gave it a 5/10, that's the third lowest ranking I have ever given a show so it's worse than it sounds. I'm a pretty generous ranker.)
But again, you may disagree and that is okay. It is a subjective matter after all.
Fire Sisters!Show
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:33 am

DurianDude wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
DurianDude wrote:Watching SAO was about as enjoyable as being shocked with electricity. Some people may be into that kind of thing but I am definitely not.
My explanationShow
SAO carried me in with a cool story featuring lots of awesome enemies and cool fight scenes. Then for some unknown reason it turned it into a cheesy romcom all about Asuna, a character I do not like. It lost all of its action, and instead of awesome front line battles they hung out by a lake and farted around. Plus all of the girls were introduced and discarded two episodes later. Like Liz or Silica. That is poop. You do not just throw a character away after a couple of meaningless episodes unless they are killed and it makes a point, in which case that is okay. Ultimately a lot of the side stories amounted to nothing, which is okay when you have a show like Mushishi which is built that way, but not okay when you have a big important story going on, especially when it is time sensitive. And they beat SAO on level 76? What a load of poop! I wanted to see them fight their way to 100! That final SAO battle with the order guy wasn't even good. That ending to the SAO arc felt rushed and unexciting. And then there was the fairy elf world. It was essentially a crappier SAO world that was way more fake, featured less fighting, removed the danger of dying, and had stupid looking fairies instead of regular characters. I can excuse the cousin love because the Japanese are okay with that but Suguha as a character was just annoying. And that Oberon guy was a lame excuse for a psychotic villain who was as evil as he was generic. At least the guy who made SAO was cool since he did it for shits and giggles. And the defeat of the final boss? He hacked a computer and beat the shit out of a whiny guy who had lost all of his power. Not very thrilling I must say. What happened to all of the awesome battles? The last really cool battle was against the actual level 76 boss. And that is why I think SAO is poop. (Although I gave it a 5/10, that's the third lowest ranking I have ever given a show so it's worse than it sounds. I'm a pretty generous ranker.)
But again, you may disagree and that is okay. It is a subjective matter after all.
Reply; spoiler for entire seriesShow
Granted, SAO probably wouldn't be as entertaining to someone who's not an MMO gamer. But the series itself takes into account that it is based off of MMOs and makes use of MMO conventions and tropes. And as an MMO gamer myself (having tried out several different ones over the last ten years), I recognize and appreciate that.

You may think it silly, but people who meet in a game, get to know each other, find out they share a mutual attraction, fall in love, and get married (either inside or outside of the game, or both) aren't as uncommon as you may think. While I haven't had any such experience of the sort myself, I would imagine that questing together, going on dates in-game, or having a "honeymoon" wouldn't be so far-fetched for those people that have. Some people may scoff at the idea of online romance, but emotions are still emotions. And things like voice chat or video chat like Skype minimizes the non-personal aspects of that. I enjoyed the breather episodes since it was nothing but action, action, action up to that point. It also served to strengthen their relationship from a story and plot point of view. Otherwise, the second half of the series would be pointless.

As for the story being time sensitive, the game had already been going on for over a year and a half, and many of the players had gotten used to the idea of simply existing inside the game rather than try to escape since if you didn't lose all of your hit points, you wouldn't die. And living in the safe areas might be a better alternative to real life where you have real responsibilities and hardships. It's called escapism and is nothing new. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many novel enthusiasts, music lovers, gamers, or anime fans.

As for seeing characters for only two episodes only to never be heard from again? That is the nature of MMOs themselves. While exploring, unless you join a party or guild, you will encounter other players you don't know. In certain cases, like for completing a quest or conquering a dungeon or boss, you might temporarily team up with those players in the area to do so. We gamers refer to that type of team as a pick-up group, or PUG. And PUGs are very prevalent in MMOs. I've been part of numerous PUGs myself.

As for the final boss fight occurring on Floor 76, what option do you have if the GM decides to cut to the chase and alter the game by announcing an impromptu live event? That's why they are called Game Masters after all. Although realistically, GMs are supposed to act more responsibly and not have ulterior motives (like toying with peoples' lives) for creating a game in the first place. Even worse is that Kayaba, the GM, was the final boss which should never happen in an actual MMO.

Also, ALO is not SAO, and was never intended to be a replacement. It's a separate game after all, therefore it will have a different setting, a different play style, and different gameplay (Chinese and Korean cookie-cutter MMOs excluded).

As for Kirito curbstomping Sugou, the fact that Sugou manipulated so many former SAO players after their hellish ordeal, and also tried to manipulate and rape Asuna, I think Sugou got what he deserved. Although, I personally would have taken advantage of the mind control/altering data Sugou had collected and made Sugou experience a mental breakdown by making him first experience horrible things then make him "wake" up and think it was a dream, watch him sigh relief, then torture him some more (rinse and repeat this process for an indeterminate number of times) and then snap him out of it and kill him. But then, I can be evil.

But I guess all that probably doesn't matter to you since you said you simply disliked Asuna, Suguha, Kayaba, and Sugou to begin with. In that case, my view is totally moot. If you hate a show then you simply hate a show. I do thank you for explaining your reasons, though. And I'll respect your right to your opinion.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 am

Kordosa wrote:
DurianDude wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
My explanationShow
Reply; spoiler for entire seriesShow
Granted, SAO probably wouldn't be as entertaining to someone who's not an MMO gamer. But the series itself takes into account that it is based off of MMOs and makes use of MMO conventions and tropes. And as an MMO gamer myself (having tried out several different ones over the last ten years), I recognize and appreciate that.

You may think it silly, but people who meet in a game, get to know each other, find out they share a mutual attraction, fall in love, and get married (either inside or outside of the game, or both) aren't as uncommon as you may think. While I haven't had any such experience of the sort myself, I would imagine that questing together, going on dates in-game, or having a "honeymoon" wouldn't be so far-fetched for those people that have. Some people may scoff at the idea of online romance, but emotions are still emotions. And things like voice chat or video chat like Skype minimizes the non-personal aspects of that. I enjoyed the breather episodes since it was nothing but action, action, action up to that point. It also served to strengthen their relationship from a story and plot point of view. Otherwise, the second half of the series would be pointless.

As for the story being time sensitive, the game had already been going on for over a year and a half, and many of the players had gotten used to the idea of simply existing inside the game rather than try to escape since if you didn't lose all of your hit points, you wouldn't die. And living in the safe areas might be a better alternative to real life where you have real responsibilities and hardships. It's called escapism and is nothing new. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many novel enthusiasts, music lovers, gamers, or anime fans.

As for seeing characters for only two episodes only to never be heard from again? That is the nature of MMOs themselves. While exploring, unless you join a party or guild, you will encounter other players you don't know. In certain cases, like for completing a quest or conquering a dungeon or boss, you might temporarily team up with those players in the area to do so. We gamers refer to that type of team as a pick-up group, or PUG. And PUGs are very prevalent in MMOs. I've been part of numerous PUGs myself.

As for the final boss fight occurring on Floor 76, what option do you have if the GM decides to cut to the chase and alter the game by announcing an impromptu live event? That's why they are called Game Masters after all. Although realistically, GMs are supposed to act more responsibly and not have ulterior motives (like toying with peoples' lives) for creating a game in the first place. Even worse is that Kayaba, the GM, was the final boss which should never happen in an actual MMO.

Also, ALO is not SAO, and was never intended to be a replacement. It's a separate game after all, therefore it will have a different setting, a different play style, and different gameplay (Chinese and Korean cookie-cutter MMOs excluded).

As for Kirito curbstomping Sugou, the fact that Sugou manipulated so many former SAO players after their hellish ordeal, and also tried to manipulate and rape Asuna, I think Sugou got what he deserved. Although, I personally would have taken advantage of the mind control/altering data Sugou had collected and made Sugou experience a mental breakdown by making him first experience horrible things then make him "wake" up and think it was a dream, watch him sigh relief, then torture him some more (rinse and repeat this process for an indeterminate number of times) and then snap him out of it and kill him. But then, I can be evil.

But I guess all that probably doesn't matter to you since you said you simply disliked Asuna, Suguha, Kayaba, and Sugou to begin with. In that case, my view is totally moot. If you hate a show then you simply hate a show. I do thank you for explaining your reasons, though. And I'll respect your right to your opinion.
Hey I never said I dislike Kayaba. I didn't like his fight, but I like a bad guy who does stuff just for fun with no ulterior motive. It makes for a troll bad guy.
Fire Sisters!Show
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 am

DurianDude wrote:Hey I never said I dislike Kayaba. I didn't like his fight, but I like a bad guy who does stuff just for fun with no ulterior motive. It makes for a troll bad guy.
Pardon my mistake.
QuotesShow
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 am

Kordosa wrote:
kanohistorm wrote:reply to kordosa
kanohistorm wrote:well, I mean I did score it 70/100, so it wasn't the most terrible show EVER, but the things they dropped points on, they fudged up in some the biggest ways I ever seen. ever.
If you were going for obfuscation here, then I must say your post was very helpful in that regard.
you must forgive me as i never been one to spoil details in critiquing a series. So simply put, I'll say two words and hope you catch the meaning: "Hollywood Resolution"
spoiler alert :3
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:48 am

Finished Nichijou. It starts off making you think it isn't that great, but for some inexplicable reason it really grows on you and really pulls you into the characters and humor. Nothing really happens the whole series but that's okay. I'm sad to see it's over.
Fire Sisters!Show
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:57 am

I like watching clips of Nichijou here and there, full episodes bored me.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

OVA: Golden Boy
Original Release Date: October 1995 to June 1996
Subs: ADV

Change of pace here since an acquaintance of mine let me borrow this. Turned out to be perverted yet heartwarming at the same time.
QuotesShow
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:00 am

On episode 23 of Sakurasou.

My reaction: HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FACK IS HAPPENING. So much implausible shit happening. But it's good. Oh so good.

One small gripe besides all of the impossible speech stuff that would never happen and if it did it would be shut down right away--

How do Mashiro and Rita know that elementary school song, weren't they in england?
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 am

Just finished Sakurasou.

Nanami is definitely near the top of my love live with Mashiro close behind.

I want a season 2 with the new guys!
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 am

School DaysShow
Okay what the hell. Need I say more?
Up next: Nyarko. Also slowly watching TLR. Too fanservicy for me tbh.
Fire Sisters!Show
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Finished Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Nozomi is soooo cute nyaa~ and I really love that maid Suzuki :love:
/wants moar!!

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Heartcatch Precure episode 31 was quite amusing, even that I got spoiled on Yuri already.

Guess I'm going to see Cure Moonlight in action next episode. I'll watch it tomorrow.
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 am

Finished Nyaruko and the second season isn't really considered catching up since it is airing. I really liked the show actually. Now to Chunnbyou or however you spell it.
Fire Sisters!Show
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Sat May 04, 2013 4:46 am

Started watching Tiger & Bunny out of curiosity yesterday. (4 out of 25 episodes watched.) Hmm...looks better than it sounds. And that product placement... :lol:

I should have enough time to finish it (and another anime of my choosing--probably...) during the period break.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Tiger & Bunny completed. (25/25.) Standing by for the movies.
Final episode stingerShow
I thought that the Ouroboros symbol revealing itself on a wet Sternbild dollar was a sequel hook that would later reveal Ouroboros as part of some ancient conspiracy as old as (or older than) Sternbild City itself...that is, until I read that they removed that "symbol reveal" for the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Oh well.
Next up: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. (Hyouka, SAO and Accel World at the backburner for the moment.)
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 am

Finally watched the highly-rated movie, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.
I was quite skeptical at first to be honest, but soon came to understand why it received so much praise.
Never once did I feel bored during those two hours, and the emotion and reflection that the story invoked in me was more significant than I had expected. There were times when I got slightly emotional, which was the last thing I thought would happen.
Overall, this film skilfully depicts the joys and struggles of real life, even though it has a fictional element to it. I highly recommend it to those who haven't watched it yet.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Sat May 11, 2013 8:10 am

Decided that after I wrap up chu2 I'm gonna watch Arakawa under the bridge.
Fire Sisters!Show