Your Catchup Bucket

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Your Catchup Bucket

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 am

Sedon wrote:Finished with Gosick (24/24) and Otome no Boku ni Koishiteru plus Special episode (13/13)

Taking a breather for a while before starting any animesto marathon..
Elvinsky wrote:
question about a certain scene in the last episodeShow
Did Taichi confess to Sawa before she boarded her international flight?
SpoilerShow
It seems like he did ^^;
they had a talk and Taichi looks serious in what he is saying. Plus he had a special moment alone ^^;
SpoilerShow
And in Konatsu, Wakana, Atsuhiro and Taichi's video message to Sawa during their graduation, Taichi couldn't look straight at the camera IIRC. So I guess he did.
*still internally debating*
EDIT: Finally started with Rinne no Lagrange. (1/24, not counting OAVs yet.)

For some reason, Laffinty reminds me of D from Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 am

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko completed. 13/12+1
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 am

Catching up with Soul Eater and Kuroko no basuke
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 am

my thoughts on soul eaterShow
Soul Eater is good, but the end was incredibly disappointing. I mean it was really awful.
Fire Sisters!Show
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Chaos;Head completed (12/12) that was.. tiring
ThoughtsShow
As much as possible I don't want to compare it with Steins;Gate,, but I was really hoping it would be good, though not as great.
Artwork is so-so. Its good it wasn't that much heavy on dialougue
Story is really confusing, and will let you thinking "What the heck is really going on in here?".
The main character Taku was too much caught up in his delusions, and its really hard to take in all those complaining and shouting "Save me, save me" like a 3 year old would do -_-
Though there were fancy swords, there weren't much good fight scenes and compared to all of them, Taku's weapon looks the lamest :\
Ending was just.. *poof* all's well that ends well o.o
so yeah, it was just below average for me.. maybe would have been better if Taku could have awakened his powers earlier in the series, a bit more plot development ._.
anyway, these were just my thoughts.. You could try and watch it if you want to, but I really won't recommend it

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am

Finished CG season 2. Wow what a ride. Anyways what next? Any recommendations?
Fire Sisters!Show
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 am

Just started Mayo Chiki!.
Progress: 1/13 6/13
Subs: Why Not?

Edit: This series is turning out better than I expected.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

finally got off my ass...well- actually, stay on my ass and finished 7episodes of "Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun"

Completed.
spoiler alert :3
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Currently trying to watch Guilty Crown

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Sedon wrote:Chaos;Head completed (12/12) that was.. tiring
ThoughtsShow
As much as possible I don't want to compare it with Steins;Gate,, but I was really hoping it would be good, though not as great.
Artwork is so-so. Its good it wasn't that much heavy on dialougue
Story is really confusing, and will let you thinking "What the heck is really going on in here?".
The main character Taku was too much caught up in his delusions, and its really hard to take in all those complaining and shouting "Save me, save me" like a 3 year old would do -_-
Though there were fancy swords, there weren't much good fight scenes and compared to all of them, Taku's weapon looks the lamest :\
Ending was just.. *poof* all's well that ends well o.o
so yeah, it was just below average for me.. maybe would have been better if Taku could have awakened his powers earlier in the series, a bit more plot development ._.
anyway, these were just my thoughts.. You could try and watch it if you want to, but I really won't recommend it
You should've just read the VN.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 am

Finally decided to start K-On!
Fire Sisters!Show
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 am

Mayo Chiki! completed.
QuotesShow
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:15 am

@Meta-chan,, yeah.. They say the VN was better.. Maybe I should have done just that but it'll take me a long time ^^;

Guilty Crown: 22/22
Time for another break I guess...

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:35 am

Done with Kuroko no Basuke!~ <3

Soul Eater still in progress
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Sedon wrote:@Meta-chan,, yeah.. They say the VN was better.. Maybe I should have done just that but it'll take me a long time ^^;

Guilty Crown: 22/22
Time for another break I guess...
Haha, it's okay. You'll get enough from the game from just the A and AA endings. The B endings sucks.
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:27 am

Rinne no Lagrange season 1 completed. (12/24)

I want to watch the Kamogawa Days OAV (even a raw version), but nobody has subbed it yet.

Proceeding to season 2--with or without the Kamogawa Days OAV.
Kordosa wrote:Just started Mayo Chiki!.

Way late, but is it because of Yuka Iguchi playing a reverse trap butler (and is also the only girl who doesn't trigger Jiro's "allergic reaction")? Or is it because of Eri Kitamura playing a teasing ojou who's apparently bi? (Mmmmm... :P)
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 am

Elvinsky wrote:
Kordosa wrote:Just started Mayo Chiki!.

Way late, but is it because of Yuka Iguchi playing a reverse trap butler (and is also the only girl who doesn't trigger Jiro's "allergic reaction")? Or is it because of Eri Kitamura playing a teasing ojou who's apparently bi? (Mmmmm... :P)
I guess I'll spoiler tag this just to be safeShow
I have to admit I like Subaru a lot. Not for being a bifauxen, but because of her circumstances and the role Kinjirou played in affecting them. I also really liked the convoluted interaction among the haremettes, with a lot of misunderstanding by everyone. Hilarious stuff. And while I did like Kanade, she wasn't really like some of the other ojou characters I've liked. Like you said, she was a tease, but also a troll. And trolls are very much fun to watch (when you're not the target, of course). I actually liked most of the cast. The exceptions being Kanade's chef and to a lesser extent, Kureha. I'd probably say Nakuru's the best, but then again, I do wear glasses.

I will say the comedy started to wear thin just a little bit near the end due to the same set up done over and over, but the romance aspects picked up and balanced that out. The last episode was sort of out of place though, despite my appreciation for Nakuru.
QuotesShow
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Kordosa wrote:
I guess I'll spoiler tag this just to be safeShow
I have to admit I like Subaru a lot. Not for being a bifauxen, but because of her circumstances and the role Kinjirou played in affecting them. I also really liked the convoluted interaction among the haremettes, with a lot of misunderstanding by everyone. Hilarious stuff. And while I did like Kanade, she wasn't really like some of the other ojou characters I've liked. Like you said, she was a tease, but also a troll. And trolls are very much fun to watch (when you're not the target, of course). I actually liked most of the cast. The exceptions being Kanade's chef and to a lesser extent, Kureha. I'd probably say Nakuru's the best, but then again, I do wear glasses.

I will say the comedy started to wear thin just a little bit near the end due to the same set up done over and over, but the romance aspects picked up and balanced that out. The last episode was sort of out of place though, despite my appreciation for Nakuru.
Kanade and her trolling + other stuffShow
Well, Kanade IS a troll, but I guess some of her trolling ways usually involves teasing Kinjirou (and sometimes the other haremettes, e.g.: Masamune Usami) using her feminine charm. At least, that's how it appears to me in some cases... And yeah, Kinjirou and Subaru's developing relationship was definitely the best thing about this show. (Of course, that won't stop shippers from shipping Kinjirou with Kanade, Masamune or Nakuru...)
Anyway...on a different note, I finally decided to take a look at the first four episodes of Black Lagoon and deemed it a "must-watch." I found the Roberta's Blood Trail OAVs to be interesting and action-packed, plus I need something to tide me over while waiting for new episodes of Jormungand: Perfect Order (and that Kamogawa Days OAV, if ever subs come out).
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 pm

going to marathon bakemono over the next few days.

currently, 5/15
spoiler alert :3
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by Sedon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 am

Starting with the season 2 of Nurarihyon no Mago

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
ImageImage