Danganronpa The Animation

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Re: Danganronpa The Animation

Post by akumaxx » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Ep. 2Show
Let's kick the weakest. Sayaka is not the queen.
And additional execution.
Guess who killed Sayaka.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:22 am

Supposed ProfileShow
Who: Maizono
What: Golden Blade
Where: Naegi's Room
When: Some time between 10:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Why: To be the first to get out of here to see her group.

Maizono used Naegi's kindness to her advantage and used it to create a set-up so that all blame would be placed on Naegi while she can get out of here for free. She most likely was the one who swap the nameplates beforehand such that, when she was successful, she can swap the nameplates back, as though nothing had happened. She called someone over to Naegi's room (who believed was her room) and attempted to kill that person using one of the weapons in Naegi's room (i.e. golden sword), but was unsuccessful.
True ProfileShow
Who: 11037 read in a certain way. A shame I cannot manipulate how the ones should look like as well as put this in calculator format.
What: Knife
Where: Naegi's room
When: 1:30 a.m.
Why: ???

Was it merely just self-defense? If it were, the victim could have easily leave the room once s/he got the upper hand, and use the scene to cause discourse and neglect among the group. Instead, the victim stayed, apparently figured out what Maizono was doing, used it to his/her advantage, and the rest was history. To prevent herself from getting killed, Maizono ran to the bathroom, the safest place for her to be in her mind. The victim, now murderer, attempted to open the door, but was unsuccessful. In the heat of the moment, the murderer used the golden sword to cut the door open, but it proved unwise. Instead, the murderer used a glass sphere to break the lock open so that s/he can go inside. From here spelled Maizono's doom. The murderer thought he was done, but with her last breath, Maizono wrote her dying message, cryptic enough for the murderer to not figure out that the code referenced his/her name. Where the knife came from is unknown; most likely, it was Maizono who carried it with her as a back-up, but that cannot be ascertained. Why there is a burnt piece of fabric with blood in the trash room is also something that I cannot figure out clearly, since there are other means to remove a blood stain on one's cuff.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:39 am

Wuuuuuuut sauce? Dang it now I'm sad.
Fire Sisters!Show
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.
Wish: To keep on taking it easy, and to keep my mind limber.

Post by Metaler » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:42 am

Okay, watched the 2nd episode just now. I want to point out some differences from the game, as well as stuff that was left out. I'll try to write them in order of appearance.
SpoilerShow
- The sword in Naegi's room. The anime never explained how it got there. The game has a scene where Maizono approaches Naegi and asks him to help her look for anything that could be used for self-defense. This is when they find this sword, while inspecting the Gym's lobby. It's worth noting, however, that this is a practice sword, so it can't actually cut anything. Not only that, but upon further inspection, the sword is heavily ornamented with gold paint. However, the paint is supposedly cheap and sticks to you easily.

- The morning after the room switch, when everyone is gathering in the cafeteria, Oogami tells Enoshima that she looks a bit different from her magazine pictures, to which Enoshima responds that her pictures are all photoshopped. This conversation does occur, but with Naegi instead of Oogami. In the beggining of the game, Naegi introduces himself to all the students, and that's when the conversation happens. It's not a particularly jarring change, especially because, as you will come to notice in the future, Oogami is one of the most perceptive characters in the story, so it isn't strange for her to notice such a difference in Enoshima's appearance.

- After the students leave the Gym to begin their investigation, Oowada places his coat over Enoshima's body. This is actually something that's not present in the game, so it's a rare example of added content. Honestly, I liked it a lot, and it shows that Oowada is actually a swell fella. This isn't particularly important or anything, but it adds more to his character.

- In this particular shot, Kirigiri seems to be inspecting Naegi's room. Indeed, this is exactly what she's doing, but we're never told what she's looking for specifically. Here, she's looking for any traces of hair. In the game, this is actually an event CG, where Naegi inquires Kirigiri about her findings. She asks Naegi if he has cleaned his room the night before, because she found no traces of hair anywhere. Aditionally, every room comes with a lint roller, so Kirigiri assumes it had been used at some point.

- A particular piece of evidence that is never examined further than it was originally is the knife. Indeed, Maizono has a knife sticking out of her gut. However, it is never actually specified where the knife came from. It actually came from the kitchen. Look at the shot below, from the first episode:

Look at the far right of the picture. See those knives there? In the game, Naegi investigates the kitchen, and notices that one of them is missing.

- Additionally, some testimony was also left out completely. During his investigation, Naegi bumps into Asahina in the cafeteria, and asks if she remembers anything important about last night. She says that, before Night Time, she was having tea in the cafeteria and noticed that all the knives were intact when she was preparing it. However, when she came back there to clean her cup, she noticed that one of them was already gone.

- The anime excluded the fact that the sword's sheath had apparent scratch marks on it. Naegi takes note that they were not there before the murder.

- I don't think this is important, but it is explained in the game that, every week, Monokuma chooses someone to be responsible for taking care of the trash in the school. During the investigation, Yamada says that he's the trash guy for the week and that, because of this, he's the only one with access to the shutter's key.

- An extremely important piece of evidence that was cut out was the fact that, when Naegi and Yamada entered the trash room, the incinerator was on, even though Yamada testifies that he never even turned it on the night before. Also, the incinator has a specific button for turning it on but uuh, that goes without saying, yes?
That's about it, I think. I wanted write my impressions about the episode, but I'll set that aside for now. I will say, however, that one of the best things about this ep was Monokuma. And fuck, his little sexy-James-Bond-Movie-Opening-Dance in the OP was absolutely priceless. Dat fucking bear is hilarious. That, and they somehow managed to make Ishimaru look like Butt-head.

Oh, and the fact that the kind of emulated the game's interface made me giggle like a little girl.
Momokutenshi wrote:I'm having doubts about the anime. It's very close to the game, but it's way too rushed. I'll hold off until the Class Trial to make any judgements, but I feel like it might be disappointing :<
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the class trial. That's pretty much the meat of the game, so I'm expecting good things out of it. Also, Fukawa and Hagakure need more screen-time. >:
"Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner" ~Lao Tzu
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:01 am

Momento10 wrote:
True ProfileShow
Instead, the murderer used a glass sphere to break the lock open so that s/he can go inside. From here spelled Maizono's doom.
This point should also be added onto Meta-chan's expository:
SpoilerShow
  1. The glass sphere is actually found in the trashroom next to the incinerator controls on the other side of the shutters.
  2. It is also noted that it belongs to one of the students, who testifies that it went missing in the laundry room
A certain object in Naegi's roomShow
Metaler wrote:- The sword in Naegi's room. The anime never explained how it got there.
I think it's assumed that it came along with Monokuma's 'leaving presents in their rooms'/equivalent
Metaler wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:I'm having doubts about the anime. It's very close to the game, but it's way too rushed. I'll hold off until the Class Trial to make any judgements, but I feel like it might be disappointing :<
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the class trial. That's pretty much the meat of the game, so I'm expecting good things out of it. Also, Fukawa and Hagakure need more screen-time. >:
Needs more Post-Ch3 Fukawa. Fukawa Pre-Ch2 is lame.
Needs more Celes♥

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Minakami Yuki; Takako X Runa; Mioda Ibuki; Toono Ren... It's a long-ass list.

Post by Metaler » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:16 am

Momokutenshi wrote:
Momento10 wrote:
True ProfileShow
Instead, the murderer used a glass sphere to break the lock open so that s/he can go inside. From here spelled Maizono's doom.
This point should also be added onto Meta-chan's expository:
SpoilerShow
  1. The glass sphere is actually found in the trashroom next to the incinerator controls on the other side of the shutters.
  2. It is also noted that it belongs to one of the students, who testifies that it went missing in the laundry room
SpoilerShow
Good point there. I completely forgot about this. And I even love our baked spiritual friend. >:
Metaler wrote:
Needs more Post-Ch3 Fukawa. Fukawa Pre-Ch2 is lame.
Needs more Celes♥
Shit, you're right. This episode didn't have nearly as much Miyuki Sawashiro as it should've. That makes me sad. >:
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:33 am

you people and your games :P

now you can't play detective with me; but instead now you can laugh at my failures
spoiler alert :3
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Don't worry, Kano! If your speculations was spot-on even that you didn't play the games, it'll be even more amazing :D

Is subs for the newest episodes out?
SpoilerShow
I don't even know... The best girl have died without her freetime uugh (Not Maizono) here wishing If will be animated w/better budget
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.
Metaler
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Metaler » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Lolinekocchi wrote:Don't worry, Kano! If your speculations was spot-on even that you didn't play the games, it'll be even more amazing :D
'zactly. Go nuts with your imagination, dood!
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 am

episode is out, but I probably won't get to it until tomorrow...or really late tonight at the earliest
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:38 am

Ep. 2Show
Ohh, so those comments with all those theories really were true .-. Mkay, so uh yeah, Sayaka...
.__.
Kind of feel bad for Leon, I can't really blame him for trying to kill Sayaka after she tried to assault him. The process of figuring it out was cool though (I...definitely couldn't do that myself). And Kirigiri was <33
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Episode 3 recap is posted on the OP
episode 3 thoughtsShow
- A lot of people mentioned about how to decode the dying message last week, something that I missed. With that said though, dying message are easy to manipulate provided the murderer caught on to it ahead of time. Though, not this time, it can never be used as conclusive evidence without other evidence to support.
- Kirigiri (?????), is probably somewhere along the lines the SDHS Sleuth (Detective, Private Eye and such) based on two more pieces of clues that happened in this episode: how fast she notice details (no matter how small it seems) as well as the tools she use to recreate evidence- something most untrained people won't know...
revisiting my theoryShow
can be found here
- Well, I was right just as much as I was wrong. Although the things that I was right about were in the ballpark of what happened...there were also other stuff that I was completely wrong (thinking that it was a double swap, or that the incinerator was accessed in the morning after the evidence)
- Still, while a lot of felt that episode 2 was really rushed- I thought they did a decent job to throwing out leads without expanding too much on them, leading to some very detailed speculation, it really is a matter of how well you can pay attention to the details and if you can recall information from current and previous episodes
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:00 am

Ep. 3Show
Sayaka is not innocent, no surprise.
The animate style seems to be from game.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Ep. 3Show
AhoAhoAhoAhoAhoAhoAhoAoAoAoAo

Leon's SAN-value is getting down and down...
Of course the executing scene was edited vaguely...
Pokefreaker
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet
Worships: Rea Sanka
Wish: REA

Post by Pokefreaker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:21 am

Not sure if anyone knew this but there is a manga version of this anime/game released.
OT:I love this anime,certainly worth watching.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 am

4Show
So the second person murdered is my second favorite person after the first person murdered. Seriously?!? I mean come on!
Fire Sisters!Show
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:02 am

DurianDude wrote:
4Show
So the second person murdered is my second favorite person after the first person murdered. Seriously?!? I mean come on!
4Show
I know right? I guess the moral is don't get attached to anyone :(
From anyone who is familiar with the source work, how close is this to the original story? Without spoilers from anything beyond the anime please.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:14 am

loudmouth wrote:From anyone who is familiar with the source work, how close is this to the original story? Without spoilers from anything beyond the anime please.
I haven't caught up yet, but the first two episodes were animated pretty much literally, so I would say: very.
Just caught up-- I'd say about 90-95% accuracy. They've rearranged some of the ways some details are presented but retained pretty much all the important stuff (eg. the overall chain of events and various cases thus far) down to even emulating some of the game play action in the Class Trials.

If anyone is curious, the animation for the OP (Monokuma's song) resembles the gameplay from the Machine-Talk-Battle Mode during the Class Trials that come up when anyone resorts to ad hominem attacks.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:15 am

I am being mislead too much.
ProfileShow
Who: Genocider Shou (alibi unknown)
What: A dumbbell
When: 2:00 a.m.
Where: Men's Locker Room
Why: Momobear embarrassment motivation. Someone did not want their embarrassing moment or their secret revealed to everyone.

I highly doubt it is the same as the first murder, a.k.a self defense murder, so I believe Chihiro had no intention of actually killing someone, hence only one profile. A lot of clues were literally showered at us, so it may take me a while to connect everything together. I'll start with my where accusation. The blood on the girl poster from the aftermath of a dumbbell shot to the back of the head meant one thing only: the death had to happen in the men's locker room. I highly doubt that there'd be someone who is willing to switch motivational posters between the two rooms just because s/he felt like it. In any case, with Celestia's testimony, it can be confirmed that Chihiro was most likely going to changing room and may have stayed there until after nighttime, of which he met his sad death. Sakura's comment on the drink spill meant one of two things. A stain usually does not disappear within a day, so unless someone was kind enough to flip the rug over, the rug seen in the woman's changing room was most likely from the men's changing room, i.e. the poster, the rug, and Chihiro's dead body were carried over from the boy's room to the girls room. It would be from here that Genocide set up the bloody message as well as the crucifixion.

Why would Genocide kill Chihiro in the men's locker room but set up the scene at the women's locker room? Why not? Genocide was probably surprised that Chihiro, who appears and is dressed like a girl, is actually male. Having to crucify Chihiro in the men's locker room where the scene should have been would make it very suspicious as most likely no one other than Genocide and Chihiro himself knew of his actual gender. Having a scene there would easily point a finger that a guy has performed the murder, but if Genocide placed him in the female locker room with his regular attire on while taking away his handbook (which could have information about his actual gender) and taking away the bag with his tracksuit (more proof of his actual gender), most likely, the finger would be pointed at a female, leading Genocide to be safe...for now.

So how is Genocide able to access both rooms if there is a need for a handbook of both genders? The key lies in the scene where Kyouko investigates the handbooks of those who died. Monokuma stated that the doors can only be opened as long as they use their handbook to open it, and males can only access the men's locker room and vice versa. Going inside by having someone open the door to bring them in will result in instant death. Monokuma also instigated that the lending of handbooks is forbidden. There's an obvious loophole here. The dead can't lend people anything since they're, well, dead, meaning Genocide knew of this loophole and used it for the advantage, hence why the scene of Kyouko alone is important.

Here is where I am confused as to what gender killed Chihiro. I am convinced enough that the culprit is a male, but I have two instances where it can be either genders. If Genocide was a guy, then he must have walked into the boy's changing room, saw Chihiro, got confused, and came up with the perfect plan to get him out of here on the spot. Thus Chihiro met his sorry death, and the guy transferred him to the girl's locker room by using either Sakaya or Junko's handbook. If Genocide was girl, then the attempt to murder Chihiro happened outside of the locker rooms. Chihiro ran to the men's locker room, assuming he would be safe, since there was no way a girl could enter this place. Naturally, the girl was surprised that he could do that, since she would have never figured out that Chihiro was a guy since the lending of handbooks is banned. Either Chihiro accidentally dropped his handbook during his scare (not likely since he needed it in the first place to get inside) or the girl used Leon's broken yet useable (turned off?) handbook, thus killing him. Why she bothered to drag the picture, the rug, and Chihiro to the female locker room remains a mystery.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:43 am

playing PD2 beta...so havent watched the latest episode yet :P