Sword Art Online

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Momento10 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:20 pm

GGO 5Show
You would think that a photon sword would instantly wipe someone out given that he clearly gave him a fatal blow, yet it acts more like a poison side effect than an actual photon sword. I guess it goes to show why barely anyone would use a photon sword as their main in a shooting VRMMORPG
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm

SAO II ep6Show
Kirito is..., scare. That memory of killing player during SAO really hit him bad. Anyway, his match approach is still insane, using only a so-called sword and handgun to win, and EVEN CUT THE SNIPER BULLET INTO HALF?! :onion112:
Sh!t, Sinon is just too cute!
ImageImage
Welliamrich
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: to marry my love

Post by Welliamrich » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 am

Oh my gosh! Kirito totally lost it with Death Gun! Then he took out is frustration by going into murder more! I can’t wait til he tells Shinon about his mission n shit. She’s a powerful ally to have, though I’m waiting for her to fall in love with him jst to find out he’s with Asuna, like every other girl.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 pm

GGO Ep. 6Show
Nice hug. Bonus when done after SAO trauma even if it's anti-PK.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:51 pm

SpoilerShow
I thought the therapist sounded really familiar...
turns out it's Rita from Sakurasou
(her more famous roles such as Saber uses a different manner of speech)
spoiler alert :3
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:

Post by tehyc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:55 am

Ep7
SpoilerShow
How nice can earn by only gaming. =.=
Really spoilerShow
That Spiegel is gonna kill you soon enough Sinon!
BoB gonna begin soon enough.
ImageImage
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03 pm

GGO Ep. 7Show
So much flashback.
"I will be back soon" sounds like a flag.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Alright. The Phantom Bullet adaptation is now on the second volume of the light novels. Meaning...they took 6 episodes to adapt Volume I and going to take 18 episodes to adapt Volume II? Interesting. I know Phantom Bullet II is significantly more information dense, but that's still stretching it a little.
SpoilerShow
especially since the majority of it is literally just the finals of Bullet of Bullets. I don't know about others, but I would rather not sit through like 12 episodes adapting a single match.
While I would love to see Mother's Rosario, which happens to be the best arc ever, animated, I would also rage if they attempt to fit it into the last few episodes of Sword Art Online II, and do a shitty rushed job like they did with Aincrad and Fairy Dance.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:19 am

hey guys, I don't know if any of you are interested in this, but the full version of the ed song has just been released.
this should be the original mv, since the date matches its announced launching date (which is 2 days ago) and I see no "forced editing"

(lol how to put dailymotion vid directly, huh? -_- )
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:

Post by tehyc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Ep8Show
Holy sht! Why stop at climax?!?!
The battle of BoB 3 started, and Sinon seems like she will do pretty well and actually she will. Kirito is just tracking down Death Gun and don't think (s)he will do some killing unless needed. Death Gun with Silent Assassin? Seriously? Another killing in real life gonna happen.
Kirito is super cute at 04:57! >< Damn you!
ImageImage
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:07 pm

looking at the pace: okay so now we know the anime won't over-exploit GGO and 14-15 episodes is the maximal length of the arc..
(now that's relieving.. :) )
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Reverend wrote:looking at the pace: okay so now we know the anime won't over-exploit GGO and 14-15 episodes is the maximal length of the arc..
(now that's relieving.. :) )
If this is true (not yet seen episode 8), then I can live with a 9-10 episode adaptation of Mother's Rosario as long as they don't screw up anywhere. Otherwise, STAY THE F*** AWAY from Mother's Rosario, A-1 Pictures.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:12 am

spoiler detected, non light-novel readers, please proceed with caution
SpoilerShow
RailWarrior wrote: If this is true (not yet seen episode 8), then I can live with a 9-10 episode adaptation of Mother's Rosario as long as they don't screw up anywhere. Otherwise, STAY THE F*** AWAY from Mother's Rosario, A-1 Pictures.
well, they can make still make it to 18 if they reduce the speed, but it will be reducing the "wow" impact they can earn at the final battle

you know: looking at other series whom light novels and anime both a hit, there is a high probability that the Mother Rosario arc will be made into a movie..
yes, it sucks, but that's how the marketing world works: based on biggest profit

beside, if they made Mother Rosario a movie, then they could make 2-3 seasons of PA without making audience who don't like long term run bored
This is very important, considering Asuna in role in PA is almost the same of her role here, and since Asuna is the 2nd main attraction in the anime, means they need to make Alice as alluring as Asuna at least or the absence of Asuna will be felt (just like what happen at GGO, thank goodness Sinon is not a bad heroine)
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:21 am

Reverend wrote:spoiler detected, non light-novel readers, please proceed with caution
SpoilerShow
RailWarrior wrote: If this is true (not yet seen episode 8), then I can live with a 9-10 episode adaptation of Mother's Rosario as long as they don't screw up anywhere. Otherwise, STAY THE F*** AWAY from Mother's Rosario, A-1 Pictures.
well, they can make still make it to 18 if they reduce the speed, but it will be reducing the "wow" impact they can earn at the final battle

you know: looking at other series whom light novels and anime both a hit, there is a high probability that the Mother Rosario arc will be made into a movie..
yes, it sucks, but that's how the marketing world works: based on biggest profit

beside, if they made Mother Rosario a movie, then they could make 2-3 seasons of PA without making audience who don't like long term run bored
This is very important, considering Asuna in role in PA is almost the same of her role here, and since Asuna is the 2nd main attraction in the anime, means they need to make Alice as alluring as Asuna at least or the absence of Asuna will be felt (just like what happen at GGO, thank goodness Sinon is not a bad heroine)
Actually, I would love a movie adaptation. The impact of Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu is still fresh in my mind. Well Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is too, but let's not mention that horror. Freakin masterpiece, it was. Fine, Kyoto Animation went way overboard with that one, and A-1 Pictures adaptation of Mother's Rosario isn't nearly going to do as well. But when it comes to theater releases, no company is likely to cut corners. It's not like a TV series where they can just say "whatever, we'll fix this in the DVD release," as the money generated from theatrical releases is largely decided by it's initial screening.
In short, there's just no f***ing up a movie. So if Mother's Rosario gets one, I would be happy.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:11 am

RailWarrior wrote:
Reverend wrote:spoiler detected, non light-novel readers, please proceed with caution
SpoilerShow

Actually, I would love a movie adaptation. The impact of Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu is still fresh in my mind. Well Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is too, but let's not mention that horror. Freakin masterpiece, it was. Fine, Kyoto Animation went way overboard with that one, and A-1 Pictures adaptation of Mother's Rosario isn't nearly going to do as well. But when it comes to theater releases, no company is likely to cut corners. It's not like a TV series where they can just say "whatever, we'll fix this in the DVD release," as the money generated from theatrical releases is largely decided by it's initial screening.
In short, there's just no f***ing up a movie. So if Mother's Rosario gets one, I would be happy.
it's because Haruhi is such a good light novel that it actually deserves more hype than it ever had (it's a thousand times better than novel like Harry Potter or Twilight, if there is a classification of epicness of story, Haruhi goes in the same floor as Tolkien's Middle Earth arcs, just a different section)

phew, if only those decision maker at A-1 can stop thinking that action LN series like SAO can be treated the same way they treated Fairy Tail and Magi (the latter case proves to be a mess -_-)
well, at least I got to hear more Yuki Kajiura (she's the sole reason why I managed to survive the long 5 episodes of waiting)
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:42 am

Well, on the topic of what SAO II Part 2 (Part 1 being Phantom Bullet) would adapt, another thing comes to mind: Caliber.
They could integrate the whole Jotenheimr subplot that Sword Art Online skipped as a flashback, and then forward to the quest. It could work because Caliber takes place some time after Phantom Bullet.
But the way I see it, Caliber actually works better as a movie than Mother's Rosario does. Either works.

And then we have the quest shown to us in SAO Special Edition, which just screams movie.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:23 pm

RailWarrior wrote:Well, on the topic of what SAO II Part 2 (Part 1 being Phantom Bullet) would adapt, another thing comes to mind: Caliber.
They could integrate the whole Jotenheimr subplot that Sword Art Online skipped as a flashback, and then forward to the quest. It could work because Caliber takes place some time after Phantom Bullet.
But the way I see it, Caliber actually works better as a movie than Mother's Rosario does. Either works.

And then we have the quest shown to us in SAO Special Edition, which just screams movie.
agree, Caliber would also be a good movie
(but no, if you're about to make Caliber a movie, please don't put Jotunheimr short-story in it (I got bored in Leafa all the time, she's just too sidekick like, not very powerful as a main heroine) )
although, since Sinon is also quite the spotlight character in Caliber, putting Caliber in SAO season II is not really an odd decision
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi

Post by akumaxx » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:18 pm

GGO Ep. 8Show
Kirito is taking advantage of his Kiriko avatar.
Here comes the Death Gun.
And Sinon is pushed down.
== Low Activity ==
Previous cardsShow
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:20 am

NSFW?Show
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 am

f*ck*ng kiritrap ._.