Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Post Reply
User avatar
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Magical girls
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!
Location: Your dreams

Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by CureRainbow » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Yeah, I know, right now we're still into the summer animes, but looks like we have a little preview of the lineup of fall animes that was recently uploaded. Check it out!

For anichart v3, click here: https://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 014-v3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For Neregate v3, click here: .jpg/.png
For Moetron, click here: http://www.moetron.com/2014/08/21/fall- ... ollection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Arigatou, tehyc!)

Let's see... Definite watches for me would be Grisaia and Amagi Brilliant Park. Sora no Method looks interesting too! And lol, are we getting a Kotori clone in the twintail anime?
Oh, and it looks like Studio Ghibli's making an anime series for the first time! Might watch Sanzoku too since I'm a big fan of their movies.
Last edited by CureRainbow on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Image
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by Bastion » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Interested in Denkigai and Fate, will likely pick up Wixoss when I have time to finish the first season.
User avatar
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:34 pm
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?
Location: Sakurasou

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by kanohistorm » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Daitoshokan would had been a must watch if it wasn't Hoods doing it.
Other than that...Fate/ remake would be awesome.

Trinity Seven...looks quite risque from the visuals
Image
spoiler alert :3
User avatar
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well
Location: KONMAI

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by LOveLive! » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:30 am

Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia Grisaia...

And looking forward to spread WIXOSS.
User avatar
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Contact:

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by houreki » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 am

Right now I only have on my ''plan to watch'' list Amagi Brilliant Park.
Last edited by houreki on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
User avatar
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Posts: 3260
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by smartboyhw » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 am

houreki wrote:Right now I only have on mi ''plan to watch'' list Amagi Brilliant Park.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
User avatar
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics
Location: Realm of Deceit

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by akumaxx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

Some of the S2s. Well.
Daitoshokan
PP S2
Chaika S2
Gundam (both?)
Amagi
Grisaia
Wixoss S2
Buddy SP
(maybe) new Fate
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by tehyc » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:07 am

Surely will go for:
HnC S2
KanColle
Trinity 7
LH S2
Amagi Brilliant Park

Maybe will go for:
Fate/stay Night
WIXOSS
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Last edited by tehyc on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2972
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 am

-I already know Log Horizon isn't going to disappoint, so my highest expectation goes to World Trigger. :bigsmile:
-I've been meaning to read Grisaia VN, but never really had time. Glad it's being adapted into an anime so I'll have at least the general feel of the story.
-Definitely excited about Magic Kaito. Back when I still watched Meitantei Conan, his episodes were the only ones I looked forward too.
-Is Reconguista going to continue the trend of shit Gundam series?
-I have mixed feelings about Hitsugi no Chaika. I liked the story, but
that endingShow
was put off by the lolicon
-WIXOSS -_-. Second worst anime of 2014, after Mahou Sensou.
-Been hearing good things about Trinity Seven, so looking forward to that.
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by tehyc » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:46 am

Chart from Neregate in .jpg and .png.
ImageImage
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 am

RailWarrior wrote:-I already know Log Horizon isn't going to disappoint, so my highest expectation goes to World Trigger. :bigsmile:
-I've been meaning to read Grisaia VN, but never really had time. Glad it's being adapted into an anime so I'll have at least the general feel of the story.
-Definitely excited about Magic Kaito. Back when I still watched Meitantei Conan, his episodes were the only ones I looked forward too.
-Is Reconguista going to continue the trend of shit Gundam series?
-I have mixed feelings about Hitsugi no Chaika. I liked the story, but
that endingShow
was put off by the lolicon
-WIXOSS -_-. Second worst anime of 2014, after Mahou Sensou.
-Been hearing good things about Trinity Seven, so looking forward to that.
WIXOSS does not suck.

It's just more of understanding how the story goes.
For this one it's more of character than card game itself
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by Bastion » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 pm

A Vanguard movie?
Another Tenchi series?

Magic Kaito has been going on for at least a year as specials, I think it's on episode 12 or something. As I understand it, they've already covered most of the manga (it's only two volumes I think), unless they're going to do anime originals.

Aside from said above, nothing really stands out.
User avatar
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 am
Worships: Kotomi of course
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians
Location: At the Tomato Market
Contact:

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by DurianDude » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 am

So far mushishi and log horizon are a must. The rest will be determined later, but there will be more. Also a ton of OVAs to watch this round.
Image
Fire Sisters!Show
Image
User avatar
gravitonne
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 pm
Worships: Saitama
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MEGANE DOMINATION

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by gravitonne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Been wondering why Grisaia had been pushed back for I don't know two season I think....
And Wixoss is pretty good for me...
Gonna check everything before deciding what to junk... (But seriously after watching No Game No Life I've started being picky when watching anime)
Sure to watch:
Yawamushi Pedal
Fate
Grisaia
Wixoss
Trinity Seven (since I already read the manga)
Chaika
Log Horizon
Psycho Pass
Amagi Brilliant Park (why not it's KyotoAni)
Image
User avatar
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics
Location: Realm of Deceit

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by akumaxx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:15 pm

This VN is gonna join October:
http://ushinawareta-mirai.com/
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
User avatar
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2972
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 am

Fuijiwara wrote: WIXOSS does not suck.

It's just more of understanding how the story goes.
For this one it's more of character than card game itself
Why I think WIXOSS is a terrible excuse of an animeShow
Even if the anime focuses more on the character "development" (which I see none of. Events happen to the characters but nothing about them even changes) the card game is what the whole freaking plot revolves around. You can't just dismiss it completely.
If you're going to tell a story that introduces a completely new game, especially if said game is a central point, at least explain the mechanics. Otherwise, it's just shit directing. Not presenting the rules gives staff a ton of room to pull some BS actions that would not be possible in an actual match. They hide the fact that they actually have no idea what the hell the rules are, or too lazy to simulate and animate a believable match, by throwing in random battle animations. And you can bet they pulled that shit on multiple occasions. Plot. Hole.

As for the characters, they're all uninteresting and one-dimensional. From beginning to end, Ruko is some emo, dead girl; Yuzuki is victimized; Friendless Girl is friendless; Akira is a bitch and remains a bitch; etc.

It gets worse if you consider that WIXOSS is pretty much a Fate/Zero ripoff, doing wrong everything that Fate/Zero did right.
Ruko is a freakin Kotomine Kirei expy in all aspects. Literally copy, paste, change gender, done! Dead soul, bloodlust, wish-less, etc.
Yuzuki typical character who thinks she's a victim of everything and with an unrequited love. Can I cue Kariya here?
Friendless Girl is everything bad about Waver.
Akira is pretty reminiscent of Ryuunosuke.
Chiyori? Oh, Hello, Illya.
LRIGs? Servants much?
Whole Selectors system being based on twisting wishes? I think we've all seen that before too.

Too bad Urobuchi Gen wasn't doing the writing.
UBW route of Fate/Stay Night. God I finally watched Studio Deen's adaptation and it was laughable.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de. This has my attention because I'd like to see what Studio Trigger can do in a series that (hopefully) won't pull a festival of stufectiveness like Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill.

Rakuen Tsuihou. Urobuchi movie. Enough Said.

Ore, Twintails Ni Narimasu. Oh geez. Gender Bender and probably harem. Likely chance I'll drop this, and like with other rage-inducing anime, pick it back up 2 years later after my rage dies down.

LogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizon
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by Fuijiwara » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:26 pm

RailWarrior wrote:
Fuijiwara wrote: WIXOSS does not suck.

It's just more of understanding how the story goes.
For this one it's more of character than card game itself
Why I think WIXOSS is a terrible excuse of an animeShow
Even if the anime focuses more on the character "development" (which I see none of. Events happen to the characters but nothing about them even changes) the card game is what the whole freaking plot revolves around. You can't just dismiss it completely.
If you're going to tell a story that introduces a completely new game, especially if said game is a central point, at least explain the mechanics. Otherwise, it's just shit directing. Not presenting the rules gives staff a ton of room to pull some BS actions that would not be possible in an actual match. They hide the fact that they actually have no idea what the hell the rules are, or too lazy to simulate and animate a believable match, by throwing in random battle animations. And you can bet they pulled that shit on multiple occasions. Plot. Hole.

As for the characters, they're all uninteresting and one-dimensional. From beginning to end, Ruko is some emo, dead girl; Yuzuki is victimized; Friendless Girl is friendless; Akira is a bitch and remains a bitch; etc.

It gets worse if you consider that WIXOSS is pretty much a Fate/Zero ripoff, doing wrong everything that Fate/Zero did right.
Ruko is a freakin Kotomine Kirei expy in all aspects. Literally copy, paste, change gender, done! Dead soul, bloodlust, wish-less, etc.
Yuzuki typical character who thinks she's a victim of everything and with an unrequited love. Can I cue Kariya here?
Friendless Girl is everything bad about Waver.
Akira is pretty reminiscent of Ryuunosuke.
Chiyori? Oh, Hello, Illya.
LRIGs? Servants much?
Whole Selectors system being based on twisting wishes? I think we've all seen that before too.

Too bad Urobuchi Gen wasn't doing the writing.
UBW route of Fate/Stay Night. God I finally watched Studio Deen's adaptation and it was laughable.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de. This has my attention because I'd like to see what Studio Trigger can do in a series that (hopefully) won't pull a festival of stufectiveness like Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill.

Rakuen Tsuihou. Urobuchi movie. Enough Said.

Ore, Twintails Ni Narimasu. Oh geez. Gender Bender and probably harem. Likely chance I'll drop this, and like with other rage-inducing anime, pick it back up 2 years later after my rage dies down.

LogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizonLogHorizon

Doesn't a lot of anime copy Fate/zero series as well. Dont use that as an example please
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2972
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:Doesn't a lot of anime copy Fate/zero series as well. Dont use that as an example please
Copying some parts of another anime is fine. Heck Fate/Zero itself fed off Stay Night.
But WIXOSS literally rips off the entire cast and plot.

Making a claim without any examples at all is just poor argument. You say "a lot" of anime copy Fate/Zero. Name a couple that does that to the same extent as WIXOSS.
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by tehyc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Anichart updated.
Detailed on release date at Meotron.
ImageImage
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Re: Fall 2014: Your Expectations and Anticipations

Post by tehyc » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:06 am

Anichart Version 3.0, with OVA and Movie included.
ImageImage
Post Reply