Your Dropped Anime List

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:14 am

Still no new drops from me *just* yet, but I started watching Unlimited Blade Works (or as some memes call it: Unlimited Budget Works), so we'll see. I also started watching Soul Eater NOT today, and I've been watching Last Exile as well. All seem fine so far, but Akame ga Kill started off fine too, and I regret watching that, so who knows? Having finished DanMachi recently, I've got mixed feelings about it. It had good moments and good humour at times, but it was also pretty predictable in places. I guess if there's a second season, I'll watch that, or at least some of it, but I won't lose any sleep if it's a one season only deal. Still sticking with Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu, especially now that things are looking good and kawaii again. There's a few new shows starting soon that I'll be checking out, so there may be some drops there, we'll see.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:40 pm

A hearty thanks to everyone who encouraged me to finish NagiAsu. I loved it <3
SpoilerShow
Tsumugu x Chisaki is official. i can now die in peace. Tho Kaname...
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Based upon the first episode, there is a 50/50 chance that I'll end up dropping Charlotte. I hate Yu-kun, and here's why (features plot spoilers so if you haven't seen episode 1 yet, might want to do that first.):
Why I hate YuShow
He's your typical dick biscuit, but with the added catch of him beng able to possess people for 5 seconds, which is so not cool. The short time frame that is. Well, what he uses it for is also pretty douchey. Why is it that everyone given the power to possess others uses it to be a complete dick? Well, now that I recall, Charles Xavier didn't, but he's the only one I know of. Everyone else either uses it for immature things (like perving/theft) or else for evil purposes. That's so overused even for a cliche. For once, I'd like to see someone using the power of possession for good. Other than the aforementioned baldy that is.
So yeah, not the best start to an anime. I'll keep going and hope that it turns around. It probably will since this is a Key/Visual Arts project, but I'm just saying that the 1st ep was disappointing compared to (might as well use another Key project here) Angel Beats! for example, which had me hooked from the OP alone.

You can light the torches and come at me with pitchforks now, if you like.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:17 pm

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Based upon the first episode, there is a 50/50 chance that I'll end up dropping Charlotte. I hate Yu-kun, and here's why (features plot spoilers so if you haven't seen episode 1 yet, might want to do that first.):
Why I hate YuShow
He's your typical dick biscuit, but with the added catch of him beng able to possess people for 5 seconds, which is so not cool. The short time frame that is. Well, what he uses it for is also pretty douchey. Why is it that everyone given the power to possess others uses it to be a complete dick? Well, now that I recall, Charles Xavier didn't, but he's the only one I know of. Everyone else either uses it for immature things (like perving/theft) or else for evil purposes. That's so overused even for a cliche. For once, I'd like to see someone using the power of possession for good. Other than the aforementioned baldy that is.
If my opinion is worth anything, then I personally think that Yu's current behavior leaves a lot of room for character development. He was described as KEY's rudest protagonist yet. Also, according to some sites, Jun Maeda stated that unlike Angel Beats!, Charlotte will focus on the characters rather than comedy shenanigans. I dislike Clannad to some extent, but I'm a huge fan of Angel Beats! and Little Busters!, so I'm counting on this. Though that's a big promise he's made...

Why everyone with supernatural powers uses it for immature stuff? You answered your own question. The reason why these characters do immature stuff is because they have the power to. I personally think it's justified. I actually find it weird how people bash on characters that use their powers for evil purposes- and then bash on characters who use their powers for justice they mind end up like kira... wouldn't mind that tho. Don't mind me, of course. I'm just talking generally.

I like the fact that every superpower has a shortcoming. I've taken a liking to Nao's curt behavior, so I'll most probably have no problems with her. Though many people on MyAnimeList expressed dislike for her attitude...
HelixDraxzonyx wrote:So yeah, not the best start to an anime. I'll keep going and hope that it turns around. It probably will since this is a Key/Visual Arts project, but I'm just saying that the 1st ep was disappointing compared to (might as well use another Key project here) Angel Beats! for example, which had me hooked from the OP alone.
SpoilerShow
I'm just praying Maeda doesn't pull that 'fantasy world' theme he did in Clannad; After Story and Little Busters! ~Refrain~ I'd be super-mad if he did. Also, I'm predicting that Ayumi will die at some point in the story like Hatsune. Though Hatsune's 3-5 minute role tore my heart out. Anyway, let's just hope for a tearjerking anime with realistic character interactions.
HelixDraxzonyx wrote:You can light the torches and come at me with pitchforks now, if you like.
It's cool. I think everyone in this community is nice. They're just tsuntsun
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Well, I hope you're right about Yu, and that he ends up being more likeable in future. This was just my first impression, which for a work of Maeda-san's, was lacking compared to Angel Beats! and Clannad in my opinion. As for the misuse of powers, I've just seen so much of that over the years, and it's really boring. I'm always genuinely surprised when I see people using their powers for good right from the beginning, and always root for them no matter how naive their ambitions are. Seeing people use invisibility to sneak into the girl's locker room or whatever is just tragically pathetic, and really annoying to watch. Kinda like Issei's "Dress Breaker" in Highschool DxD. It's like "what's the point?" Oh great, you can strip girls in a flash, big whoop. How's that going to help against a tank of a guy who can rip your head off faster than you can strip a loli? So when I see that kind of character, my skin crawls. This crappy world needs heroes, not perverts.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:05 pm

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Well, I hope you're right about Yu, and that he ends up being more likeable in future. This was just my first impression, which for a work of Maeda-san's, was lacking compared to Angel Beats! and Clannad in my opinion. As for the misuse of powers, I've just seen so much of that over the years, and it's really boring. I'm always genuinely surprised when I see people using their powers for good right from the beginning, and always root for them no matter how naive their ambitions are. Seeing people use invisibility to sneak into the girl's locker room or whatever is just tragically pathetic, and really annoying to watch. Kinda like Issei's "Dress Breaker" in Highschool DxD. It's like "what's the point?" Oh great, you can strip girls in a flash, big whoop. How's that going to help against a tank of a guy who can rip your head off faster than you can strip a loli? So when I see that kind of character, my skin crawls. This crappy world needs heroes, not perverts.
I agree with some points. The antagonism with powers is getting a bit boring, but character development never hurts. It's nice to see people appreciating characters with good intentions. Let's just hope he changes for the better.
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:They're just tsuntsun
b-baka
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:35 pm

On a different note, I regret not starting Soul Eater NOT! sooner. Really enjoying it so far, though I'm confused about when it's set. For the most part, it seems to take place before the main series, but I thought Medusa showed up much later? I guess I should go back and rewatch Soul Eater soon then, because I can't really remember any more.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 pm

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:You can light the torches and come at me with pitchforks now, if you like.
*Trips and gets burned by torch and ends up stabbing self with pitchfork* I really shouldn't get into mob situations
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Bastion wrote:
*Trips and gets burned by torch and ends up stabbing self with pitchfork* I really shouldn't get into mob situations
WTF is with this Final Destination scenario?
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:07 am

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:
Bastion wrote:
WTF is with this Final Destination scenario?
Sounds like something from Another. Man that was a good show. I'll have to remember to nominate Misaki Mei for next year's Saimoe. The quiet, mysterious type will always hold a strong place in my heart. It also helps that she is irresistably cute.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 am

I dropped Re-kan. It's not a bad anime but there's not enough excitement for me to want to watch the next episode.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Post by Kiwigiwi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 am

Officially dropping ore monogatari. It's not bad, and I like the characters.. but I don't think I can handle that many episodes of it's slow pace. Plus spring is over and I've been putting it on hold for too long

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:49 am

Kurogarasu wrote:Officially dropping ore monogatari. It's not bad, and I like the characters.. but I don't think I can handle that many episodes of it's slow pace. Plus spring is over and I've been putting it on hold for too long
Awh. Hope you get back to it soon. It is really decent for an anime
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Things I liked about Ore Monogatari
- The Opening
- The Main relationship
- Sunabro
- The first couple episodes

Things I didn't like about Ore Monogatari
- The sleep inducing pace after the first couple episodes.
- Nothing happening
- Why am I watching this
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:43 am

Dropped Fairy Tail (2014). Might pick it up later for certain episodes and I generally know what's happening in the manga, but I'm only interested in a few characters so I have no motivation to keep watching. Plus the animation is ugh.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

There's a good chance I'll end up dropping Kuusen Madoushi. It's been cliche city so far, but I think it has potential. Maybe. On the flip side, Gakko Gurashi is currently my favourite Summer season show. Sends a massive chill down my spine with each episode though. Looking forward to seeing what'll happen with God Eater as well, that had a pretty fun pilot. Charlotte's improved since the first ep, but I'm still uncertain about it.

In other news, today's vote was a harsh mistress. Pitting Yuri Nakamura against Yuki Nagato? I still don't know if I made the right choice. Every other vote I cast I didn't even need to think about, but those two, that required a lot of thinking.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm sure a few of you are thinking this is long overdue but: I regret not dropping Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu. Yuki's cuteness for most of the show was not sufficient enough to counter Haruhi's invasion, the confusing plot development, and the limp ending. I hope that the series creator finally decides to let this dead horse stay dead instead of trying to flog it again.

I'm also placing Last Exile on Hiatus. It's a good show, but I've got a pretty full schedule at the moment and I can't find regular time to watch it, so it's hard for me to get into it. Aside from a rumoured second season of Owari no Seraph, I'm unaware of anything I'm interested in watching in the autumn, so I'll probably pick up Last Exile (and Shirobako) again then. What I've seen of it so far I really enjoyed, and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone, I just wish I'd been smarter about when I chose to watch it.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto
2017 Female Favorite: Kanbe Kotori
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi

Post by RailWarrior » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Summer 2015 drops:
- Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - some god awful stuff.
- Prison School - not my cup of tea.
>>Last season, J.C. Staff was able to completely flip my opinions on DanMachi and Shokugeki no Souma. That's not happening with this season's series.
- Durarara!!x2 Ten - technically just on hold until the end of Winter 2016
- Wakaba*Girl - "meh"
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Add to that Summer 2015 drop list:
- Venus Project: Climax --> Nothing is wrong with the cast or the story, actually. It's just that half-way through the first episode, I got discouraged, and I know I won't be able to pick it up (not in any near-time, at least)
Something is missing there, no *dokidoki* feeling you got when you watch something exciting and no *Awww she's so cute* feeling either - everything is just so plain.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~