Your Dropped Anime List

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 pm

I think Suzumiya Haruhi is a pretty decent series. For Haruhi she is definitely one the characters I like the most, well to be specific 2nd favourite character in the series. I would say the character who pissed me off to no end in that series is Mikuru.
Image
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Bastion » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Eh. I don’t like Haruhi Suzumiya either. It’s partly because of the fandom, but I can’t stand Haruhi’s attitude. She pissed me off in the 1st-2nd episode, when she threatens the Computer Club by harasses Mikuru in the worst way possible.
Another thing I'd like to mention irrelevantly, Nakamura Yuri canNOT be compared to Haruhi. I know they do look similar, but their personalities are drastically different. Yuri cares and looks after her comrades, and acts like a 'leader'. Haruhi doesn't.
Watch the baseball episode of AB! Yuri acts exactly like a Haruhi reincarnation. The rest of the series, I'd agree with your argument, but the personality is there in both of them.
Gilgamesh is a better Haruhi-type though
User avatar
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Bastion wrote:
Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Eh. I don’t like Haruhi Suzumiya either. It’s partly because of the fandom, but I can’t stand Haruhi’s attitude. She pissed me off in the 1st-2nd episode, when she threatens the Computer Club by harasses Mikuru in the worst way possible.
Another thing I'd like to mention irrelevantly, Nakamura Yuri canNOT be compared to Haruhi. I know they do look similar, but their personalities are drastically different. Yuri cares and looks after her comrades, and acts like a 'leader'. Haruhi doesn't.
Watch the baseball episode of AB! Yuri acts exactly like a Haruhi reincarnation. The rest of the series, I'd agree with your argument, but the personality is there in both of them.
Gilgamesh is a better Haruhi-type though
I do think her charisma is like Haruhi's and it was a mistake on my part to call their 'personalities' different, but their character interaction sets them both apart. Either way, I don't think Haruhi acknowledges the anguish she puts Kyon and Mikuru through. I see her as selfish, demanding and bossy, but no one seems to tell her that. I would never want to be friends with someone who demands the world from me, drags me around and throws a fit if something doesn't go her way.
I can understand why people like her through.
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Bastion » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Although it doesn't really belong here, I finished reading the Tokyo Mew Mew manga, decent story for a magical girl plot, but the ending was horrible, not even interested in watching/reading the adaption/next season. The ending was done hugely better by Sailor Moon actually.

On the Haruhi topic, looks-wise, she's attractive, everything else is just horribad.
User avatar
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Posts: 3121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 am
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
Location: China

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Homura » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Will be updating the lists soon.
Image
User avatar
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm probably late in saying this, but I remember Helix asked me why I dropped YnS somewhere. I replied incest is a matter I am uncomfortable with, but I've grown to re-think my priorities over time. Here is my reasoning:
SpoilerShow
I dropped Yosuga no Sora on Episode 10. It’s not because of incest. If two people dearly love each other with all their hearts, who am I to stop them? I dislike Yosuga no Sora because I don’t get the love between Sora and Haruka. It’s not even love. Most of their interactions consist of Sora emotionally abusing Haruka, and Haruka standing like a doormat and not considering the fact that his sister might have mental issues. It’s pure lust.

On another note, I love Koi Kaze a lot. In many ways, I think it's one of the best Romance I've ever seen. It beautifully turned a controversial issue into a mature, thought-provoking discussion. The romance between Nanako and Saeki is believable and touching. It buds slowly and steadily, over the period of three years. It's hard to accept their love for each-other, especially when social norms are tearing them apart, but they do muster the courage to. They regret it, like any human being would. but they decide to face the consequences. Together
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
User avatar
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by houreki » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:12 pm

I dropped Sailor Moon Crystal, I tried to watch it till the end cuz nostalgia but I couldn't. I felt more and more dissapointed with every episode.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
User avatar
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Posts: 3121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 am
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
Location: China

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Homura » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 am

When I was like 7 or 8 years old, often after I got out of school, there was Sailor Moon on TV. I just never liked it due to some reason. Later when I was in high school, I heard Sailor Moon was actually popular in the Western too, and I still remember my reaction,
SpoilerShow
What??? seriously unbelievable.
User avatar
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by houreki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:11 am

Here in Latin America was pretty popular too, but at that time I was too young so I don't remember anything apart from just a couple of scenes, but I like the 90's Sailor Moon, mostly for the comedy and the character, the monster of the week is the only thing I dislike from it though.

Crystal on the other hand removes all the comedy and the pace is faster, but I didn't like the animation and the plot.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am

For Crystal I found it okay but the art quality bothered me a bit.
Image
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Bastion » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Homura wrote:When I was like 7 or 8 years old, often after I got out of school, there was Sailor Moon on TV. I just never liked it due to some reason. Later when I was in high school, I heard Sailor Moon was actually popular in the Western too, and I still remember my reaction,
SpoilerShow
What??? seriously unbelievable.
For me, Sailor Moon was one of the shows that I watched before I walked to school, has one of my favorite characters, and probably the show that brought me to full anime fan.
Looking forward to watching Crystal because I know the story is different in the manga version.
SpoilerShow
The bad guys of seasons 1 and 3(?) are actually 'Sailor Scouts' for others.
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:19 am

I dropped Kuroko no Basuke due I felt like it was dragging on pace wise and the characters weren't too interesting.
Image
User avatar
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime
Location: Hell (Also known as Wales)

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Eh. I don’t like Haruhi Suzumiya either. It’s partly because of the fandom, but I can’t stand Haruhi’s attitude. She pissed me off in the 1st-2nd episode, when she threatens the Computer Club by harasses Mikuru in the worst way possible.
Another thing I'd like to mention irrelevantly, Nakamura Yuri canNOT be compared to Haruhi. I know they do look similar, but their personalities are drastically different. Yuri cares and looks after her comrades, and acts like a 'leader'. Haruhi doesn't.
Yurippi is one of my favourite characters ever, and my favourite from Angel Beats. I'd also say she's about 500 billion times better looking than Haruhi, but that's just me. I don't think it's physically possible to dislike her, but I'm sure there are people who do.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
User avatar
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Helix! You're back!
Also, here's a cake for you (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5518&p=333795&hili ... ze#p333795" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
P.S: Yurippe > Haruhi. End of story
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
User avatar
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime
Location: Hell (Also known as Wales)

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm

I saw that already. I was gone for a while due to... a few issues really. Work's been keeping me busy, plus there's this MMO I've been playing pretty religiously, which I've started recording captures on and uploading to Youtube. Factor in writing, technical difficulties left right and centre, helping a few friends with many problems, and a completely fucked up sleep cycle, and the end result is very little free time. I've got some problems taken care of, but my sleep cycle is still way out of whack.

In other news, I see ufotable's deciding to wait until winter to bring us the last few eps of God Eater. I'm a tiny bit saddened by that, but at least now I have a reason to look forward to winter. Seriously that show is unparalleled amazeballs. It's too bad MAL won't let me rate it as highly as it deserves to be.

PS Yurippi will always be infinitely superior to Haruhi in every conceivable way to me, and no-one can convince me otherwise.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:29 pm

I am okay with Yurippe but I prefer Haruhi over her only by a little. Due to Yurippe does act like a leader but I am not really fond the leader type who is extremely heavy on the tsun side. I would admit I didn't like Yurippe as much when I first saw Angel Beats but she grew on me later on a tiny bit.
Last edited by HasbeenaHibiki on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Karob
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Posts: 473
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: ♪♫~
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Ichigo
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".
Location: Soul Cairn
Contact:

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Karob » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:53 pm

So far, I don't like the Haruhi anime. Each character annoys me in some way or another, except Nagato Yuki.
Image
MyAnimeListAniListProjects
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
User avatar
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime
Location: Hell (Also known as Wales)

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Karob wrote:Each character annoys me in some way or another, except Nagato Yuki.
That's basically how I felt about the characters too. I could tolerate Kyon as well, but he's too much of a doormat for me to like him. I didn't think much of Asakura during the main series, but in the Nagato Yuki-chan spin off she was my second favourite character, behind Yuki of course. Kyon and Tsuruya are better in that series too, but Haruhi and her lap dog (can't even be bothered to Google him) are still just as awful. Yuki was literally the only reason I endured the main season, and the only reason I watched the movie was because I hoped Haruhi would disappear for good. Still, Yuki was very good in that movie, but she's at her best in her own series.

I get the feeling I dropped something recently, but for the life of me I can't think what it was. Annoyingly, I don't think I added it to my MAL either, so that makes things difficult. It's times like this when I curse my appalling short term memory.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
User avatar
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Posts: 3098
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:52 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Nero Claudius
Melon Pan: 120
2020 Female Favorite: Nero Claudius
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
Wish: Anime girls to take over the world
Location: France

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Chibasa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:52 pm

I think Suzumiya Haruhi is a pretty decent series. For Haruhi she is definitely one the characters I like the most, well to be specific 2nd favourite character in the series. I would say the character who pissed me off to no end in that series is Mikuru.
SpoilerShow
I don't really like Haruhi, but she participates to the comic part of the series. First time I see the series I dropped it because of Mikuru, but when i re-watched it, I wonder if she was playing a role to save the world and wasn't just a moeblob in reality. Here's my theory: Kyon did not join SOS Brigade at first and universe was threatened, so Mikuru came back in the past, and play the victim/involved herself into Haruhi's plans to bait Kyon into her club.
After that she was forced to keep this fake personality for the sake of the universe. So Mikuru become a deep character who must bear Haruhi's crazyness and who can't totally confess herself to Kyon.

In the endless eight arc you can see Yuki, Koizumi and Mikuru discuss about problems before calling Kyon, because, when he is not around Mikuru can truly be herself and they start their plans without him, Mikuru bait him with the distress call, then start crying only when Kyon is around and Koizumi explains him the situation after. We must not rely on appearances. Kyon being manipulated whole series, because if you control Kyon you control Haruhi and you control the whole universe; that's why Koizumi "jokes" about a war between Time travelers, Aliens and Espers and that's why Mikuru can't trust Yuki.
Purely theoretical, of course.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
User avatar
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Seems like I'm the only one who actually likes Mikuru!
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
Post Reply