Your Dropped Anime List

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Reverend » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Seems like I'm the only one who actually likes Mikuru!
Hey you're not alone. I like Mikuru, too, almost as much as I like Haruhi.

Mikuru is the deepest character in the series (my guess is more of the mainstream guess rather than Chibasa's take, but it'll take a while to write all) but probably also the reason of why Tanigawa-sensei has not been able to continue the series. She's just too deep, and Tanigawa-sensei doesn't have enough background to scientifically build the world behind Mikuru. It has to be perfect: her background (the science and logic behind it,) her action, and her conclusion (since it's winter of her third year there.) It has to be perfect or it will be no different than all those other shitty harem + mystery + a little action + a little SoL LNs that you can find a lot there.

I believe he has been working hard trying to expand that, and perhaps the next part of the story is near-completion. I believe that's why Nagato Yuki-chan anime was made (and sold. Look at that lots of volume with almost no sales... Looks like a certain effort to gather budget for future project. People don't divide series on so many volumes unless they are sure people would buy it (like idol animes etc) or they have some ulterior motives like looking for budget etc. This is a dead series we're talking, so they need to fund it theirselves. Can't expect extra sponsors.)
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I don't like Mikuru, but I don't dislike her either. I would say I nothing her. Aside from being (in my opinion) a typical top-heavy clutz, she's just too insignificant for me to give a rat's arse about. It's very easy for me to forget that she exists, even as a "moeblob" (I think that was the term). I tend to just ignore excessively busty characters unless they do something to piss me off or just have a shitty personality. Like Shizuka from HOTD. I hardly ever notice her in the show despite her colossal knockers. Sticking with HOTD to try and emphasise my point (poorly no doubt) I don't like Saya, or Rei for that matter. Saya's your typical stuck up ojou-sama spoilt brat, and she has a habit of whining and bitching. Rei's just a bitch, straight up, except she swings from dick to dick like some kind of whore version of Tarzan. Only took about ten seconds from her boyfriend getting his head caved in to her clinging to Takashi like there's no tomorrow.

I'm going to stop myself there because I can feel myself switching to rant mode. Let's just say I don't have a whole lot of positive comments about HOTD.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Chibasa wrote:
I think Suzumiya Haruhi is a pretty decent series. For Haruhi she is definitely one the characters I like the most, well to be specific 2nd favourite character in the series. I would say the character who pissed me off to no end in that series is Mikuru.
SpoilerShow
I don't really like Haruhi, but she participates to the comic part of the series. First time I see the series I dropped it because of Mikuru, but when i re-watched it, I wonder if she was playing a role to save the world and wasn't just a moeblob in reality. Here's my theory: Kyon did not join SOS Brigade at first and universe was threatened, so Mikuru came back in the past, and play the victim/involved herself into Haruhi's plans to bait Kyon into her club.
After that she was forced to keep this fake personality for the sake of the universe. So Mikuru become a deep character who must bear Haruhi's crazyness and who can't totally confess herself to Kyon.

In the endless eight arc you can see Yuki, Koizumi and Mikuru discuss about problems before calling Kyon, because, when he is not around Mikuru can truly be herself and they start their plans without him, Mikuru bait him with the distress call, then start crying only when Kyon is around and Koizumi explains him the situation after. We must not rely on appearances. Kyon being manipulated whole series, because if you control Kyon you control Haruhi and you control the whole universe; that's why Koizumi "jokes" about a war between Time travelers, Aliens and Espers and that's why Mikuru can't trust Yuki.
Purely theoretical, of course.
Personally, I see them controlling Kyon by pretending Haruhi is the target. Rule #1 of dealing with someone with awesome powers, make sure they don't realize they have them.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:09 am

Depending on how the next episode of each turns out, I may end up dropping Subete ga F ni naru and Lance & MAsques this week. Lance & Masques is occasionally funny, but it feels way too childish at the same time, particularly the animation (like the MC's father, who looks about the same age as his kid). Plus the whole "Warrior Maid" thing has been beaten to death for a while now. As for Subete ga F... so far the only thing I've got out of this show is migraine. Seems to be taking it's sweet time establishing a plot.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:10 am

Comet Lucifer, God damn what was that absolutely disaster of an episode 3?
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 am

I like Comet Lucifer. That's one show I don't plan on dropping.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:36 am

I forgot to say this last week, but I've dropped Subete ga F ni naru. On top of the skull fucking, there's also implied paedophilia, and I'm not okay with that. Lance & Masques on the other hand I'm sticking with, at least for now.
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 am

Kinda reviving this thread.

I dropped Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou, I don't think is a bad anime, but i don't have the time and motivation to continue watching it.

EDIT: Dropped as well Attack On Titan Junior High.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:27 am

Dropped Comet Lucifer because I cannot stand that one particular villain in the anime anymore and the cast was just annoying ( Bar Kuon but Kuon isn't enough to bring me back into anime )
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:17 am

Fuijiwara wrote:Dropped Comet Lucifer because I cannot stand that one particular villain in the anime anymore and the cast was just annoying ( Bar Kuon but Kuon isn't enough to bring me back into anime )
For Comet Lucifer villains I would say Gus and Puck are the ones I can't stand while I don't care about that mademoiselle guy.

Dropped Monogatari series due to I do like the characters but I don't like the dialogue styles in it and not too fond of the animation on it neither.
Last edited by HasbeenaHibiki on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 am

People dropping Comet Lucifer makes me sad. I'm really enjoying it at the moment. It's finally good enough for me to give it 10/10 on MAL. It's been stuck on 9 since about episode 3. I mean, I know it doesn't compare to Gakkou Gurashi, which was an instant 50 billion out of 10, but still, CL's pretty good. That and Hidan no Aria AA are the two shows on this season that I most look forward to.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Saya no UtaShow
I just saw a little of Let's Play!: Saya no Uta on Youtube, and I despise it. Now before you saw I should experience the game by playing it myself, just the thought of it makes me sick. I might not be "'deep enough to understand the complexities and multiple layers of human nature", but creating a gore-fest is so not a way to express your philosophy. In addition, the plot is too outlandish for me to take seriously. What's worse it that Saya no Uta is a series that wants to be taken seriously.

Urobutcher tried to make the Visual Novel edgy by adding adult and mature themes, but it's so up-to-the-eleven that it's almost disgustingly hilarious. Did I mention how much I hate Saya and Fuminori? I understand Fuminori’s rather unfortunate circumstances, but that’s no excuse to frigging kill anyone. You want me to sympathize will Saya and Fuminori because their perception is different from mine? I’m disgusting by some stuff too, but I wouldn’t murder/cannibalize/rape/mutilate it. I just can’t forgive Urobutcher for portraying mentally ill people so negatively. Ōmi was nice, and I liked Yoh a lot. Urobutcher just has to force death upon the reader, even if it doesn't fit correctly.
Don't understand what it is that people see in this story.
Sorry if I come off as rude, but it's just my opinion :/
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Dropped Accel World very quickly today. The art style was ug. Like Mickey Rourke's nutsack kind of ug. I can't watch an ugly show, so I gave it the finger. Started watching Log Horizon today as well, and that one I'm sticking with. It hasn't captured me like SAO did, but it still looks pretty damn good.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:14 pm

But but-
Accel World has better art than Log Horizon. :(
LH is so... DEEN.

Well, preference. Can't help with it. But at least you should stay for the plot. The first 12 episodes of AW, at least.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:02 am

I've found Log Horizon's art to be a lot better than Accel World's. For a start, the MC doesn't look like Ditto with legs. I *would* stay for the plot, but I'm not going to see much of the plot if the art's giving me migraine. If they ever remake AW, but put ufotable in charge of animation, *then* I'll watch it. Seriously, anyone who can produce UBW-level orgasmic visuals deserves to be worshipped as deities.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Post by RailWarrior » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:31 am

Yes, Accel World needs more clouds. Get on it, ufotable.

P.S. WOW, I've been making the cloud joke for a long time now, but I'm only just realizing...ufo table...cloud = table...yeah...The pun is now real...Oh, fuck my life
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:46 am

Hahaha Accel World, do you really have trouble with the "art", or you just can't stay with the MC! I am usually lenient, but I dropped AW in less than 5 min. Hahaha, this sounds BAD, but well it's the truth.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 am

Homura wrote:Hahaha Accel World, do you really have trouble with the "art", or you just can't stay with the MC! I am usually lenient, but I dropped AW in less than 5 min. Hahaha, this sounds BAD, but well it's the truth.
I dropped it in less than 5 minutes too. Didn't even get to the opening credits, if there even are any for the pilot ep. You can't have an MC who looks like a rejected Pokemon, it just doesn't work. Even the wimpiest looking MC's are a trillion times more badass than that lump of shit looks. It's just a little difficult to root for an MC who looks like he'd be defeated by a gentle incline.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:22 am

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:If they ever remake AW, but put ufotable in charge of animation, *then* I'll watch it. Seriously, anyone who can produce UBW-level orgasmic visuals deserves to be worshipped as deities.
Even ufotable won't do much for Haruyuki-kun.
That's his charm, you know? The fact that he's just a fat lump cowardice piece of shit? Not piece of shit that trying to look cool like, perhaps, Shinji Ikari?

Well, tolerance. Also can't help with that. Talk about social injustice. Not every people is tolerant, even if they say they are a tolerant person. BS... BS... : /
HelixDraxzonyx wrote:but I'm not going to see much of the plot if the art's giving me migraine.
Then you should stay for Kuroyukihime-senpai. <3
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Nero Claudius
Melon Pan: 120
2020 Female Favorite: Nero Claudius
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
Wish: Anime girls to take over the world

Post by Chibasa » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:34 am

That's his charm, you know? The fact that he's just a fat lump cowardice piece of shit? Not piece of shit that trying to look cool like, perhaps, Shinji Ikari?
The biggest problem is his art-style is incoherent with his universe, he could be a fat piece of shit too but look like a human from Accel world. For me it's like seeing Mikasa Ackerman in Hello Kitty body: It's weird.

And it's a bit sad because the fact he is a piece of shit at the start is interesting and is indeed part of the charm of the show, because he understand even if he'll keep looking like a piece of shit he can become someone/something else than shit.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best