Your Dropped Anime List

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Karob
School nurse
School nurse
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2017 Male Favorite: Shirogane Kei (Shiroe)
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by Karob » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 pm

HasbeenaHibiki wrote:Mirai Nikki- I do think the plot is decent, but the reason why I dropped it is Yuno's yandere-ness makes it too unbearable to watch.
I never "dropped" Mirai Nikki, but it has been on hold for years for nearly the same reason. By the way, are you fine? I think you're bleeding. Profusely.
ImageImageImage
MyAnimeListAniListProjects
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:40 am

Reverend wrote:
HasbeenaHibiki wrote:Mirai Nikki- I do think the plot is decent, but the reason why I dropped it is Yuno's yandere-ness makes it too unbearable to watch.
WHAT!?
*stabs*
*stabs some more*
*stabs repeatedly*
spoiler to the whole story, here, though tbh: you can already se…Show
Well, Yuno's one character you will only start to appreciate her existence in the second half, as the story takes an even worse turn.
And you will fully understand once you get to the last... 6 episode(?). So, it's pretty reasonable if you drop it before then.
(And also, she's one character made to be hated. I think the writer wanted you to fear her and everything about the setting early, and then slowly sympathize the cowardice Yukiteru as he goes out of his tortoise shell and face his fate.)

Where do you drop it, btw?
*continues stabbing*
Lol. I would get in on the stabbing, but I'm going to sit on the fence instead. I liked Mirai Nikki because Yandere is awesome, but I felt that there was a lot that could have been improved. I'm not a big fan of Yanderes turning against their partner, for a start. That's why I'll always choose Kotonoha over Yuno. That being said, Mirai Nikki had some major feels. Especially the Rewrite OVA. So.... I'm kind of on the fence about it really. It has good points and bad points in roughly equal measure.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

Oh yeah, I'd also like to add Hundred to the Drop List. I quit after the pilot. If you haven't seen it yet, don't. It's basically Infinite Stratos but with less credibility. At least with Charlotte Dunois, I'd believe she was a guy if I was tired/drunk enough. But Emile from Hundred... worst trap ever. You'd have to have an IQ of -10,000 to believe she's a dude. You've got a better chance of convincing me that Agil's a chick than you have of convincing me that Emile's a dude, and yet all the characters believe the blatant lie. And we're expected to believe that they're the heroes of this show? Humanity is fucked.

Oh yeah, and the "Savages" look like cheap knock-offs of the Four Horsemen of John from Owari no Seraph.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 am

A new show started airing today, and I dropped it after about 30 seconds. Onigiri. My God that was some massive shit. I'll stick to playing the game. For now, but its creators seem to love fucking its players over so I doubt I'll play it for much longer.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:42 am

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Oh yeah, I'd also like to add Hundred to the Drop List. I quit after the pilot. If you haven't seen it yet, don't. It's basically Infinite Stratos but with less credibility. At least with Charlotte Dunois, I'd believe she was a guy if I was tired/drunk enough. But Emile from Hundred... worst trap ever. You'd have to have an IQ of -10,000 to believe she's a dude. You've got a better chance of convincing me that Agil's a chick than you have of convincing me that Emile's a dude, and yet all the characters believe the blatant lie. And we're expected to believe that they're the heroes of this show? Humanity is fucked.

Oh yeah, and the "Savages" look like cheap knock-offs of the Four Horsemen of John from Owari no Seraph.
Why did you start in the first place?
HelixDraxzonyx wrote:but its creators seem to love fucking its players over so I doubt I'll play it for much longer.
This adds the humor value of the show to me, tbh.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Reverend wrote:Why did you start in the first place?
Because the review I read made it sound like it would be on the same level as God Eater. I was expecting something not too far off from that, but I ended up with something so horrendous that calling it "abysmal" would be a compliment. Until the show actually started, I had no reason to suspect that it would be crap.
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Spring 2016 wise Sakamoto Desu Ga will most likely a drop because the jokes are too repetitive and it is kind of dull humor wise.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Drop: Saki, 17/25
Whoa I feel like watching long run anime. -_-
Well, it's good pacing, considering it's mahjong and you need to fill in enough details for everyone to get the most vibe.
Nodoka still annoying as shit.
Koromo is pretty boring, tbh. At least she looks like that loli that would get snugged if she has no one with her.
Saki is still plain as always.
Yuuki x Koutaro is ssweet, yet it stuck.
The rest I don't care.

Penguin doll (what's its name, again?) best character.
It managed to keep its calm like a true boss despite having plots dropped into its head all the time.

Edit: lol I forgot about this post.
I ended up "finishing" it, thanks to me having to find a certain pic for a certain business. It forced me scavenge the whole anime in super speed.
Opinion doesn't change. If only Nodoka isn't all "Miyanaga-san" -_-
Dem boobs can be used for better purpose, Haramura-san ^^;
Penguin knows best.
Last edited by Reverend on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Reverend wrote: Penguin doll (what's its name, again?) best character.
It managed to keep its calm like a true boss despite having plots dropped into its head all the time.
SpoilerShow
Penguin doll gets his arm torn off and Koromo spends the episode finding a way to get it sewn back
Koromo also gets her own episode (can't remember if it's in the season or a special) which is nice, but doesn't redeem the show
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:10 am

Unless there's improvement in the next episode, I'll probably drop Sousei no Onmyouji. Looked good in trailers, has been disappointing so far. Heavily cliched, poorly written, painful humour. It has potential, but I've got a horrible feeling that said potential will be buried under a hurricane of shit, as so often happens these days.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Dropped: Sakamoto, desu ga? 2/-

Objectively: it's good fun.
But for me it's boring, and at times annoying as fuck.
It's a one-man show. Being a one-man show, if you don't enjoy that one character, you won't enjoy the show.
That's the case of Sakamoto for me.

Horie Yui is cute, though.
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Reverend wrote:Dropped: Sakamoto, desu ga? 2/-

Objectively: it's good fun.
But for me it's boring, and at times annoying as fuck.
It's a one-man show. Being a one-man show, if you don't enjoy that one character, you won't enjoy the show.
That's the case of Sakamoto for me.

Horie Yui is cute, though.
Also dropped Sakamoto due to the same reasons.
Domi
Dango
Dango
Worships: Momo Belia Deviluke

Post by Domi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Bumping this thread for question
Am I the only one around that stopped long ago to drop anime?
I don't know, but I also watch shows which I consider are really shit until the end (just recently did so for Divine Gate, PSO2 and some other)
Somehow there is still something in myself that wants me to continue instead of dropping
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:41 pm

I don't have the time for that. I've got a To Watch list of almost 50 shows, and I have enough trouble getting the time to watch any of them. I'm not going to waste time I don't have on cancerous anime. That said, I watched Death Note to the end. Regretted it. Same with Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I probably should have dropped Akame ga Kill, but whatever. I have no intention of doing that ever again though. If it sucks, I'll drop it and never come back to it.

Speaking of drops, I think I'll have to move Shirobako from Hiatus to Dropped. I have no motivation whatsoever to make the time to pick this up again. There aren't all that many Slice of Life type shows that I like. The ones I *do* like typically have some kind of catch to them. With Shirobako though, there's just nothing. I don't dislike it, but I have no reason to watch it. I think it'll be a good few years before I could find the time for it, but even with the time, there's no real appeal to watch it. Why watch a decent SoL when I can rewatch a legendary action show, or a comedy that makes me laugh so hard I cry? So, I'm dropping Shirobako.
Karob
School nurse
School nurse
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2017 Male Favorite: Shirogane Kei (Shiroe)
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Post by Karob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:25 am

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Speaking of drops, I think I'll have to move Shirobako from Hiatus to Dropped. I have no motivation whatsoever to make the time to pick this up again. There aren't all that many Slice of Life type shows that I like. The ones I *do* like typically have some kind of catch to them. With Shirobako though, there's just nothing. I don't dislike it, but I have no reason to watch it. I think it'll be a good few years before I could find the time for it, but even with the time, there's no real appeal to watch it. Why watch a decent SoL when I can rewatch a legendary action show, or a comedy that makes me laugh so hard I cry? So, I'm dropping Shirobako.
I feel pretty much the same about Shirobako.
ImageImageImage
MyAnimeListAniListProjects
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:38 pm

I am giving No Game No Life another chance but not sure if I should drop it again or not. Due to the "Blank never loses" makes it predictable and makes Sora/Shiro too overpowered compared to everyone else. Not to mention Sora/Shiro aren't that appealing personality wise and I feel bad for Steph due to how she is treated in there.
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:11 am

I guess that depends on how seriously you're taking NGNL. It wasn't intended to be taken seriously. Sora and Shiro are meant to be OP, for now at least, but I think the idea is that later on they'll realise that they're actually not OP at all after all. I have no issues with their personalities myself, but I agree with your point on Stephanie's treatment. That's pretty uncool. I still ended up enjoying the show anyway.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto
2017 Female Favorite: Kanbe Kotori
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi

Post by RailWarrior » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:54 am

Bakuon!!, Joker Game, Hundred
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:08 am

Why finished Big Order? Is there (still) "some sense of fun" in the anime?
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto
2017 Female Favorite: Kanbe Kotori
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi

Post by RailWarrior » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:30 am