Your Dropped Anime List

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Your Dropped Anime List

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 am

I watched the first and last episode of School Days.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 am

Desufire wrote:
Homura wrote:Shana is a character who is so complete. She has very contradictory selves inside her body, making her an interesting character. Though I don't particularly like the story of Shakugan no Shana, she dragged me through the whole 20 books. She is just such a handsome girl.
This is how my personal feelings towards Shana grew during the three seasons.
Season 1: I hate you, why do you exist. Kazami is such a better character. How did you just randomly get feelings for Yuuji.
Season 2: Y'know, you're not that bad. You kick some major ass and I'm glad you and Kazami are friends/rivals now.
Season 3: You are pretty darn cool. But seriously why do you like Yuuji, he's such a worthless character, you wanting to be with him just bogs down your character, you could have been so much better if you just realized Yuuji isn't worth you nor Kazami's time.

Needless to say Yuuji went from worthless and annoying in season 1 to downright despicable and close to Makoto Itou bad in season 3.
Personally I don't like Yuuji either. My dislike of him reached a peak at the end of season 2. I don't care about him that much, but at least he is a smart guy and willing to do some crazy things, so I'm finally okay with him. As for shana, yes, she is a truly strong girl. Btw, Kurisu & Okabe is my top 1 couple.
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 am

Yuuji is bad, but he's better than saito. Yuuji did what he did in order to protect shana. Love makes people do stupid things. Of course, I'm not standing up for him. I'm just saying that he's not evil. He's just the anti-hero in season three. At least he was strong enough to balls up instead of staying a whiny character.

Saito on the order hand, doesn't deserve anyone and neither does makoto itou.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:15 am

10ZHAbin wrote:I watched the first and last episode of School Days.
Hey maybe I should do that too. Just to gain the satisfaction of watching the bane of existence fall to his doom.

is it obvious how much i hate makoto?

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:42 am

Kazumi > Shana. That is all.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:03 am

My feelingShow
HelixDraxzonyx
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Ruiko Saten
Wish: To see one of my stories/fan fictions made into an anime

Post by HelixDraxzonyx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 am

I've seen School Days all the way through. I quite enjoyed it actually. A pretty typical highschool story right up until the yandere ending (and by typical I mean that it's a situation I've commonly had occurring all around me. Guys just can't seem to keep it in their pants). Sometimes I prefer seeing something believable rather than witches or aliens or whatever. Probably why I ended up liking Seitokai Yakuindomo and D-Frag! as well.

I don't want to get too deep into discussing Shana, but personally she just annoys me. She spent pretty much all of the first season dancing around her own feelings, and when she finally tells Yuuji how she feels, it's about 5 seconds before she blows him up. Because nothing says "I love you" like an apocalyptic firestorm. If it hadn't been for the ring he'd taken from Friagne, Yuuji would have been vaporised. Then in season two, she refuses to admit her feelings again and seems to run away from the topic at every convenient moment. She also spends a lot of time effectively telling Yuuji to man up, and when he finally does, she doesn't like it. Make up your mind woman! And then season 3, jeez. She loves him but she won't let him save her? Ego alert. It's like: "I'm going to create a new world so you never have to fight Denizens again" - "Ok, so I'm going to declare war on you and make your job a whole lot harder, getting countless people killed in the process." That kind of logic makes me want to put my head through the whole planet. And that's why I don't like Shana. I think it would have been a lot less hassle if Yuuji had gotten with Yoshida instead.

I just remembered another show that I nearly quit but held out with: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I wonder how many threw in the towel during the Endless Eight debacle? I nearly did, but I chose to bear with it. It was ok I guess, but that arc should have lasted only three episodes. One where they don't know they're looping, one where they discover they're looping, and one when they fix the problem. The other five were just unnecessary. I was also on Kyon's side during that movie thing. Screw the world, I'd be peeved with Haruhi as well in that situation. I quite liked the movie though. Yuki made it very worth watching.

I've not seen Accel World, and I have no plans to either. I've got a pretty busy anime schedule at the moment, and a lot of shows on my list to watch. Currently watching Date A Live II, Toradora, and Toaru Majutsu no Index (for the third time in a row). Those are the completed shows anyway. As for the ones still airing: Parasyte, Shiro Bako, Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, Akame ga Kill and Grisaia no Kajitsu. I saw Shingeki no Kyojin earlier in the year. It was alright, didn't live up to the hype though. Still, I'd recommend it to anyone who's not seen it yet. To be honest though, my advice for everything in general (not just anime, but movies and games as well) is don't believe the hype. People told me that Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou was pants. I loved it. It's my favourite Magical Girl show (not that I've seen many of those. Three or four I think now). People said the new Godzilla movie was rubbish. I think it's the best Godzilla movie. People slated Transformers Age of Extinction, I loved it. If you listen to the critics, you'll end up missing out on good things, and if you believe the hype, you'll be disappointed. SnK was a let down, so was the Simpsons Movie, so was RWBY, to name a few.
In Sword Art Online, a single blade could take you anywhere. In my world, a single pen can destroy that blade, or transform it into something that can change the world for millennia to come. Allow me to reveal to you the infinite power of a writer.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:08 am

I just remembered another show that I nearly quit but held out with: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. [...] It was ok I guess, but that arc should have lasted only three episodes. One where they don't know they're looping, one where they discover they're looping, and one when they fix the problem. The other five were just unnecessary. I was also on Kyon's side during that movie thing. Screw the world, I'd be peeved with Haruhi as well in that situation. I quite liked the movie though. Yuki made it very worth watching.
Every. Single. Sentence, I agree with. (Except the Endless Eight I removed because I wasn't watching as it was airing.)

However, there is an interesting argument FOR Endless Eight.
SpoilerShow
What would you feel if there were only three episodes? "That wasn't too bad," right? How about five episodes? It's bad, but at least it's over. Moving on. Now, what about eight episodes? You get a fiasco. Everyone rages. Nobody enjoyed the experience of watching eight loops; it was extremely unbearable. What people don't realize is that they saw only eight loops. Within the context of the anime, there was over 15000 loops, and there's one character who experiences ALL 15000 loops: Nagato. So what am I getting at?
Fast forward to Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. Who was the person behind the alternate world phenomenon? Right, Nagato. We're told the motive behind her actions is due to a certain malfunction caused by "emotion." But is that really all there is to it? We only experienced eight loops in the cycle, and that was enough to spawn massive rage, multiple memes, and even a public apology by the director. It's no wonder that after 15000 loops, Nagato said "fuck it. To hell with this shit; I just want a normal life."
Basically, the existence of Endless Eight makes Shoushitsu possible. We're able to sympathize with Nagato and understand her motives. This makes the movie experience that much more fulfilling. People view the movie as a redemption for the Endless Eight fiasco, but really the movie is a compliment as well as a catharsis-- not only for viewers but for Nagato.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 am

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:That kind of logic makes me want to put my head through the whole planet. And that's why I don't like Shana.
Unlike many other characters, simply kind but boring, Shana is "troublesome" and mind strong. People have very different feelings about her decisions & reactions in the long anime/novel. This is why I love her, a unique/complex character making people never want to compromise each other when talking about her. I like the way you dislike her, haha.

HelixDraxzonyx wrote: I just remembered another show that I nearly quit but held out with: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I wonder how many threw in the towel during the Endless Eight debacle? I nearly did, but I chose to bear with it. It was ok I guess, but that arc should have lasted only three episodes. One where they don't know they're looping, one where they discover they're looping, and one when they fix the problem. The other five were just unnecessary. I was also on Kyon's side during that movie thing. Screw the world, I'd be peeved with Haruhi as well in that situation. I quite liked the movie though. Yuki made it very worth watching.
I watched every minute of the Endless Eight in two nights. It was really not that bad for killing time x). I also prefer the movie.

HelixDraxzonyx wrote: If you listen to the critics, you'll end up missing out on good things, and if you believe the hype, you'll be disappointed.
True statement
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 am

I feel the need to get it updated a second time today.

Drop list:

Accel World (2 times)
Akazukin Chacha
Bakemonogatari
Bleach
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Boku Tomo
B'tX
Clannad
Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier
DAL
Digimon Savers
Dragon Ball Z
Durarara
Eureka Seven
Fairy Tail (2 times)
Glasslip
Golden Time
Grappler Baki
Gundam series (exclude Seed and Destiny)
Haiyore Nyaruko-san
HenNeko (2 times)
Hyouka
Hunter x Hunter (2 times)
Kill la Kill
K-On
Lucky Star (2 times)
Magic Kaito 1412
Mahouka (novel)
Muteki Kanban Musume
Nagi no Asukara
Naruto (2 times)
Nisekoi (manga)
No Game No Life (3 times anime, 1 time novel)
One Piece
Ore no Imouto
Ouran High School Host Club
RWBY
Saint Seiya Omega
Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
Samurai Flamenco
Servant x Service
Seto no Hanayome
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shin Sekai Yori
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
Strike the Blood
Sword Art Online (2 times)
Terraformars
Toaru Majustu no Index (novel)
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Watashi ni xx Shinasai (manga)
Zero no Tsukaima (2 times)
Zettai Bouei Leviathan

Regret not dropping:

Danganronpa (anime)
Golden time
Phantom: Requiem
Yosuga no Sora

People say don't drop it! :

Durarara (3 times)
Eureka Seven
Kill la Kill
Nagi no Asukara (2 times)
RWBY
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shingeki no kyojin (2 times)
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:06 am

Thanks everyone for your dedicated inputs so far.
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:02 am

Anytime! ~

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 am

I like Phantom haha. I have problems with it too of course
to point out some Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomShow
- in such short amount, of time.2 years, just 2 years Cal Devans Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WAHT YOU'VE BEEN EATIN GURLLLLLL
- school arc in the middle of nowhere
I feel like their age doesn't make sense at all
Ash Falls Town wrote: Shin Sekai Yori - Because I was feeling depressed at the time and it was depressing
Happened to me with Oyasumi Punpun(manga). I feel like I'm breaking apart, emotionally and mentally so it's better for me to stop.
Homura wrote:
My feelingShow
Omg can I have a matching avatar with you
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I forgot to mention that I dropped Kore wa zombie desuka on season two. I can't stand Eucliwood and the amount of fanservice that revolves around her.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Adding

Hyouka : Dropped after Chapter 3(Episode 11).
Hidan no Aria : I looked forward to this series at first, but now I think this was one of my black history. -_-
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:I forgot to mention that I dropped Kore wa zombie desuka on season two. I can't stand Eucliwood and the amount of fanservice that revolves around her.
The amount of fanservice that revolves around....Eu?? I must have been watching a different anime, because if I recall the events correctly, you just mentioned the character least subjected to fanservice.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

RailWarrior wrote:
Kurogarasu wrote:I forgot to mention that I dropped Kore wa zombie desuka on season two. I can't stand Eucliwood and the amount of fanservice that revolves around her.
The amount of fanservice that revolves around....Eu?? I must have been watching a different anime, because if I recall the events correctly, you just mentioned the character least subjected to fanservice.

Didn't she get many moments of intense cutisfy and swimsuits
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:

Well, I said least subjected. So while she did have some moments, everyone else received way more. I claim this because at the time I was watching Kore wa Zombie I was in a phase of "fanservice ruins everything" and would most likely drop an anime due to it. Eu was the reason I stayed because the staff didn't go out of their way to give us some bullshit ecchi scenes of her.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Desufire wrote:The problem I have with SnK is the obnoxious fanbase and the dumb cosplay. Literally just get the same outfit and choose a wig of a random color, BAM youre an SnK character
Something I often have a problem with the fanbase of shows, part of the reason I set DAL and the Bakemonogatari series aside.
As for the cosplay, gotta have the gear or it doesn't work :p

Lucky Star, I want to watch for the complete randomeness. Plotless anime are a time for my brain to relax, what other use is there for watching anime? XP

Personally all of the Rie tsunderes are too-far, but all of them but Louise are tolerable (really, beating with a riding crop for the weakest offense?) I rather like the more mild tsunderes like Hina and Horo and even Sora Takanashi, though I want to facepalm at them sometimes.

Yuuji's character died at the end of season 2 when he left the two girls standing in the snow waiting for him. At least show up and tell them to stop freezing their (cute) asses off stupid.

I have kinda 'dropped' the Haruhi series, I just can't stand her personality and having to deal with it in reality makes me not want to deal with it in a 'fantasy' of anime.

Hyouka isn't all that bad if you're looking for something to think about, but you have to go in with that as the mindset. It's actually quite thought provoking, though I don't like the 'moe jelly eyes'.
RailWarrior wrote:
Fuijiwara wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:
Well, I said least subjected. So while she did have some moments, everyone else received way more. I claim this because at the time I was watching Kore wa Zombie I was in a phase of "fanservice ruins everything" and would most likely drop an anime due to it. Eu was the reason I stayed because the staff didn't go out of their way to give us some bullshit ecchi scenes of her.
Her 'can't speak' motif killed her for me.

Kinda surprised no one's commented on my dropping of the Ouran series, I thought everyone loved it and I would get bashed for dropping it.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:20 pm

RailWarrior wrote:Kazumi > Shana. That is all.