Kantai Collection

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: Kantai Collection

Post by Reverend » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 am

Kantai Collection Episode 008Show
So next episode says: remodel
means it can still go fiction or historical, though probably it will go fiction route since MO will most likely be the last battle of the season
the remodel itself was historical

lol I'm skipping this episode
but honestly, there's nothing important, but perhaps the appearance of the legendary Yamato, the flagship of MO operation, the biggest battleship ever made by mankind
well, not the biggest, since her sister, Musashi, was bigger and had more guns
but Yamato is famous for her last stand, which also the last stand of the Japanese Navy: The battle of Okinawa, where it was said she stood against the whole US Pacific Navy (which actually was 7/8 the whole Navy since the US only has two or three fleets for Gibraltar, Italy, Africa, and Europe.)
well I'm going to far, I don't think the anime will reach that far
but honestly I would like to see that, if there would ever be a season 2 or 3,
the battle against Yamato, the last battle of every WW2-themed air combat arcade

on another thing: is it just me, or is the OST just got Joe Hisaishi involved?
honestly, it sounds like Disney, but considering this is Japan: Joe Hisaishi is the first name I could think of when I heard an animation used this kind of wonderful fantasy-world OST
honestly, it's beautiful, especially during the scene where Fubuki & friends rig Yamato
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:34 am

Kantai Collection ep. 08 (With screencaps, historical notes and…Show
The moe personification of the famous WWII super battleship (besides this version) arrives. Sadly, resources are still insufficient to have her do a proper sortie with the rest of the fleet--much less upgrade her into a space battleship with a wave motion gun... ^^;

- Loose historical note: Yes, Yamato was indeed stationed for a time at Truk/Chuuk Lagoon along with her sister ship Musashi. (As seen here. Better quality version here.)

- Ooi, you were thinking of this kind of hotel, am I rite? ;)
Zuikaku: "In other words, we proved that we can do just fine without Carrier Group One!"
- Zuikaku, the Admiral has asked if you would please stop foreshadowing! :o

- Now if only someone can combine that image (or a gif of that scene) with this music:
SpoilerShow
- Since we haven't shown any of KanColle's submarine girls yet, here's some kanmusu in submarine rigging swimsuits instead!
(Needs more Kongou and Haruna, though.)

- Fubuki's really attracted to the "big eaters" of the fleet, isn't she? (Not that I mind... It is kinda cute.)

- "Nagamon" meme confirmed... :lol:

- Yamato as she's being towed on a barge by Fubuki, Mutsuki and Yuudachi:
Upon the discovery of a flight of Abyssal aircraft a couple of scenes later...
How did Yamato wear her rigging so fast? :\ I'm pretty sure all that wouldn't fit in the wooden box she was sitting on earlier... (Subspace?)

Welp, just waiting on Isuzu and Ryuujou.* (And for Houshou to have a speaking role.)
(* - Since the next episode is about the "remodeling" mechanic, Isuzu and Ryuujou would be the best kanmusus who could demonstrate remodeling's ups and downs. They do have Kai 2 forms after all.)
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 am

KanColle, episode 7Show
This episode had pretty fun action sequences and a moderate amount of suspense with whether or not Shoukaku and Zuikaku would make it out of their predicament. Add in the subtle lessening of tensions between Zuikaku and Kaga, as well as Fubuki continuing to improve on her responsibilities as a flagship, and this episode turned out pretty well. But I was perhaps most pleased that Ooi's bitchy yandere attitude was toned down this episode. Hopefully that will continue. However, I will say when Kitakami pointed out the gray skies ruining the otherwise pleasant scenery, I half expected Ooi to open fire on the clouds...

On a side note, Fubuki secretly thinking Kaga and Zuikaku would make a great combo. Yep, a ship just shipped a couple of ships. I actually have to agree though, what with the two's interactions in this episode and in episode 5. In fact, taking into account both of the episode titles, it makes both Kaga and Zuikaku seem like tsunderes for each other.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto
2017 Female Favorite: Kanbe Kotori
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:26 am

Episode 8Show
Should I even bother questioning how Yamato's rigging just appears out of nowhere? These girls really do have some sort of invisibility powers.

And Kongou...please, don't criticize others' pronunciation if you yourself are still going to speak Engrish. Fact is, your pronunciation is worse.

Kai Ni gogogo!

To summarize, shit episode. I love how KanColle follows up amazing episodes with extremely disappointing content.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Episode 9Show
Poi goes Kai Ni.

Midway avoided?

Admiral dead, bringing the total characters MIA from 1 (Kisaragi) to...no, it's still just 1.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 pm

RailWarrior wrote:
Episode 9Show
Poi goes Kai Ni.

Midway avoided?

Admiral dead, bringing the total characters MIA from 1 (Kisaragi) to...no, it's still just 1.
SpoilerShow
WHAT!? THAT USELESS ISOROKU YAMAMOTO-WANNABE IS DEAD? CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS EPISODE :bigsmile:
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:46 am

Episode 9Show
RIP Yamamoto

LOL the anime-exclusive Fubuki Kai Ni is here.

>Next Weiss Schwarz set when?
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:27 am

blaZofgold wrote:
Episode 9Show
RIP Yamamoto

She actually got Kai Ni around the time episode 1 aired.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 am

RailWarrior wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:
Episode 9Show
RIP Yamamoto

She actually got Kai Ni around the time episode 1 aired.
She actually got Kai Ni because the anime was going to air.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Elvinsky wrote:
Kantai Collection ep. 08 (With screencaps, historical notes and…Show
How did Yamato wear her rigging so fast? :\ I'm pretty sure all that wouldn't fit in the wooden box she was sitting on earlier... (Subspace?)
RailWarrior wrote:
Episode 8Show
Should I even bother questioning how Yamato's rigging just appears out of nowhere? These girls really do have some sort of invisibility powers.
I have two tropes for you guys. This kind of thing is common in both anime and video games, so using these tropes actually isn't unprecedented. More episode specific comments inside the spoiler.
KanColle, episode 8 - trope useShow
However, with Fubuki, Mutsuki, Yuudachi, and Yamato all putting on their rigging all within the space of a camera cut, it makes the proper launch sequence at the Naval District's base kind of pointless other than for a cool magical-girl-type transformation sequence. So this is an example of ignoring logic in favor of not breaking the flow of the episode by having everyone travel back to whatever staging area the island has (and risk getting caught in the process). I'm not condoning this particular instance, since as I noted above, it violates the series' own internal consistency, but I recognize why it was done in this case.
I will have more to say on episode 8 a bit later since I have no time now, and there's a specific thing I want to try to include....
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:05 am

Kordosa wrote:I will have more to say on episode 8 a bit later since I have no time now, and there's a specific thing I want to try to include....
And done. Posting my very first Youtube video ever. Short and to the point. I edited the "M" in the "MOTEL" sign, and changed the name of the original motel to "Yamato". I decided to leave the "American Owned & Operated" part alone since I thought it would add humor. Visit the video page for more details.

KanColle, episode 8 (other musings)Show
Since Yamato is voiced by Ayana Taketatsu, she needs some cat ears. Another slice of life type episode. I took a look at Commie's subs for this episode since I used it to source the audio in the above video. I seriously facepalmed at Commie having Kongou say "hot towel" in her line about the pronunciation since that's not what she said. She used the Japanese pronunciation of the word "hotel" which is ho-te-ru (which Crunchyroll correctly subbed, and what Fubuki and Ooi used) in order to show the correct pronunciation of "hotel" (without the "ru" ending).
QuotesShow
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 am

SHIT COLLECTION
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:41 am

Kholdy wrote:SHIT COLLECTION
I can't wait to see what your reaction will be to KanColle Saimoe League 2016.

I actually don't think KanColle will be able to bring more than half a dozen characters (probably no more than half that actually) into the main tournament next year. And I say this because there's always hype every year for one series or another, but it usually doesn't amount to anything.

Anyway, most of the folks watching the anime are those who play the game; the first episode turned off a lot of the more casual watchers because of the blatant pandering, so the only variable left is the amount of newfags like me who decided to give the series a chance beyond the first episode and started to enjoy it.
QuotesShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: An awesome 2019 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:07 am

Ep. 9Show
Release the Fubuki Kai Ni.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: An awesome 2019 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 am

Kordosa wrote:
Kholdy wrote:SHIT COLLECTION
I can't wait to see what your reaction will be to KanColle Saimoe League 2016.

I actually don't think KanColle will be able to bring more than half a dozen characters (probably no more than half that actually) into the main tournament next year. And I say this because there's always hype every year for one series or another, but it usually doesn't amount to anything.

Anyway, most of the folks watching the anime are those who play the game; the first episode turned off a lot of the more casual watchers because of the blatant pandering, so the only variable left is the amount of newfags like me who decided to give the series a chance beyond the first episode and started to enjoy it.
I actually nominated two characters from this series to ISML. This competition needs to open up the qualification window or KanColle will be irrelevant unless there is a second season.

On this flip side, keep an eye out for this series in 2channel AST this year. This could leave an impact similar to Strike Witches or GuP. Shirobako might have a better chance in this competition, ISML, than the other one in Japan.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Kordosa wrote:Anyway, most of the folks watching the anime are those who play the game; the first episode turned off a lot of the more casual watchers because of the blatant pandering, so the only variable left is the amount of newfags like me who decided to give the series a chance beyond the first episode and started to enjoy it.
And then there's a small subset who are already interested in the warships the kanmusu are based on long before the game was introduced. I'm pretty sure they got all excited upon hearing about this discovery. (OK...kinda old news, but it's like discovering the wreck of the Titanic for WWII buffs.)

Anyway...
Kantai Collection ep. 09Show
- I kinda expected Isuzu and Ryuujou to be inside any of these wards, but no... Just Kitakami and Ooi outfitting new torpedoes on each other and Kongou having (what I assume to be) an erotic dream about the Admiral.

- Wotever Yuubari's buildin', it looks roight proppa Ork-y... All it needs is a coat of red paint!

- Is that a sail on Yuudachi? Sure, it won't look out of place on anything from the "Age of Sail," but on a WWII warship? Yeah, it's a bit odd.

- "You'll neverrr see me coming..." (Also, "Black Wock Shooter" meme confirmed.)

- KanColle's version of Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo (a.k.a.: the Doolittle Raid).

So it's not just Poi Yuudachi who gets an upgrade, but Fubuki gets (or rather, will get) hers as well. Also, with the original (and unseen) Admiral gone, maybe it's time for a new, more competent Admiral to step up and appear. (Bonus points if he looks like an older Gunzou Chihaya.) But probably not...
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Kantai 10Show
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Episode 10Show
No one sinks? Fubuki screws up big time and there's no major repercussions? God freakin' DAMN IT. Shit episode.

1 success in 100 attempts isn't a passing score. Time for Fubuki to fail and Akagi to sink. I will call bullshit if Akagi doesn't sink next episode.

Basically Fubuki gets so much attention because the (hopefully dead) Admiral is (was!) a horny bastard.

If it wasn't obvious, yes, I hate Fubuki. Which genius chose her to be the protagonist?

Cheering for the Abyssal Fleet.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:53 am

Ep. 10Show
So that in his dream, Fubuki wears that dress, that dress.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Reverend wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:
Episode 9Show
SpoilerShow
WHAT!? THAT USELESS ISOROKU YAMAMOTO-WANNABE IS DEAD? CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS EPISODE :bigsmile:
blaZofgold wrote:
Episode 9Show
RIP Yamamoto
Elvinsky wrote:
Also, with the original (and unseen) Admiral gone, maybe it's time for a new, more competent Admiral to step up and appear. (Bonus points if he looks like an older Gunzou Chihaya.) But probably not...
Reply, KanColle, episode 9Show
Guys, guys. The Admiral just went AFK* for a bit. Either that or got DC'd** because he has a crappy Internet connection.

* Away from keyboard
** Disconnected
Hachiko wrote:
Kordosa wrote:I actually don't think KanColle will be able to bring more than half a dozen characters (probably no more than half that actually) into the main tournament next year. And I say this because there's always hype every year for one series or another, but it usually doesn't amount to anything.

I actually nominated two characters from this series to ISML. This competition needs to open up the qualification window or KanColle will be irrelevant unless there is a second season.
I would think the Winter Seasonal should help somewhat. As far as eligibility in the main tournament goes, since most of the 32 kanmusu who make appearances in the opening animation sequence (yes, I actually counted) went on to have lines beyond just their catchphrases in the episodes up through episode 9 (and not counting a few others who have made appearances), and taking into account the low entry bar (Raildex's Shokuhou Misaki got in last year with about 3 minutes of actual screentime, possibly including the OP itself), I think most of the kanmusu who have showed up in the anime will be eligible. Still, I think that because there is such a large cast of characters and since the anime initially turned off a lot of the more casual anime fans via episode 1's ensemble set up, I don't think anyone other than Kongou and Fubuki will make it in next year. Possibly Mutsuki, Yuudachi, and Shimakaze. It will all depend on how much overlap there is between people who play the game and are also anime fans. If they are mostly just KanColle fans, then sure, they might watch the anime, but that doesn't necessarily mean they enjoy anime as a whole, or would want to vote in a saimoe tournament like ours.

I nominated Kongou, Fubuki, Mutsuki, Zuikaku, and Inazuma.
Elvinsky wrote:And then there's a small subset who are already interested in the warships the kanmusu are based on long before the game was introduced. I'm pretty sure they got all excited upon hearing about this discovery. (OK...kinda old news, but it's like discovering the wreck of the Titanic for WWII buffs.)
I heard about that actually mentioned in one of the comments.
Elvinsky wrote:
- Kongou having (what I assume to be) an erotic dream about the Admiral.
Reply, KanColle, episode 9Show
Cue Kongou ear fetish images showing up on Danbooru now.
Elvinsky wrote:
- Wotever Yuubari's buildin', it looks roight proppa Ork-y... All it needs is a coat of red paint!
Touhou 12.3 HisoutensokuShow
Wait, you mean that's not Nitori working on Hisoutensoku? :P
And finally, now for my own thoughts.
KanColle, episode 9Show
I'm not sure if I like Yuudachi's remodel all that much. Maybe it's just because her speech pattern got tweaked just a bit as well as her appearance? Meh, I'm sure I'll get used to it. She's still Yuudachi after all. I did think her doggy ear hair was kind of cute though. According to TV Tropes, though, that wasn't the original intention: "Again, according to the artist, the ear-like hair flaps she gains in her Kai Ni form is to give her the image of a ferocious hound that she gained from her last battle." Ferocious, huh? Yeah, I'm not sure about that. Anyway, speaking of Yuudachi reaching her second remodel, I learned from some comments that Kongou debuted in the anime already at Kai Ni (I don't play the game so I was ignorant of the details in her outfit). Kongou is remaining the best kanmusu so far. Once again she consoles Fubuki in this episode. Also, Kongou x Fubuki >>>>>>>>>>Akagi x Fubuki. And yeah, the first thing I thought of when the Admiral's chair was shown all charred was that he went AFK for a bit and his base got blown up while he was away. Games without pause functionality are a bitch after all.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention. Holy crap, standing next to destroyer group 6 and even Fubuki and Mutsuki, Shimakaze looks tall....
Last edited by Kordosa on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuotesShow